Everton 3 - 0 Wolves

I've got great news everyone!

Our Kid's just invented this time machine and he asked me where I fancied going. I said Goodison Park, this Saturday, 3pm.

Next thing I know I'm sat in the Gwladys, Z-Cars is ringing in my ears and the boys are running out and the next 90 minutes are, quite frankly, a joy. Here were some of the standout performances:

Howard - not much to do but two blinding saves and keeping the penalty out helped us push on to victory.

Back four - solid, great work down the left by Baines linking up with Pienaar who still not quite at the races put a shift in and set up 2nd goal.

Arteta and Rodwell - what a combination in the middle of the park! Ran the shown and Rodwell's winner must be highlight of MotD...?

Saha and Beckford - did their jobs, Saha getting 1st, Beckford on as sub looking really sharp and clinical final goal.

What were we worrying about? Blackburn clearly did a job and we weren't ready for them. Oh well, this is the start of our season now, we were brilliant. I've seen the future....

ps: Saturday night's Lotto numbers are 22, 24, 26, 28, 38, 40....
Mike Green, High Wycombe     Posted 17/08/2010 at 09:02:21

Comments

Charles McCann
1   Posted 17/08/2010 at 14:22:49

I'm sure most will agree that last Saturday was a bit of a disaster. I feel that, this Saturday, Moyes needs to be braver and more positive with his team selection. The team on Saturday that I would like to see would be as follows...

Mucha deserving a chance now in goal, the back four should include Coleman, Jagielka, Distin and Baines. In the midfield, I would like to see Arteta and Pienaar on the wings with Fellaini and Rodwell in the centre. Up-front I would have the Yak being supported from a little deeper by Cahill.

With this sort of line-up I feel we could definitely challenge for a top 4 position this year. With regards Howard, whilst believing he is a good professional, I never have confidence in him and would much prefer if Moyes gave Mucha an opportunity or else go out and snap up Shay Given.

Brendan O'Doherty
2   Posted 17/08/2010 at 14:25:32

Sounds like you've been on the wacky baccy, Mike.
Chris Keightley
3   Posted 17/08/2010 at 14:34:44

Sounds great, Mike ? however, I do not think we will beat Wolves, honestly!

I think they will be good for a draw, they got a good result Saturday; they will be buzzing from that, and will carry that optimism into this game.

They will also note that if they can keep Arteta or Pienaar quiet, they may even scrape a narrow win. I want to be optimistic but, in my opinion, the way we lost with a whimper on Saturday is not a one off.
James Kerfoot
4   Posted 17/08/2010 at 14:48:03

Optimistic yet realistic Mike.....Wait...but no mention of another sterling Osman display?..

You must be smacked of you tits....
Nick Entwistle
5   Posted 17/08/2010 at 14:50:42

I'd put us down for a three nil as well. Goodison will be rocking.
Anthony Hughes
6   Posted 17/08/2010 at 14:55:31

Will that be an Ossie hat trick with three lovely through balls on the deck from Neville?
Alan Clarke
7   Posted 17/08/2010 at 15:03:08

You're wrong, our season doesn't start until November.
Eugene Ruane
8   Posted 17/08/2010 at 15:04:50

I KNEW that Lidl time machine was too good to be true.

0-0 it said (and the lotto numbers were 123456!!)

No good being cheap if it doesn't fucking work!

(on the plus side, delighted about the three nil)
Ciarán McGlone
9   Posted 17/08/2010 at 15:11:21

Fuck's sake... Fantasyland... and you still didn't allow Hibbert a 40-yard blinder...

Shame on ye.
Ray Robinson
10   Posted 17/08/2010 at 15:34:52

@Charles: "Mucha deserving a chance now in goal,"

What precisely has he done to deserve a start? He's unproven at PL level to my mind. Pitch him in against Huddersfield, maybe ....
Jason Heng
11   Posted 17/08/2010 at 15:40:38

Anyone got a pet octopus?
Anthony Hughes
12   Posted 17/08/2010 at 16:17:37

Do you think we could the play the octopus down the right hand side?
Kunal Desai
13   Posted 17/08/2010 at 16:58:52

Not too sure of a 3-0 win, think it'll be much closer.1-0 and the first 3 points on the board.
David Hallwood
14   Posted 17/08/2010 at 18:35:26

The good news, I put the lottery numbers on and they came up, the bad news so had the other 180 Toffeewebbers
Mike Allison
15   Posted 17/08/2010 at 21:45:28

Why the clamour to play our best player (Arteta) out of position (on the right)?

Madness.
Chris Kennedy
16   Posted 17/08/2010 at 21:48:22

I think you've more chance with the lotto numbers...:)
Kevin Hudson
17   Posted 17/08/2010 at 21:57:52

Good fun that Mike.

And good to see a shaft of positivity counterbalancing the stygian pessimists predictably doing their thing.

I would certainly expect the boys to be busting a gut to atone for Blackburn, and I'm counting the hours until I take my seat in the Gwladys, which will be bouncing...

3-0. Not unrealistic.
Duncan McDine
18   Posted 17/08/2010 at 22:11:03

Was it a flying Delorean?

I'm gonna make like a tree, and get the hell outta here...
Kevin Hudson
19   Posted 17/08/2010 at 23:14:49

Would your kid let me borrow his time machine, so I can go back and learn how to spell Gwladys properly, Mike?!

Doh..
Tommy Meehan
20   Posted 17/08/2010 at 23:20:52

Reckon it was a tiny picture of a flying Delorean on a small piece of paper, Duncan.
Colin Noon
21   Posted 17/08/2010 at 23:34:31

I am actually considering placing a bet on us to win 3-0. not because of this post tho :) haha!!

1st Goal - Hibbert backheel from the edge our area (LEFT FOOTED)...

2nd Goal - Distin 60 yard screamer

3rd Goal - Saha.... more chance on the 1st 2 on current form... Doh!
Matteo Rosingana
22   Posted 18/08/2010 at 00:01:09

Thanks Mike, lifted the spirits that did. Hope it comes true. PS I'm out the country, can you stick a quid on the lotto for us? ta.
Jimmy Hacking
23   Posted 18/08/2010 at 00:05:34

I actually think we'll destroy Wolves, 5-0 I reckon; this isn't a joke.
Adam Fenlon
24   Posted 18/08/2010 at 01:40:45

Better off going backwards and watching Dixie set the scoring record against the Arse!
John Maxwell
25   Posted 18/08/2010 at 02:14:12

Next season is going to massive for the club...