EDITORS BLOG

Reading (H): Goodbye Wembley Stadium...

Well, that was simply shocking. I put a summary in the Match Report file, for what it's worth, but I think I'll leave the scorn-pouring to others this time...

Utterly Hopeless.

ps: [Editorial Note] The avalanche of comments may get rearranged a little as I work through them, with the inevitable Moyes Out headliners moving to the "Time to Go" thread.
Michael  Kenrick     Posted 01/03/2011 at

back Return to the Editors Blog

Reader Comments

Dave Usher
1   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:28:48

Fucking fuck off everton
John Audsley
2   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:27:30

Worst performance all season for me, no conviction and no ideas

What do these blokes get coached during the week?

We could have played all night and we wouldn't have scored

Sure Moyes will have "No excuses" on the EFC page later.

Jesus wept.
Kevin Hudson
3   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:26:56

Timid performance from a winnable game. Abject stuff, seemingly clueless at times.

People wonder why Evertonians are natural pessimists ? the dichotomy of potential for achievement ruined by predictable incompetence was evidence as to why...
Tommy Coleman
4   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:29:56

What ANOTHER total disgrace.

Lets hear any morons say "not to worry, we're in the top 10".
Phil Rodgers
5   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:26:15

Absolutely disgraceful. If there was a switch to turn off my love for Everton I would press it now. I am completely sick of pathetic performances such as this. As the ESPN commentator said our season is effectively over. It could get worse because Moyes is tactically naive. How many poor performances is he gonna be allowed to get away with? Fucking rock bottom for Moyes tonight.
Garry Martin
6   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:30:57

Absolutely clueless up front, wouldn't have scored playing another 2 hours... disgrace.
Guy Hastings
7   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:27:27

An absolute disgrace. No-one, apart from Baines, seemed to give a fuck. After all that was said about Anichebe, and he still gets a run-out. He didn't win a worthwhile header all game and as for a so-called big lad, I've seen tougher souffle in my time.

There was no heart, no guile, no guts. You knew Reading would give us a game and give them their due they did. We didn't. As for Rodwell ? the comparisions between him and Wilshere are simply laughable. If Kenwright thinks he's going to be answer to out financial troubles come the summer, well he can knock £10 mill off his value after tonight's display.

And for all those slagging Bily, he wasn't great but at least he hit an occasional decent ball. And just don't get me started on Osman. And just don't get me started on sentences beginning with 'And'...

8   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:31:16

Well, no shocks there then! Why oh why does he bring on possibly the worst player in the squad, Anichebe? For all those fans who thought we had turned a corner after Chelsea/Sunderland games, well we've turned that any corners were back where we started and going down fast.

We are a shambles on and off the pitch, the Manager & Chairman need to go, how bad does it need to get for the majority to realise this and do something about it?
Karl Masters
9   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:33:00

There is something wrong with the mentality of a team that plays well against the better teams and does so badly against the likes of Brentford and Reading.

Players and Manager should be ashamed to have been outfougt and out thought again.

Russell Green
10   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:30:03

A glimmer of hope from the Chelsea and Sunderland games and then brought crashing back to do earth with a mighty bang; season over. I for one have had enough of this shite this season. Time for change is now, but will it happen? I think we all know the answer to that question. Fucking unbelievable.
Joey Brown
11   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:36:51

Chairman, Manager, Players... should all be sacked... Just start the fuck over!!
James Stewart
12   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:37:49

Shambles from beginning to end.
Phil Rodgers
13   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:34:45

It is the end of an era tonight for me. The club is rotten to the core. Nobody can deny we are a club in serious decline.
Dean Adams
14   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:38:23

The only decent thing about this club, is the support and the contributors to ToffeeWeb.

The players were shit and so were the tactics.

Chris Jones
15   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:37:28

That summed up our very inconsistent season. Nights like tonight make you wonder if it's worth all the pain. Got a very heavy heart but fair play and good luck to Reading, they deserved it. Their gaffer was very complimentary about us as a club ? fancy a job?
Craig Taylor
16   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:37:17

Not a result BK can hide behind. He will be crying again tonight. That was shit. Was Coleman injured? Victor was shit again. Osman poor. And I am not one of the regular Osman slaters! Distin was all over the place.

And since Moyes said Artera was off set-piece duty, he seems to have started taking more. Though to be fair, I think Arteta worked very hard in the middle tonight. BOARD OUT ? nowhere to hide now!!!

Michael Parkes
17   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:35:48

Fuck football, fuck Sky, fuck ESPN, fuck Moyes, fuck Kenwright, fuck the players, fuck the Premier League, fuck the FA Cup, fuck the League Cup, fuck the World Cup, fuck the Euros, but most of all ? FUCK EVERTON.....

I can't take this shit no more.... no more football for me and definitely no more money until we start showing some direction and ambition. Sorry for the language but it's how I feel right now.

Robert Elliott
18   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:36:36

This season is like a nightmare I just can't wake up from.

Sometimes Everton really, really piss me off. I don't know what the answer is, but something has gone very, very wrong in the last 12 months. This side is unrecognisable from the one that finished last year so well and deservedly beat the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City last season.

Anyone saying our season is over, I wouldn't speak too soon. On tonight's performance we could well be fighting a relegation battle before long. Love to be wrong, but after tonight, does anyone have any real confidence that we won't?
19   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:39:11

Oh well... can't wait for the Offical Site tomorrow: "We will bounce back for the Newcastle game..." ? they should fuck off and take the useless cunts Kenwright & Moyes, Osman, Anichebe.

Like most fans, I am at the brink of packing this club in; no heart, no soul and no leadership. Just a floating turd waiting to be flushed!
Ian McDowell
20   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:43:12

Nothing will change because:

1. Moyes has no money to make a radical overhaul of the playing squad.

2. Kenwright has no money or no idea how to move the club forward, so we won't be able to sack Moyes or hire a replacement.
Dave Lynch
21   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:40:20

This surely has to be the end for Kenwright. This performance stank of lack of investment in the team.

Don't anyone, including that useless bastard Moyes, use injuries as an excuse either. Moyes will walk but not until the end of the season, he has to keep us in the Prem, as that's the least he owes us after 10 years of shite!

I await the apologists' excuses....

Guy Hastings
22   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:39:02

In the end, the players have to be called into question. But I suspect it'll all be Beckford's fault for getting stuck in a traffic jam. If Anichebe isn't gone by the start of next season, I suspect more than a few season tickets will be.
Dermot O'Brien
23   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:34:28

If I don't vent my anger somewhere I'm going to explode. What a load of shite. Arteta should never touch a corner or free kick again, Anichebe should be let go. Moyes should be let go, most of the team should be let go. They are rubbish.

I might contact the club to get a trial as a striker, should be a shoe-in by the looks of things tonight. Well done Reading, thanks for giving the boys a lesson in football.

Karl Masters
24   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:43:45

#24 'Just a floating turd waiting to be flushed! '

Black humour of the highest order Mr Heske. Made me smile on this crap night.
Brian Waring
25   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:43:40

I can't believe some of you lads. Moyes has done a great job without any money. Also, Reading are a good side, and also have more money than us, so it was always going to hard for us to progress.
Dick Fearon
26   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:32:15

John (#2), Until an ex-attacker joins our coaching panel, we will continue to see the same turgid unimaginative garbage.

Moyes and his entire coaching panel of ex-defenders do not have a clue about the attacking third. With that bunch of Moyes clones to offer advice, the likes of Anichebe and Coleman are as good as they will ever be.

