Losers

All summer we worried about the Barcloena bid (that never existed) taking Arteta away. Before the season ended were concernded about the Arsenal bid (that never existed) taking Saha away. Then we had the Bayern Munich and Spurs bids for Pienaar (That never happened). We didn't have any bids for Cahill but we were worried he would leave. "Luckily" none of them left but we doubled their pay.

Thereafter, we heard them talk about how good they were and how they would challenge for the league. The basis of their claims was our victories over Chelsea and Utd last year. Gosling and Donovan (who have left) Rodwell (who is injured and out of favour) and Bily (who is out of favour) got the job done to beat Utd. By Association Arteta, Saha and Cahill got bumper new deals.

Pienaar was going to be the home team World Cup star but instead is sulking because we only offered 60,000 a week to him and nobody else has offered him anything. Period! The one player who did interest another club was Yakubu who West Ham with a derisory £2 million pound bid for and turned to someone "fitter and younger." Yakubu is 27...supposedly just entering his peak years.

Saha meanwhile has taken his new contract the way old Pistone did and gone straight back to the injury room. To my mind we have a bunch of guys who have WON NOTHING yet are PAID A LOT. Where is the incentive to try hard when you have a 5-year deal paying you £60k a week, wind, rain or shine?

We screwed up.
Kieran Kinsella, Gainesville Fl     Posted 18/09/2010 at 16:44:56

Comments

Barry Johnson
1   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:03:35

Agreed.
James Stewart
2   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:05:58

Agreed. Moyes is stubborn though and does not sell to improve the team so that will always be his way. Pienaar and jagielka and probably more could have been sold at maximum value a la Lescott and we would have improved. Ben arfa embarrassed us today and he would cost less than Distin.
Tony I'Anson
3   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:04:53

In this modern life there is nothing like an incentive of thinking I must work my arse to the bone - just to stand still. Once the big contract turns up and the final salary pension is sealed......let's just ease of the gas, get home before 5 to beat the traffic, take the extra holiday, not question the bosses decisions, have a wee fling with the secretary (hey just to take a risk), take up Yoga and do everthing you fucking please as there is no pressure to do anything.

Ring any bells.
Lee Kidd
4   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:12:25

Agree, except there's no way Yak is 27. Add 10 years to that.
Nick Entwistle
5   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:03:34

When Everton lose, I lose. I feel pointlessly existing on my sofa right now. I don't know if the motivation is there to turn the TV off so I won't have to face 100 way to leave a game show. I'd find solice in a big bar of chocolate but that means some orangatang's house got chopped down in the process.

I don't know. The club is what gets me through the dark days of winter... maybe some of you want to come with me to Africa and save some of those orangatangs and produce a guilt free chocolate bar. I'll need one, not for tonight, but probably next season when we lose like bitches again.

Oh, well that's made my day better! Just seen Houllier's face on TV. I couldn't feel any better if Steven Gerrard just walked into my living room and asked to take a look at my CD collection.

I'm going to... I dunno. I'm going to see what the Pope is up to. He dresses nice doesn't he. Maybe I could wear a big hat like him and be happy too. Doesn't half have a lot of bling for a white man though.

Fuck this, I'll have a pizza...

Brian Waring
6   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:13:59

Hey Nick, I think Moyes needs to wear a big hat, with a big fucking D on it!!!!
Tony I'Anson
7   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:19:08

Well Michael, are you going to use this flaming website for anything else than a moaning arse sounding board for fans after we've been beaten?

Or do you not really care as the upside is a defeat generates more website traffic as people go home early and pissed off and invariably come on here to see what fellow fans think. This means more click throught and money for you.

Or let's face it, is Toffeeweb really another disguise of Bill Kenright and the board, invented after Linden was interviewed by Peter Johnson years ago.

I know "let's put up a fan's website that is not to do with Everton that the fans will lap up as they can say what the hell they like. And we can respond in the full fury of unadulterated language without harming the EFC brand". Or thinking about it, are you Peter Johnson? Or a relation of the Greggs?

Do something about it man.

REF: Everton Fan Share Article
Lee Kidd
8   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:25:30

Tony, what the hell are you on about?

On another note, the Moyes post-match interview was a joke.
Jalil Noor
9   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:22:45

Time for a change.. let the likes of Gueye, Baxter play.. at least if we lose we got a fucking reason!

