Tomorrow's Victory...

Coming back from the dead against Utd will give a massive confidence. Having a match-winning chance denied to you will give a sense of deserving more. Your manager being brought up on charges for losing it in support of the team will add a desire to fight.

Could there be a better set of circumstances for a team with something to prove?

Newcastle tomorrow will suffer at the hands of a Goodison backlash as our catalyst for this season is discovering that just this once, drawing is better than winning.

4-0 to the Blues. Top 4 come the end of May.
Nick Entwistle, London     Posted 17/09/2010 at 13:19:42

Comments

Andrew Fair
1   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:32:13

Totally agree, Nick, I'm going ot the game tommorow and so excited. I don't get to the games as much now, living in Northamptonshire, as I did when I was at home. Taking my GF for the first time (she used to be a Chelsea fan ? not anymore). We will be celebrating a big win tommorow.
Shaun Brennan
2   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:34:08

Nick, I wish I shared your belief. But I expect Everton to make it difficult for themselves, but win. As for 4th at the end of the season, whatever happened to that 24-year rule that was getting banded about on here a while ago?

My prediction 2-1 win.
Anand Rabheru
3   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:35:02

Howard, Hibbert, Jags, Heitinga, Baines, Coleman, Arteta, Fellaini, Pienaar, Yak & Beckford for me.

That team, 4-0 for me.

COYB
James Marshall
4   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:36:13

1-1 draw. Sorry to piss on your chips, but I can just see it coming.
Brian Williams
5   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:35:37

I just hope you're both right and the Geordie maggots travel home with a touch of reality knocking at their door *L*
Sean Smythe
6   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:37:13

Have to agree with James, I reckon 1-1 but hoping I'm totally wrong.
Norman Merrill
7   Posted 17/09/2010 at 14:39:34

Nick, After last weeks fightback, I am sure all fans are hoping for a win, but I
just hope that we do learn from what went on last Saturday.
Firstly although Newcastle are not in the same class as the other United, they do and will pose a real threat.
After watching highlights of the Blackpool game, and without taking anything away from the seasiders, the geordies should have got a result.

The main threat is Carroll, up front, and with a very physical, and workman like mid field, of Barton, Nolan, and if available Smith, they could cause a few problems, if we dont match them.
I really feel its all down to our attitude, ability wise we are far superior, and if we can get off to the start we did last week, then we should have no problem.
I hope Moyes can sort out the right side of midfield, and also our striker situation.
We will have no problem with backing of our supporters, even though they will bring a good support.
I wont make a score prediction, as long as we get three points. we should all be happy. c.o.y.b.
Jay Harris
8   Posted 17/09/2010 at 15:36:29

With poor defending in MF and the back four since the middle of last season I cannot see a clean sheet although on the law of averages we are due one.

With Cahil reportedly unfit and talk of playing Felli upfront I cant see us scoring many.

However if we take the bold step of playing the Yak and Beckford upfront with Coleman on the right flank I see a 3-1 home win.

Come on Davy boy be adventurous.
Terry Hayes
9   Posted 17/09/2010 at 15:49:21

I can see it now, first half an hour tantalizing football camped on the edge of their box... they break quickly, go through us like hot butter and 0-1 just before half time.

Second half, we are at them. Moyes waits til 75 mins and thinks, "Maybe i should change something... but what? Who? I know ? I'll fetch a striker on and baffle them..."

Just then, Pienaar goes down, free kick, Arteta special ? straight into the wall ? falls to Osman... he shoots, a great deflection and into the net for a respectable draw. Phew... another great comeback...

Only joking lads 2-1 for me, tra la, la!!!

