Members:   Log In Sign Up

Third Kit Thoughts?

So, the third kit is unveiled (http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/17/new-third-kit-revealed).

For me, it is infinitely better than the pink abomination, but do we need a third kit? Is our pink away kit really going to clash with another team's? Has the pink kit sold so badly they went into panic mode and put together a third one?
Sean Smythe, Runcorn     Posted 17/09/2010 at 10:55:33

Comments

Craig Taylor
1   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:21:05

I like it, looks very Dixie!!!
Shaun Brennan
2   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:35:32

Now that's a good kit. I like it.

Decent with the collar too.
Norman Merrill
3   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:36:44

Sean, Most sides have three or more kits, fans dont have to buy, but the more selection who knows?
Gerry Allen
4   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:39:47

This is all about making money, what else.

To my knowledge the only team in Western Europe with pink as their home strip is Palermo in Italy. Have they entered the FA Cup?? Sicily in January would be a lovely trip (I hope there's no replay, though, as those Sicilian scallies would be a handful... I've seen that film)

Also, I hear it will get it's debut against Chelsea on December 4th. Chelsea must clearly be changing their home kit in time for this game.... or could it be the 21 shopping days to Christmas.

James Marshall
5   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:50:25

The 3rd kits looks ace. Much better than the pink one (which I dont hate). I preferred the black/pink one we had last year but still pine for a yellow/blue 2nd kit.
David McKitt
6   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:53:39

Love the new 3rd kit. I'll be getting myself one of those me thinks! You can keep your pink one!
Andrew Fair
7   Posted 17/09/2010 at 15:04:21

I thought that! How would our away kit possibly clash with anyone else's kit? Unfortunately, just a way for the club to sponge more money off us supporters. Although, saying that, I'm going tomorrow to purchase the pink shirt.
Tony J Williams
8   Posted 17/09/2010 at 15:06:42

Looks good and quite smart. Good job we got it out before our game with ....erm.... you know......ermmmm.... that team with the pink foot......oh hang on!!
John Smith
9   Posted 17/09/2010 at 15:30:01

I'm sorry but, who else in the ENTIRE English league system who we could bump into between now and May plays in a pink and blue home kit?!?!?

I think you'll find the answer is...NO ONE.

We don't need a third kit - its pointless, more greedy tactics from our sham of a board.
James Cadwaladr
10   Posted 17/09/2010 at 15:40:00

Love it and very pleased ? I haven't bought a kit yet this season. I will be getting this one.

Can't see when it will be worn though, as, unless I'm mistaken, there are no home kits in the Prem that will clash with both Blue and Pink!!!!

Gerry @3 - Great post!
Dave Lynch
11   Posted 17/09/2010 at 15:48:28

Promote it to away kit.
Looks class to me. Then again i aint bought a footy shirt for over 30 years.
Steve Mink
12   Posted 17/09/2010 at 15:50:24

Would love to see a kit that brought back what for me will always be the true and proper colour of an Everton away shirt, i.e. Amber.
Paul Gladwell
13   Posted 17/09/2010 at 15:58:19

Looks like the idiots who ok`d the pink kit have seen the sales results and realised what a total cock-up they did, so released this one and, to be fair, it is quality.

Living on the Wirral, you see a big surge when the new kit comes out on the streets the same day, yet it took two weeks to see someone with that pink kit on over this side. I never bought my son it and he has every kit we have had in his two years of living.

I expect to see this a lot sooner in numbers, the only problem will be the people and kids wearing it will be freezing, instead of a nice new summer kit to wear... Absolutely clueless marketing again.

Elgin Joshua
14   Posted 17/09/2010 at 16:07:21

Guys guys guys. You're missing the point here. Do you want Landon to be back? If you do, go buy all three kits right now.

Seriously, I love it. Kinda reminds me of the Manure white version a decade back where it was a hot seller.

Damn. There goes my month salary. Landon better come fast or I'm suing.
Pat Finegan
15   Posted 17/09/2010 at 16:52:23

I think it's our best home kit in a while, our worst away kit in a while, and the best third kit in a while.

I like the idea of the third being a throwback type of jersey. Do we need a third? No. But this is a nice way to celebrate our club's 132 years.
Jimmy Hacking
16   Posted 17/09/2010 at 17:42:56

it's alright.
Chris Wilson
17   Posted 17/09/2010 at 18:27:21

I like it and think it should have been the alternate from the get go. I wonder if that was the plan - blue home, vanilla away, pink 3rd, but they knew the pink would be a tough sell so they unveiled it early, promote it as the away kit, play one game in it for sales and then unveil the vanilla. I see Gerry (#3) mentioned it's supposed to debut on Dec. 4, but I hope it finds its way for the Birmingham match on Oct. 2, or else it's pink again.

