Daughters of Daglish

Just heard on the radio that our illustrious neighbours will lose their planning consent to build their new stadium in Stanley Park next year when it expires. The council have said it won't be getting renewed as the bigger picture, the proposed regeneration of Anfield, cannot be delayed... Great news!

This then got me thinking about our redshite neighbours... In view of the fact that they are not a top four club anymore (I enjoyed saying that)... In view of the fact that they are NOT a top four club anymore (great init?) ? should their perceived outlook from the media not be dissimilar to ours?

In fact, with their debt, mediocre manager (I actually think Woy is better than Moyes), need of a new stadium, etc ? are they not now a small club? You know what I mean, they're not challenging for the title, and not likely too, for the forseeable future (ha ha ? sorry couldn't help it.

Which brings me to the point: Should they not be happy, say finnishing sixth, maybe a cup final? Wouldn't Woy be doing a sterling job if he achieves Europa Football and a cup final appearance for them. Will he get manager of the year? Will the fans be happy with the 'this is were we are at now' approach?

The answer: No fucking chance. The reason: Daughters of Dalglish (Sons of Shankly) or whatever they care to call themselves... They won't accept it; they will, at some point, force the yanks out ? and the manager for that matter.

Now I know some knight (I mean 'twat') in shining armour will come along and save them, they will get new owners, and it will start all over again... You know, red bile about how they're gonna win everything again.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is called apathy. How did it happen? The TV pundits will never say, Woy's doing a great job there, he's kept them in the Premier League for the last 9 years, steadied the ship, blah de-fucking blah... Because he won't be there. They wouldn't put up with what we do.

Before everyone comes on here and says, "We have no money"; neither do they; "No new ground..."; neither do they. But still, the Daughters of Dalglish, will protest until they get the change they want.

Where's the Catterick Cavaliers? Howard's Heroes? ... what has happened to us?
Robert Daniels, Liverpool     Posted 21/09/2010 at 09:50:40

Comments

Ernie Baywood
1   Posted 21/09/2010 at 14:36:55

They have substantial revenue.
Norman Merrill
2   Posted 21/09/2010 at 14:32:32

Robert, as we comment on this some very rich half wit with his 5 European Cups flag, and liver bird duvet cover, is planning to invest his dads hard earned fortune. Never write those bastards off.

And on the lighter side, they do not possess like us a 24/7 investment agent. I am enjoying the moment, but something just keeps telling me that the devil looks after his own.

James Cadwaladr
3   Posted 21/09/2010 at 14:38:01

For a start I wouldn't want such a group to be called anything like any of the names above.

Sons of Shankly! Daughters of Dalglish!!

What a bunch of tosspots!
Craig Taylor
4   Posted 21/09/2010 at 15:11:03

Shame that as they have got worse, we have again too. Face facts: they are bigger than us... and, as shit as they are now on the pitch, we have done fuck all to start celebrating their demise.
Jamie Butler
5   Posted 21/09/2010 at 15:34:42

A bit off topic...... but if Liverpool don't build the stadium they have been planning for 8 years, would there be any chance of Everton moving to Stanley Park??
James Cadwaladr
6   Posted 21/09/2010 at 15:40:54

"Would there be any chance of Everton moving to Stanley Park?"
------------------------------------------------

A massive chance, Jamie. All Bill would need to do is ask Puff the Magic Dragon to sort one.
Anthony Hughes
7   Posted 21/09/2010 at 15:40:04

No chance, unless Kenwright finds £200 million quid down the back of his sofa.
Alex Kociuba
8   Posted 21/09/2010 at 15:41:41

For fucks sake, anyone would think we don't have any problems of our own to worry about. This is laughable.
Kevin Tully
9   Posted 21/09/2010 at 15:42:41

Ever since the RS have been in the financial mire, I have had a dream.

We are bought out by someone they have pissed off. We then build the new Goodison on the footprint where the new Anfield was supposed to be. We go on to untold success and riches. We twat them 5-0 in the first derby match played there.

Livin' the dream!!!
Richard Dodd
10   Posted 21/09/2010 at 15:47:57

Totally pathetic that an Evertonian should find time to write at such length about our neighbours ? although he obviously finds it brings solace to him in our own hour of need and desperation.

Some people never fail to amaze me!

Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
11   Posted 21/09/2010 at 15:57:27

This is rare, I have to admit, but I agree with you 100% in this instance, Richard. The preoccupation some Evertonians have with that lot is decidedly unhealthy to my mind. But occasionally I will allow one of the posts through, if anything to underline the thought that we should indeed be better than this.

