How much longer?

No Coleman, Hibbert preferred? Distin ahead of World Cup Final centre-half Heitinga, no Rodwell? Beckford taken off for the ever lazy looking Saha ? when was his last goal again?

And if that wasn't bad enough, Davey's love child, Osman, gets a chance to turn the game!? How much longer are we to be expected to put up with Dithering Davey's puzzling team selection?

Ok, not pushing the panic button, but how many of us got the opening two fixtures and thought, hhmmmm 6 points to start the season? My solution is simple: play the best players in their best positions! ie, Coleman is our best right back, so... PLAY HIM!! Distan is a good centre half, but Johnny is better than him so... PLAY HIM!!! Rodwell is better than Neville and Osman so... you get the jist by now!

I am sorry if it upsets anyone but Neville, Hibbert, Osman, Distin etc should only play if we have injuries ? surely its not just me thinking this?!
Matt Boden, Liverpool     Posted 22/08/2010 at 10:37:06

Comments

John Audsley
1   Posted 22/08/2010 at 15:51:04

Agree with alot of that but reckon Distin was MOM for us yesterday

A truly desperate start to the season and that 2nd half performance drove me to utter depression

Cant wait for the usual Pip or Ossie sound bites in the Echo this week promising more hardwork on the training ground or its only a blip

Its the tactics that disturb me the most - we dont seem to have any and defo no plan b when things go tits up

Saha looks like he needs a rocket up his arse, never seen a player look so uninterested

Its all very disturbing
John Audsley
2   Posted 22/08/2010 at 15:57:29

Also im no Osman hater but surely we all can see that at the moment he offers NOTHING to the team

to bring him on rather than Rodwell against one of the toughest/nastiest teams in the league was unbelievable

We seem totally clueless at the moment but if ex Red Shite MacDonald stays in charge of Villa then i reckon we can turn them over with 8 men!!! 6 - 0 to Newcastle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sean McCarthy
3   Posted 22/08/2010 at 16:29:54

Coleman is not the new messiah and is not our best right back!! The clamour for him to start is bordering on desperation!! Quite clearly moyes doesn't think he's ready and quite a few agree with him!!
Ray Robinson
4   Posted 22/08/2010 at 16:33:45

Distin would get my vote ahed of Jags at the moment.
Chris Leyland
5   Posted 22/08/2010 at 16:51:07

At last some sensible comments thanks to Sean McCarthy. This clamour for Coleman as if he is the answer to everything is beyond me. The lad has very few games at a decent level under his belt and was paying in the Crappy Irish league not so long ago. Miyes wint play Heitinga and Jags together as thus would leave us short of height at the back. The one thing I do agree with is the failure to use Rodwell
Chris Leyland
6   Posted 22/08/2010 at 16:51:07

Rob Wilkinson
7   Posted 22/08/2010 at 17:17:43

I don't like Hibbert but credit where it's due he was a contender 4 MOM as 4 Distin he should be renamed Neo coz he moves that fucking slowly, sumone should take a gun 2 training and remind him that he CANNOT dodge bullets!
Micheal Lynch
8   Posted 22/08/2010 at 17:35:07

Its simple really Moyes is tactically inept and with him in charge of our best squad in years they will not achieve. Yes there will be plus points and of course stability and we will be there or there abouts for the europa league position but playing a defensive system against Blackburn and Wolves. Need I say anymore. Go Back to the cup final and chelsea exploiting Hibbert and Osman. Thats 2 years ago and what do we still have yes hibbert and Osman or billy. Other managers must be laughing. He has his plus points in fairness as he has assembled this squad on peanuts but sorry we wont go forward and thats that
Terry Hayes
9   Posted 22/08/2010 at 17:40:52

If Jermaine Beckford has never had his confidence dented before, then he fuckin has now! "If we'd had big money we'd have gone for a top class striker but we had to go down different routes"... nice one, Moysie!
Gavin Ramejkis
10   Posted 22/08/2010 at 17:59:41

