InterNev

Is this what footballers do these days in their spare time?

I agree with the author of the piece when he suggests that Phil Neville (gawd bless 'im, the Queen Mum of Goodison) would not be the first footballer you'd think of if you were asked to guess who has their own iPhone app offering fashion tips.

I haven't downloaded this as I don't have an iPhone but it's only 59p apparently so if anybody does then I'd love to know what it's like
Les Green, Northwich     Posted 24/08/2010 at 10:08:12

Comments

Ian Kearney
1   Posted 24/08/2010 at 15:34:37

You mean I can get pointless, cliche ridden soundbites from our captain before the echo is printed!
What an age we live in
Paul Olsen
2   Posted 24/08/2010 at 15:52:31

As much as i like the person Phil Neville, this is a definitive NO!
Eugene Ruane
3   Posted 24/08/2010 at 17:43:07

Fuck me, I can just imagine it.

"When I play football, I always play to win and with these new 7 button Birmos' (or whatever) you can feel like a winner too" - Everton and England's (eh?) Phil Neville.

Almost worth 59p to read (ie: marvel at) the descriptions and lame football references.

"And when Phil's away on international duty (eh?) his lovely wife Slagella (pictured) relaxes in these fleece-lined, split-crotch ear-muffs which go perfectly with her orthopedic socks by Puftor of London"

By the way Ian - laughed out loud.

(wish there was a shorter way to say that)
Andy Whittingham
4   Posted 24/08/2010 at 18:23:42

Hasn't he created it '..to help and guide aspiring footballers'? It's not really my thing - but if I was a kid again, there are far worse role models than Phil Neville to take advice from.
Nick Entwistle
5   Posted 24/08/2010 at 21:04:17

I dunno Andy, I quite like the Bill Hicks approach of not having kids look up to anyone that didn't die with a blood bubble coming from their nose.
Kev Lacey
6   Posted 24/08/2010 at 21:06:02

Wanna be a shite footballer like Phil Neville? ... there's an app for that!
Nick Withers
7   Posted 25/08/2010 at 00:26:17

I got a mate to get it just to have a look. I particularly enjoyed the dribbling round cones and shooting from the edge of the box drill, swiftly followed by the throw in practice.

From aspiration to reality in two clicks.
Les Green
8   Posted 25/08/2010 at 12:34:13

Eugene, I actually need fashion advice as I wear the same clothes as Phil Neville.

Andy, you have a fair point; Phil Neville is a decent, honest guy that wears his heart on his sleeve. Unfortunately the app wont sell as well as he would like because he isn't David Beckham or Ronaldo (the gelled tumbler, not the fat one).
Eugene Ruane
9   Posted 25/08/2010 at 16:19:07

It could actually be dangerous.

Remember Tango?

I can picture some kid saying to his mate - "Hey I've got the new Phil Neville fashion app!"

His mate instantly cracks him good-style right in the chops, leaving big red welts and says "there's a slapp for that!"