Moyes is boring and you can deny it until your blue in the face

Moyes is boring. He picks boring teams. If he buys exciting players, he bores them with contract disputes. Same if a top-notch youngster comes through, he bores them with caution and contract disputes. He is boring.

I want to be excited. I want to be entertained. All you Moyes apologists need to get real and I decided to post this before we went 1-0 down against Newcastle. Cahill and Saha should have been sold for profit a long time ago, 4-5-1 will never win anything unless you have a class manager or world-class players in a shit league.

Moyes is boring. I am sick of it and so you should be!
Sunil Mudgil, London     Posted 18/09/2010 at 15:46:27

Comments

Daniel Hutchinson
1   Posted 18/09/2010 at 16:59:45

Disgusted today.
Again Distin is picked which we all know he is a player that is not worthy of a starting place.
Yak deserves a proper chance to start he is showing he really wants to play.
Bily and Coleman should be starting.

And for Heaven's sake, why is Jonny not at the back with Jags!

We all can see it, so why can't Moyes!
James Stewart
2   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:00:13

Not sure where the selling Saha and Cahill comes from Neither played today and we looked poorer for it.

Ben arfa embarrassed us and this is a player who would cost less than Bily and Distin.

The rest I agree with. Moyes is stuck in a cycle of repeating the same mistakes over and over. Even groundhog day has a happy ending but I don't think this one will unless he goes.
Joe McMahon
3   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:05:59

People still think the negatice twat is going to Man U?
Ray Said
4   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:05:53

Einstein defined insanity as 'doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result'. By this definition Moyes is insane!
James Stewart
5   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:08:27

Exactly Ray!
Kunal Desai
6   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:02:52

No injuries this time around! Moyes has no excuses this season. The whole season to prepare and we get in a division one striker to pin our seasons hopes on. It's now eight seasons and counting under Moyes and my patience with him at the helm are soon diminishing by the game.......
Dominic Bobadilla
7   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:06:27

I have been doing a character study of Moyes. He once said, "you know how careful we Scotsman are with money." Tongue in cheek perhaps, but the sad fact is that he has no balls. He is no risk-taker - he is not a winner. This Gordon Lee incarnate is not going to take us any farther. IMAGINE BEING OUTSMARTED BY CHRIS HUGTON AT GOODISON! Okay, he buys exciting players, but so did that good for nothing Billy Bingham. I wonder what Moyes's excuse is going to be at the press conference. He should realise it himself, that it is in his own interest to move on.
Tony Christian
8   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:13:16

The most sensible post I have read in years. Moyes simply has an inability to change things when it is not going to plan. Spurs put 4 past Wolves whilst Everton repeatedly fail to turn half time deficits week after week after week. Not sure if replacing manager is answer but unless something happens and soon then I want a fresh manager with fresh ideas.
John Andrews
9   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:25:52

Once again he picked completely the wrong bloody team AGAIN. I almost grew fond of Moyes but never again !
MOYES OUT !
Dennis Stevens
10   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:38:02

I also suspect that Moyes approach may also be seen as a little predictable from the perspective of other managers.
Viv Sharma
11   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:53:42

DM CANNOT continue after that:
Dear David Moyes, please do the decent thing and step down now
John McLoughlin
12   Posted 18/09/2010 at 18:21:36

Moyes is a shithouse, has been for 4 years, We'll never win anything with him as manager and there is no chance Man Utd will want him has manager. We play a central defender in midfielder and a central midfielder out wide then we wonder why we hardly create. Moyes scared stiff to drop Heitinga play him in a kidfield role were Robbie Savage would do better. Still he's The Moyesiah because we have not been involved in a relegation battle fior a fe years. Our fans ambition has all but gone. The worst Liverpool team in my lifetime and they are still better than us. Who was that guy who said our midfield is the best in the league because i'd laugh in his face
Al Reddish
13   Posted 18/09/2010 at 18:23:38

Its a team we could have all predicted but one I think not one of us would have picked. Fellaini and Heitinga should play in their proper positions. Bily should be playing. Yak should start if Saha is unfit. Osman should never play on the right wing again. Gueye had a great pre-season and never gets a look in.
Moyes needs to be brave, fuck off those that are not performing and take a few chances, we got fuck all to lose. Mind you having the grand total of £1m to spend in the summer hasn't exactly helped us has it!
Marc Pantling
14   Posted 18/09/2010 at 18:33:41

I'm suprised by the number of Moyes critics on this website but I must say, after the way we have been playing this season, I'm starting to agree with you.

