Members:   Log In Sign Up

Stop complaining... for now, anyway

When logging on to Everton TV for the match yesterday, I was astounded and really pissed off having to endure Man Utd live, eventually getting the Everton vs Everton match half way through the first half.

I know from reading TW that we are constantly dissatisfied with the club's reaction to our complaints. In this case, however, credit where it is due, and I would like to thank them for the prompt and generous service reply....

Dear Gerry,

On Wednesday 4th August we had an issue with our live streaming system which meant that a small number of subscription users experienced an issue during the first half of the Everton versus Everton Chile game. We sincerely apologize for this.

Due to an incorrect routing configuration, some of our systems picked up approximately 20 minutes of the transmission of another feed and not the advertised Everton feed. While this was rectified as soon as it became obvious it still meant that you did not get the full advertised game which you had subscribed for.

By way of compensation we are offering you either a £5.00 refund or an additional month to your subscription and the guarantee that all is being done to ensure that this does not happen again.

Regards,
Everton Tv Support

Gerry Quinn, Houston, Texas     Posted 05/08/2010 at 17:51:27

Comments

Nick Broadhurst
1   Posted 06/08/2010 at 10:31:26

I must say, in the past 3 seasons that I've had my subscription I've never had a problem with the live feeds on evertonTV. Suppose I've been quite lucky in that regard.

Still, nice gesture from the club that.
Gavin Ramejkis
2   Posted 06/08/2010 at 11:55:47

Under the trade descriptions act surey they had to do something. Brits don't complain well as it is, yes the club did something but don't forget they should have as correct policy.
John Crook
3   Posted 06/08/2010 at 13:12:32

I can ONLY WATCH THE LIVE MATCHES. But the normal video clips of interviews have sound but no picture. Very strange. I have emailed several times -Last reply was a week ago. Another example of how poorly the club is run administratively.
Gerry Quinn
4   Posted 06/08/2010 at 14:08:08

Gavin, your quote "Brits don't complain well" - with my tongue in cheek, I take it you have deliberately left TW readers out of that comment!!!!!

My Uncle used to have a Coach Tour company in Ostend, Belgium, when that was the "big British holiday capital back in the 60's. When I spoke with him a few years ago, he told me that the Brits were the best complainers out of all the European tourists he dealt with. The Scots, he said, were by no means not the worst, and were usually right to complain he said (must have been a tight business he ran, eh?) The worst moaners came from Yorkshire - they complained about anything and everything, mainly because it was foreign to them!!!! I think I know what he meant.

From his comments over the decades, I believe we Brits complain more than well enough, its just how we complain - either aggressively or politely.

I believe my request to Everton was short, yet polite enough to get a reaction....quote, "Sir or Madam, why am I having to endure Man Utd on Everton TV?" unquote.

I wanted to be a lot more aggressive, but held back!
Simon Temme
5   Posted 06/08/2010 at 14:32:07

Gerry,

Its good that you got a result well done!
On the subject of moans I see that Spurs have drawn Young Boys in the CL qualifiers. Am I just being a BB (Bitter Blue) when I see other teams having good luck compared with ours at the same point in 2005 (Villareal)

The thought of Deputy dog and his team of misfits progressing in this competition makes me maddly want to see Everton not only claim at least a CL position this coming seaon but also take maximum points from this bunch of opportunists.

Whilst on this subject could we also wish an early season injury crisis on them comparable to ours last season.

IMWT COYB
Jay Harris
6   Posted 06/08/2010 at 17:09:26

Gerry,
while it is pleasant to at least get an offer of recompense it is only this season that we have had major problems so somebody is cocking up somewhere.

I missed the whole of the Norwich match, some of the Australian coverage and the first half of the Everton Chile match.

I emailed everton support 5 minutes before the match kicked off to ask why it ewas showing a Man U game so how they can claim it was 20 minutes before they became aware I dont know.

Anyway for once we didnt get the standard response "something is wrong with your browser" bullshit.
Gerry Quinn
7   Posted 06/08/2010 at 17:45:50

Agreed Jay - you would think somebody at the club would be monitoring what is being transmitted from their own cameras!
But then, can Everton, as a company, afford a new laptop, or an extra cable?
There again, what if they plugged the Everton TV "transmit" feed into those bloody gi-normous monitors they have strewn around the ground? Betcha they'd soon bloody see their own "technical difficulties" then
Brendan O'Doherty
8   Posted 06/08/2010 at 18:33:45

If anyone listens to the live audio commentary feed via ETV on matchdays, you will know well that during the half-time interval the listener is subjected to the commentator chuntering away to his producer back in the studio about lead-ins and what to say next, etc. Often you are also fed bits of live commentary and analysis of the horrible RS, which is the last thing you want to hear. It's really unprofessional, as is the way the whole ETV station is run. Links on the website often don't work, etc.
Dave Smith
9   Posted 06/08/2010 at 19:44:34

"On the subject of moans I see that Spurs have drawn Young Boys in the CL "

Speaking of which, why where Spurs seeded? Don't remember them rolling out that treatment for us.