But sadly it will never happen.
Charles King
10   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:26:48

Tony #7

Shooting the messenger is as desperate as it comes, take a deep breath and re consider what you've just wrote.
Tony I'Anson
11   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:29:06

Lee (#8) - http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/10-11/comment/mailbag/15950.html in relation to this

Michael (#26) "A Fan Share scheme based on the former is probably the way to get things off the ground ? hence my serious offer to get it started now, Tony! "
Tony I'Anson
12   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:31:44

Charles (10) - Is TW just another Red Top then? Or is it actually a fan's website designed to influence change at Everton. Ask Michael, as I think it's the latter
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
13   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:29:30

Tony's invented himself a mission to construct the Everton Fan Share scheme and shame me into changing the way we operate this website to implement every one of his crack-brained ideas.

Sorry Tony, but you just crossed the line. The primary focus of this website is and always been about following the team, the players and the manager on the field, and about reflecting on the performances and results ? which is, after all what this club exists for.

There's a time and a place for off-the-field stuff and I've provided plenty of space for it. But your timing is really bad and this place is completely wrong for that little outburst. And trying to shame me is, sorry to say, the biggest mistake of all.
Charles King
14   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:34:46

Tony, I don't care what it is.

If I did'nt like it I would'nt read, contribute or criticise it, like certain TV programs I'd just switch it off.
Michael Evans
15   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:49:08

Nobody can piss you off better than Everton !

Anybody else think it's sad when we're SO fooked off that we start lashing out at one another ?

I just hope that Richard Dodd doesn't post a "trust in Bk and DM" ditty !

Giles Larkman
16   Posted 18/09/2010 at 18:18:34

1) The Yak up front

I don?t care what people say, if we are going to play one up front, the Yak is the only choice. Beckford still has to learn his trade at this level, in the meantime, leave it to the Yak.

2) Billy

I?m well aware of Billy?s defensive deficiencies, but he is exactly the sort of player you want on the pitch for attacking play. Right now, if I had the choice between Osman and Billy,?. Fuck me, do I even need to say this? So far this season Osman has had a ?mare, let?s see what what Mr Bilyaletdinov has to offer.

3) Two strikers

I will admit that I?m writing this in the heat of the moment, but it feels like we haven?t even scored a goal this season. I want to see two up front against lesser teams. I want to see Saha and Yakubu starting with Beckford waiting in the wings.

4) Coleman

Now is the time. I have so much love for Hibbert, he?s a bonafide Everton legend?.. but now it?s Seamus o?clock.

5) Passing

Practise passing to the boys in the blue shirts!!!!!

6) Early season blues

Why are we so shit at the start of the season???? It has been a source of amusement over previous seasons, now it?s not even close to funny. Honestly, if you can beat these teams in March, why the fuck can?t you do it in September?

7) Mr Moyes

Please, adapt.

John McLoughlin
17   Posted 18/09/2010 at 18:28:11

We all know what needed strenthening in the summer, we did nothing about it, Apparantly the club cannot multitask and could only go about securing existing players rather than getting new ones also. Stand still and you get overtaken, Why are we surprised by our downfall.
Eric Myles
18   Posted 18/09/2010 at 18:33:16

James Stewart, #2 ? can you imagine the outcy on here if we'd sold ANY of Pienaar, Jagielka, Arteta, Yakubu? Even Yobo on loan was sacriledge as we have the best squad we've ever had and were going for it this season.
Mike Oates
19   Posted 18/09/2010 at 18:36:24

Biggest problem this season was the failure to get Donovan and give us the ability to attack on both fronts. To make matters worse we then loose are only effective right hand side player with Anichebe getting injured once again.

Next problem - there is no place at all in the team for Heitinga - sorry but he has to go. He cannot link up with Jags and he will never be a defensive midfield player. Its causing a real issue with Fellaini form. Fellaini needs to be our DM feeding Arteta, Pineear, and BIly ahead of him.

Next issue we have no credible PL quality forward.

From pre-season boasts about best squad ever, CL credentials, we now once again face a fight to get out of the bottom half of the table .

