Members:   Log In Sign Up

Chile tickets update

The club has opened another section of the ground for the Everton v Everton game on Wednesday night due to the rapidly increasing demand for tickets.

You can now buy tickets - £10 and £3 - for the Upper Gwladys Street.

Everton from Chile arrived in Liverpool on Monday after changing flights at Madrid where they went for a training session at the Real Madrid training ground.

Our visitors have been given special dispensation by the Chilean F.A. to postpone two games in order to come and play this game, which is being shown live on Chilean TV. When they left their stadium in Vina del Mar, they were waved off by 2,000 supporters.

Tickets for the game are £10 for adults; £3 for juniors and OAPs. They can be bought through the club website, by phone, or at the club box office.

www.theruleteros.com
Mike Owen, Liverpool     Posted 02/08/2010 at 18:25:07

Comments

Aidy Dews
1   Posted 02/08/2010 at 18:50:49

I'm sure it will be a good game and occasion and I might just make in one at Goodison wednesday. Should be a good night.
Larry Boner
2   Posted 02/08/2010 at 20:30:48

When I heard that this game was to go ahead my heart skipped a beat, I was really pleased that at last a little piece of the clubs history was to be made available to the supporters of this great club and the people of Liverpool.

I fully expected Mr Kenwright to use his TV connections to put in place the foundation for a fantastic documentary on the connections between the clubs and the valiant efforts of The Ruleteros Society to get this game played.

Sadly this does not appear to be happening and all we can hope for is a Match of the Day type slot on N.W. Tonight.
Maybe Mr Kenwright has tried to do this so I,m not criticising him at all.

What did sicken me though was a couple of weeks ago I went to the ground to pick up 6 tickets for my family and me and was told that Everton did not expect a significant gate and were only opening parts of the ground,

I have spoken to a number of people who knew nothing of CD Everton, but who were looking forward to attending the once in a lifetime game and taking their sons and daughters with them (my brother is flying over from the IoM with his daughter especially for this game)
I dont think we have a clue when it comes to the promotion of this club, we miss so many opportunities, this is potentially one of the best.
Iain Love
3   Posted 02/08/2010 at 22:18:10

I was just going to turn up on the night and pay at the turnstiles , hope there will be space for me and my mate ?
Chad Schofield
4   Posted 02/08/2010 at 23:50:35

Can't wait, mate got me a ticket today and there's a few of us travelling up from the South West... Should be great!
Mike Owen
5   Posted 03/08/2010 at 01:18:10

Iain,
You pay at the box office for a ticket, then go through the turnstiles.
Pity we don't have cash at the turnstiles, but these days that seems to be deemed so 20th century.
This is why we are encouraging people to buy in advance. Try that e-ticketing lark.
The Everton team from Chile spent around 3 hours at Finch Farm on Monday evening; some of their supporters went there to watch; all very impressed.
Later Monday night, a Merseyside blue and a Chilean blue put their arms together for a picture of two Everton tattoos ... picture to follow.
Gary Hegarty
6   Posted 03/08/2010 at 09:23:28

Tickets in hand and looking forward to it. Bringing my other halves nephew who at the moment is a 7 year old RS who has never been near the ground.
I'll only point out the Cess Pit as we leave the magical floodlit arena and see the dark satanic skies above that hole!!! Another convert I'm sure!!!
On an aside, is anyone aware of any memento's being created and sold on the evening?? half and half scarves, programmes, badges etc - make the most of it!!
Chris Dawson
7   Posted 03/08/2010 at 11:23:24

Bought tickets yesterday but picking them up on the day.

Cant wait for this, especially after the tripe that was served up during the world cup, two proper teams!!!
Nick Parker
8   Posted 03/08/2010 at 11:38:33

Coming all the way from Croydon for the game and suprised it has not sold out yet. hope it does
Nick Parker
9   Posted 03/08/2010 at 11:38:33

Dean Williamson
10   Posted 03/08/2010 at 12:55:33

I'll be at the game wearing the Everton Chile shirt I got whilst over there. I went to their ground a few years ago in my Everton shirt and the people there were so accomodating. They gave me a tour of the ground and were lovely even though I just turned up. The people in Vina were great too stopping me on the street to have their photo taken with me!
I have a few Chilean friends who live in Liverpool and we're all coming the game.
Steven Twine
11   Posted 03/08/2010 at 14:35:24

Me and my mate will be there going posh in the brian labone suite.We have a two course meal with wine and watching the game from the directors box.Could anyone tell me whats it like we have not done anything like this before.Its £75 each speical offer.Does anyone think we will meet any players?That would round off a cracking night.
John Pendleton
12   Posted 03/08/2010 at 15:59:44

Nice link in today's Guardian

James Tunstead
13   Posted 03/08/2010 at 18:53:52

Ive just been to the ground to buy my tickets at 17:30. Park End sold out, Main stand restricted view only with just tickets at the rear of the upper and lower Gwladys Street stands available. I would get to the ground early tomorrow if you dont have a ticket. Surely they will have to open the top balcony and/or Bullens Road or some people wont get in.
Brian Garside
14   Posted 03/08/2010 at 22:26:28

This will be one of those "I was there" nights.
More history and culture on offer in just one match than any other club could offer in a decade/century.