Craig Bellamy

Being widely reported that Bellamy is on his way to Everton in a loan deal. He will undoubtedly have a point to prove but keep him away from the golf clubs..??!!
Alex Gibney, London     Posted 15/08/2010 at 17:31:30

Comments

Kunal Desai
1   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:12:01

Various rumours doing the rounds and other internet postings that Bellamy will join early next week... watch this space.

Seems to be backed up in the link below...

Kunal Desai
2   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:11:26

If this happens he would be a controversial signing because of his attitude and temperament, if Moyes can sort him out then we would very much provide that width on the right which were crying out for. With it being a loan if it doesn't workout atleast we can send him back packing. I'd welcome him.
Dean Adams
3   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:14:59

Pace and proven quality, there are bound to be those who complain about his attitude, but surely not his pedigree.
Charles King
4   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:23:41

If true, I welcome him.

I checked one of the City web sites last night, virtually universal acclaim for his efforts last year and many questioning Mancini's judgement in letting him go.

Marc Pantling
5   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:27:26

After Mancini stated that he wouldn't allow any of his players to be sold or loaned to rival clubs, does this mean Man City do not belive we will be anywhere near them come the end of the season? In my opinion we shall be fighting them for 4th or 5th place come May 2011.
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
6   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:51:03

"Widely reported"??? I'm not finding anything other than forum chatter, and betting odds hardly count.

Send me a link and I'll put it up in our Rumour Mill.
Carl Moulton
7   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:58:04

Redknapp is on Sky Sports saying Bellamy on his way to Fulham. What is going on with Yakubu, is he off??
Dick Anderson
8   Posted 15/08/2010 at 18:59:58

Craig "Gobshite" Bellamy.

At the rate in which he moves clubs it was only a matter of time before he landed on Everton.

Everton are one of the few big clubs Bellamy hasn't played for. I had hoped we had dodged a bullet when he was talking about retiring but I guess Everton aren't that lucky.

Please be just a rumor. Please be just a rumor. Please be just a rumor. Please be just a rumor. Please be just a rumor. Please be just a rumor.
Brendan O'Doherty
9   Posted 15/08/2010 at 19:05:45

If it's not even at the level of "SSN understand that.....", then it can't yet be considered 'widely reported'.

And they "understand" quite a lot of things which turn out to be wrong.
Ian Barker
10   Posted 15/08/2010 at 19:08:40

Sky Sports reporting that he is off to Cardiff ? so we have missed a trick on this one, we could've really used his pace and work rate (glad though as he is a first class idiot).
Andy Crooks
11   Posted 15/08/2010 at 19:22:02

Dick Anderson, Bellamy is hugely talented and demands the best from his team mates. He is a hateful fucker but I 'd love him to be our hateful fucker.
Mike Green
12   Posted 15/08/2010 at 19:53:02

I'm with you 100% Andy Crooks. If we could get him we'd be mad to turn it down, he'd be awesome.
Ian McDowell
13   Posted 15/08/2010 at 20:49:19

Not too many defenders would enjoy playing against Cahill and Bellamy.
David Hodgson
14   Posted 15/08/2010 at 20:57:49

Yep, I've always disliked him, but on his day can be shit hot, pace in abundance and a proper eye for goal; worth a loan chance... at least methinks!

I cant see it tho ? far to flamboyant for Moyesie.

Kevin Hudson
15   Posted 15/08/2010 at 21:07:27

Yes, yes, yes ? please make it be true, and to hell with the snooty voices of indignation!!
Nick Entwistle
16   Posted 15/08/2010 at 21:23:54

Hmmm, I like that I like all our players. Can't say I like the git and can't say we need him. How many strikers do we need in a squad that plays one up front?
Gerry Quinn
17   Posted 15/08/2010 at 21:25:32

One of the most obnoxious twats in the Premier League ? with him and Tim Cahill up for it weekly, I can imagine how we would play... I'm all for it.

I saw his reaction to that Fellaini "twizzle-move" last season, and he was honest enough to pat Marou on the back. Can't stand Bell-End Amy, but I'm blue through and through ? no sweat with what he'd provide up front for us ? you won't see him "strolling" around or ball-watching like Yak and Saha do at times.

Mark Griffiths
18   Posted 15/08/2010 at 21:33:51

Yes, he is a pain in the arse, but he would give us the extra pace, directness and energy that we need and a loan move would be ideal. But from what I have seen on SSN and heard on talk sport etc, he is on his way to Cardiff. WTF, seems odd to me as he must have many choices available, why Cardiff? Surely he wants to be playing at the top level and they cannot afford big wages? What a waste if he goes there!
Eugene Ruane
19   Posted 15/08/2010 at 21:40:36

A snarling bad-tempered nark.

He reacts to defeat like a petulant child and he's got a fucking big mouth.