Sean, Moyes also appears to think Osman is a right winger despite fucking years of contrary evidence. Chris you cant have it both ways about Coleman and his appearance against Spurs netting him the MOTM and DM's subs on Saturday actually making the team weaker than the one that started the game, DM isn't the messiah either and whats worse is he keeps making the same fucking mistakes with subs yet not a jot about his failings which have been seen in two out of two games already this season.
Viv Sharma
11   Posted 22/08/2010 at 18:02:47

Why is everyone either SO positive or SO anti Coleman!?
I thnk he has looked superb in the glimpses I have seen of him. Yes he is inexperienced but theres only one way to rectify that.
Hibbo has always been a rock for us. No he can't pass but by god can he tackle so why not give coleman a chance as this would be a very positive start to the game and then we have HIbbo to sure things up if we need him.
We need to play our young promising stars. Not just because they need experience, but SO WE HAVE A CHANCE OF WINNING A GAME THIS SEASON!!!!!
David Hallwood
12   Posted 22/08/2010 at 18:05:42

To my mind Moyes is trying to solve the riddle of our right side and that is screwing up his team selection. The latest one was to split Baines & Pienaar up and the result was not very good. But he's tried god knows how many players out there and none of them have been convincing. For my money, it is the top priority to get a quality wide right player-or change the formation, but that's another thread
Sam Hoare
13   Posted 22/08/2010 at 18:16:06

The biggest question for me is why oh why oh why have we not signed some sort of right winger this summer. I'm not asking for Aaron Lenon or Jesus Navas (though would be nice) but surely the tranfer fees we got from Ruddy and Jutkiewicz could hae gone on a nippy fella with good touch from somewhere.

Maybe Gueye is that player in which case... play him
Michael Lynch
14   Posted 22/08/2010 at 18:11:44

Osman has obviously got some video footage of Dave and Bill in a compromising situation.

But seriously Moyes team selection and substitutions is baffling. Yesterday the second half performance was crying out for some speed and energy, so why didnt he bring on Coleman and/or Gueye? Jack Rodwell, the finest English midfield talent since Steven Gerrard is kept out of the team because Moyes wont play Johnny at centre half. Bizzare and frustrating.

Come on Ossie hand over the footage....
Chris Sillett
15   Posted 22/08/2010 at 18:57:49

I would be disappointed to see Distin being dropped as he has been one of our better players in the two games so far. Its a difficult situation with Heitinga as the two positions he plays in we have too many players to pick from. There is no point breaking up the Jags/Distin partnership unless one of them suffers a dip in form. As for the defensive midfield role we have Heitinga, Rodwell and Fellaini and personally i dont know who is the best player to pick from but somebody will be unhappy at being left out thats for sure.
Eugene Ruane
16   Posted 22/08/2010 at 18:52:17

I'm not writing this because we've only got a point from two winnable games THIS season. This is something that's been bugging me for a few seasons (yes, even when we've qualified for 'Europe'). Playing more 'expansive' football with 'riskier' selections might not win us many more games, but it would make going to the match a fuck of a sight more exciting/enjoyable. This let's scrape a 1-0 and be content with any type of a win is fucking depressing, as is the fact that it's not going to change anytime soon (Moyes, leopard, spots, etc). Imho, an insane, drunken ape with both eyes gouged out (by...er...an Eagle) would pick Coleman. NOT because he's the second coming, but because he gives us more options than Hibbert. I can't remember who said it (apologies), but someone recently posted that they thought the only chance we'll have of seeing an Everton side with the potential to really 'go for it' will come when certain players (see above) are crocked and the selection is taken out of Moyes hands. Strongly agree.
Sean McKenna
17   Posted 22/08/2010 at 19:20:46

Simlpes, if Moyes has the balls...... Team selection for home games:

Howard; Coleman, Baines, Heitinga, Distin; Arteta Pienaar, Rodwell, Fellaini, Saha, Beckford.

