Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Everton songs for the Cup Final

I have now put up a collection of nine Everton songs and video collages on YouTube for the Cup Final. I hope your readers will like these new songs on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToffeeTunes

Alan Smart, Clackmannanshire, Scotland     Posted 21/05/2009 at 09:58:44

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Ah... Waltzing Tim Cahill ? a lovely job, Alan!

Sean Patton
1   Posted 21/05/2009 at 17:47:23

Alan, They are all very good. You have done a fantastic job with the pictures as well as the tunes. My favourite is the Saved by the Fell ? that is inspired.
Michael Hunt
2   Posted 21/05/2009 at 19:12:55

Well in Alan, Great stuff indeed!

By the way, anyone know what the ?official? Everton Cup Final song is, assuming there is one?? Would be great if it could include crowd noice and commentary from the moments each goal went in on the road to wembley i.e. from Ossie?s belter at Moss Rose to Jags slotting to slay the Mancs under the Wembley Arch :-)

Jon J Cox
3   Posted 21/05/2009 at 19:39:28

Great work Alan,

My eyes are streaming...
Fran Mitchell
4   Posted 21/05/2009 at 23:09:28

Excellent!

Finally a few smart, quirky songs that can be sang by the Goodison Crowd.

Hopefully they will be picked up upon for the final. Maybe someone could distribute lyrics to songs for fans at the cup final.

Singing Money Can't Buy Me Love to the Chelsea fans would be fantastic.

Can see one or two of these lasting a while, especially the Cahill and Fellaini ones.

Good Work!
Tony Anetts
5   Posted 21/05/2009 at 23:04:48

Alan, awesome ? when does the album come out? I really liked ?The Leaving of Goodison? ? great work son. Do I hear a Scottish brogue?
Michael Coffey
6   Posted 22/05/2009 at 09:20:43

This is all very well, but I really think we should be practicing "Abide with Me". I recall the Guardian report of the 84 final remarking "for once, Abide with Me was sung with feeling" by the Everton crowd

If we are indeed the club and fans restoring tradition, integrity and wagon wheels to the Premier League, we should be getting our tonsils round that. After all, its sentiments sum up Chelsea perfectly...

"Swift to its close ebbs out life?s little day
Earth?s joys grow dim, its glories pass away..."

Altogether now..
Alan Smart
7   Posted 22/05/2009 at 10:09:28

Thank for et complements. I?ll post a few more before the final and get all the words up on the net too.

I agree with Michael about "Abide with Me" ? but it ain?t an either or. We?ve getting there, the match itself and the way back with the cup to fill too.

I was at the 95 final and remember a London guy telling me it was the best he?d heard Abide with Me sang for many a year. Great song, but essentially I think its because Toffees like singing, Scousers do, just like Glasgewgians where I come from. But up until now Celtic have had all the best songs (we pinch theirs!) so I thought I?d even it up a bit!

And we?ve got the Beatles, all four Evertonians, and Pete Best too, a Goodison regular. So who can top us, not even the Celts. Certainly not Chelski. So let?s give it to them at Wembley!

Derek Turnbull
8   Posted 22/05/2009 at 10:11:10

A fantastic one was posted on another forum recently. It weas posted as a new song, whether we used to sing it though I don?t know.

She wore, she wore, she wore a Royal Blue Ribbon
She wore a Royal Blue Ribbon in the Merry Month of May
And when, they asked, why she wore that Ribbon
She said it was for Everton and we?re going to Wembley
Wembley, Wembley, We?re the Greatest team in Europe
And we?re going to Wembley!!
Michael Coffey
9   Posted 22/05/2009 at 10:46:05

If anyone needs the tune for the above (and it?s a classic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6rZ28ObFUI&feature=PlayList&p= BCC9323CFD5075C9&playnext= 1&playnext_from=PL&index=43
Allan Barratt
10   Posted 22/05/2009 at 10:31:22

Amazing!!!! So many great songs!!! Sat at work, with a tear in my eye!!
Derek Turnbull
11   Posted 22/05/2009 at 11:31:28

Michael Coffey, you know that ’She wore a Royal Blue Ribbon’ song, did Everton used to sing that did they? When I posted it I just assumed that it was a new song a couple of fans suggested on another site.
Tom Hughes
12   Posted 22/05/2009 at 12:53:59

Derek,
Evertonians sang that years ago. I can remember it in the 70s, and think it?s earlier still.
Derek Turnbull
13   Posted 22/05/2009 at 13:26:39

Thanks Tom! I’m glad we did it’s great!

Was I right on the words? Also, the OP done a Tim Cahill song to Waltzin g Matilda, is it true we also had a version of that song, albeit not as friendly lyric wise!?
Tony I'Anson, Stirling
14   Posted 22/05/2009 at 23:58:47

Alan, what?s an Everton musical genius doing livin? in the Hillfoots. Me, Ar jmmy, Diso & Colin (from Netherton, L30) and loads of new Scottish based Everton fans are having a barbee in Bridge of Allan on our big day and a solo artist Everton songwriter would be most welcome. Free ale too.

You must already have 6 fingers on each hand if "ye cum fe the hillfits bye th waye. Is that why ye plae sae well, ken?
Mike Grundy
15   Posted 22/05/2009 at 19:53:39

Did anyone else hear the sneak preview of the 'Official Everton FA Cup Final Song' on Radio City this morning at around 8.30am?? I only caught the end, but it was ''Tell Me ma!'' and sounded brilliant!

Can't find it anywhere on the net though... anyone else hear it??

Jonathan Williams
16   Posted 23/05/2009 at 04:43:42

Awesome job, mate! Where did you get the Cahill vs flag image/poster that was in the clip?
Vincent Hindson
17   Posted 23/05/2009 at 11:59:09

Tabs for ’The Leaving of Goodison’ would be great, please!!

Great songs.
Rory Slingo
18   Posted 23/05/2009 at 16:57:52

Been finding myself singing ?Waltzing Tim Cahill? the last couple of days on the bus rides around town :) Hope it?s catching on elsewhere!
Thai Indawongse
19   Posted 24/05/2009 at 11:14:07

Please visit my YouTube page
COYB
Alan Smart
20   Posted 25/05/2009 at 13:04:23

I've just put all the songs, some even newer ones plus some traditional ones here

www.toffeetunes.net

All the lyrics are there as well as free audio (MP3) downloads.

Help pass this link on please ? it?s for the fans on the way to Wembely ? and on our way back with that cup!
Anthony Potter
21   Posted 28/05/2009 at 13:27:09

Question as an Everton fan living in the south. I am lucky enough to have a ticket for the final but wanted the know if anyone knew where all the fans are meeting before the game... any pubs been mentioned?
Michael Hawthorne
22   Posted 29/05/2009 at 10:11:23

She wore the yellow ribbon was an arsenal song years ago!!!!