Brian Foley
10   Posted 17/09/2010 at 16:10:56

Anand @ 2 Good side, but not right. It's reported by Moyes that the Yak needs some more games, if he starts Beckford won't. Cahill is a must start (if not for you) certainly for Moyes (and me) with specal reference to his gutsy performance that he carried through to the death last week. If you were Cahill you would certainly expect to play, I would. Slight lack of height at the back (Carroll in mind) but if we push forward from the start keep it up tempo (in the first 90 minutes not the last 3) and minimise their ability to cross, frustration will set in for them and Carroll, Barton, Nolan and Smith are all serious yellow and red liabiities.
Gavin Ramejkis
11   Posted 17/09/2010 at 16:19:50

We owe those dirty bastards for the game where they crippled three of ours; Rodwell clattered by Taylor unpunished and out for two or three games after it, Arteta fucked for the rest of season and cup final and that dirty filthy red shite bastard Nolan crippling Anichebe. Three points a must as is a thorough go for the game from the off at home with at least one bleeding striker on from the off and out them to the sword the same way Arsenal didnt let of the gas at 3-0 up in their CL fixture against Braga.

Go on DM, let them tear those skunks a new one.
Danny Burke
12   Posted 17/09/2010 at 16:35:30

Id go
Howard
Hibbert, Jags Distin Baines
Bily Mikel Fellaini Cahill Pienaar
Yak.

Id play the Yak until he is knackered 60-70 mins and then get Beckford on for his pace to take advantage of any tired legs, same with Coleman for Hibbert if we need a bit more down the right.

Distin may be a controversial pick but Id have his height and power to deal with Carroll. Long term Id like to see Jags and Johhny at the back together, at least give it a chance.
Anand Rabheru
13   Posted 17/09/2010 at 16:46:11

Brian, number 8, i agree that wont be the side as its too positive for moyes, but it would be my first team with everyone fit or not.

But agree with you Yak and Becks wont both start as 1) moyes prefers 4-5-1, 2) we wont have any other strikers on bench so 1 will start, other will replace the starter, 3) Yak not fully fit, 4) Moyes play a world cup final CB in his best position, I dont think so! ;-)

Whatever the team, COYB, lets start the season 2mrw!
Paul McGinty
14   Posted 17/09/2010 at 17:14:45

After all the hype about Rooneys reception last week (if he had shown up) I do hope Nolan gets some verbals and more tomorrow. That was a nasty tackle on Victor which deserved more than the 3 match ban he got for it.
Ste Lewis
15   Posted 17/09/2010 at 17:19:53

Nolan will get a more than a few snarls, like a dog with a bone is the Gwladys Street. Never forget or forgive those that cross us. Oh Gary Gary, Gary Gary Gary Gary Shithouse Speed etc.
Jimmy Hacking
16   Posted 17/09/2010 at 17:49:41

Tomorrow's result is very hard to predict; nothing would surprise me.
Karl Masters
17   Posted 17/09/2010 at 18:53:00

It'll be a lot closer than 4-0, but we are overdue a victory.

I'd be quite happy with 1-0 and a clean sheet to be honest.
Jon Cox
18   Posted 17/09/2010 at 19:56:07

Arnand, check out the latest article. I've picked the same team as you.

But I also like the 4-5-1 where Beckford comes on in the second half to power his way through tired legs.

For some strange reason I almost feel sorry for the Newcs. On second thoughts thinking about the spitting on our lads at Sid James Park fuck em.

4-1
COYB
Matteo Rosingana
19   Posted 17/09/2010 at 20:19:16

Danny (11) Yes, if the Yak is fit, this would be the perfect plan, less pressure on Beckford too, I agree with this completely.

It would make sense to have Distin as a physical presence, but I am longing to see a Jags/Johnny partnership at the back. Heitinga is proven world class, he takes no shit and is a born winner.

Come on Moyes, and come on you Blues!!!
Kevin Hudson
20   Posted 17/09/2010 at 20:16:34

Hate Newcastle..

Hate their fans, hate their accent, hate their eternal soap-opera, hate their misplaced sense of proportion, hate their buck-toothed stewards, hate their topless antics,hate their bizarre indulgence by mass-media, hate their kit,hate their "messiah's,"and hate their women..