Away from home, only change: Hibbert for Coleman. Give that team 10 games in a row, if possible, and watch the football flow.

John McLoughlin
18   Posted 22/08/2010 at 20:12:14

I like Hibbert both him & Neville will provide a steady level of play, they wont let us down. We know there level , Coleman may not be the messiah but the potential is there to be better than Neville & Hibbert, scraping by will only get us to the current level, Moyes has to decide to take a chance and try and make a step up but it may go wrong or stay at this level. At home to Wolves it was a risk worth taking
John Boden
19   Posted 22/08/2010 at 20:15:06

Matt your'e wasting your'e time on this site with any comments that are even remotely linked to 'Dithering Davie's ' team selections . Osman , Hibbert , Neville , Distin and that money grabbing little twat Pienaar should not even make the bench ( unless were fucked with injuries ) , but as we have witnessed repeatedly these shower are his bedrock , so in essence were fucked for the next 3.5 years whilst this negative one dimensional prick is at the helm . Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to eat my words and see my son of 20 watch Everton win silverware , but there's more chance of Barca replacing Messi with Osman than that happening !

Coyb Ftrs
Robert Pierpoint
20   Posted 22/08/2010 at 20:14:03

Suppose everybody is getting a little deperate at the moment, and it is to be expected after saturday. More dissapointed with that result (albeit with a decent first half performance) than with the previous weekend.

Clearly the right side is a problem, as is the striker. Unfortunatley as I have wriiten previously, I don't believe that we have the answer in our current squad in terms of striker, none of them are good or consistent enough. The signing of Beckford showing how little money and therefore option we do have.

Clearly Osman is not the answer for the right side of midfield, therefore unless we sign somebody new we have to make do with what we have in the squad:

Bily lacks pace, and is forced to cut inside. He will not offer crosses and assists, but can chip in with goals.

Arteta has played this position and for a time made it his own. His crossing ability is good, but he also lacks pace. Arteta is also our best player (when on form) and surely has to play in his most effective and best position.

To me that leaves Rodwell. We hear talk of Spanish and Dutch youngsters not finding their positions until late etc...Whilst he is young and willing to play why cant we move him out there. We are not automatically looking for a traditional winger, but simply somebody who can attack from a wide(r) position. The lad has pace, technical ability and a willingness to play. If we have the closest to an embarrassment of riches in centre midfield with Heitinga, Arteta and Felliani going for 2 places, why doesnt Moyes consider playing a young Rodwell in a slightly different position?
Ian Smitham
21   Posted 22/08/2010 at 21:05:29

John, Just wondered when you have seen better?
Matthew Lovekin
22   Posted 22/08/2010 at 21:03:08

What I don't understand after watching our pre-season games is our best players in those games were Rodwell, Coleman and Gueye.

Those three players have hardly kicked a ball between them so far. Moyes gave them a chance in pre-season, they did well, so he doesn't play them in the PL. Why?
Ian Smitham
23   Posted 22/08/2010 at 21:08:47

Chris

"Unless one suffers a drop in form."

Where was Jags for the goal?

Just who plays most hoofball? Joey? really?
Ian Smitham
24   Posted 22/08/2010 at 21:13:57

Micheal

Time flies- 2 years ago?

The last time you went to a cup final was?
Ian Smitham
25   Posted 22/08/2010 at 21:16:29

Sean and Chris, Thanks for some sanity.

I am working on the basis that Jack will be gradually introduced to an extremely physical job that a young man will take time to grow in to and needs to be used occasionally at the outset before the real business end starts in say January. A mile behind him, having had the one outing is Coleman who i am sure will be gradually inducted.

In the meantime for those who were not at the game (if you dont know them you dont.....) and for those that were there, if you were being honest rather than jumping on an easy bandwaggon.....How did Tony play ? I suppose then the question is " Who would you prefer? and at what price? and finally at the back bearing in mind his job description is to defend who would you rather play against less?

