Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Yobo's agent

Excellent news appears to be on the horizon given the reports in today's press that Joey Yobo is set to commit to a new long term deal. By my reckoning this is an shrewd piece of business and no more than one of the club's longest serving and committed pros deserves.

On the other hand can someone please have a word with his agent, John Shittu, who, after announcing that the deal was to be done shortly, stated Joey has happy to stay with Everton and would, and I quote, "only consider a move if it is to any of Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal." Now, maybe Mr Shittu may not realise this, but to link any of our players to Liverpool ? in any way shape or form ? is never gong to be a good idea. Just ask Tim Cahill ? when asked about a hypothetical move across the Park, what was his response? Never, says the man, that would be a stab in the back.

Am I just being over-sensitive or has Mr Shittu taken a bit of the gloss off a genuinely good news story?
Sean Callaghan, London     Posted 22/05/2009 at 06:57:53

Comments

Seamus Murphy
1   Posted 22/05/2009 at 14:15:04

No you are right - it does take the gloss off a good news story.
Paul OHanlon
2   Posted 22/05/2009 at 14:15:28

He’s an agent Sean, therefore he’s a money grabbing twat with no idea about football passion. Ignore him, Joey would never say something so stupid.
John Charles
3   Posted 22/05/2009 at 14:54:50

I thought the same; Joey needs to get on the phone and give the cunt a good bollocking.
Tony Haines
4   Posted 22/05/2009 at 15:19:57

Charlie
see attached link http://www.eventtravel.com/cms/display_seatingplan.aspx?seatingplan_objid=119 for the stadium plan.

We?re in the East Stand so looking at were you?ll be allocated I?d say Yes you?re in the Everton end. I picked my tickets up earlier today and I?m in Block 118.

Nick Lees
5   Posted 22/05/2009 at 15:49:56

All agents are money grabbing prats who are taking money out of football. I understand there are many players who are not the brightest and may need someone to look after their interests but all the more reason to admire the Neville brothers who I think do their own negotiations, or possibly it was their Dad who looks after them.
Jim Slade
6   Posted 22/05/2009 at 15:50:28

This is a quote from the discussion in the mailbag entitled "Yobo" from John Meredith.

"I?ve met his agent a few times, he is also Tim Cahill?s agent too. He seems a decent enough chap. He?s told me their love for the club and special relationship they have with Kenwright and how they could have each have been much richer had they not turned down numerous offers in the past for pastures new"

So this shittuhead is Cahill?s agent too?
Footballers treat their agents like toilet brushes, they use them to do a job they hate and wash their hands after it, unless your agent is Kia Joorabchain where the roles are reversed of course.

Anyhow, if Cahill and Yobo share this agent (allegedly) then it shows that agents are a genuine shower of shitetalking bolloxes who need to be muted. Any paper or TV station that quotes agents shite like this are trash themselves.
Matt Kassell
7   Posted 22/05/2009 at 15:59:53

According to BBC Football both Joey and Jags have signed new 5 year deals. I think this is excellent news. We are likely to see both at the club during their peak, late 20’s early 30’s for centre halves, so they say. Good stuff.
Matt Kassell
8   Posted 22/05/2009 at 16:03:36

Sorry, signing "is imminent" but negotiations are concluded.
Dave Roberts
9   Posted 22/05/2009 at 16:53:30

Just found out he’s a defender but that’s it so far!
Dave Roberts
10   Posted 22/05/2009 at 16:57:44

Sorry don’t know what happened there my original submission disappeared! I was asking if anybody knew anything about Mustafi Shkodan!
Dave Roberts
11   Posted 22/05/2009 at 16:59:32

Does anybody know anything about the 17 yr old German lad we have just signed? Mustafi Shkodan. I’ve tried a few websites and he is on Youtube but only lining up for the German youth team.

Where does he play etc?

I can understand him turning down Newcastle but choosing Everton over City (considering the money they now have) tells me some good work has been done by EFC and that this is a decent kid. Wish I knew something about his game though!
Dave Roberts
12   Posted 22/05/2009 at 17:00:35

????

Must be a time-warp!
Will Leaf
13   Posted 22/05/2009 at 16:50:45

Excellent news.

I was getting worried about these rumours of Yobo letting his contract expire and leaving for nothing after next season. At all costs (well, there are limits for everything, I suppose) we must keep the foundation of our success together, our back four grouping of players.

As for agents, these maggots would arrange for one of our players to go to Liverpool, and have their own grandmothers stabbed in the back, for want of an extra fiver.

Another aside: Anyone know if Pip does his own negotiating? He obviously consults no-one when it comes to decorating his house!
Ray Robinson
14   Posted 22/05/2009 at 17:29:17

Well Joey re-signing speaks volumes for the stature of the club at the moment. He could have gone elsewhere and, let?s face it, he hasn?t always been first choice centre back this season ? so that says a lot for Joey too ? that he didn?t spit his dummy out.

Even after 7 years, Joey is an asset and is one of the few players that the new look Everton has not outgrown.
Jeremy Benson
15   Posted 22/05/2009 at 18:28:41

At Joey?s age, I?d have preferred a 4-year contract at the most. He?s going to be a very expensive bench warmer when he?s 34....
Will Leaf
16   Posted 22/05/2009 at 21:56:45

You’re right there, Jeremy. A long contract was likely necessary to get him to sign, however.

As mentioned, he has been an excellent servant to the club. As backup right now he’s right up there with anyone in the Premier. And where would we be without him after Jags went down? Also centre backs can be useful reasonably far into their 30’s.

Overall, I think he is worthy of the contract (though we don’t know the wages yet). Any shorter he probably would have shopped elsewhere.
John Meredith
17   Posted 23/05/2009 at 01:58:00

To the best of my knowledge,gftr this John Shittu character is definately NOT Yobo?s agent, some Goal.Com website got a quote from some shady Nigerian bloke then it got spread about.

Do you really think Yobo?s agent would be quoting to the Press (after a 5-year deal is done) "that he would only consider a mover to Liverpool" etc.

Work it out?
Paul Chilli
18   Posted 23/05/2009 at 18:54:50

Here?s an interview with his agent I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI53-TDixSk

I remember Cahill speaking highly of his agent in an interview a few months back, saying something along the lines of "I?m lucky to have an agent who looks after me". Probably the same agent that wash pushing for improved terms on Cahill's contract near enough every season not so long ago!