Members:   Log In Sign Up

Leroy Fer

Although not the most reliable of sources, anyone have any more detail relating to the 2010-11 entry for this guy Leroy Fer at Wikipedia?

Barry Johns, Glasgow     Posted 12/07/2010 at 00:07:55

Comments

Alex Kociuba
1   Posted 12/07/2010 at 02:44:13

The Mirror, The People, Footy247 and the Mail online all have us linked to him. £4m is rumoured.
Lee Kidd
2   Posted 12/07/2010 at 07:15:42

A few Dutch websites have as well apparently. Never heard of him, but on Wiki he's a defensive midfielder ? and has the nickname "The Bouncer", which sounds encouraging.
Iain Love
3   Posted 12/07/2010 at 08:45:36

Just read Liverpool in talks with Scharner, ha ha ha.
Lee Mandaracas
4   Posted 12/07/2010 at 09:58:24

£4m is rumourded, eh? Could be a straight swap for Gosling. Or maybe we could sell Gosling to fund the £4m for this transf........ Oh no, hold on a minute.
Ben Howard
5   Posted 12/07/2010 at 10:54:50

I wouldn't trust the update that's on Wikipedia. Some joker has put:
"On 11th July 2010 it was revealed that Fer had signed a one year deal with Everton FC for the 2010/2011 season."
Alasdair Mackay
6   Posted 12/07/2010 at 13:42:49

Maybe it's a loan with a view to a permanent transfer next summer. Although with Felli, Neville, Johnny and Jack all capable of playing very well in defensive midfield I would be very surprised if that is where he plays for us?

Re Gosling. It is a shame he has gone, and it can only be for more money and more game time. I don't blame the lad for that. It's also not his fault we never got our offer in writing. I think someone on the admin team should be sacked for this error and we should certainly appeal the decision, but none of it is Gosling's fault. Thanks for the greatest derby winner ever!
James Marshall
7   Posted 12/07/2010 at 13:57:27

Greatest derby winner ever? Tongue firmly in cheek there I assume? Gosling is a shocking player and I for one am glad to see the back of him ? fee or no fee.
Chris Wilson
8   Posted 12/07/2010 at 15:09:13

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of this Fer fella because we do seem to be stacked in his supposed ideal position which makes me think that it's only speculative.
Alex Whitney
9   Posted 12/07/2010 at 15:27:53

Just a little something I stumbled upon about Leroy

If that happens to be true then it sounds like he'll be a real talent.
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
10   Posted 12/07/2010 at 17:20:07

Sorry, I had to do some clean-up here. All Gosling comments have been moved to the Good Luck, Dan article.
Alasdair Mackay
11   Posted 12/07/2010 at 18:38:40

I know this is a Gosling comment, but I feel I should clarify to James Marshall (7) in this thread that I was not being tongue-in-cheek when I referred to his derby winner as the greatest ever.

It was in the 118th minute of a cup replay under the floodlights at Goodison. I didn't mean in terms of quality of goal, but in terms of timing - I can't think of a better one!
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
12   Posted 13/07/2010 at 00:14:34

Doh! I thought I'd moved those over too!!!
Martin Clark
13   Posted 13/07/2010 at 05:25:25

Looking at this guy on http://talentedfootball.blogspot.com/2010/01/leroy-fer.html

He does look like he'd be a good acquisition. He has and could play in numerous positions, always a plus with Moyes and is still only 20.

Would be pleased if Moyes could acquire The King of Iron to maybe play right-back and with hopefully Donavan to reclaim his number 9 shirt would be even more excited about next season!
James Marshall
14   Posted 13/07/2010 at 14:05:16

Alasdair (11). No idea mate, I watched it on ITV so missed the goal while I was enjoying the adverts! ;-)