Ian Smitham
26   Posted 22/08/2010 at 21:27:29

Soz

Typo

The lad who used to sit next to me about 10 years ago used to say " If you dont go then you dont know*
Sean McCarthy
27   Posted 22/08/2010 at 22:31:05

I've no doubt rodwell will be 1st choice sometime soon. But Coleman won't be and rightly so. He's not ready. Simple as that. Even gerrard had to be eased into the PL by the RS a few years ago and even played at right back a few times. Now there's a thought....................,or maybe not!!
Brendan O'Doherty
28   Posted 22/08/2010 at 22:24:06

"as we have witnessed repeatedly these shower are his bedrock , so in essence were fucked for the next 3.5 years whilst this negative one dimensional prick is at the helm"

Shameful, coming from an Everton supporter.

Disappointing as the start of the season has been, I am driven to despair by the reaction of some of our supporters, and the abuse they are giving to the players and manager.

I thought we were better than that at Everton. Obviously I was wrong.
Mike Green
29   Posted 22/08/2010 at 22:54:55

Spot on Brendan. The bleeting and non-support that goes on on this site is unbelievable. No class.

Can you imagine what would be going on if we'd had the result that Villa had today....................?

Frightening.
Colin Noon
30   Posted 22/08/2010 at 22:56:44

Brendan - I was told to "get my head out of my arse" on a thread because I gave my opinion on 1 or 2 of the people who are supposedly supportes of our football club. The negativity and defeatist attitude that runs through this website is appaling. I am new to this site and I have to say I am shocked by what I have read after 2 games.

Onwards and upwards I say.... or maybe not, I dont know anymore, what I do know is some people on here straight up depress me!
Colin Noon
31   Posted 22/08/2010 at 22:56:44

Brendan O'Doherty
32   Posted 22/08/2010 at 23:10:54

I saw that Colin.

You hang on in there lad and "don't let the buggers get to you" as someone famously once said.

Although I'm finding it difficult to do that myself. The reaction and abuse being dished out is now bothering me more than the 2 results.

We're better than them.
Colin Noon
33   Posted 22/08/2010 at 23:23:57

Yes Brendan I totally agree. People are obvioulsy going to have a difference of opinion, thats fine and expected, after all it is a forum!!

But as you so rightly pointed, some comments on here are totally mis-guided and downright appalling. I for 1 will continue to support Everton Football Club through thick and thin even if I dont agree with team selections, tactics, transfers etc..

We must trust the manager to do the right thing, and I am sure he will. We have had a less than spectacular start thats painfully obvious, but when do we ever hit the ground running??

"The reaction and abuse being dished out is now bothering me more than the 2 results".

Ditto my friend.... Ditto
Colin Noon
34   Posted 22/08/2010 at 23:23:57

Ditto my friend.... Ditto
Mike Green
35   Posted 22/08/2010 at 23:31:55

Colin - careful my friend.... you are in danger of being labelled an "apologist".

This post'll be taken off - the labeller of "apologists" doesnt like anyone using the term other than him but you are amongst friends.

i.e. The Apologists. Of which - apparently - I am one :)
Larry Boner
36   Posted 22/08/2010 at 23:45:54

This is how I judge Evertons performances against Rovers and Wolves.
There is not one Blackburn player that would get into Evertons 1st choice team.
There is not one Wolves player that would get into Evertons 1st choice team.
How did we garner only one point out of the two games, 70% possesion at Blackburn, Wolves without several players at Goodison, but in the 2nd half Mr Moyes was tactically out thought by Mr McCarthyas he was by Allardyce.
Watched two performances today, Newcastle and Fulham, inferior sides to their opponents but took the game by the scruff of the neck and got their just reward.
Villa were shell shocked, but will we attack from the start next week or play it safe ? I dont know, but surely we must take the initiative ??