Or, to put it another way, what Everton have needed for years.
James Stewart
20   Posted 15/08/2010 at 21:56:20

Quality player and he is more dangerous than any of the current strikers we have. Sad but true.

I was under the impression he was signing for Fulham, though... which would make more sense.
Shaun Brennan
21   Posted 15/08/2010 at 21:57:51

Talksport has it rumoured that's he's going to Cardiff. Just heard it there about a hour or so ago.
Joeynkoo Ludden
22   Posted 15/08/2010 at 22:00:11

He's a runt, I hope this is more rumour rubbish.
Albert Perkins
23   Posted 15/08/2010 at 21:55:10

OK, so there's a lot not to like about Bellamy. He could upset the china tea pot at half-time, get under the skin of his team-mates and cause general dissent.

On the other hand, he can play a bit. His efforts for Man City were tremendous. Maybe things are a bit too cosy in the dressing room. Maybe a bit of dressing down is needed from time to time.

I heard that some of our successful players in the 80s were not above pinning their underperforming colleagues against the wall at half-time to turn things around.

Maybe Bellamy is the missing piece that adds a bit of steel to the squad. And the combination of Cahill and Bellamy would scare the poop out of any defence. He would feel he has a lot to prove because he missed out on his big chance of universal success at Man City.

Anyway, whatever. Takes my mind off Saturday...
Peter Bradshaw
24   Posted 15/08/2010 at 22:07:48

Bellamy is off to Cardiff on six month loan, his hometown club.
Fran Mitchell
25   Posted 15/08/2010 at 22:22:31

I wish this was true... but I don't believe it is. He is a great player, and one Moyes would get the best out of. Very quick (more so than Donovan), great finishing ability, ability to score anywhere on the pitch; experience, and that never say die attitude we love.

He is an Andy Johnson who has been in the gym and runs at the goal rather than away from the goal. He could lead the line or play on the wing.

I wish this was true.
Ian McDowell
26   Posted 15/08/2010 at 22:56:46

I don't understand how Cardiff, who are in financial dire straits, can hope to complete this deal?
Sean McCarthy
27   Posted 15/08/2010 at 23:09:33

He's an annoying little shit......and I'd love him to be our annoying little shit!! Imagine him scoring against the RS? Priceless......
Darren Dempsey
28   Posted 15/08/2010 at 23:31:21

Can't see it happening to be honest. Would love him at Everton but I just dont see it coming off.
Paul Olsen
29   Posted 15/08/2010 at 23:50:49

Nasty on the pitch, but his off-pitch actions would tell you that this guy is actually a very nice fellow. Bellamy puts more money into charity than most Premier League footballers, and by that i mean at least more than 95%. I like a nasty footballer as long as he plays for Everton.

To be honest, who wouldn't want to crack Riise's bones with a golf club?
Brendan O'Doherty
30   Posted 15/08/2010 at 23:55:21

Didn't he say when he joined the RS that it was his "dream move", because he'd always supported them?

But I suppose beggars can't be choosers...
Luke Dunn
31   Posted 16/08/2010 at 00:06:10

Would be a great signing, we need pace. Surely no-one listens to what players say... they are so fickle.
Alan Kirwin
32   Posted 16/08/2010 at 01:05:42

"widely reported" should read "Hmm, I just had a thought". It's so "widely reported" that it appears nowhere on Google.

Next...
Chris Leyland
33   Posted 16/08/2010 at 01:23:26

Has anyone actually ever seen Bellamy and Heitinga at the same time or are they actually the same person?
Tommy Meehan
34   Posted 16/08/2010 at 03:14:25

Hahah, Chris... maybe that's why Heitinga couldn't play yesterday; he was at Finch Farm having his medical.
Chad Schofield
35   Posted 16/08/2010 at 03:14:25

Yep, having the ball punted vaguely at him from 25 yards while he's marked by two or more players would soon make him less prolific, and with his wasp-like nature he could tell the world how shite we are compared to the likes of Sheik City.
Mark Burslem
36   Posted 16/08/2010 at 04:46:18

Many teams have a player that is hated by other supporters.... UNTIL THAT PLAYER MOVES TO THEIR CLUB !!!!!!!

Bellamy winds people up and is a pain in the arse but is a great player. I would love him to play for us, even on loan.

I don't believe he is greedy financially, but wages could be a problem. We have a great team spirit and I don't think that would be an issue.
Alan Clarke
37   Posted 16/08/2010 at 08:09:28

Matk, he winds his own team mates up and pisses off his manager. He is hated because he is a dickhead.

This would be a backwards step. People are getting desperate just because we lose one game. We do need pace but not Bellamy. Moyes should be doing everything he can to get Donovan back. If that means raising funds by selling other players then so be it.

