Pienaar ? Staying or going?

Just read this article on teamtalk.com and Redknapp admits that, although he likes Pienaar, a deal is unlikely as he doesn't see it as a real goer, so does this mean he's going to sign a new deal or is he going elsewhere for money Spurs carn't even match?

Aidy Dews, Wakefield     Posted 09/07/2010 at 12:54:45

Comments

Brendan O'Doherty
1   Posted 09/07/2010 at 14:44:10

Oh no not again. Please?
Brendan McLaughlin
2   Posted 09/07/2010 at 15:09:04

Apparently he's just waiting for a contract offer in writing.............
Tom Winek
3   Posted 09/07/2010 at 15:14:41

Rednapp always comes out with this shit just before he signs a player. He plays down his chances and then the next week the player's holding up the club shirt. I think it might happen.
Chris Wilson
4   Posted 09/07/2010 at 15:30:32

Or Harry could be saying that Pienaar didn't show enough in the World Cup that made Harry insist on having him. Besides, Harry can't make a move in the market until he sees who Moyes goes after then offer that player more money.
Bram Oliver
5   Posted 09/07/2010 at 16:41:56

I thought Pienaar looked jaded at the World Cup, except for the game against France, where he was more or less back to his old self.

Still think he's gone though.
David Hallwood
6   Posted 09/07/2010 at 16:42:40

If managers make a judgement of a player on the back of 3 matches, no wonder that football finances are so fucked.
Andrew Oxton
7   Posted 09/07/2010 at 17:12:47

Agreed Chris, 100% correct. However, Harry is not the only other manager in the top flight who copies Mr Moyes's homework.
Colin Potter
8   Posted 09/07/2010 at 17:35:17

Get rid as soon as we can, he's caused enuogh uncertainty in the camp, we do not need another Lescott saga. Get as much as we can for him. We need a settled squad at the start of this coming season, because I've a feeling in me water we are going to do very, very well.
Brian Williams
9   Posted 09/07/2010 at 17:55:50

I think he'll be gone... but on a free at the end of the forthcoming season.

I think the club will play hardball and stick to the offer that has already been made (and rejected?), and I think Pienaar will play same hardball and rely on getting a hefty signing-on fee when he goes to another club on a free.

I back the club's stance wholeheartedly, as, while Pienaar's undoubtedly a gifted player, last time I checked there were eleven members of a football team... not one!
Jay Dawson
10   Posted 09/07/2010 at 19:36:09

We should offer him top dollar unless we already have, if he doesn't take it immediately then sell him as soon as we can and start looking for a replacement. If he stays, though, which I hope, we'll have a potential midfield of:

Fellaini
Arteta Rodwell
Billy Pienaar

Class!!

Suzy Whitehead
11   Posted 09/07/2010 at 19:52:00

This is so simple.

He is going.

Over rated anyway. Lots of tricks and talented on the ball but, if you can't deliver in goals and assists, then what use is the talent?

Concluded; now move on.
Paul Foster
12   Posted 09/07/2010 at 20:56:39

Redknapp is a disgrace. Hardly a week goes by without that odious man saying he "likes" a player from another team. It's a deliberate tactic to unsettle players and I wish the Premier League would do something about it.

It just makes me prouder than ever to have a manager like Moyes with integrity. He has a simple rule when it comes to players belonging to other teams: they're not my player so I won't talk about them.
Brian Williams
13   Posted 09/07/2010 at 20:58:21

You can only sell if someone wants to buy.

I've not heard of a queue knocking at David Moyes's door!
Brendan O'Doherty
14   Posted 09/07/2010 at 23:01:55

Paul Foster - yes that is a good point. 'Arry seems very keen to stay in with the written press and answer any question they want.

Reporter " Well 'Arry what do you think of Forlan after his excellent World Cup?"

'Arry: He's a top, top player. I really really like him. I'd love to have 'im at Spurs but I don't fink there's anyfing doin' there at the moment as eez 'appy in Spain."

Instead of " I don't talk about players who are contracted to other clubs."

Moyes and him are like chalk and cheese.

