Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Rodders report

What a great game Rodwell had at Fulham. He was spraying the ball around majestically like a seasoned veteran. This lad has class and confidence and, although he may not start the Cup Final, I believe he would do an excellent job if he did. I think we have a pearl in an oyster with this lad.
Tom Bowers, Canada     Posted 25/05/2009 at 08:26:30

Comments

Alan Bond
1   Posted 25/05/2009 at 18:04:26

I fully agree he is outstanding, he just does the simple things well and possesses great athleticism. I wouldn?t be suprised if he?s in Capello?s squad for the World Cup next summer.
Anthony Millington
2   Posted 25/05/2009 at 18:22:59

He looks so composed and comfortable on the ball and has got better as the season has gone on. I thought he looked really good when he came on against West Ham hitting a cracking long range pinpoint pass to the right in the build up to Saha’s 2nd goal.
Alan Clarke
3   Posted 25/05/2009 at 18:33:50

I hope you’re wrong Alan. I hope Rodwell stays under the radar for as long as possible. We don’t want the whole Rooney scenario again where he has his head turned by the Man U clique on international duty.
Peter Roberts
4   Posted 25/05/2009 at 21:17:40

I’m going to save Paul Niklas the trouble of signing in by saying I think Rodwell is crap and we should get rid ASAP before he gets found out.

Of course, what I meant to say was that agree with all four of you and think we have a real gem on our hands, who isn’t interested in the money or glamour of playing football, but simply playing for his boyhood team. A certain fat chav from Crocky working down the East Lancs could learn well, but then I don’t think his brain is that well-engaged.
Keith Glazzard
5   Posted 25/05/2009 at 21:14:15

Tom - Young Jack has brought many comments to these pages this season, and with increasing frequency over the last few weeks. I go along with the ’Rodwell is class and is ready’ faction.

At the moment, however, I can wish him no more than a cup-winners medal next Saturday, however it comes.

And I would agree with Alan C entirely, except that the club has progressed a long way from when Rooney was so easily taken from us, and that Jack would be there with most of the Everton back four to keep an eye on him.