A disloyal trouble making 31 year old who already rejected us by moving to Blackburn is not the answer.
Jason Lam
38   Posted 16/08/2010 at 09:26:49

Eugene Ruane #19 that's exactly what I've been saying about this Moyes era. Too many choir boys in the squad. I would expect the players to go mental if they lost. Even if it was a training match. Going through the motions and no passion. Which is what you need to break down a Blackburn.
Chris Fisher
39   Posted 16/08/2010 at 10:04:38

I'd have him, no doubt, he's a better player and finisher than Donovan, just not as nice! Don't get me wrong, I think Donovan is a great player but push comes to shove I would take Bellamy over him just because goals win games and he's more likely to get goals. Hope it's true... it will probably be just another rumour though! I have heard though that Man City are more willing to see him go to us only because they are still trying to smooth over the bad feelings between the clubs over the Lescott transfer.
Anthony Hughes
40   Posted 16/08/2010 at 10:23:58

Bellamy may have many faults but he's a fucking good footballer and as a winners attitude.I'd love him at Everton where we could play him down our piss poor right hand.So what he wouldn't be a dyed in the wool Evertonian(how many of our players are) but he's a professional and he would without a doubt give us passion and pace in his performances if we had him here.
Adam Fenlon
41   Posted 16/08/2010 at 10:56:14

I can't believe so many other TWers would apparently be happy cheering for this little shit just because he might be happy to take our money to wear a blue shirt..... even if we did sign him I'd still wish a serious injury on him!
Alex Gibney
42   Posted 16/08/2010 at 11:09:08

So long as we persist with Osman in the team we will never do anything. He is just too lightweight. He has the very odd good game but in the main just not good enough....we need to be far more ruthless. Bellamy would fit that bill if we can get him...
Andrew Ellams
43   Posted 16/08/2010 at 11:15:00

BBC say he is training with Cardiff and I still haven't seen anything linking him with us so this all looks pretty pointless anyway.
Mark Pierpoint
44   Posted 16/08/2010 at 11:31:57

i have always agreed with the popular consensus on Bellamy. Trouble causer, (think Kieron Dyer scrap and Golf-Gate) but i watched his press conference for Wales and Luxembourg, and what struck me was his eloquance in front of the camera. Yes he is a firey personality put channelled properly he would be a success at our club. If he goes to Cardiff fair enough, but it would be such a waste. We should be pulling out all the stops here
Carl Moulton
45   Posted 16/08/2010 at 11:57:14

What I cant understand is how we are leaving an 11 million pound striker out of the squad when we look so short of goals up front. Was he not starting to get a bit of form back towards the end of the season?
Tony J Williams
46   Posted 16/08/2010 at 12:13:58

Carl, probably the extra 2 stone he is carrying may have something to do about it.
Andrew Warrender
47   Posted 16/08/2010 at 12:44:40

Michael - The echo have the story on their website

Gerry Western
48   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:37:20

If he does come we might need another thread to discuss his first partner for a round of golf. My money would be on Osman, who of course will need reminding to bring his balls. Lets hope Bellar's doesn't forget to bring his clubs
Carl Moulton
49   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:41:26

Good point, Tony, saying that, he's never been skinny!!! We need to get him fit to play or to sell. One way or the another get him off the pies.
James Marshall
50   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:52:57

Considering our fractious relationship with City and the fact that they've said they won't sell or loan players to rival clubs, surely this is a dead-duck?

Bellamy has also said he favours a move to Spurs hasn't he? Plus its now being widely reported (unlike Bellamy to Everton) that he's going to train with Cardiff for the foreseeable future.

All in all I'd say the chances of us signing Bellamy are very very low.

Now, whats going on with Loic Remy??
Richard Parker
51   Posted 16/08/2010 at 13:36:13

Bellamy is an absolute tosser, but he's a very good player and he has exactly the attributes that we are crying out for...

I can't decide whether I'd be happy or not to have him. It really would be a case of wait and see how it pans out, if he were to come.

The main concern that I'd have is that he seems to cause problems at every club he plays for.
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
52   Posted 16/08/2010 at 14:03:18

Thanks, Andrew.
Tony I'Anson
53   Posted 16/08/2010 at 15:14:09

Was Andy Gray considered a loud mouthed, unlikeable, pain in the arse, but good footballer to all and sundrie in the league, including Everton fans ? until he signed for us!
Tony J Williams
54   Posted 16/08/2010 at 16:25:07

Gobshite... but a good player all the same.
Derek Thomas
55   Posted 17/08/2010 at 09:28:39

How does it go again???......Oh yes.

NICE GUYS COME SECOND.
Brendan O'Doherty
56   Posted 18/08/2010 at 03:40:34

It seems that City will be paying his £90k pw wages while he is in the Championship.

Utterly obscene.