John Audsley
27   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:40:55

The most miserable thing to me is that we are stuck with this shite.

BK won't leave, he will never sack DM even if we go down and we will probably have big sales in the summer.

After all the crap on the Official site, like Mikey is back etc, tonight just proves under this rotten, clueless and skint regime we will never accomplish anything

And the funny thing is I bet BK believes all this is a blip.

Congrats to Reading but effort-wise, that's the worst I've seen for years, and I've seen bad.
James Watson
28   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:42:08

That was potentially the worst performance I have ever had the misfortune to watch. Reading were the better team and we got everything we deserved.

We start 4-5-1 (to my bemusement) and at half time take off a player in Coleman who has the potential to create opportunities and bring on Anichebe.

It seems as soon as we play against a team who can actually defend well, we can't even create chances never mind score a goal.

But as long as Osman, Neville, or another shit player comes out tomorrow and tells us we can still survive in the Premier League that should make it all ok.

A truly sorry state of affairs that needs rectifying soon.
29   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:45:07

Lack of money is no excuse tonight, we weren't playing Man Utd or Chelsea ? it was READING, there cannot be any excuses for that shower of shite.

What do in training all week? Surely you cannot practice being shite all week and be that good at doing it!
Brian Waring
30   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:47:16

By the way, I was only joking (#25). I was just getting it in before any of the apologists come on.
Tommy Coleman
31   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:46:33

Brian Waring ? is that a wind up or are you on glue?
John Audsley
32   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:47:06

Agree 100% Dick

I have it on good advice all Round does is place and collect the cones, oh and say "Yes boss" like Phil Neal did under Graham Taylor.
Jimmy Hacking
33   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:45:28

Coll #24 I understand your annoyance with the official site, but what do you expect from a corporate website beyond ludicrous cheerfulness? You wouldn't expect to log onto the official McDonald's website and find it saying "All our burgers are shite"!

Dave #26 I also blame Kenwright for this. This joke has run it's course; even Chris Waddle has figured out how badly run we are. If Spurs are missing a couple of good players, they bring in quality replacement. if we are missing a couple of good players, we crumble.

Guy #27 Anichebe won't be gone by the start of next season cos we are the only mugs stupid enough to give him a lucrative long-term contract.

What angers me the most about tonight's "performance" was that I was really, really sure we would play well and win by two or three goals. Now I feel STUPID for having any faith. Fucking Everton...
Brian Waring
34   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:52:23

Tommy, if you knew me well enough, you would realise it was a wind-up.
Jon Cox
35   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:50:33

Everything about the management and board are wanted as much as a fart in a space suit. That game was misery personified.

I'm ashamed to be a Blue tonight.
Garry Martin
36   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:48:35

Over paid, Ferrari smashing crap... enough said. EFC won't be getting anymore of my dosh.
James Martin
37   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:47:49

Did anyone even win a header throughout the match? We predictably resorted to our usual completely misplaced long-ball game but didn't challenge for any of them. Howard has perfected the knack of landing the ball right in the area on the edge of the box in fornt of everyone so that one clearing defensive header can send the other team on the break. Watching them in the last 5 minutes even trying the basic task of hoofing a ball into the box was painful.

Part of the problem is 'player of the season' Baines. Because he thinks he's Danny Alves the whole left side is defensively naked. Bilyaletdinov stank and Distin, who was having a shocking night anyway, had about three people's work to do on that left side.

Coleman has had any attacking urge to get to the byline beaten out of him by Moyes and Anichebe can't do anything close to resembling anything that even might slightly look like something seen on a football field.

38   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:52:52

Jimmy, what I expect is the club not to take us for dickheads and churn the usual shite out. They should shut the fuck up and concentrate on playing football.

This week, Moyes comes out and says Osman & HIbbert have a job for life. Well if you can be that shite at your job and still be offered a job for life, I'm off to apply for the Captain of the Titanic.
Joey Brown
39   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:55:06

I can't even imagine what it's like having to defend this shit to friends and family in Liverpool, Thank fuck I live in the States where no-one ever knows who Everton is.
Alan Clarke
40   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:48:38

Please see Dave Wilson's thread ? "Negative .. Moyes?". It shows why we're in such a mess when you still have clowns like him who think Moyes can do no wrong.

George Best once said how knowledgable the Everton fans were. As a whole, we aren't. There are still far too many fans who will accept the excuses and still trust everything Moyes says and does. There are still too many fans that let a few better performances paper over all of Kenwright's mistakes. This whole club is a fucking shambles.

Daniel Johnson
41   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:55:34

That's it ? I've had enough, one of the most inept, lazy, couldn't give a shit performances I have ever seen.

Shit from start to finish.

The players just don't give a shite. A bunch of shithouses who couldn't give a damn.

We're rotten to the core, sell the fucking lot and rebuild in the summer.
Darren Gough
42   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:50:22

Hugely disappointing but for me it showed how important The big Afro midfielder is for us. He's not the loudest, but the team revolves around him.

Sure, Moyes gets the blame, but I still think he's a good manager (I know many don't) but without proper investment in the club, his job is next to impossible. Arteta, for me, is as big a let down this season as anyone but surely that's down to the player?

Any club needs change and the money for good new players to progress. Moyes has neither without having to sell.

The biggest let down tonight was player attitude though. Remember Gravesen yelling at the crowd? Remember Duncan Ferguson's full blooded commitment? Where was that tonight? For me, Baines was about the only player who looked properly committed.
Kieran Kinsella
43   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:54:07

The thing is obviously Moyes needs some stick because he got outcoached but BK is to blame when:
  • We have a mediocre RB signed for peanuts from the Irish league as our right winger.
  • We have a guy who was playing pub football a few years ago and was free as one striker.
  • A crock who can only play 1 in every 3 games and was free as out other striker.
We have a squad of free mediocre youth team graduates like Hibbert, Baxter, Osman, Anichebe, etc ... It comes down to investment.
Colin O'Keeffe
44   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:51:07

Hmmm, and I thought the car crash involving Everton was yesterday!? As Fergie famously said, "Football, bloody hell!"

ps: 3 points at Newcastle and we'll all be on here saying Europa League is still on!!!
Colin Ryan
45   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:56:30

Joey Brown... I think i'll move to the states after reading your post.

That was worse than Bolton in my eyes. Shocking effort by everyone. It's times like this you've got to ask why do we bother? And there is no end to the agony in sight.
Tony Hughes
46   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:56:58

Alan Clarke, spot on mate! ...these Dave Wilson and Moyes loving imbeciles like him really piss me off!!!!!!!!
Guy Hastings
47   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:53:59

Kenwright makes his money out of disintering theatrical hits ? maybe he was watching the premiere of Gordon Lee: The Golden Years or Billy Bingham on Back the Good Times. Anything's got to be better than tonight.
Jamie Barlow
48   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:51:35

I don't want to watch anymore of this shit. It's depressing me to fuck. I can't wait till the season finishes so I can forget about everything connected to this piss poor excuse for a football club. Roll on Saturday!! COYB
Conor Feeney
49   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:55:43

Knew it was looking bad when Beckford arrived late...

And then when Anichebe came on for Coleman. How can he go up for so many headers and not win even one??? Surely the ball would've hit him on the head at least once!

Chris Jones
50   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:48:42

Even taking a big step back, it makes me feel hollow...

First 20 mins we dominated, passed it about nicely... but if anything we were guilty of over-playing. Poor defending for their goal exposed a real lack of desire.

Next 70 mins... controlled passing game goes out of the window, Reading break with confidence. One livewire striker comes on, one lump (the worst you've ever witnessed in blue?) joins him. Everton lump it, Reading stand firm and get the breaks they deserve.

