Aussie Training Session

I have just returned after meeting many of our players at an open traing session here in Sydney. I can tell you this was a dream come true for my son and I.

I was very impressed with the camaraderie amongst the boys and also the coaching staff. The new signings looked impressive although Beckford did not train due to a minor hamstring strain. João Silva and Mageye Gueye look very promising. I have a feeling that Bily is going to have a BIG season. He looked sharp and you can see how happy he is. Mikel and Timmy were often laughing and chating so I hope Tim is convincing him to stay.

Great to see the boys signing autographs and mixing with the fans afterwards. At times this training session was more intense than an A-League game and I don't think it matters who Moysey plays against Sydney, I'm sure the gulf in class will be evident. Well done Boys.
Peter Bourke, Sydney     Posted 09/07/2010 at 06:19:09

Comments

Colin Raj
1   Posted 09/07/2010 at 07:19:09

can't wait to see them in melbourne! hopefully they release details of some training sessions down here. i think im looking forward to gueye the most out of the new signings.
Mark Murphy
2   Posted 09/07/2010 at 09:05:33

Gulf in class or not, I bet you we dont hammer Sydney!
I never read too much in these pre season friendlies!
Duncan McDine
3   Posted 09/07/2010 at 09:23:13

Thanks for passing on your experiences Peter, and glad you had the time of your life! I hope you're right that Timmy will convince Mikel to stay put.

The World Cup isn't even finished, and I'm already much more excited about the start of Everton's season!
Ciaran Duff
4   Posted 09/07/2010 at 11:46:16

I must say that I'm really impressed with how down to earth and approachable the team seem to be.
Maybe I am biased but my gut feeling is that the guys seem relaxed here in Oz and are receiving more attention than they might in say USA.
I'll be at the game tomorrow night. Hope we get a decent crowd and have a good game. I definitely wouldn't write Sydney off as they'll be up for it against and EPL team and should be fitter then our guys as we've only just started back training.
Christine Foster
5   Posted 09/07/2010 at 12:04:43

Must try to find where they are training in Brisbane and when, we have purchased 8 tickets for the Brisbane match, family outing! Cost of $160 all up for Everton supporters on special...
Ryan Rosenberg
6   Posted 09/07/2010 at 13:22:59

glad you and your son had a great time Peter! I also cannot wait to see the boys come in Melbourne. Does anybody have any details about a training session in Melbourne?
David Moore
7   Posted 09/07/2010 at 13:22:20

Christine, lucky you waited to get ticktets, everyon else is paying through the nose. For more information people should go to www.evertonfc.com.au. It is ths EVerton Supporters Clubs of Australia's website, and has all the news. There was drinks at the pub this arvo and Jimmy, the kit man and a few mates ame down to join us. Everyone at the club has been wonderful, with the exception of the burley security bloke, not smiled once.
Liu Weixian
8   Posted 09/07/2010 at 14:49:10

How I envy you Aussies! You guys get to see Everton, but we sorry bastards in Singapore have had to see the Shite and hear their dirge of an anthem play in our national stadium.

Sigh...Wish I were in Melbourne...
Liam Reilly
9   Posted 09/07/2010 at 16:17:14

On a side note, interesting to see Man U travelling to the States on their 3 game pre-season tour, cumulating with a fixture against the MLS All-Stars.

It would appear that both Fergie and Moyes consider that a pre-season tour of the US is effective preparation.

Trevor Williams
10   Posted 10/07/2010 at 12:03:21

Liam,

America offered Man U more money and it's good marketing for them.

Nothing to do with football.
Simon Jenkins
11   Posted 10/07/2010 at 16:15:12

Trevor

It is still preparation for the new season, regardless of how much money they are paid for going there.

A great number of other clubs have played or will play pre-season games in the US, including the likes of Chelsea and Celtic this summer. The MLS All Stars generally play an English or British team every summer and have done for the last 5 years.