Andy Crooks
37   Posted 22/08/2010 at 23:46:25

Colin, Mike and Brendan are you serious? Why are you so intolerant of dissent? Some of the comments are pretty harsh but they are made by people who care.John Boden's comments aren't shameful they are a strongly worded view of the frustration many feel. Having said that I don't like the term apologist.
Tom Bowers
38   Posted 22/08/2010 at 23:54:01

Matt,I agree with what you say but not about Distin who is way better than Yobo and if Johnny H.plays with Jags we have a lack of inches to cope with giants like Crouch,Carroll and Zigic etc. The others should only be subs.We do need a Fellaini with full match fitness as he was playing so great when he got injured last season.Despite this we may still be a few players short of a top 4 team yet again.
Colin Noon
39   Posted 22/08/2010 at 23:53:51

Mike - It's good to see that there are a few of us (apologists or whatever we are called) who will continue to stick by our football club. Brendan also seems to have a level-headed approach to things which is comforting as a HELL OF A LOT of people here portrait the old Scottish guy from dads army with the "Were dooooomed" shout!!

Like I have said before, I am new to this site and was taken back by the amount of negativity that flows through the threads - some truely shocking...

But as long as I am as you say "amongst friends" then that will do for me :D

Apologists??? bit over the top

Then again so is calling for a change of manager and the introduction of Seamus Coleman as the new cafu after 2 games into the season.... hang on Iam seeing a connection here.

Thanks for the reasurance Mike.. keep the faith pal :)
Eugene Ruane
40   Posted 22/08/2010 at 23:51:14

We lose a game, we draw a game, we win a game, we win another game, we lose a game, we draw a game...and it's Christmas.

We win a game, we lose a game, we lose another game, we win a game, we win another game and another, we draw a game, we lose a game and...the season's over.

We won a few 1-0, we lost a few 1-0, few draws, one 4-1 win, one 4-0 defeat, we finish 9th.....or maybe 7th....or 8th...or 10th.

No trophies.

A couple of players leave on the cheap, a couple arrive on the cheap and.....we start all over again.

Same Chairman, same manager.

Albert Einstein - "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
Christopher McCullough
41   Posted 23/08/2010 at 00:03:18

Unfortunately, for geographical reasons, I'm unable to attend most games. So tune out now if that bothers you.
At the risk of rationalist ridicule I must admit my belief that all Evertonians, mainly those at Goodison, affect the result in quite a few games. Negative karma demands its toll, after all. I find myself in agreement with Balthasar Gracsian?s aphorism: ?Use human means as if there were no Devine means- Use Devine means as if there were no human means.?
What am I writing about? The supporter?s potential. Never taunt your own during the game. Turn Goodison into a vicious blue furnace for opponents. Will the team to win with your whole soul for 90 odd minutes.
Moyes and most of Everton?s employees have noticeable defects; however, it?s been proven that they also have admirable attributes. There is a small, absurd margin between success and failure. Let?s create a momentum.
Mike Green
42   Posted 23/08/2010 at 00:05:41

You're welcome Colin - and welcome also to the resistance.

Eugene - so what's your answer then Einstein? Sack Moyes?
Andy Crooks
43   Posted 23/08/2010 at 00:12:02

Christopher, I just read your post and my first thought was that you had wandered on to the wrong site. Balthasar Gracsian? Fuck me. Still, you raise a point that I am fully in agreement with. I hate to see any player get stick from his own supporters at a game. It is appalling and utterly unproductive. This is the forum to vent frustration. Never on match day.
Andy Crooks
44   Posted 23/08/2010 at 00:20:46

Mike Green, stop being a martyr. Before the season started the majority of posters on this site were talking of our great midfield and the sure knowledge that if we didn't win the league then champions league was nailed on. I disagreed and was lambasted for it. Fair enough. Can you not accept that many people fundamentally disagree with the tactics that have started our season?
Mike Green
45   Posted 23/08/2010 at 00:27:50

Andy - dont knock martyr's - there have been some crackers over the past few centuries.

I for one think we will still get Champions League Football. I also think we have one of the best midfields, if not the best.