I think they did something similar almost ten years ago with the salmon and black outfit. Promoted it but went with the grey and black as the alternate, but I can't remember for certain.
Andy Callen
18   Posted 17/09/2010 at 19:57:50

So many people on here moan about lack of money, then when the Club do something that could generate some money? People moan!!

I agree it?s not needed, but it looks smart. I bought the away shirt as I thought the home shirt was a bit dull (however the more I see the boys play in it the more I like it) I was going to buy the home one but now I think I?ll get this instead (might still get the home one in the New Year when it will be reduced).

Also, I?m sure I read somewhere that the pink away shirt was the fastest selling away shirt in history/ for a long time (I?m not sure where I read this so unfortunately can?t back this up).

TBH, I?d see the boys play in red if we won the league? ok maybe not red but you get my point NSNO
Paul Gladwell
19   Posted 17/09/2010 at 20:23:59

To be fair LCS get some stick but the home shirt and this new one are the best we have had in years.
Plain and simple are always the best and should always be kept that way, but as stated above we should always keep to the same colours and Amber is Everton away.
Mike Oates
20   Posted 17/09/2010 at 21:15:52

Clearly brought out so that when we play in the pre-Season Spanish Paella Tournament and have to face Barcelona we can use this kit.
Beats Preston away !
Chad Schofield
21   Posted 17/09/2010 at 21:51:45

have to agree with Paul #17 and many of others above. It's a good alternative to the pink "revolution", which missed the point of why the last pink shirt did so well - unless your lady works in an environment which requires a hi-vis uniform. I didn't like last years bib, but will get the home shirt. We've complained about Everton's lack of marketing... But they have gone for it over since Everton Two to be fair.
Thor Sørensen
22   Posted 17/09/2010 at 22:23:23

It looks alright, but vanilla? What kind of colour is that? Is it white or is it yellowish? It matters!
Graham Rathbone
23   Posted 18/09/2010 at 00:10:45

Why the fuck do we need a third kit?
Sod it I'll get the 4th kit, pink with vanilla bubbles and mauve shorts. WTF
Graham Rathbone
24   Posted 18/09/2010 at 00:13:16

Steve Mink # 10 I agree with you mate, Blue & White Home. Amber & Blue Away, that's it. Why do we need any more kits? Think of who we play in the pink strip that cannot be replaced with amber and blue.

If we play Blackburn, Wigan, Citeh Brum, Chelsea we play in amber & blue. If we play Wolves and maybe Blackpool we play in Blue & White. Simples.

I know the club needs money but better marketing would negate the need to keep relying on rainbow kits. Now how about a 5th strip that'll make a few quid eh?

Jamie Crowley
25   Posted 18/09/2010 at 05:02:21

Very nice - very sharp.

Love the hoops. This should definately be the 2nd kit. I didn't mind last year's black / pink, but this year's is just way too over the top. It's circus-like.

Hope they early-retire the Salmon/Pink and go with this one as the true 2nd kit.
Liu Weixian
26   Posted 18/09/2010 at 13:31:38

How well is the pink kit selling in England now? Maybe they introduced this jersey because of the poor sales of the pink one?

It looks pretty decent, way better than our home kit. The patch on the chest portion looks like a bloody bib!
Neil Vaughan
27   Posted 18/09/2010 at 13:24:18

Think about it fellas...pink is a marketing ploy which will appeal to both gender of fans...The lads will buy it cos it's an Everton shirt & the girlie's... well cos it's pink...

Football shirts are now fashion accessories that is why we have blue,black, white one's because they're not just worn at the match...so I can see the thinking behind it.

Me personally...we should only ever consider the following as kits :

Home : ROYAL blue shirts white shorts white socks

Away : AMBER shirts Blue shorts amber socks

For me thses are the TRUE colours of
EVERTON FC...always have been and always WILL be....and I'll wager if these stupid fuckers who run the club would listen to us fans...99% would say the same.
Lee Kidd
28   Posted 18/09/2010 at 15:13:30

Promote it to the away kit immediately and forever bin the abomination that is the pink kit. I'll go as far as saying the vanilla kit is the best I've seen for about five or six years.

I'll post this design I made for an Everton away kit again...

I'd love to see that next year, combined with...