You could argue that the news, if true, may have some impact on Everton. The fear of being stuck in the shadow of shiny New Anfield was one of the main drivers taking our club on a perilous trip to Kirkby, after all. And the issue of what to do about our stadiums is a common and seemingly insurmountable problem that possibly merits further discussion...
Charles King
12   Posted 21/09/2010 at 16:33:52

I'm not so sure we should be laughing at Liverpool right now... In desperation, should we perhaps wish they climb the league???

I have long held the belief that an unholy agreement exists between Everton and Liverppol, ie we trail dutifully a discreet distance behind them, anecdotedly about 4 to 6 places adrift in the league. If we play silly buggers by overtaking them, they invoke their devil pact and the Champions League drops in their lap or they beat us in cup finals.

Given the shambles left by the rotund Iberian and the ongoing pantomime starring Hicks and Gillete (surely related to the banjo player in the Burt Reynolds film "Deliverance"), I wonder should we be rooting for the Reds?

Admirably, we are keeping our end of the bargain but, if they don't shape up, on this basis ? we're fooked.

Alternatively, Moyes could re invigorate this club by smashing the pricks once and for all and begin to restore his and the club's credibility.

Can you get Gerry Marsden on MP3 format?

Robert Daniels
13   Posted 21/09/2010 at 16:26:09

James @ 6 ? Ha Ha ,mate, Spot on.

Alex @ 8 ? I am worrying ? about our reluctance to protest! And just meekly accept our lot.

Kev @ 9, I've had that dream as well, heaven.

Mr Doddy @ 10. ? Pathetic, solace, and hour of need?

I thought I had read somewhere we had nothing to worry about with our Davey? Are you saying, we're are in trouble?

Michael, ? I may sound preoccupied with that lot but that wasn't my intention. I was highlighting the fact that they won't accept shite results without taking some form of action and, at one time, niether would we!
Robert Daniels
14   Posted 21/09/2010 at 16:41:40

Charles,

Excellent point, I think you're right about the pact with the devil.

Deliverance, I laughed so loud, I dropped my cup of tea everywhere.

Wasn't Peter Beardsley in that as well!
Danny Burke
15   Posted 21/09/2010 at 16:36:18

Who doesn't enjoy a wry smile when they lose guys, tell me that. There is a difference between celebrating their demise and using it to illustrate a point. I believe Roberts main point was not to celebrate their demise (alright maybe just a little) but point to an apathy on our behalf in the protesting stakes. For all the moaning about Kenwright on here, there has not been a single protest to get him out of the club, no "Sack the board" chants, no banners, no angry mobs chasing a bentley (a la Agent Johnson). If everyone wanted BK out so much, his life could be made very difficult every other Saturday.

If their planning permission does expire, and they continue to be skint, and we continue to be skint with a lack of a plan B, maybe the shared stadium idea would be considered as a serious option for the first time by all parties, EFC, LFC, LCC.
Mike McLean
16   Posted 21/09/2010 at 16:53:55

And it is in the type of responses that you get your answer, Robert Daniels. Minds so numbed by bitter disappointment and, almost, guaranteed failure that apparently we have decided to take the lofty view. It hurts less.

And that's where it went wrong. As soon as the forty five or fifty thousand lost their anger, shook their heads, and became the thrity five thousand Stepford Wives.

It may well have been a succession of tossers in Chairman's clothing who dragged the club down to its current position, but there were many hands being sat on who allowed it to happen.

Happily we now have a name for these nodding doggies: Doddites. Lick an arse here, sniff a groin there. Everything is too, too wonderful in the Land That Kenwright, Johnson and Carter built.

Call them what you will, I admire those spirited fans "over there" for being prepared to get off their behinds, organise and put pressure on. They won't accept second best; we think it's luxury after years of third best.
David Price
17   Posted 21/09/2010 at 17:02:02

Heard that on Radio City today, so the council take the ground offer away and the club value is reduced by £250m and then makes them easier to be bought.
So, it isn't good news, some rich bitch gets them on the cheap, wipes the debt out and invests in the team. Would rather they tied up all their cash in a ground for the next ten years or go bust because of it.
Here we have Everton, what would our value be to be bought outright.
£30m debt, so for anyone with decent cash its a steal at £50-60m with the same amount for players.
Only one thing stopping this and it's surely the owners refusal to sell.
I know, be careful what you wish for etc but we can't go on like this .
Phil Bellis
18   Posted 21/09/2010 at 17:11:16