Lack of investment, lack of attacking guile, lack of ability to make the leap from nearly men.

Goodison stands silent, the end of an era?
Yusuf Bobat
51   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:56:49

Things need to change from top to bottom, 4 shots on target at home to lower league opposition is just shocking. Their keeper was only making his 4th start and he won't have an easier game. All very nice passing fancy stuff but, as usual, totally inept in the final third; no guile, no craft and no ideas!!!
Ian McDowell
52   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:01:40

The first post cracks me up 'Fucking fuck off everton' how many times have we said that this season?
Daniel Johnson
53   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:03:19

What shocked most tonight was the couldn't-give-a-shite attitude.
Daniel Johnson
54   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:04:04

If Everton was a pet it would be put down.
Guy Hastings
55   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:01:02

Why is it on nights like these you get a perfect stream?
Conor Waters
56   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:57:47

What an absolute crock of shit this season has been, particularly considering the finish to last season. How many times have our hopes been dashed in the last 6 months?
  • Great comeback against Utd, followed by home defeat to Newcastle.
  • Commanding derby victory over the Shite and a great October, followed by no wins in next 7 matches.
  • Great point nicked at the bridge ? scoreless garbage at home to Wigan.
  • Massive win at City ? pants against the Hammers and Stoke.
  • Blackpool, followed by Bolton....
  • Chelsea cup win followed by... well you get the fucking drift.
An absolute shambolic team, with an even more depressing future. And that's just on the pitch... don't get me started on the rest.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum my Latin arse.
Chris Smith
57   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:02:45

We are concentrating on the league.
Joey Brown
58   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:06:31

Hahahaha... Daniel Johnson, well said!
Jack Hastings
59   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:47:02

I went and saw Reading at Selhurst Park on Saturday (not a scouting mission but a homage to my Croydon roots) and if I could pinpoint the main areas of Reading's game, then why couldn't the professionals who claim to be Everton's coaching staff?

The lack of foresight in the team's attacking and defending tonight was laughable. Can anyone explain why Leon Osman was at the heart of our defence's efforts to clear the ball from the corner they scored from?

Osman's not to blame for the goal (he saw a ball and tried to clear but unfortunately he has the calf muscles of my Gran). However, Jagielka, Distin or Rodwell should have simply stamped their authority and taken control. In the midst of such a dispiriting performance, it's possible to forget what a shite goal we lost to.

As for Jack Rodwell. Well, the mystery continues. What exactly does he do? On tonight's form ? fuck all. In fairness, Arteta, the more senior midfielder should have helped him a little more but this is a guy who is often compared with Jack Wilshere.

To say that Jack Wilshere is a better player than Rodwell is cheap and easy. To say that both Jay Tabb (a former Palace trainee who learnt his trade at Brentford) and Mikele Leigertwood (a converted centre back who has found his way to Reading through a number of second-tier clubs) looked a class above Rodwell tonight is the more valid point.

My final attack (before I throw my laptop against the wall) is saved for the worst player I've seen awarded a four-year contract. Victor Anichebe.

There are donkeys who would sue if I was to tag him with such a label. For a guy the size he is, it defies science, as well as belief for him to spend so much time on the floor.

There is no doubting the physical threat he COULD pose but his technique is so poor, he will never actually pose a true threat. Heading, passing, shooting, jumping ? he's shit at all of them.

Realistically, the season's a lame duck.

Moyes needs to seriously look at the squad and realise that only Baines, Fellaini, Beckford and perhaps Jagielka are currently worth their place in the team come the second Saturday in August.
Thomas McGrath
60   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:05:47

What the fuck was Beckford doing in a traffic jam??? He should have been well there...
Ernie Baywood
61   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:58:18

Christ that was pathetic. About the worst thing I can say about it was that no-one actually played horrifically ? they just all played a weak, cowardly game where they avoided anything resembling ambition.

Subbing Bily summed up the message from our management... keep the ball, as if you lose it trying something, you'll be hauled off. For me, he was the only one remotely trying to unlock Reading but Moyes didn't like that and off he came. I don't think he's a great player by any stretch but he's what we've got.

Anichebe. Well that's his last game surely now.

Rodwell. Serious question marks about him now. 1-0 down in the cup against a team on the edge of their box and Rodwell is sitting in our half. Incredible watching how little he understood about playing in midfield. Every pass was 'safe', ie, 'pointless'.

Beckford. Well things did kind of happen around him. Which just goes to show that even an average player could change things if he was prepared to have a go.

The two Moyes took off were the last two midfielders to score a goal for us. We were left with players who don't score goals.

But generally, no substitution was going to save us, there. There is still a rotten core to this team. Yes, we'll stay in touch with every team we play so we'll get some big results against good sides but, at the same time, every team we will play has a chance as we'll never actually put anyone away.

Just really poor cowardly stuff tonight that makes you wonder why you bother.

Ian Price
62   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:55:42

I've been a lifelong Everton fan and seen some real lows but tonight has hit home just how low the club has got. Time to go, Mr Moyes, you simply have nothing left in the tank to turn the club around, you lack ideas, your team selection is crap, you cannot motivate them.

For fuck's sake, our season was hanging on this game and you turn out a team that simply does not give a fuck about the sacred shirt they wear.

63   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:07:34

How much oil would a gumboil boil if a gumboil could boil oil?

Answers to Davey & William.
Dave Wilson
64   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:01:15

Alan Clarke

You're lying lad, I never said Moyes could do no wrong, you just made that up. I said he wasn't negative as people claimed, and plays with less defenders than any other manager, try really hard to understand the difference between a negative line-up and a shite performance.

Very brave of you to start throwing insults around.

Still think Kirkby was a good idea btw?
Kieran Kinsella
65   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:11:41

One thing though is that, for all the haters, no one can blame Hibbert.
Daniel Johnson
66   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:11:22

A defeat and a poor performance draws fans in hordes: "Fuck off" they cry in unison. What a half-brained and frankly idiotic reaction. Such reactionary crap...

Well played, Reading... and Everton ? back to the drawing board.
Jon Cox
67   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:08:27

Fellaini OUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.
68   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:13:51

Kieran, you're having a laugh mate, Hibbo was meant to be picking Beckford up except he was practising heading with Ossie and Victor.

Does anyone no how much oil would a gumboil boil if a gumboil could boil oil?
Brian Waring
69   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:16:17

Jon, my little lad said he just heard that on Radio 5 live, that Fellaini is out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury.
Mike Green
70   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:15:57

Well just call me half-brained and idiotic, Daniel!
Paddy Francis
71   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:16:50

And by the way, whoever said "We'd beat Barcelona under the Goodison lights at night" ? you know who you are ? what a prick.
Ian McDowell
72   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:17:11

Well if thats right about Fellaini I suppose he has played his final game for us.
Jon Cox
73   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:19:18

Brian, that was were I heard it as well.
Mike Oates
74   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:17:55

Moyes to Fellaini in tunnel after the game ? "Why the hell did you get injured?"

Fellaini ? "Gaffer, my agent will be calling around tomorrow with my transfer request. I want to win things and this is the last place I want to be!!"
James Newcombe
75   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:10:51

Beating Chelsea was a fucking waste of time if we can't rise up against Reading. At Goodison! Typical Everton, just seem to turn a corner then they put in a performance like that. Next time we get drawn against lower league opposition, I'm going to at least get a good price off the bookmaker to cheer me up!
Mike Green
76   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:20:37

If that's right we are proper in the shit.