They just need to settle down - as do you.
John Smith
46   Posted 23/08/2010 at 00:30:13

The season hasn't truly started until Phil Neville or Leon Osman begin their usual shite-talk in the Echo, the classic "sound-bites" such as "we can win tomorrow" "we fear no-one" etc, etc.

And also until we roll over to another piss-poor Liverpool side at Goodison, which will no doubt happen when we meet.

Everything with Everton is beginning to become a bit predictable; the shite start, talking about Champions League yet again - when we're actually light-years from being anywhere near Champions League quality and the no-doubt imminent derby defeat.

No doubt we'll pick up in mid December when it's far too late.

De-ja-vu springs to mind.
John Smith
47   Posted 23/08/2010 at 00:34:44

And Eugene #39

Well summed up I actually laughed, it is Everton all over these days.
Mike Green
48   Posted 23/08/2010 at 00:48:07

So whats the answer John? Eugene? Andy....?

I know! Lets get Peter Johnson and Walter Smith back - wha-hoo!!!!

Jeeeezz......
Brendan McLaughlin
49   Posted 23/08/2010 at 00:45:44

John #45
"the no-doubt imminent derby defeat"
-----------------------------------------------
Let's hope the players show a little more resiliance and belief than you!
Brendan O'Doherty
50   Posted 23/08/2010 at 01:10:04

"the no-doubt imminent derby defeat."

Perfect example of the defeatist tripe I'm on about.

Andy, Mike isn't a martyr. He just supports his team through thick and thin the same as I was brought up to do when I was very young. It seems to be you who has the persecution complex. Your comments are laced with sarcasm ("he who dares doubt the great David Moyes", to name but one), and then you get all defensive when someone criticises you, as if you are the lone voice of reason.

I have read dogs abuse after dogs abuse this week. On this thread alone almost every post was anti- Moyes or the players. Then I dare speak up, Colin and Mike agree with me, and you accuse us of being "intolerant of dissent." Utter bollocks.
Paul Olsen
51   Posted 23/08/2010 at 01:05:07

Hibbo: Can't pass, can't cross. A liability, championship material. Hopeless

Howard: A liability, no control of area, slow. Not one of the 13 best keepers in the PL

Distin: Hopeless, get rid! Slow(!), hoofball merchant, old, past it.

Jagielka: Hoofball merchant

Neville: Lost it(and never had it), horrible passer, not good defending, not good attacking... Talks too much shit on the OS.

Yobo: Lost it, concentration gone, get rid!

Baines: Not enough quality on his crossing, not good enough defensively.

Coleman: Poor positioning and defensively.

Cahill: One-dimensional, not skilful, what did he ever contribute???

Pienaar: Money-grabbing twat, lots of running, but no end-product.

Osman: The spawn of Beelzebub and Barbara Streisand. Hopeless, gutless, weak, poor, useless passenger.

Vaughan: Not gonna cut it, glass knees

Anichebe: Poor man's Heskey. Not good enough

Saha: Can't be arsed, Evil Knievel was less injured.

Yakubu: Fat, lost it! Lazy, waste of space

Beckford: Won't cut premiership standard. Poor touch

Bily: The most annoying player on the face of earth. Weak, drifts out

Arteta: Doesn't stamp enough authority on games.

Heitinga: Someone put him on his bike and point him towards Barcelona.
Fellaini: Once a waste of space and a large goon with a wig
Silva: A new Jutkiewicz

Moyes: Clueless, inept, dithering, tactically inept, one-dimensional, actually asks his players to sit back and give away goals.

BK: Liar, acts in own interests ahead of club. Won't sell the club because he only wants it for himself.

Media: Hates US more than anyone else.

Supporters???

Do we actually hate ourselves more than anyone?
Colin Malone
52   Posted 23/08/2010 at 03:16:55

Anyone who has played football will tell you, it takes 3, 4,even 5 games to get up to speed,even more so in the Premier League, the fastest game in the world.

Our great side of the eighties took a few games before they were up to speed, I remember Reidy and Dave Watson, it took them the same amount of games to get going.