"Richard Dodd in Need and Desperation Shocker"
Now that IS worrying and well worth commenting on - really shows how deeply the fans are concerned about the team and management performances
Robert Daniels
19   Posted 21/09/2010 at 17:36:18

Tell you what, We must be in serious shit if Mr Doddy thinks its our hour of need? Now Ii am worried.
David Barks
20   Posted 21/09/2010 at 17:30:19

The difference being that when Moyes came here we were battling delegation, whereas they just came off one bad season where yet finished 7th. Whereas we had come off season after season at the lower half of the league, they recently won the Champions League. Not exactly the same situation is it, no matter how hard you want to convince yourself it is. Again, they just had one bad season where for the first time they missed out on the champions league. We've had one season where we qualified for the Champions League. It's not the fucking same.

Enough of the focus on that side. Fuck them. Worry about Everton. We need to win games, which other than two times a season has nothing to do with that side. They and we can be pissed off with the ownership all we want. But the fact is regardless of our spending this summer, the team we put out this weekend and against Wolves was far superior to the opposition. They and the manager have underachieved. That has nothing to do with Kenwright, other than BK signing quite a few of those players to to improved contracts this very summer only for the likes of Arteta to underperform.
Mike Oates
21   Posted 21/09/2010 at 17:38:32

One thing which is quite clear unfortunately for Merseyside is that's its way behind London and Manchester on its ability to pull in the megabulks corporate investment.

Mersyside has never ever had a decent strategy to develop itself as London and Manchester has and it shows. We now become a poor 3rd behind the former two in its ability to bring revenue in and both clubs are suffering because of this. And the trouble is I dont see it ever changing for the good.
Ste Traverse
22   Posted 21/09/2010 at 17:39:10

Whatever you say about the RS fans,they are not happy with mediocrity and demand change. We on the other hand..........

It drives me to despair when l hear blues still saying they are happy with Bill Kenwright.
James I'Anson
23   Posted 21/09/2010 at 17:45:13

Mike Mclean, agree 110%.

If this shit carries on i'm gonna write a letter.
That'll show them.
Rob Hollis
24   Posted 21/09/2010 at 18:08:26

So we are reduced to enjoying somebody else beat Liverpool.
I enjoy that, but only in a small minded snidy sort of way.
Clutching for solace as our tactically weak manager reduces a team of good players to a group who have not got a clue what they are supposed to be doing. Angry that he can't see what 35,000 of us see every time we play at home.
Liverpool are still recognised as a top four club. The one time we were during the Premier League was seen as a glitch in the usual run of things. A fact reinforced by Arsenal seven times a few days later.
When we have improved it has become obvious that certain players are out of their depth. As we aim for the top tier it seems that our Manager is being exposed in the same way.
Sad.
Andrew Mackenzie
25   Posted 21/09/2010 at 18:40:13

We do have a group of people looking after our interests, I believe they are called KEIOC and were mercilessly slagged off during their campaign but after the public enquiry announcement everyone appeared to be a 'No' voter!?

As for fans groups, well the ?Shareholders Association? barely raised a murmur at Billy Bullshit removing the AGM, albeit legitimately, while hanging onto the banner of ?the People's Club?.

I actually feel sorry for the soft gits. They are delusional at best and are living in some time warp between 1965 and 1988. Sadly, for both clubs things have moved on.

I dislike the red shite (hate is too strong a word), but I prefer to focus on my club which to be fair I think the post is about. Saturday was a disgrace and to be honest if I bumped into Davey or any of the players I would have asked for my money back and for them to pay my air fair to the next home game, but more importantly I would have asked him what the hell he is going to do about it.

Off the pitch they both need their heads banged together and set up for a joint ground in SP, problem is no-one is in control at Anfield? of course if they do go bust we could buy Anfield, tear down the Kop and re-seat in blue! We were the first league winners there after all!

COYB
Steve Mink
26   Posted 21/09/2010 at 19:00:06

Don't share the obsession which some here have with LFC - to me they are just a tema some of my best friends support.

However, if this brings the prospect of a ground share any close then it is good news. It's the only option which makes sense to both clubs and the City.
Charles King
27   Posted 21/09/2010 at 18:38:13

The liverpool baiting appears an era thing to me.