FFS!!!!!
77   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:21:59

How much oil would a gumboil boil if a gumboil could boil oil?
Chris Jones
78   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:13:22

BTW ? there are a few Chris Joneses on here. I'm the Liverpool one! Author of 20 and 55. Not that anyone gives a shite on a night like tonight!
Jon Cox
79   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:20:26

Fellaini has to have ankle surgery and will not play again this season.

Oh well... it may mean he could be with us next season. Every cloud......
Ernie Baywood
80   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:20:54

It's on the breaking news banner on Sky Sports now:

So we're fucked, then...

Brian Waring
81   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:23:14

How come everyone else has it as news about Fellaini, apart from the OS, unless it's on there?
82   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:25:35

Brian 88, it's cause they don't know How much oil would a gumboil boil if a gumboil could boil oil ? that's why.
Gerry Quinn
83   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:15:50

This has to be the lowest point of my supporting Everton in all those years. Only relegation could beat it ? and on that note, I will not comment! I have had to suffer defeats to sides that were better than us on more occasions than can count, but NOTHING, repeat NOTHING makes me so angry and frustrated and helpless than hearing/watching us rolling over ending up with THAT kind of abject performance, along with continuing to blow "sort of hot" and cold this season.

The players need a massive KICKING up the arse for so many abject and pride-lacking performances ? if I was Neville, I would have been on their backs from minute one, Tell me, does HE ever shout at them on the pitch?

I am totally lost for words and want to end it all. Anyone got the number for the Good Samaritans in the US?
Jon Cox
84   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:26:05

Brian, because the OS is officially Shite.
Brian Waring
85   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:26:29

Just checked Col, it's on there.
Jon Cox
86   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:27:19

Gerry, I just "cushioned" the saddness with a bottle of red.
Charles King
87   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:03:37

If nothing else, here was an opportunity for Moyes and Co to cover their arses ? have a cup run, perhaps even win the thing and disguise the previous dross.

The lack of ability to grasp this is beyond inept, they deserve to be ridiculed, any previous goodwill has now completely gone.

Colin Ryan
88   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:29:28

Cahill out for 3 weeks too.
Richard Dodd
89   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:11:34

Very disappointing but too many so-called supporters will see this result as an excuse to re-start the Moyes/Kenwright out bandwagon. The reality is that we need just three or four wins from the many remaining fixtures to put this admitedly poor season to bed whilst securing our Premier League status. I`m still backing Everton for a top half finish ? any takers?
90   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:30:48

Jon Cox, same here mate, except the wife didn't find it funny when I cushioned it off her head and shouted head it Victor ya big fucking lump!
David O'Keefe
91   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:28:00

I found out via twitter, Brian.
Tom Bowers
92   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:28:44

It's all been said before in previous weeks well before Christmas but Moyes isn't listening. He has to be the most stubborn manager in football. He cannot motivate this lot and now he has brought shame again to Goodison. Yes, the players are ultimately to blame... but they are his players, his team selections and his tactics.

Come on, Kenwright ? show some guts.

Martin Paice
93   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:26:14

Fellaini news now on OS.

Cahill also out for 2-3 weeks.

Optimism prior to the match now returning to desperation.
Eugene Ruane
94   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:17:57

Daniel Johnson ? you can try to hide your identity with false names but you're fooling nobody.

It is obvious reading your post (#66) you are Mr Cholmondley Warner

Chris Jones
95   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:32:35

Doddy - fuck off back to your Diddymen!
David O'Keefe
96   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:32:12

Doddy drop the Lord Haw-Haw act for tonight at least. Please?
97   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:32:03

Richard, seriously mate, I enjoy your wind ups, but surely the medication must wear off sometimes, Premier League status!!! "This is the best squad I've had" ? Davey's words!

Fans like you are part of the reason we are content with this shite!
Jon Cox
98   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:32:48

Coll H, I hear mediation is all the rage. Go on give it a go, you know it makes sense.
99   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:36:24

Jon Cox, I think I must be on suppositories as watching that tonight made me feel like I was taking it up the arse!
Chris Jones
100   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:36:52

The question on everyone's lips is will Moyes now release his 'secret weapon'? So secret he's fuckin disappeared!
Ian Edwards
101   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:23:29

We start with one up front against a Championship team and then in the second half go three up front and take our wide players off and left ourselves with no width and light in midfield.

A relegation threatened Championship team scored three against Reading on Saturday and also missed a penalty. We could only muster a couple of shots on target.

We were never ever ever this bad under Walter Smith. A cup defeat at Middlesbrough was nowhere near as bad as Moyes's record.

Moyes managership is reaching its endgame and smelling very badly.
Jon Cox
102   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:37:25

Coll, I know what you mean. I've been on you tube to watch the goal by Jeff Astle in 1968 in extra time to win the cup for West Brom just to make me feel better. It's either that or a vallium sandwich.
Paul Rimmer
103   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:32:33

Pretty football but lacking any cutting edge at all. Dire. We didn't threaten at all. Crab like centre mids....
I'm better than Anichebe and I'm a 38-year-old former centre-half. Surely someone at Everton can see that you could pluck any centre-forward from a lower league club who could offer more.

Neville and Coleman doesn't work and Ossie is just a trier.

Brian Waring
104   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:38:08

Doddy, I can just see it now as you get into bed, laying your head on your Davey Moyes pillow case, and pulling over you, your Bill Kenwright duvet, whilst dribbling from the mouth, and making funny noises.
105   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:39:00

Breaking News ? a Multi Billionaire is wanting to invest in Everton, He is being met at Manchester Airport by BK, he's on the 07:15 flight from Libya, think his name is Col Gaddaffi, hopefully Colin Gaddaffi doesn't tell lies.
Tommy Coleman
106   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:39:03

I know this is frowned upon bit can't we ban Richard "so-called fan" Dodd?

He is clearly a wind-up Liverpool supporter.
Eugene Ruane
107   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:41:11

Then 'pull the stomach out of yourself' while looking at a pic of Wyness.
Dave Wilson
108   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:41:05

Mike Green

You were spot on on Saturday,

We have lost and already the posts have zoomed past the 100 mark. I don't think you`ll need to stay up all night tonight to keep the thread alive
Dean Adams
109   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:26:27

Coll Heske

About 40 pints, or is that points.

Something we can only dream of this season.
Richard Dodd
110   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:41:30

One bad season in nine and it's the end of the world. At least let's see what the last eleven matches bring before booking the hangman, shall we?
David O'Keefe
111   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:44:55

Col (#112):

I don't think the Col would be interested in EFC... no protesters to machine-gun.
Kieran Kinsella
112   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:33:57

Richard Dodd

Do not call other people "so-called" Everton supporters because you are no fan yourself. What kind of fan's only contributions to forums discussing the club and laughable attempts at defending the owner? You are not an Everton fan pal. You are a sycophant with some kind of bizarre obsessions with Bill Kenwright.

You never ever ever seem the slightest bit bothered when the team loses but if anyone points out BK's shortcomings then you are up in arms. Who cares how the rest of the season goes? What does it matter if we finish 9th or 13th?

Ohhhh, hold on a minute ? I guess it does matter because if we get an extra million for a spot in the table then your lover boy will not have to fork out for a cheap $500k League 2 striker to solve out goalscoring issues.

Kunal Desai
113   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:39:27

Bye Bye Fellaini it is. Who can blame him?
Ernie Baywood
114   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:42:04

We're still top half. I almost couldn't give a fuck, though.

We could still get a decent league position, though I doubt it with Felli out now.