So it's the wrong time to bring in the likes of Coleman. Moyes made four changes against Wolves, did it make any difference? A big fat NO.

David Moyes, Pick your best eleven, preferably 4-5-1, and keep it. Changes after one game, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. COYB.

Liu Weixian
53   Posted 23/08/2010 at 05:46:48

?Only two games into the season and SOME are having a go at the players, even the Spaniard is getting stick.?

Colin, why can?t we have a go at the players when they have clearly been disappointing? When they play well they deserve praise. Why they play like shite, they deserve criticism. Nobody should be immune from criticism. Nothing wrong at all.

?Anyone who has played football will tell you, it takes 3, 4,even 5 games to get up to speed, even more so in the Premier League, the fastest game in the world.?

It didn?t take the likes of Spurs and the Arse 3, 4, or 5 games to ?get up to speed?. The additions aside, Everton has basically the same squad for over a few seasons and surely they have known one another pretty well by now. The speed of the game is irrelevant.

Playing 4-5-1 against the likes of Wolves and Blackburn was not exactly very smart, considering the players we put out. Saha and Beckford, slight players both, were always going to be outmuscled. As a striker, having a strike partner would alleviate much pressure. Why did we play five across the park when we had no natural winger (Pienaar doesn?t count) and they tended to get into one another?s way?

Instead of keeping the ball on the deck, we lumped it all over the park. I watched Fulham play ManUre and the former?s slick passing and approach play, full of verve and speed, impressed me. If ?lowly? Fulham could do it against a top side like ManUre, why can?t we do it against technically inferior sides like Blackburn and Wolves? To me, player selection forms only part of the problem. Moyes has to stop being obstinate and get his players, all of whom are more than capable of playing a good passing game, to start playing like proper professionals. If we had played Fulham or ManUre last night with our hoofing ?tactics? we would have been hit for four or five.
Stephen Kenny
54   Posted 23/08/2010 at 07:46:45

Some absolute nonsense on here from the apologist's. But this one takes the biscuit

That's why we have pre-saeason old son. We should be ready to go from day 1. Suffice to say yet again we are not. Only Moyes can be blamed for this, as someone further up the thread mentioned why did he use players like Coleman virtually every pre-season game, then leave them out the squad? The sooner people realise this undermines our season every season the better.

Supporting Everton is not the same as supporting Moyes.
Anthony Hughes
55   Posted 23/08/2010 at 07:43:09

All joking and stick to each other aside can we please stop these nutty claims about having the best midfield in the Prem,we just don't,we have a decent midfield but they don't contribute enough goals.
Eugene Ruane
56   Posted 23/08/2010 at 08:51:29

Christopher, you say..

"I find myself in agreement with Balthasar Gracsian?s aphorism: ?Use human means as if there were no Devine means- Use Devine means as if there were no human means"

Are you SURE that was Balthasar Gracsian?

It's just that I seem to remember Norman Collier saying something very similar on ITV's The Marty Caine Show in 1978)

(although to be fair, he was doing the broken microphone thing at the time, so I could have misheard)
Neil Vaughan
57   Posted 23/08/2010 at 10:03:15

Totally agree that johnny H should be playing at the back....after all isn't that where he has just played in the WORLD CUP FINAL only a few weeks ago...
Moyes has to STOP accomodating players such as Hibbert, Osman, Distain, Neville & play his STRONGEST side in their correct positions (...and fuck off this one up front lark especially at home)....perhaps then we we'll begin to beat shite teams like Wolves, Blackburn, Stoke etc and not have to look for piss poor excuses for his negative tactics every week
Neil Vaughan
58   Posted 23/08/2010 at 10:03:15

Andy Crooks
59   Posted 23/08/2010 at 11:05:30

Hilarious ,Eugene.
Iain Love
60   Posted 23/08/2010 at 11:06:10

I am of the opinion that Moyes is a good manager overall but is tactically weak. As a manager myself i always appoint a right hand man who is good at what i am weak at. So by that reckoning it's all Rounds fault.
Ray Roche
61   Posted 23/08/2010 at 11:00:25