If you're old enough to savour the pre shankly and early 60s period or your experiences revolve around the halcyon Kendal mk1 era I think you're lucky.

If, like me, your formative years were the 70s you carry a wound that will heal only when we restore ourselves as top team in the city.

Can't be adult about it, shrug it off , take the broader view in my opinion our failure to take them on is one of the reasons we have an apathy alluded to by Robert's post.
I remember Shanks saying his aim was to be top dogs in the city of liverpool, if you did that there'd be a good chance you'd be top of the league.
Might not be exactly true now but it'd be a good start.
Marc Williams
28   Posted 21/09/2010 at 19:32:06

Don't get your hopes up about that lot coming a cropper ..... They've the luck of the Devil & no matter what they do they always seem to come out alright, usually at someome else's expense.

Marc Williams
29   Posted 21/09/2010 at 19:32:06

Nelaj Behajiha
30   Posted 21/09/2010 at 20:52:29

I think some of you have missed the point is think the poster was implying that Everton start a similar group. I he isn't I really don't see the point of this post.
Dick Fearon
31   Posted 21/09/2010 at 23:40:32

We are going through our worst period in recent memory and all some are only concerned about our neighbours.
It is the equivalent of grasping at straws and laughing because they also are in the drink.
Roy Coyne
32   Posted 22/09/2010 at 00:46:17

Please, lads... while we hate them, they are just another club.
Liu Weixian
33   Posted 22/09/2010 at 03:18:23

Now, now, let's not be so happy yet, shall we?

Regardless of the Shite's current form or debt, investors will always be interested in them. NOBODY gives a damn about Everton in other parts of the world but you can find Shite shirts and other merchandise in every bloody sports shop. If you were an investor, who would you prefer to put your $ in? A club with great market share and penetration, which translates to big revenue streams, or an unfashionable club playing rubbish football and never winning a damn thing?!
Alan Clarke
34   Posted 22/09/2010 at 10:02:07

I was hoping you had some gossip on Kenny's actual daughters. From what I've seen, if you managed to get them to model an Everton shirt, they're nice specimens.
Craig Walker
35   Posted 22/09/2010 at 13:18:23

They're the worst Liverpool team for 18 years and we're still below them! Somebody posted on TW last week, how many points do we need after 10 or 15 games in order to be satisifed and still in contention?

The question should be, how many do you think we'll get?

I think somewhere between 2 and 5.

At least we can concentrate on a relegation dogfight without any distracting cup competitions.
Tim Muzio
36   Posted 22/09/2010 at 13:46:19

Although its a nice thought about Liverpool, I would like to say we should concentrate on our own game before we worry about others
Lee Kidd
37   Posted 22/09/2010 at 14:36:51

Can't believe people are finding time to have a pop at Liverpool when we've enjoyed the worst start to the season in recent memory.
Robert Daniels
38   Posted 22/09/2010 at 16:33:53

I think a lot of people missed the point of the post.

I was in fact jealous of the fact that they won't accept shit (Brentford etc, 8½ years...) so they protest.

And the question was, Dick , Roy, Lee, and Tim, why don't we!?!

Allan @ 34, I wouldn't mind seeing that myself.
James Flynn
39   Posted 23/09/2010 at 05:53:41

Interesting article over here about the state of European football finance. Go here if you feel like reading it:

With that, a question: How far-fetched is LFC going into administration? Remember, the owners want, and will get their money. They're well-known over here. Believe me, LFC's "tradition" means shit to them.

Since the major cost is salary, can't you see the best players being dumped to get rid of their salaries and making the team more attractive to buyers?

Following, won't that make LFC a relegation candidate this season?

Alan Chadwick
40   Posted 23/09/2010 at 05:55:12

Cobblers to the Carling Cup! Osman Is My Hero!!!

Nice one, Northampton's Abdul.

Looked a little stronger than Leon's backpass belters.

Isn't life lovely when the shoe is on the other foot?

Light relief from our own woes

For now...

Ryan Jones
41   Posted 23/09/2010 at 13:59:12

I'm sick to death of Liverpool FC, we can't do anything without them going one better.

We finish in a Champions League spot, they win the Champions League. We go out of the League Cup to League One Brentford, they go out to League Two Northampton...

I bet money that if we're on course to finish bottom of the Premier League this season, they'll go into administration just to get the necessary deduction of points to beat us to that honour.

I tell you, we Evertonians can't have anything without them ruining it. ;)