But I kind of feel like I don't care. When we have a real chance we bottle it. Started the season with a half-decent squad but Moyes's negativity just ruined us. Great chance of a cup run and suddenly we're playing 4-5-1 again. Make the Champions' League and refuse to strengthen.

What's the point?
John Daley
115   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:37:19

I thought the news that Fellaini is out for the rest of the season had prompted the loudest shout of "for fuck's sake" from me tonight. Then I read Richard Dodd's post.
Mike Dodd
116   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:39:26

I'm no Moyes fan but surely the players have to take some responsibility, I can't remember a more spineless performance in all my time, how may times did we see Anichibe or Beckford rolling about in agony when someone barely touched them.
Clive Lewis
117   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:43:10

Well I think we have witnessed enough awfullness and all the analysis that you come up with won't change anything, it is clearly time to force the change. The booing clearly echoed that tonight.
Jim Jones
118   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:39:07

This might be the time we stick together and see the season out, still in the Prem. Time for recrimination and cleansing is not now.
Malcolm Dorr
119   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:40:39

The only thing I'm surprised about tonight after that performance is that Reading only won 1-0!!!
Richard Dodd
120   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:49:20

Thank you, Jim. At least there`s two of us left!
Dick Anderson
121   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:50:25

I'm not sure the 4-5-1 formation was negative. Rather I think it was forced on Moyes.

Beckford was named in the starting line-up. But he was delayed and got to Goodison late.

So Moyes had a choice play Saha up front alone. Or play 2 strikers and start Anichebe alongside Saha.

Anichebe was the only option if Moyes wanted 2 strikers. And starting Anichebe is never a good thing.

I don't think it was a negative line-up. I just think the players were fucking shite.
Ernie Baywood
122   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:47:19

"Bye Bye Fellaini it is. Who can blame him?"

Not me. And I don't blame Pienaar ? why should he put up with players and management like this when he's always put the effort in? He must have felt like he was the only one pulling his weight.

Weak, cowardly pricks the lot of them tonight. Absolutely not worthy of the shirt. I'd rather see a team of kids get hammered trying, than that piss weak effort.

In the past we've wanted Everton to play well but it's not even about that tonight. I just want the cunts to have a go. I can't figure out why I desperately want to see us win the FA Cup when they don't give a fuck about playing in an FA Cup winning team. How can we be poles apart in what we want?

That should be the turning point. If Moyes has anything about them then he'd call an end to a few careers after that. Really shocking. No pride, no professionalism. They don't want to play ? so stick them in the reserves ? I don't want to watch them. If Kenwright has anything about him, he'd strongly consider calling an end to Moyes's time. Or maybe even accept he's presiding over a club that is rotten from top to bottom and is in need of any sort of change and at any sort of cost.

Could someone at any level at the club show that they give some sort of flying fuck and do something? Anything. Not nothing.

Can't go on like this. It's fucking dismal.
Paul Hesketh
123   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:53:42

I don't know why us evertonians are unhappy, we've got to the FIFTH round and got beat by a superior Championship side!!!!! ? I have to sarcastic to hide the fact that I've just watched that shite!!!!

Coll Heske, How much oil can it boil?????
Alex Kociuba
124   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:53:24

How can playing Reading at home with 1 person up front NOT be negative? Why is Yakubu on loan? Why is Vaughan on loan? What about Gueye? Why isn't Baxter given more of a go? Why do we have no attack-minded coaches? Does Arteta practise set pieces all week? Why is Bily played on the wing when he plays behind the strikers for Moscow and Russia? Why hasn't Osman scored a goal for 29 games?
Ben Jones
125   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:59:07

The only thing Moyes did wrong was the formation to begin with. But even so, the players that were on the pitch should beat Reading. At least he tried to change things round and the strikers kept swapping all the time.

The players are a disgrace and this season is over. We need a major re-shuffle with the squad. Players like Bily and Anichebe can fuck off to Russia and the lower leagues.
John Daley
126   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:47:49

Dave Wilson,

Don't start getting all sanctimonious on us. People are bound to piss and moan after getting knocked out of the cup by lower league opposition (yet again). The total non-performance and lack of passion from the players only makes it a more bitter pill to swallow. After the Chelsea result, there were plenty of posts on here praising the team, so it's not that people are just waiting for a chance to criticise.

Also, how does tonight's performance fit in with your recent theory that David Moyes is the most attack-minded manager in the game?
Larry Boner
127   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:47:42

Muammar Gaddafi is an Evertonian, I kid you not, check it out.
Became a Blue when Everton were on tour there in 1979.
Could not be any worse than Kenwright, surely ?
Jamie Tulacz
128   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:54:58

Rubbish. There's not a lot more that you can say about a performance like that.

It's been a bizarre season all round, great results against the bigger sides; rubbish against the worse ones... we can't string more than 2 results together on the trot.

Still think that it's the board and Kenwright that's the main problem, and have respected Moyes for a long time. Think though it might be time for him to go now, just seems to have run out of ideas and there's no pattern or consistency to our play any more.
Ernie Baywood
129   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:59:11

Alex. It's funny that after Baines scored against Chelsea, Moyes gave an interview saying how HE had asked Arteta to stay away from set pieces and give Baines a go.

He basically shit all over Arteta and tried to take some credit for Baines' free kick.

Flash forward and Arteta is taking them again.

So is Moyes just full of shit?
130   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:59:08

Alex 124, are you mad??? Don't ask questions about football, the answer you need is in this question.... How much oil would a gumboil boil if a gumboil could boil oil?

Paul 123 ? it's loads, Anchiebe kept slipping on it when going up for headers.
Ernie Baywood
131   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:02:18

Is Anichebe still on the ground? It looked serious the way he rolled around and waved his hand in the air.

Oh hang on. Once our attack had been completed without one of our forwards in the box he got up and wandered around again.
Paul Hesketh
132   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:58:59

Alex, lots of Questions there!

1. Yakubu is shite and fat.
2. Vaughan doesn't give a damn.
3. Baxter to me looked fatty round the gut.
4. They wouldn't come to EFC because we will win nothing.
5. No. He just practises putting his arms up in the air.
6. Because Moyes hasn't got a clue.
7. As someone pointed out, he is 2 foot tall and likes to sing HI HO HI HO.

Chris Matheson
133   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:50:29

Chris Jones at 78:

"A few Chris Joneses, there's only a few Chris Joneses, few Chris Jo-oneses, there's only a few Chris Joneses."
Dick Fearon
134   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:46:58

What Moyes will say:

"I am very disappointed. We did not take our chances, poor defending let us down. If Coleman had scored with that header" etc. etc, blah, blah blah.

What he should say:

"I apologise to supporters for another unacceptable and disgraceful display. From back to front we were totally crap and deserved what we got. It is quite clear that my tactics for this home game against a mid-table team from a lower division were completely wrong. Their manager, who earns a lot less than my assistant and with far less resources, outmaneuvered me in every facet of the game."

I'd like to see such honesty for a change.

Alex Kociuba
135   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:03:29

Moyes said he's taking him off set pieces until he finds his form; one game later he's pleased he's found his form and back to taking them. I've gone from being disgusted, to outraged and now I actually feel sorry for Arteta ? it really must be so humiliating for him.
John Crook
136   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:01:49

What an amazing day in the club's history. On the day he finally comes out of the closet to announce that the fans' two most unpopular players will never be sold under his 'reigme', we loose yet again to a lower division team where Hibbert and Osman would struggle to get a game. Nil satis nisi optimum.
Colin Malone
137   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:58:08

Everton are like a box of chocolates: we don't know what we are getting next. It's been the same roller coaster ride since Moyes has been here.