Obviously we're gonna twat them. 3-1.
Jon Cox
21   Posted 17/09/2010 at 20:35:55

Kevin, Stop beating about the bush, say what you mean....
Viv Sharma
22   Posted 17/09/2010 at 20:40:37

We have a good chance tomorrow, but its not a sure thing by a long chalk!
We had a cracking last 3 minutes against Utd but anyone who watched the game will recall that we were, for the majority of the game barring the 1st 20 minutes, ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.
If we play like that tomorrow, we have a good chance of getting slaughtered.
I was actually disappointed in a way that we nicked the 2 last minute goals because it masked a terrible game all round. there were lots of cries for DMs head
BUT
if we play with a striker, the skys the limit!
COYB
Al Reddish
23   Posted 17/09/2010 at 21:45:09

HOWARD
HIBBERT JAGS HEITINGA BAINES

FELLAINI

COLEMAN ARTETA PIENAAR

BILY
YAK
Sean Patton
24   Posted 17/09/2010 at 22:01:12

As per Al above predicts If Cahill is missing then Moyes must pick Yakubu up front with Bilyaletdinov behind him.

This would team our best striker of a ball in Billy with the forward who holds the ball up the best in Yak. I can't see how it can fail. It's a pity Rodwell is injured as I am eager to see him in the Cahill role.
Jon Cox
25   Posted 17/09/2010 at 22:15:31

So may different permitations, and yet I'm starting to see a pattern emerging.

One things for sure it looks like the majority on here do not see Coleman as a right back.

I also love the possible partnership between Beckford and the Yak.

As has been said already, Beckford does the spade work has energy in bundles and yet not only will Yakubu hold up the ball for our midfield to run onto. But with his superior ball control will allow anyone from midfield have a field day in regards shooting.

And who knows it maybe Hibbo's finest hour in a royal blue shirt.

10mins into the second half not sure who to take off but bring billy on just behind the front two.

Jesus, it could be potential dynamite.
Mike Green
26   Posted 17/09/2010 at 23:55:28

COYB - FTM.
Graham Rathbone
27   Posted 18/09/2010 at 00:53:04

3-1 I reckon.
All together now!
Gosling Gosling what's the score?
Gosling what's the score?
Lee Kidd
28   Posted 18/09/2010 at 01:00:18

"The signs are looking favorable all we have to do, is get that mentality whereby once we score the first goal, we go for the jugular."

I can count on one hand the times we've done that under Moyes.

I think we'll win tomorrow but it'll be close. If Distin plays and tries to mark Carroll we could concede one or two, but the Barcodes are terrible at the back so we should get a few too.

2-1 my guess.
Jamie Crowley
29   Posted 18/09/2010 at 04:44:57

Carroll - we have to shut him down.

He's big, physical, and has a nose for the goal. I think the kid is a very good player and holds a ridiculous amount of potential.

Very concerned about this game. It's a must win. If we start our first 5 with no wins - with Blackburn, Wolves, and NC on that slate - we're not in a good place.

I think this is a very big game. And Carroll does concern me a lot.
Dave Richman
30   Posted 18/09/2010 at 08:21:08

Just seen a headline across the top of the page ... "Enrique: We must stop Arteta....."

Well with Messrs Barton, Nolan & Co, we all know what that means.

I share Kevin Hudson's views on the skunks.... particularly that 'loyal and knowledgeable fans' bullshit.

Oh and by the way lads, some decent team selections there, but none of you have included Ossie..... so you're all wrong. Sadly.
Stephen Kenny
31   Posted 18/09/2010 at 08:47:18

I'd love Hibbo to score the winner against the mugs!!!
Nick Entwistle
32   Posted 18/09/2010 at 09:29:33

If a Newcastle player puts in a heavy challenge on Arteta the crowd will explode. The ref needs to be strong today... or weak, whichever helps us the most.
Brian Foley
33   Posted 18/09/2010 at 09:35:48

You lot piking the team and continually leaving Cahill out is weird.
Brian Foley
34   Posted 18/09/2010 at 09:41:53

Picking I meant picking, sorry just got up, but it's still weird.
Liu Weixian
35   Posted 18/09/2010 at 13:25:03

We must attack them from the start and create as many chances as possible because our conversion rate is simply terrible.

Play two in front and put Coleman on the right flank. It should work like a charm.
Nick Entwistle
36   Posted 18/09/2010 at 16:59:25

CAN I HAVE THIS MAIL BAG SUBMISSION DELETED FROM TW HISTORY?
Paul Olsen