Chad Schofield
15   Posted 10/07/2010 at 02:46:56

Brian #13, that same logic has been applied to a buyer, rather than investor, of Everton. I've never understood this as it's unlikely that you have some kind of viewing equipment or insider informing you when there are ever queues outside Bill's or David's doors. And crazy as it may seem, just because there is not a physical queue waiting, does not mean there is not demand... otherwise shops and supermarkets would be throwing their stock out because there's clearly no interest in their products.

In terms of what I think we should do with Pienaar, keep him and risk losing him at Christmas or end of season for norminal/no fee if we cannot agree a deal with him.

Alan Clarke
16   Posted 10/07/2010 at 10:27:37

Deputy dog wants Joe Cole. If that doesn't happen, I'm sure he'll move for Pienaar.
Bram Oliver
17   Posted 10/07/2010 at 13:46:53

@Suzy Whitehead

"Lots of tricks and talented on the ball but, if you can't deliver in goals and assists, then what use is the talent?"

Ridiculous statement. Which games have you been watching? I, for one, didn't notice ten step-overs before passing the ball, and then running straight into defenders. If anything Pienaar's ball skills are slightly overrated.

He's more a hard working midfielder, who is comfortable on the ball. Enough with the cliches, eh?
Brian Williams
18   Posted 10/07/2010 at 16:12:00

Chad #15. I accept we (or I) don't have an insight into who makes what offer for who, but usually there's coverage in the redtops, or at least a suggestion.

The point I was making is that there "appears" to nobody knocking down the door begging us to sell PIenaar....all will be revealed soon anyway.
Marc Williams
19   Posted 10/07/2010 at 16:37:50

Aidy ? 'Crappy Arry ' is your typical 'Wheeler Dealer', who if he wasn't in football would be selling knock-off Rumanian underwear or out-of-date soft fruit on a car-boot sale in Essex !

Having unsettled the player, by constantly mentioning him & no doubt having 'made enquiries' with his agent, he's now trying to lower the price by publicly feigning disinterest.

Pienaar WILL BE GONE as, given where we are in his contract cycle, it benefits the player, his agent & Everton to do so.

If he wants to join the other mercenaries at 'Shite Tart's Lane' then good luck to him, as it's been a graveyard for quite a bit of talent.
James I'Anson
20   Posted 10/07/2010 at 19:11:21

I wander what would happen if he stayed to see out his contract and we won the league.
Ian McDowell
21   Posted 10/07/2010 at 23:25:56

Hope he stays, I've got really high hopes for this season.
John Hunt
22   Posted 11/07/2010 at 00:03:22

This story just came up on Twitter. Hope it's accurate.
News of theWorld
Bram Oliver
23   Posted 11/07/2010 at 05:32:12

I would bet you my house Steven Pienaar has contributed, assisted, to more goals for Everton than any other player in the team. Do I have a taker in Suzy, or anyone else?
Bram Oliver
24   Posted 11/07/2010 at 06:12:25

Basically, checking the stats, which Suzy forgot to do, while coming up with her rash statement, it appears, that not only is Stevie our top scoring midfielder, he tops the charts in ground covered per match, passes completed, assists and overall perfromance.

You should apologise, Suzy, Andy Crooks, Mike Oates etc.

Strangely, I dont expect your bunch to.
Bram Oliver
25   Posted 11/07/2010 at 06:45:15

Suzy, are you hanging your head in unadulterated shame, along with your fellow travellers, Ciaran, etc?
Spragg Johnson
26   Posted 11/07/2010 at 10:51:08

Here's hoping Mikky and Tim will get in his shell like and keep him here ... if we keep those three ... as well as Rodders, Fella and Billy and add Landon Donovan we will have the best midfield stable BAR NONE in the Prem.

Stay Peanuts la' ... you know it makes sense.
Bram Oliver
27   Posted 13/07/2010 at 09:19:17

Hallo. I would like to apologise to all of the people I mentioned above. Way out of line and completely unwarranted.. Cheers. i was a bit pissed at the time, as you could probably tell.
Bram Oliver
28   Posted 13/07/2010 at 14:47:30

To All the Evertonians I may have insulted before: Regarding my last post in the wee hours of the morning, I wish to apologise to my fellow Evertonians, for a rather insulting missive. Although I would still stand by the substance of my post, it was a completetely unwarranted attack on all those I mentioned in it. My sincere apologies, and it will never happen ever again. Hopefully.