Can anyone tell me how many times we won the ball in midfield? Oh for a Joe Parkinson or a Lee Carsley.
Paul Hesketh
138   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:07:30

Colin 137:
62.5
Joe is a brikkie now he'd be no good.
Alex Kociuba
139   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:06:54

I'd have Yakubu over Beckford every day of the week. I'd have Yakubu and Beckford upfront together over Saha on his own. Michael Madar and Joe-Max Moore would be better than one striker at home to lower footballing oppostion.
Roy Coyne
140   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:08:44

When are we going to let Kenwright know that his time is up and please take the rest of his YES men with him?
Paul Hesketh
141   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:08:50

I think Forrest would've done a better job!!

Why is it when EFC have the ball, it's like they're playing with a fly-away ball?
Alex Kociuba
142   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:11:12

Colin, it wasn't a rollercoaster ride before Moyes? Moyes brought us stability, but now it's all evaporating away right before our eyes.
Jamie Tulacz
143   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:08:53

Not quite sure how Moyes could have changed the starting line-up/formation there? Beckford not there at kick-off and not really a huge amount on the bench there to improve anything. the players need to stand up and be counted as well occasionally, that wasn't an acceptable performance.

Sick and tired of this season, on the point of quitting for the season now!
Ian Edwards
144   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:07:58

Well said Dick Fearon #134

Although may I say that Mr Moyes has more right to your first name?
Chris Sillett
145   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:02:59

The only thing we can hope for now is a top half finish... and to think some people actually believed we could challenge the top four this season!

Roll on the summer when we will sell Rodwell or Fellaini and then sign a couple of 18-year-old foreigners who will play two games for the reserves then vanish into thin air.
Paul Hesketh
146   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:12:37

Alex
Moyes did bring us stability BUT he has also brought us some turgid football.

He has done enough damage, time for a new manager, fresh ideas, fresh approach.... And, dare I say it: Bring a Winning mentality
Alex Kociuba
147   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:13:49

"Not quite sure how Moyes could have changed the starting line-up/formation there?"

Jaime, how has Moyes got himself in that situation to start with? That's his fault is it not?
Paul Hesketh
148   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:15:48

What's a gumboil?????
Andy Tyler
149   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:55:58

We have a poor team and for me the writing was on the wall when we played Villa, Wolves and Newcastle earlier in the season. We are great in possession but have no cutting edge, teams know how to defend against us.

The mess is a combination of Kenwrongs lack of investment, and Moyes' signings, tactics and playing style he works with these players all week.

There are basic elements missing in our team 1) the lack of movement in creating space and pulling defenders out of position, 2) the lack of tempo which means the opposition get back behind the ball easily, 3) the lack of creativity and guile to break teams down following point 2, 4) the lack of variety in passing - everything into feet which makes us so predictable, 5) a lack of players who are direct and put defenders on the back foot (it was a stroll in the park for their defenders tonight).

With Fellaini and Cahill now being out injured we are in dire straits, and most fans fears of reducing the squad further appear to be realised.

Brian Waring
150   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:17:34

Paul, it boils oil.
Christopher McCullough
151   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:17:26

Saw a piece of shit on the ground today. Reminded me of Everton's season.
152   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:17:00

It's a useless annoying cunt, bit like Anichebe, I think a gumboil is Doddy.
Ernie Baywood
153   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:17:01

Bolis oil, apparently.

The volume is up for debate.
Paul Hesketh
154   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:17:44

I think it's time for Fellaini to get his hair cut, our bad luck and bad form all started when he started to grow his hair.
Dave Wilson
155   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:00:04

John Daley

"So it's not just that people are waiting for the chance to criticise."

Never said they were lad, nor did I make the original observation, I just noticed it was an accurate one. a defeat will draw more comment than a win

I don't get why people feel the need to insult Richard Dodd though, do people really believe if he withdrew his support for the hierarchy things would change? Really? I don't agree with a lot of what he says but he knows he can't influence anything so he feels his support is more benificial to the club than vitriol.

That's his choice, fair play to him for standing up and saying so.
156   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:19:11

YEEEESSSS, at last, some proper debate, How much oil would a gumboil boil if a gumboil could boil oil?
Alex Kociuba
157   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:17:54

I'm gonna have to stop myself commentating on here, but I find myself disagreeing with everyone!! :)

But, Andy Tiler, how you can say after tonight's performance "We are great in possession" is beyond me. Richard Dodd isn't even that daft.
Paul Hesketh
158   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:19:17

Brian, How much oil does it boil though?

I think Coll is more bothered about a gumboil than our mighty club.
Brian Waring
159   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:21:45

Paul, I think it depends on the size of the gumball.......
Declan Burke
160   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:13:44

Arteta the useless prick fucked up every placed ball again tonight, especially the one in front of the goal when Baines was standing alongside. Moyes has stated that he has taken him off placed ball duties, Is Arteta having difficulty understanding Moyes or what?

If he is disobeying Moyes, then who is in charge or is there any discipline at the club?

Brian Waring
161   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:22:54

Jesus, I don't know about saying it, I can't even write it!

Gumboil!!!
David Crowe
162   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:17:16

Well this site will be boycotted by myself until things turn around because I will not, I repeat NOT listen to people insult my intelligence by suggesting that that was David Moyes's fault.

Here's an idea: go to the game, watch it, watch how the players barely give a shit, watch how they miss simple passes that my nan could have made and try to come up with a reasonable argument to suggest that "tactics" had anything to do with it.

Reading are an average Championship side and this was ALL we had to play for this season. This was it. And you can be damn sure Moyes and Neville told them that. This is what our problem has been this season.

Not Moyes. It just takes a game like this to make it clear as day. If those players had been bothered and anywhere near their best, they'd have won the game.

Ste Traverse
163   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:16:53

A reminder of our defeat to Oldham 3 years ago when we went a goal down and had no idea how to breakdown a side which parks the bus.

I don't like to pick on individual players but what's the point of Victor Anichebe? Sirely he's not even good enough for the Zinghari League and Bily is so lacking in commitment it's embarassing.

Also...

Fuck off Moyes.
Fuck off Kenwright.
Fuck off Elstone.
Paul Hesketh
164   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:23:15

Brian

How long is a piece of string?
How many learning curves does a football club go thru?
Why did the champ die?

Jim Lloyd
165   Posted 01/03/2011 at 22:36:40

To Chris Jones from Nr Christchurch. Your country has had such an awful disaster and what we're on about pales into insignificance. I'm sure we all feel for you and your kinfolk. Many of us will have relations or friends down there. Good luck to you all.

As far as this fucking club of ours goes, I can't see anything now but a battle for survival. Is this a bit over dramatic? I don't think so.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see any confidence among the players and I don't see what is going to get it back. Even as I write this as a battle for survival, I don't think we have enough players in the team who can scrap. I'm not even starting to discuss team selection, tactics or ability.

It's a scrap we're in. Hope I'm wrong.

Chris Sillett
166   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:21:36

NASA are thinking of sending out a space probe to track down Magaye Gueye....last seen in Merseyside, England, Planet Earth. Maybe they could find us a new chairman or manager in outer space?
Michael Tupper
167   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:14:08

Misery. Total misery. It is all too often so painful watching us nowadays.

I've said it before but I'll repeat that in 45 years of watching Everton I don't recall seeing a poorer palyer wearing the beloved blue than Anichebe. I'd be more forgiving if his attitude didn't stink so much too.