So the question is, who would you prefer to see in charge? Who should be the next manager? Let's be honest There's not much out there as Aston Villa have just found out.

Personally, I can't see much out there other than Martin O'Neill or Glen Hoddle (controversial I know but I think he is a quality manager).

Charles King
15   Posted 18/09/2010 at 18:48:30

Marc #14:

I'd be happy with either, I'm a believer in people who've fucked up then come back again.

Read about Hoddle's imaginative schemes in Spain and think he's learned his lesson after the pseudo spiritual shit he got involved in.

O'Neil lost it a bit at Villa, half the Villa fans thought he was a twat, I'm of the opinion he's not.

Both are individuals who'd lay it on the line to BK and chums.

Chris Sillett
16   Posted 18/09/2010 at 19:03:56

I'm going to say it and I don't care what people say ? I would love it if Moyes left the club, love it.
Today's tactics and substitutions were on a par with the worst days of the Walter Smith regime. Again, only one striker up front at home to average opposition, and a striker who looks totally out of his depth at this level, but you can't blame Beckford for not producing ? he has come from two divisions below the Premier League for Christ's sake!

So we are being out-played, out-thought and out-fought against a piss poor Newcastle team and everyone is crying out for changes at half-time. And what does the 'Moyesiah' produce? Take off your striker and replace with a different one; take off your right back and replace with a different one ? never mind the fact we are playing with a centre back in midfield and Leon Osman continues his wretched performances on the wing. Carry on the 4-5-1 approach and dont even think about maybe playing two strikers when you are losing at home...

It's baffling.. and if I woke up to reports tomorrow morning of Moyes being sacked or resigning ? I would bloody love it.
Richard Dodd
17   Posted 18/09/2010 at 19:01:29

Yes, Davey IS boring... but he has become so because, year after year, his presence at the helm virtually guarantees us a place in the top half of the table, meaning we miss all that old excitement of the relegation battles we fought under his predecessors!

Let me make it clear that I shall still be saying this in the unlikely eventuality that we are at the bottom come Xmas! Davey will then orchestrate a run that will see us again saying `If only we`d got it together sooner.......`. I love it under the Moyesiah ? we`re safely in the Prem.... and guaranteed to stay there!

Jon Cox
18   Posted 18/09/2010 at 19:00:07

Bilitch (sic)
Tony Cheek
19   Posted 18/09/2010 at 19:19:58

I had hoped this year we would see one of those huge flags being passed over the Gwladys end that every other club has except us with club crest and NSNO on it.....now the only one I want to see is one with eight f...ing letters on... M-O-Y-E-S O-U-T..know where we can get one ???
Charles King
20   Posted 18/09/2010 at 19:23:28

Richard 17

Will TW readers get a discount when you premier your live show?
James Stewart
21   Posted 18/09/2010 at 19:54:09

Chris at 16 pretty much sums it up for me.
Steve Malone
22   Posted 18/09/2010 at 20:14:09

Ah! It does the soul good to actually hear voices in the wilderness...

For many years now I've banged on about the crap twins, how a combination of pure luck and abject opposition performances have protected the Ginger One and that buffoon of a chairman. What is happening now is the end result of years of poor leadership from management and board level. Bullshitting supporters that has been allowed to continue year after year after year: Kings Dock; 'watch this space'; Destination Kirkby... etc etc... Making do... and now this year no marque signing, no one to add class to the squad ? it's pitifull.

Two points from 15 is a joke... it's sacking form, Kenwright can't do that though can he? The tool... If this was industry, Blue Bill would be deemed unfit for purpose... if only.

Forget European football, forget a top ten finish... this is the season that breaks Moyes...

Jon Cox
23   Posted 18/09/2010 at 21:04:40

I'm sorry Richard but at this moment in time Moyes couldn't orchestrate a twenty man band armed with triangles!!
Mike Allison
24   Posted 18/09/2010 at 21:05:42

Of course he can continue, but he NEEDS to change things. He has done before, but he seems to have reverted to type again. Hibbert and Osman down the right, I thought I'd never see it again.

This could be the season that breaks Moyes, and there'll be a time to judge that, but its not the five games into it that breaks him. Maybe this result and performance is the one that counts as 'rock bottom' and forces Moyes to try something different, maybe he'll keep doing the same things and expect a different result. The next team selection is crucial for where we are with him and where he is in terms of being willing to learn and take risks.
Jon Cox
25   Posted 18/09/2010 at 21:09:53

Mike (24) like me and Charles have already pointed out, at some point Moyes needs to have a Damasc Moment.

