Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Tuncay Þanlý

As a possible transfer target, Tuncay is a player who hasn't been linked to us yet, but I'm sure he would fit the bill well and add quality and depth to our squad.

I'm sure he would do a good job on the right wing for us and is adaptable enough to play in the hole and as a striker. He has an excellent attitude, runs his socks of and scores a few goals. Furthermore, he seems like a typical Moyes type player. Borough are already resigned to loosing him and he was probably their best player this season.

I'm not sure if he would be a definite started for our first 11 but if we could pick him up for less than £5 million I'm sure he would prove to be a good signing. Thoughts please?
David OConnor, Liverpool     Posted 26/05/2009 at 18:46:08

Comments

Tony Doran
1   Posted 26/05/2009 at 23:10:04

I think he?s quality and would fit into the first 11 as moyes would get even more out of him. As for the price you?ll be lucky to get him for less than £10m. If they took the Yak back that would do nice as I don?t think we could have done any better with Yakubu playing all season. In fact I?ll go even further and say we may not have got in the top 10. When he plays, all our style changes but Tuncay would work his socks off.
Dean Nesbitt
2   Posted 26/05/2009 at 23:36:49

I have just wiki-ed him and he scored 16 goals for Boro, ie 8 each season, which I think is quite good considering he plays in the worst team in the league.

Probably will do a lot better playing in a good team and will benefit from working with Moyes.

I would definately say that he suits our style of play, and wouldnt mind seeing him in an Everton shirt.
Ben Jones
3   Posted 27/05/2009 at 00:24:21

£10 million Tony? You reckon? I don?t think they can afford to sell him for that much, nobody will interested. Middlesbrough will be playing Championship football next season, so it means they?ll be desperate for money, meaning players like Downing, Tuncay etc will go. I think David is more accurate with the £5 million. And I?m agreeing with everyone else here, he?d be a great signing. He?s a class player and is versatile too. Sign him up Moyes!
Jason Broome
4   Posted 27/05/2009 at 04:08:35

I was just thinking about him and saw your post. He is a quality player who would take us forward. Can’t see it happening though!
Doug Walters
5   Posted 27/05/2009 at 04:59:52

Good call Some good players coming at bargin basement prices:

Adam Johnson - Quick young and bright.
Matthew Bates - young and free
Stewart downing - we all no his quality but wouldn’t take him til Jan.
Martins - Quick good finisher and could do with moyes as manager, would benefit from being with his national capitan being in the team with the world cup coming up.
Owen - free - could be good with world cup coming up.
Bently - 10m prob - Obvisley not wanted at spurs, would be good with moyes to keep his ego in check.

These are a few but I reakon they would be a good bet on JMT

p.s exscuse my spelling.
Gavin G
6   Posted 27/05/2009 at 06:56:01

Doug... Are you serious?

Owen = over the hill hasbeen
Bently = Prima donna
Downing = crocked
Doug Walters
7   Posted 27/05/2009 at 07:00:08

Gavin ,

That is why I said that with Bently Moyes has been able to tame ego’s such as the Yaks. Owen for free on pay as you play deal, you no he plays better whenm a world cup is around the corner and downing i said in Jan.
kieran fitzgerald
8   Posted 27/05/2009 at 08:16:06

That’s a very good point about the world cup coming up Doug. Some of these guys on the fringes of squads will be wanting to put in a seriously good season.
While they may not get a regular game in the sky four, I think Everton are becoming more and more of a viable option for very decent players. Moyes has shown a talent for inproving players’ reputation at the club and the fact that we are getting more recognition at international level is an extra draw for potential players.
Doug Walters
9   Posted 27/05/2009 at 08:31:00

I also forgot to mention Daniel Sturridge. For free young and quick he would be a good investment and moyes likes youngsters.
Iain Love
10   Posted 27/05/2009 at 08:54:04

Doug? Martins would be off for African Nations along with the Yak and Anichebe so no thanks, Sturridge is available because City won't pay him £65k a week. Tuncay, yes... at the right price, Adam Johnson maybe, Bassong definatley.

I read that Newcastle have players without a relegation clause, meaning we could pick up players and Newcastle could pay part of their wages, unfortunately (Bassong apart) who would we want? Guitierez is the only one who could be worth a punt.

Our right side and a striker is where we need players, Glen Johnson for the right, (possible England back 4 there) who can also play right midfield, As for a striker, Kurani from Schalke maybe amongst the 30 or 40 we will be linked with and not get. Hey ho... another summer of speculation.

Graham Eaves
11   Posted 27/05/2009 at 09:13:03

Doug, Sturridge has a stinking attitude. He?s just refused a £45k a week contract at City and is holding out for £75k, we?ve got no chance.
Craig Taylor
12   Posted 27/05/2009 at 10:09:29

He is shit!

Even with our financial limitations we can do better than that.
Marcus Dawson
13   Posted 27/05/2009 at 10:47:50

Tuncay would be a great signing, he?s been Boro?s stand-out player and his attitude is first class. I reckon he?ll be wanted by a few clubs and personally hope we?ll be one of them because I think we could get him. As for the likes of Owen, Bentley and Sturridge, no thanks.
John Stevens
14   Posted 27/05/2009 at 10:51:58

Tuncay is someone I would love to see in an Everton shirt, perhaps we can start a collection in order to get him? I will throw in a hundred to get the ball rolling :)
Mike Allison
15   Posted 27/05/2009 at 11:23:14

Agree about Tuncay, would be a great signing. I’d take Bentley, but only after a ’job interview’, if he didn’t seem to have the right attitude I wouldn’t bother.