As for 'Big Jack'. The idea that he is on the brink of superstardom is so desperately misconceived. Yes he has a nice first touch but can anyone think of any game over the past two years that he has really put his stamp upon? His style is way too languid to propel him forward to anything resembling greatness. On tonight's performance if anybody offers £15m plus before next season then bite their fooking arm off. United can have him as a replacement for Carrick in evey possible way.

Class preformance of the night? Brian McDermott. Totally sussed out the tactics to play against us and had the grace to praise the Everton fans as being class in the post match ? might help his job interview later on.

Alex Kociuba
168   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:25:29

Differing opinions to your own means your intelligence has been insulted and you're boycotting the site? Ha ha ha.

What a mighty coincidence that all starting 11 players all happened to have a bad game right at the same time! Witchcraft!
Jamie Sweet
169   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:09:45

I wonder what division we would have to drop to before idiots like Richard Dodd realise that the Kenwright and Moyes partnership is destroying our football club.

Such an apathetic attitude towards the glaringly fucking obvious fact that the current regime is taking this club down is unbelievable.

I have no doubt Doddy and a few other of the blind bats on here would have stayed sat in his seat on the Titanic claiming that the captain was a very good sailor and everything would be alright... even when the water was over his head!

Well it's up to your neck already pal, and Kenwright isn't throwing you a rubber ring!
Sean Picton
170   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:28:23

I fully agree with everyone on here about the players, Moyes and the board but these views need to be voiced at the games if anything at all is going to be done. The kopites would speak up so why don't we?
David Crowe
171   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:25:26

Dean Adams (19) Toffeeweb is what's good about Everton?!?!?!??! Give me strength. I can't believe what I've just read.
Christopher McCullough
172   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:29:31

I echo the views of the Jim Lloyd on Christchurch and Michael Tupper on Brian McDermott.

I hope the players are forced to watch the young lad crying at the end of the game. Horrid performance.
Paul Hesketh
173   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:31:43

Sean

I agree but I think we have been hypnotized and we need to snap out of it otherwise we'll soon be celebrating finishing 4th from bottom AGAIN!!!!!!
Kevin Tully
174   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:29:25

I was at the ground at 18:30 hrs. I saw most of the players arriving in their blacked out supercars. Please explain how some players were stuck in rush hour traffic ?

What an unprofessional club. Just fuck off, from top to bottom ? sick of the fuckin lot of em. Jogging from halfway when on the break to equalise? Cunts.
Paul Hesketh
175   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:35:27

Kevin, you have my every sympathy having paid to watch that shite, the problem is we'll go and win at Newcastle and we'll be buzzing again and it'll be king Moyes again!!!

We are all fickle fans.
Andy Tyler
176   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:34:29

Alex (#157) I concede tonight that we were not great at keeping the ball and our passing was poor. I meant overall this season I don't believe it has been the main problem for us.
Russell Buckley
177   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:34:19

Well we have heard from Richard Dodd already but I'm thinking Tony Marsh could sum that performance up nicely. That's if Tony is still bothering to watch us play.

That was bloody dire from top to bottom.

Sean #170 ? Kopites would be marching in the streets if this was the state of their club. Sad to say but they as a collective have much higher expectations than us. ToffeeWeb fans seem up in arms most of the time but go to some of the other sites and anyone saying Bill or the board should go are shot down with comments like "Shut up ? you're embarrassing yourself".

Dick Fearon
178   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:10:57

And to think that just a few days ago we had people on here saying that Cahill is not worth a place in the team.
Stephen Corcoran
179   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:41:58

The club is rotten to the core. Action needs to be taken by us fans: Kenwright Out, Moyes Out, players who obviously don't give a fuck about the club Out. That performance tonight was so abysmal it was unreal, no skill, no tactics, no passion... Kenwright Out, Moyes Out. No season ticket for me next year whilst this corrupt regime is in power. I'm totally embarrassed to be an Evertonian tonight.
David Thomas
180   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:46:07

Am i the only one who thinks Rodwell offers very little to the team? He never passes the ball forwards or hardly ever moves forward with the ball, it's always five yards sideways or backwards.

I can't for the life of me see how people see a great player in him and a future England captain. Can someone please tell me what it is that he contributes that makes him such a good player? Anyone?

If we had a decent bid for him in the summer at this moment in time I would sell him in a heartbeat. Then again, to be honest, I think the only player I would be bothered about if they left is Leighton Baines.

With regards tonight's game don't think anything more needs to be said than MK's original post of "Utterly Hopeless".
John Daley
181   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:51:32

"To think that just a few days ago we had people on here saying that Cahill is not worth a place in the team."

I thought Fellaini was the bigger miss tonight.
Alan Peters
182   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:48:26

MOYES is to blame again.

Starts 4-5-1 again and then decides at half time to move to 4-3-3 and take both wingers off again. It's a joke. He goes from one extreme to another ? like he did in the Blackpool game.

Listen very very carefully: play 4-4-2!!!!

If Moyes thinks Anichebe is good for 45 mins, play him from the start. At least then he can be booed off when he's replaced. Also, give Anichebe an OSCAR for all the diving he does and acting like he is injured all the time.

SAHA cannot play up front on his own ? how is he a striker when all he thinks this is doing is picking the ball up from deep or on the wings cutting inside and trying to go for a long range shot..

Beckford cannot play up front on his own but at least can run and makes some space but keeps mishitting the ball.

Play Baines left midfield as he is the only one who can cross a ball and is currently out of position with no one covering when he does play forward.

Never ever play Bily.

Arteta put just one good corner in which I was surprised by. He didn't put a decent pass in all night but just kept the ball a few times and made himself look good.

Neville seems to have lost any ounce of leadership. He used to direct the players, now he doesn't.

Coleman should be sold before people realise how bad he is.

Distin and Jagielka were both outsmarted by a small centre forward in Long who clearly had the beating of both of them.

If nothing else at least Osman tried ? best I can say!

Moyes! ? when the other team have a corner, why don't you leave someone up? ? every other team does.

There is more I can say but this will do for now.
Ray Roche
183   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:48:28

What a sack of shite. If Beckford can't get to Goodison for an evening kick off, make the prat stay on Merseyside the night before every game. Fuckin' unbelievable.

How many season ticket holders are still thinking of renewing their ticket for next season? I'm not. All the big matches where it may be a problem to get a ticket are televised and you'd have no problem getting a ticket for the rest of the games. If you could be arsed, that is.

Let's be honest, most of the players don't appear that bothered.

Michael Tupper
184   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:54:32

To David Thomas - Please see my post 166. I am glad to see someone in agreement. At present Rodwell looks very over-rated - a flat track bully is a term that springs to mind. His passing tonight was yet again negative and ponderous. he even plays the ball direct to feet when we are on the break for chrissakes!

Coleman has been playing beyond both his experience and ability but at least shows an admirable passion.

Billy looks totally at a loss to undrestand what is going on around him. Worst £9.5m we've ever spent sadly.

Arteta has struggled badly with form this season and he has been key to so much of what was good in previous seasons

No Pienaar

Fellaini out (and now sadly longer than we imagined)... Net result is that we have nothing much of note going on in the midfield.

Saha is class but like any striker he needs good service and support

This is such an upsetting night. I had deluded myself to dare to imagine that a run at Wembley would spur a run at the top 6 or 7.

I agree with Chris #172. that little lad crying said all that needed to be said about being an Everton supporter at present. It won't make a blind bit of difference to some of our players though.
Rob Hollis
185   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:53:55

So we had Baines and Bily who might create something and he takes Bily off and plays Anichibe, the single most useless tosser ever to play football at any level anywhere, what a twat.

