Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Ticker Tape Final

Just a request to all the Blues lucky enough to be going to the final to make it a specacle to remember by throwing ticker tape (a la Argentina '78) into the air when the lads come out for the game.

All that's needed is a few sheets of blue and white paper in your pocket to shred and throw up! The more who catch wind of this, the better... Let's make it a final that will be remembered for years to come. COYB
Gary Penhalighan , Amsterdam     Posted 27/05/2009 at 19:09:05

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Fantastic memory, Gary. That ticker-tape in Argentina was something else, wasn't it. The towering stands, the incredible atmosphere...
Paul Gladwell
1   Posted 28/05/2009 at 07:43:50

The club should advertise this on the OFW as we need something different to the standard flags that will be on offer at Wembley, the old days of different home made banners that the TV used to spend 5 minutes viewing on the build up has long gone and both ends are going to look very similar, this ticker tape idea would certainly be 1-0 to us before a ball is kicked.
Mike Oates
2   Posted 28/05/2009 at 08:53:12

Being a misery gob , I hate paper, balloons etc all over the pitch. Forget this idea please. The Wembley pitch if as good as they say it is now, should be left in pristine condition , not with 1000’s of torn up bog rolls.

COYB
Joeynkoo Ludden
3   Posted 28/05/2009 at 09:15:06

If Im the only one doing this I’ll look a right knobhead.. who goes first???
Simon Dunne
4   Posted 28/05/2009 at 09:16:15

I have some old exam papers I know longer need I could donate. There covered in blue ink.
John Hughes
5   Posted 28/05/2009 at 09:42:14

Didn’t the street end used to do this as Z cars started playing. I’m thinking mid to late 80’s.
Tim Wardrop
6   Posted 28/05/2009 at 10:11:52

John - some people in the Lower Gwladys still do.........although thinking about it they could just be ripped up losing betting slips!
Dave Roberts
7   Posted 28/05/2009 at 12:53:34

The Club sent me a concertina ’clapper’ in the post last week! I was going to leave it at home but I could tear that up! It works great though, it scares the shit out of the cat once I deduced how it worked. It doesn’t do the missus an awful lot of good either!!
Tony Carey
8   Posted 28/05/2009 at 12:58:37

This is the ideal opportunity to show our colours, an FA Cup Final at the new Wembely. Balloons, ticket tape, banners, flags, even the the bog roll that used to get thrown from the Street End in the 80s, should be taken on Saturday. Everton fans are too self-conscious at times ? we need to let go with this one!
Dave Griffin
9   Posted 28/05/2009 at 16:31:21

Best ever ticker tape welcome was before the ?Andy King Derby? in 1978 - shortly after the Argentina World Cup. When the teams came out the whole of the Gwladys Street End was a seething mass of blue and white ticker tape - one of the most stunning scenes I have ever witnessed at Goodison Park. Bring it on at Wembley!!
Rich Jones
10   Posted 29/05/2009 at 06:38:02

Lets make it happen COYB!!
Jip Foster
11   Posted 29/05/2009 at 11:50:14

You?ll be getting a ?clap-banner? thingy. Blue on one side with ?tell me ma! written on it, and yellow on the otherside with a picture of peanuts, tim, rodwell and other celebrating. It?s almost 1m long but it folds to make a fan shape which wou bang against your hand to make a loud clapping noise.
I?ve got a couple at my desk at work as one of the guys I work with his friends dad (yeah I know..) has printed them all. It looks all offical with sponsor logos from Radio City and the Army on them.
Click here to see a photo
Alan Rodgers
12   Posted 26/05/2009 at 15:10:06

Assuming we win the cup there will be a parade from Allerton Maze roundabout via Walton and Goodison to the city centre. I just wondered, if the dreaded Kirkby move happens, what will be the route of future victory parades? Ten laps of the Tesco car park? LCC have invited the club to have a parade but if we leave the city in the future ,it will be up to Knowsley council to do the honours.