For all our sakes the sooner the better.

COYB
Mark Murphy
26   Posted 18/09/2010 at 21:22:18

What Ray said!

M
Michael Brien
27   Posted 18/09/2010 at 23:28:19

I feel very sorry for Beckford - he is new to the club, new to this level of football and is being asked to play in a position that would see many an established striker struggle - namely that of lone striker. It is understandable to play 4-5-1 against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea - but Moyes does it virtually 99% of the time. His tactics are predictable and if we as fans can see it then surely opposition coaches/managers can see it. I think we have a good squad of players - but I think that we have to ask if another manager/coach would get more out of them and I think that whilst Moyes remains so utterly predictable the answer is yes.
Jimmy Hacking
28   Posted 18/09/2010 at 23:35:00

I've never denied we are boring under Moyes because I am not clinically insane.

we played shite football when we came 4th, we played shite football though our European campaigns (yes, yes, apart from the odd flukey wonder goal), we played shite football all the way to the FA cup final, and we'll play shite football until Moyes resigns.

COYBoring bastards
Kevin Hudson
29   Posted 18/09/2010 at 23:54:12

"Moyes out!"

Brilliant..

Replaced by whom?

Name me the genius qualified & attainable to lead us into the land of milk and honey.
Brian Zhu
30   Posted 18/09/2010 at 23:59:49

I still have faith for Moyes's ability, but we really need to improve the team squard.
Dennis Stevens
31   Posted 19/09/2010 at 01:48:20

Kevin, that's a non-argument - the idea that Moyes is irreplaceable is ludicrous, however, due to the terms of his contract the Board may consider him unsackable.
Dominic Bobadilla
32   Posted 19/09/2010 at 07:46:37

29: Slaven Bilic with Alan Stubbs as his right hand man.
Derek Thomas
33   Posted 19/09/2010 at 07:43:35

If not Moyes then who?...well none of his dullard defensive minded henchmen for a start, not even as caretaker.

As temp in house stop gap?? I give you.... Capt. Pip... shit how bad is that?...you never know he might start picking a semi decent team/formation, with Sq pegs in Sq. holes and, with a bit of luck, do the decent thing by including himself out to concentrate on the coaching.
Ste Boyle
34   Posted 19/09/2010 at 09:33:05

Sad thing with Moyes is that he actually doesnt have a clue on how to change a game.

Replacing like for like will not change a game. As we were all spouting on the forum yesterday, Johnny off, Felli into the DM role, Bily on up top. Okay, you can change the subs around but you have to change shape to change a game, HE JUST DOESNT KNOW HOW. His tactic is to just cross his fingers and hope we snatch a goal. Absolutely Rubbish.

Replacement? Sven would have us playing decent football.....

Michael Brien
35   Posted 19/09/2010 at 13:57:04

Kevin Hudson - Name me the genius qualified & attainable to lead us into the land of milk and honey?

That's a good question that you ask but, if your argument is that Moyes should stay as manager because some of us can't name a successor, that's a pretty flimsy defeence. In the 1980-81 season it was obvious that Gordon Lee wasn't the man for the Everton job - I am not sure that 100% of Evertonians had Howard Kendall as the man for the job. But it was clear that Gordon Lee was going to drag us down.

I take no delight in the situation, I hope that David Moyes is able to turn things around. However, I doubt if he is flexible enough in his tactics to change things. I was watching the "Football League" programme on after "Match of the Day" last night. Steve Claridge was commenting on Ipsich Town's fairly good start to the Championship season ? "They've got attacking options" was what he said. I thought about our team Everton... well I think we have attacking options ? it's just that the manager doesn't bloody use them!!! Look at Tottenham ? they were 0-1 down at home to Wolves; Redknapp doesn't prat about waiting for something to happen, he makes the changes and looks to make things happen. I am sorry if you don't like reading it, but I fear that David Moyes is far too cautious and predictable in his tactics ? he needs to change and fast.
ps: Martin O'Neill, John Collins, David Jones, Sean O'Driscoll ? that's four names to be going on with.

John Owens
36   Posted 19/09/2010 at 16:36:48

Time for a change of manager. I gave up my season ticket for financial reasons last season - after seeing last seasons performances and this years start I have no regrets.

Time for Moyes to go - he is not going to change. His selections yesterday were typical of him and very poor. Heitinga and Coleman should be planing in the back four for god's sake. Osman is just not good enough, play felli as the holding mid, peanuts, arteta and billy in the middle with yak and beckford up front. We have some decent players but a manager who is tactically useless.