I wish I could stop going. Hate the board, the manager, Neville, Anichibe, Osman, Heitinga, Beckford, Anichibe, Anichibe and Anichibi... and I think I have misspelt his name but am going mad and hate my Dad for taking me to Everton in 1969 and my local team is now Huddersfield but I can't.... aaarrrggggg!
Ernie Baywood
186   Posted 02/03/2011 at 00:21:20

And see my post (#61). Unbelievable tonight.

The only thing I seem to disagree with most about is Bily.

Yes he makes mistakes, can't defend, is slow as fuck... but seriously, who else actually tried anything but a simple pass tonight? He was worth keeping on just for the 3 or 4 things he did well (great ball into Osman took 3 players out and setup our 2nd best chance, great cross that no-one got onto, and a couple of great crossfield balls to Coleman).

Confidence must be pretty low for him but he keeps on trying to do the things that create goals even if he makes mistakes... which was not evident from anyone else tonight. Something about cracking shells to make omelettes. No-one else does.
Ernie Baywood
187   Posted 02/03/2011 at 00:30:07

I wonder what Moyes is thinking right now? Resignation would have to be on his mind? If I was involved in something as shambolic as that I'm not sure I could come to work tomorrow.

9/2 at William Hills if anyone is interested
Steven Flynn
188   Posted 01/03/2011 at 23:27:03

David Crowe: how's this for your intelligence, Moyes has overseen Shrewsbury, Oldham and Brentford before Reading... I suppose he was blameless there? Only reason he wont quit is his £65k per week.
Michael Tupper
189   Posted 02/03/2011 at 00:28:34

Ernie - I take your points on board about Bily. Fair play.

I have had high hopes for him for he has seemed the sort of great technical player of the kind that used to be often admired a long time ago.

On depressing nights like this, it's a little too easy to forget some of the points you make but on reflection I have to agree that it surely has to be better to keep a gifted player on the pitch even if he's not fitting in so well than to replace him with Anichebe! Mind you it would be better to place an inanimate oblong object on the pitch than play Anichebe. I've never seen anyone that size fall over quite so easily and winge quite so much. He makes Heskey look like fooking Rambo.
Pete Gunby
190   Posted 02/03/2011 at 00:27:06

As a team, we are slow, unimaginative, poor passers and weak shots who don't dribble well. Apart from that we have all the makings of a fine team.

Thanks for another uninspiring, underwhelming and massively dissapointing season. If Child welfare try to remove my 13-year-old son from my custody for allowing his unbridled love of Everton to flourish,could I offer any reasonable opposition?

Disillussioned Bitter Blue.

Sean McCarthy
191   Posted 02/03/2011 at 00:42:55

What a fucking shambles!! To think some deluded people on here were saying we shop drop Cahill and play Beckford. Why? He may have scuffed 2 goals against a piss poor Sunderland side but my god he's shit. We'll see just how shit over the next few weeks as Cahill is out for 3.

One positive I will say about him though is he's better than Anichebe...who's fuckin useless!! Can someone anyone enlighten me as to WTF Moyes sees in him? He didn't win a single challenge in the whole time he was on the pitch. He went down like he'd been shot after being on the field for less than 5 minutes. A bit of a cuddle from the physio and he's up and about like a spring lamb. He should be ashamed of himself but we all know he won't be. From my seat on the halfway line of the upper bullens we could clearly hear Neville shout to Arteta "Tell him to fucking get up". The players know it and we know it. He's a fucking joke of a player. He offers absolutely nothing. How did he get a long term contract??? He's a poor Championship player at best.

A couple of weeks ago someone on here said bily could get into the Real Madrid or Barcelona sides. Did they mean their football sides or one if the other sports those to clubs play in Spain??

Tonite was a shambles from start to finish. In fact even before the start with one of our players stuck on the M62. I came down the M62 and managed to get there in time. It wouldn't be asking the players too much would it for them to get to the game in plenty of time??
We're an embarrassment. And it's not funny anymore.

Thomas Williams
192   Posted 02/03/2011 at 00:05:10

Well, all you can say is that was typical Everton.

To those that doubt Fellaini, we haven't scored since he went off on Saturday; what's more, we never looked like scoring either.

Back 5 should be kept, Fellaini at all costs, Rodwell, Coleman, Beckford plus squad fillers Hibbert and Osman (I know most will complain but they are both tidy squad players, not starters).

Heitinga, Yobo, Arteta, Bily, Saha, Cahill, Vaughan and Anichebe out ? £40-45M for that lot, give Moyes £25M and £20M off the debt is the way forward for me. We have to rebuild and start again, we cannot continue following the same paths on the field and off, Kenwright out.

Mike Green
193   Posted 02/03/2011 at 03:11:03

Not sure I've seen a thread get close to 200 before.....

Just woke from a horrible nighmare that we got beat by Read.. erm.. ing erm in the oh... um. Oh.
Liu Weixian
194   Posted 02/03/2011 at 04:39:53

It is a sign of Everton's progress when a player like Anichebe is paid tens of thousands of pounds a week to roll like a swine in mud on a football pitch. Nil satis nisi optimum!
Jamie Crowley
195   Posted 02/03/2011 at 06:11:06

Osman puts in a MOTM performance out wide against Sunderland. We play him behind a sole striker. Bily, who plays CAM for country, plays out wide where Osman played so well the previous game. We sub out Coleman who at least runs at opposition defense and poor Bily - who despite some comments slating him at least tried to unlock the defense with a few nifty passes and one wicked cross. Who comes on? Beckford - who should have started in the first place but inexplicably was late to the game, and Anichebe.

Anichebe is so incredibly poor it is amazing. I simply can not stand the way he plays, his attitude, and the fact he got rewarded with a new contract?!!! The fact he got a new contract is laughable.

Just a horrible, horrible game.

If Anichebe is good enough to come on at half (he's not FTR), why didn't he start up top? What the hell is the logic of starting 4-5-1 against a Championship side at home?

Roll on, post 200....
Phil Cuthbertson
196   Posted 01/03/2011 at 21:29:17

After this total disgrace, the manager needs to go... omg.
Andy Callan
197   Posted 02/03/2011 at 08:42:16

Ha ha ha ha ? brilliant lads. I've just spent over and hour reading this thread and it's brightened my day up.

We're all of the same opinion and we all agree we're royally fucked.

Don't let Everton FC ruin your week ? those players aren't arsed. Do you think Bily is bothered when he drives home in his £100k Austin to his £5M pad in Ainsdale.....?!?!?!? Mefinks not. He'll take his cash and fuck off back down the hole from which he came after we sell him.

Much in ther same way you and I would if we played for fuckin' Kiev.

Fuck em ? lost interest me. Just a shame I've already got me ticket for Saturday.
David Price
198   Posted 02/03/2011 at 09:53:03

Taxi for Moyes? Fucking Beckford could've done with one last night.
Jamie Tulacz
199   Posted 02/03/2011 at 13:34:47

Another one to get nearer to the 200 mark...

I'm officially resigning from this season, just can't take any more of this crap! Just when you think we've turned the corner, we somehow manage to plumb new depths yet again.

Enjoy the relegation battle!

(ps I'm sure I'll be back to join in for some reason!)
Tony J Williams
200   Posted 02/03/2011 at 14:34:57

I am with you Jamie, last game will be Chelsea at home and watch the feckers leave me with a 5-0 drubbing... feckers, I hate football at the moment.
Tony J Williams