I wonder how many people on this thread actually went to the match? Let's get things straight, Hibbert had a good match. I noticed that his first mistake prompted some dickheads sat by me to start the usual "Hibbert,yer shite" comments. Hibbert needs ONE error to be labelled shite yet some other players can get away with murder. Likewise Distin who was excellent on Saturday, better than Jags by some distance and didn't concede possesion via a hoofball like Jags did all the time. OK, we're all disappointed with the two results so far but the level of panic both on here and on the radio phone-ins is pathetic. And for those who put as their hobby "Slagging Moyes" here is the team he inherited. Tell me we're worse off today, I dare you.
Simonsen, Pistone, Weir, Stubbs, Unsworth (Blomqvist 75), Hibbert, Carsley, Gemmill, Gravesen, Radzinski (Moore 45), Ferguson.

Michael Lynch
@13

It's a photo of Moyes with a goat.
Tony J Williams
62   Posted 23/08/2010 at 13:24:45

Amen Ray.

I swear that I was at a different game to some on here....if they were in fact there or just going off the running commentary on various sites.
Christopher McCullough
63   Posted 23/08/2010 at 14:31:18

Eugene

Norman Collier is a bit before my time. I'll youtube him after work. It says on Wiki he is an absurdist comedian. Well, I like the Mighty Boosh, so I'm sure I will enjoy your joke..eventually.
John Smith
64   Posted 23/08/2010 at 15:26:18

@ #47, #48 and #49

I'm certainly not a defeatist, I've been going to Goodison for long enough, and I kind of know what to expect with this Everton team.

It's too early to make a serious comment on our season at the moment, however I can just see it going the same way as the previous three - four months to get going and by that time its going to be too late to do anything.

And btw, I really hope we don't roll over to Liverpool, however, I can't see anything else from this team, they just can't be arsed.

*Waiting to be proved wrong*

Eugene Ruane
65   Posted 23/08/2010 at 15:54:20

Christopher, enjoy.

And while I'm here, here's Professor Stanley Unwin, who got his act by listening to BK explain where the money goes.

Matt Boden
66   Posted 25/08/2010 at 02:08:18

Wow, i never thought a simple truth would provoke such a response. All I would like to add is this, firstly this is not a knee jerk reaction after two games, this runs much deeper. Almost back to the last time we really challenged (1987) in case anyone forgot. My title was how much longer and i noticed somone had a pop at eugine and said what next? sack moyes? said like it was unthinkable? well 9 years on and we are stable, thanks, still no trophies in our cabinet, europe takes time! yea Fulham got to the final first attempt! So not a knee jerk reaction, merely a question! how much longer do we have to put up with middle of the road football? and championship players?
Anthony Hughes
67   Posted 25/08/2010 at 09:06:12

Spot on, Matt.
Tony J Williams
68   Posted 25/08/2010 at 13:19:42

Matt you have answered your own question. We have to put up with middle of the road football because our team is full of "Championship" players.

We like to big up our team but lets be honest, not a lot of them would make it in the "Sky 4" teams.

We keep on hearing how ordinary our players are but then in the next breath having a go at Moyes for not winning things with them.

Matt, we haven't won that many trophies if you consider for how long we have actually been going.
Matt Boden
69   Posted 25/08/2010 at 15:20:40

Tony, ok I answered my own question, so how much longer? We are the 4th or 5th most successful team in england! Only utd, arse, and the red shite won more league titles. We have never gone this long without winning a trophy before! Since finishing 4th all those years ago other teams have eclipsed us. So my question is still, how much longer do we have to wait before the" moysiah" is questioned? Does anyone else ask themselves why no one has tried to invest in one of the biggest teams in england?
Tony J Williams
70   Posted 25/08/2010 at 17:15:29

Matt, bunker in fella, as it's gonna be a long and trophyless road for the foreseeable future.... unfortunately.