Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Still not received your Wembley ticket?

I know that there's a separate thread for all matters relating to tickets for the FA Cup Final but it's worthwhile mentioning that for anyone who hasn't yet received ticket which they know has been allocated, they should ring the club as some tickets appear to be awaiting collection but their owners a) might not have received any notification of this or b) have been wrongly told that they have been dispatched.

After waiting all week for my tickets to arrive after having informed the Box Office that I would collect them but having been told / instructed that they had been despatched, I lost my nerve and rang in again ? only to be told this time that they were waiting for me to collect them after all.

I duly did so this morning only to find ? you might have guessed it ? that they've charged me for a non-existent recorded delivery!

Talk about garbled communication!
Ray Robinson, Warrington     Posted 23/05/2009 at 14:27:24

Comments

Tony Waring
1   Posted 23/05/2009 at 06:14:23

Can anyone explain how Tickets4Football can obtain tickets for the FA Cup Final and sell them on-line at extortionate rates? More to the point, what is the FA doing about it? It's a bloody disgrace.
Dave Roberts
2   Posted 23/05/2009 at 20:01:47

Ray is correct, I had the same problem although they didn?t charge me for posting them. When I picked mine up there was a bit of a queue and most of those around me had had the same problem. Only one person had specifically requested collection. Like me, everybody else just had an e.mail saying come and get ?em so we went and got ?em!

Once I had them in my hand though I didn?t feel like complaining!!
Fran Mitchell
3   Posted 24/05/2009 at 01:44:13

Tony,

They get them from the numerous sponsors and members of the football family (FA workers) who have no interest in the final. Then websites like these offer to buy these corporate tickets in bulk and sell them on at mass profits.

Unfortunately, the FA don?t give a crap. Never have gave a crap and never will give a crap. Football is all about money, nothing to do with fans. So this will continue. It ain't only the FA Cup, but England games, concerts and a possibly the World Cup.

Sponsors totally dictate how the game is run, the FA is simply the organisation to legitimise these actions. They use words like the Football Family to make it sound like football is one together family unit. Try telling that to Luton and Co.

However, this is the direction Football has taken, and it aint gonna go back. Fans are just consumers and consumers only, so long as we keep watching it aint gonna change. Which is one reason I?ll never ever purchase Sky or anything of the like (another is that it is generally shite).

It is also why I am against the Tescodrome (don?t really give a toss about it being in Kirkby). It is also why I don't buy all this Uefa Cup/League Cup is shite stuff. It's only been made like that to consolidate the power at the top, while making every other club desparately try to be the clubs at the top... and, in doing so, those clubs stop enjoying football in the present, because it's about ?reaching the next (unattainable) level?...

However, look at the bright side, football is ultra-capitalism and is based on the principles of Milton Freedman and Thatcherite/Reagan economy (creation of credit/fictitious capital, unregulated free-market economy and mass privatization). Look what has happened to that, and is continuing to happen to it.

Football is gonna implode on itself, maybe then the fans can start to enjoy themselves again, and actually afford to go the match (which I certainly cannot).
Michael Kenrick
4   Posted 24/05/2009 at 03:42:12

I wish I had a pound for ever time someone wrote in to this site confidently predicting that "football will implode in on itself" or some such shite, and return to be in the possession of the "real" fans... for fuck?s sake!
Jimmy Hacking
5   Posted 24/05/2009 at 09:48:48

Michael Kenrick, that comment made me laugh so hard I splurted out half my cereal. I too am sick of these armchair revolutionaries and their almost biblical prothesising. Let's just sit back and enjoy the bloody match, whether at Wembley, down the pub or in the living room. COYB
Tony Williams
6   Posted 24/05/2009 at 11:04:33

As Dave said, any pretense I had of a complaint disappeared the second I had the little bugger in my hand. We purposely opted out of delivery, as we simply do not trust the mail.
Joeynkoo Ludden
7   Posted 24/05/2009 at 12:31:12

Michael, the way football is going at the moment it simply cant sustain itself economically, as it is totally dependent on broadcasting finance not match day finance. I’m not prediciting anything other than an Everton victory next Saturday, but if this global economic downturn continues as it does, then we are heading for the 1930’s great depression - it followed the ’roaring 20’s just as right now we are leaving behind the booming last decade where some dared to say the cycle of boom and bust had been destroyed. If this plays out, BSkyB and Setanta et al may go the way of ITV Digital. If that happens... where is the £1.8billion that the league received via tv rights coming from then?