Victor's unknown injury

The OS states that Anichebe is suffering from an unknown injury...

Brings to mind: "There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don?t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we do not know we don?t know. ? ? United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

That's cleared that up then.
Dick Fearon, West Australia     Posted 15/08/2010 at 12:51:48

Comments

Joe McMahon
1   Posted 15/08/2010 at 17:05:52

Why can't Osman get an "unknown" injury, it's the only way we will not seee him on the team sheet.

Before anyone starts about wishing ill luck on our players, think about it ? it IS the only way we won't see him on the teamsheet.
Norman Merrill
2   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:01:40

Does anyone know why are physio left?
Anand Rabheru
3   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:08:16

Joe, I would rather it be Cahill than ANYONE else!
Ray Robinson
4   Posted 15/08/2010 at 19:08:02

I believe it's been diagnosed as delusional strikeritis.
Anthony Millington
5   Posted 15/08/2010 at 19:54:43

I heard he had a knee injury and it could be the persistent problem he's had ever since he came back from his initial injury lay off.
Chris White
6   Posted 15/08/2010 at 19:58:18

Anand, are you for real saying you wish it was Cahill than anyone else, he is our only hope of a goal at the moment!
Alex Kociuba
7   Posted 15/08/2010 at 20:33:35

Rumour on NSNO.co.uk is that Newcastle have made a bid of £1.5m for him.
Mike Oates
8   Posted 15/08/2010 at 21:20:46

He's fast becoming another Vaughan I'm afraid with his injuries. Always reminds me of Heskey and that's bad news.
Brendan O'Doherty
9   Posted 15/08/2010 at 23:48:14

Wishing your own players to be injured is the lowest of the low.
Paul Olsen
10   Posted 15/08/2010 at 23:49:14

Anand Rabheru and Joe McMahon.

You two are just sad.
Eric Myles
11   Posted 16/08/2010 at 06:40:22

Alex #7, it was interesting to see the starting line-ups of several teams on Saturday not featuring players that are rumoured to be leaving their respective clubs, including The Yak.

Cotton balling them so they don't get injured and scupper any deals perhaps? Notable exceptions were Milner and Mascherano.

Anthony Hughes
12   Posted 16/08/2010 at 10:34:00

Who cares what's wrong with him, total waste of space.
Dick Fearon
13   Posted 16/08/2010 at 12:14:00

Anthony #12, Victor at his worst still offers more to the team effort than the current incumbent of Right mid.
Anthony Hughes
14   Posted 16/08/2010 at 12:57:08

I'm no great Ossie fan but at least the lad has a first touch,control and quick feet and will chip in with the odd goal.Victor doesn't seem to display any sign of a football brain and his only method of playing seems to be of the battering ram variety.
Anthony Hughes
15   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:08:53

When he is actually fit i should add.
Richard Parker
16   Posted 16/08/2010 at 11:00:21

Anand and Joe, sort yourselves out. Wishing an injury on anyone is twattish, wishing it on one of our own is idiotically twattiish, especially 2 fellas who are Everton through and through.

Anand Rabheru
17   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:21:34

Paul, Richard, agree with you totally and it was a stupid comment by me! I got injured at 21 and couldnt play anymore so injuries are something I do not wish on anyone! It was a stupid frustrated comment so to that I apologise!

My point was tho, Ossie, Hibbert, Vic, Neville all seem to be getting slaughtered week in week out by Blues and I just cant believe Cahill is seen as one of our better players!!! My opinion is that he is a weak link in our team and should not be in the starting 11. Playing just one up top, Rodwell offers us SO much more in the support role than Cahill or playing 2 up top, it should be Yak and Becks with Tim on the bench!
Anthony Hughes
18   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:31:28

Anand, how does Rodwell offer SO much more in the supporting role,how many times has he played there? Cahill averages nearly a goal every three games which is an excellent return for midfielder.
Richard Parker
19   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:32:08

Fair enough Anand.

Cahill is a tough call. I can't see that he offers a great deal to the team other than work rate and a goal threat.... but there's 2 things which are massively in his favour and that's his knack of getting us important goals and our win ratio with him in the side, compared to that without him.

I think it's unfortunate that he's so one-dimensional, but I'd still be loathe to get rid.
Anand Rabheru
20   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:34:06

We look more of a threat with Rodwell going forward than Cahill. When Cahill plays in that role, his only threat comes from set pieces and his headering, which again, IMO is not as good as what it used to be whether thats becoz of other teams marking him tighter or something else. How often do you see Cahill have a decent shot at goal or put a through ball through or take a man on and have a pop at goal? You see that with Rodwell and for me, Cahill starts every game (when fit), never gets taken off and i dont agree with that. I think he would be a better impact player with 20-30 mins to go.

Also, would we play less hoof ball without Cahill up top/behind the 1 striker?!?!?
Anand Rabheru
21   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:39:48

Richard, I like Cahill dont get me wrong, but Everton FC has moved forward since when he first joined us. We are looking to be an attacking footballing team and the team has improved with footballers like Pieanaar, Arteta, Fellaini and Rodwell... Cahill has not improved in playing quick passing attacking football and for that reason, I don't think he has the impact he used to. As stated in my previous message, I think he would best be used as an impact player. Would him getting dropped give him a bit of kick up the backside and make him improve? Hopefully!!!
Richard Parker
22   Posted 16/08/2010 at 14:02:28

I don't see Cahill improving, I think his limitations are here to stay.

But I think comparing him to Rodwell is perhaps a bit like comparing apples and oranges. If I wanted to try to pidgeon-hole the two, I'd say Cahill is more of a second striker, whereas Rodwell is a cultured midfielder.

I think the problem yesterday was that the delivery in the final 3rd was poor. There were too many balls in front of the defence for Cahill to be effective arriving in the box.

I can see why Moyes persists, but I see the frustration as well. The problem with Cahill is that he can do nothing for 85 minutes, but win us the game... at which point do you think, he's not gonna get a goal today?
Anand Rabheru
23   Posted 16/08/2010 at 14:16:44

I agree Cahill is very limited in what he does...yes he may score in the last 5 mins, but could we not score more in the first 85 with a better attacking line up? Is Cahill one of our best 11? Not for me. It seems to remind me of the Gravesen situation where he would have a few mins a game where he would do something awesome, but apart from that we would be playing with 10 men as he wasnt effective enough during the game.

I would like to see us go into games with our best 11 and for me right now, I would love to see: Howard, Neville, Jags, Heitinga, Baines, Coleman, Arteta, Fellaini, Pienaar, Rodwell, Yak/Becks if we are going to continue with 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 (Coleman playing RM, i think he has shown pace and skill to be useful on RM).
Ian McDowell
24   Posted 17/08/2010 at 01:06:03

Anand Rabheru

How about Cahills 2 headers from set pieces v Villa, yes people mark him tight and he still does the business.