Well done Mr Moyes , well done overrated players. Whatever else dont start yapping to the Press that we need to kick-start our season on Tuesday night against Brentford - I cant stand anymore of Baines and Neville doing their EvertonTV blabs
Stephen Larkin
20   Posted 18/09/2010 at 17:07:13

We were second best to Newcastle who worked harder and wanted it more. This has been the case all season; it looks like a long haul already...
Eric Myles
21   Posted 18/09/2010 at 18:56:03

Hang on Mike #19, wasn't I reading last week thet Heitinga MUST start as he's a World Cup Final national player?
And now he has to go?
Mike Oates
22   Posted 18/09/2010 at 19:58:38

Eric #21

If you read any of my notes I never ever said Heitinga is a must. IN fact I never have rated him even in the WC games and have stated so on this site.
Eric Myles
23   Posted 18/09/2010 at 20:15:29

But others have Mike.
Peter Laing
24   Posted 18/09/2010 at 20:34:30

Bad attack, Tony, on Michael and the team at ToffeeWeb Towers, probably brought on through sheer anger and frustration at today's shambolic and utterly disgraceful performance. The blame lies squarely with David Moyes, almost every single player today, and the general stewardship of Bill Kenwright and the mysterious Robert Earl.
Jamie Crowley
25   Posted 18/09/2010 at 20:39:35

Eric - as a CB - not a DM.

There's a huge difference and you know it.

If Johhny starts at CB, the train-wreck that is Distin isn't on the pitch. Then Fella can start in the position that best suits him and best suits the team - in the back distributing to Arteta, Pienaar, and whomever the fuck Moyes runs out at RM.

Then please, please get that fucking Osman off the damn field. It's just putrid.

Yet here we are, 5 games in. Variations on the same losing theme. And many have been crying for Heitinga to start at CB. But I can't remember seeing one post that he should be the DM....

Enough of this already. Something better change soon. If Moyes runs Osman out at RM I'm gonna throw a fucking shoe through the TV.

Someone on another thread quoted Einstein, and his definition of insanity. Moyes is following it to the letter.
Eric Myles
26   Posted 18/09/2010 at 21:05:18

^yes, but that guy wanted Gueye and Vaughan (who doesn't even play for us now) to replace Hibbert and Osman.
Talk about insanity?
Ian McDowell
27   Posted 18/09/2010 at 21:54:07

Eric Myles I meant Gueye or Vaughan on the right. That at least would provide a bit of pace, yes Vaughan isn't with us now but thats down to Moyes.

Also, suggesting Gueye and Vaughan on the right is no worse than your best Def Mid playing up front, one of your best CB DM, and 2 of your worst wide players out wide ? and I am not paid £60k a week for the privilege.
Paul Maguire
28   Posted 18/09/2010 at 22:40:40

I thought today was the ideal opportunity, with Tim injured, to play Bily in his ideal role, behind the striker/s. Instead we had a 4-4-1-1 which ended with Beckford playing as a lone striker chasing long balls (where have we seen this before?). After the first ten minutes we had no cohesion between midfield and the front.
When Bily came on he was immediately in the game, although not much came off, there was always a spark to his play. I do believe we cant leave him languishing on the bench - now is the time for trying something different...please....
Jimmy Hacking
29   Posted 18/09/2010 at 23:26:07

Interesting article Kieran, it has occurred to me also once or twice over the years that if Cahill, Arteta etc. are such awesome players, how come nobody ever comes in for them? has there ever been a concrete bid for one of our untouchable stars? even the apparent Arsenal move for Jagielka seemed like fantasy to me.

But you left out one chap sat counting his unjustified and ridiculous paycheck, a certain dour-faced Scot on 75k a week, necessary to ward of HIS phantom list of suitors...
John Daley
30   Posted 19/09/2010 at 13:28:59

Tony I'Anson,

The only bells ringing are alarm bells. You sound seriously deluded and your criticism of this site and it's administrators misguided at best. Who ever proclaimed this site as being "designed to influence change at Everton"? Must've missed that ludicrous statement of intent.

The problem with your 'fanshare' proposal is it's clearly an unworkable pipe-dream, and that might explain why your posts on the matter were virtually ignored.
Nelaj Behajiha
31   Posted 19/09/2010 at 16:45:02

"Lucky". Arteta is a useless in central midfield and he'll continue to be shite in central midfield. I would have sold him and brought in Steven Defour instead a dream signing for Everton. I would of sold Jagielka as he really isn't that much better than Heitenga or Yobo. Generating around 17 million for his transfer I would of signed Hunterlaar for Everton. I would of brought in Martin Petrov as well as he would be perfect for Everton at the moment. Well anyway Moyes didn't listen to me and we have 2 points and look shite.