I’m worried about depth on the left side, these things never happen but we should pick up Julio Arca to cover both positions, he’s also played central midfeld recently (although obviously not particularly effectively). Along with Manuel Fernandes (there’s a whole new thread) and a right sided player for the first XI, as well as players coming back from injury, that’d be me happy for the summer and anyone else would be a bonus.
Stan Mullin
16   Posted 27/05/2009 at 11:30:35

I would add James Morrison from WBA to the list.
Young, strong and will run all day.
Nick Entwistle
17   Posted 27/05/2009 at 11:48:18

Martins would be a good purchase... if Moyes can get him to hit the target. He cost Newcastle £10m so for £5-£7m would be ideal. Plus, he’s no crock!

Tuncay is a great shout too.
Carl Davies
18   Posted 27/05/2009 at 12:00:38

I think we?ll defo get Ledley, wouldn?t be suprised if we got Bentley at the right price and a good striker, possibly Tuncay but I?d rather see someone with a bit more quality who could play the lone role like Kenwyn Jones but he?s probably beyond our financial reach. I personally wouldn?t mind taking a punt on Frazier Cambel of United but unfortunately this ain't Football Manager...
Colin Smith
19   Posted 27/05/2009 at 13:21:39

Martins - "Quick good finisher". Quick yes, good finisher yet to be convinced, currently he scores a goal every 3 games or so. To my mind Martins is very similar to AJ & we offloaded him because he was not good enough. To be honest, I am not convinced any Newcastle player would add quality to the Everton squad. Tuncay might be a decent call at the right, more a maker than a taker of chances, but could blend well with Arteta.
Paddy Gillen
20   Posted 27/05/2009 at 14:53:29

Players I would like to see for the Blues next year:

Joe Ledley ? £3 mil plus Anichebe goes on loan the other way
Manuel Fernandes ? immense, please get him back, Moyesey

Jo ? I think will turn world class 20-goal-a-season man in a couple of years, and we need pace
Michael Owen ? worth a punt for free, would be great if he was on pay-as-you-play
Moutinho ? He mentioned coming to the Bblues to the media recently, he is class

Another centre back for cover, any thoughts?
Paddy Gillen
21   Posted 27/05/2009 at 15:01:07

Oh and what about Chris Brunt?
Dave Lynch
22   Posted 27/05/2009 at 15:14:36

Here we go already!The transfer circus.

The truth is this: Martins, Tuncay and anyone else for that matter will only fit the bill if they cost next to nothing, come on a free, come on a loan deal and take a massive cut in wages.

None of the above seem likely, so await players of lesser ability who fit the above. Please not Owen. He has lost it, has no desire for the game anymore and is the most injury-prone player in the Prem.

Paul Sherlock
23   Posted 27/05/2009 at 15:40:17

Martins would be a brilliant player for us, his pace alone can rip defences to shreds. I have a few mates who are Newcastle fans and they hold him in very high regard!

Not only that but what player from their own half collects a throw-in, chests it down and with his back to goal (not forgetting he?s in his own half) volleys it and hits the crossbar?! This when I think they were 3-0 down against Liverpool! Just shows how much vision this guy has!!! Exactly what we need!!! Also a possible left winger?

Brett Bradshaw
24   Posted 27/05/2009 at 15:42:02

Everton 2 - Man City 1

Thats signings, and everyone else is on all of zero. It seams as though our Moyes is trying to shrug off his ’dithering dave’ tag.

Peterlin and Shkodran Mustafi - WHO? I hear you cry. Peterlin 20s MF, Mustafi young teenage DF.

Would be nice if we got someone whose heard of but if they turn out to be anything like some of our unheard of buys then more the merrier!
Stuart Reid
25   Posted 27/05/2009 at 18:00:52

Tuncay defo, can create something out of nothing, which we don’t have enough of in the squad. Tom Huddlestone is the player we need, strong, powerful, tall and a terrific passer. I could see him sitting in central midfield pulling the strings and picking out the runs of others. Any opinions?
Alan Clarke
26   Posted 27/05/2009 at 18:19:54

Mbia? that mercenary can fuck right off.

Steve, same as last year, believe it when he’s wearing the shirt.
Jason Broome
27   Posted 27/05/2009 at 18:26:35

Steve... Mountinho??? Isn’t he the lightening quick Portuguese centre-back with the moustache. Guy’s most of those players are good but not great. I want Moyes to sign someone whose ability takes my breath away. We need to sign a pacy and imaginative Aaron Lennon or Ashley Young type winger who introduces a new level of threat to our game. As for Moutinho? Who would you drop in midfield? He has a similar build, style and ability to one of our own... Would he have a bigger impact than Pienaar? I think not. He comes with a big reputation and good character but is that worth £20 million? We should start looking at some of Arsenal’s youngsters, try for Queresma, Arda Turan or maybe Jose Baxter on the wing in pre-season.