Kenwright is at it again

I've just seen our illustrious Chairman on Sky Sports News ? apparently we have 3 interested parties interested in buying the club. Is this another rouse or coincidently the fact we have been shite and are bottom of the league?

After hearing the usual, "We need to work harder"; "We're too good to be down" here, now it?s "The club?s for sale"!!!

After so many false dawns and lies, I wouldn't believe him if he said today was Monday.

Tommy Hesketh, Walton     Posted 27/09/2010 at 19:25:02

Comments

Jim Feeney
1   Posted 27/09/2010 at 20:52:54

Forgive me for being cynical but I for one wont hold my breath or watch this space for the investment to materialise.
Darren Dempsey
2   Posted 27/09/2010 at 20:55:30

Here we go again, build us up for another big fall! If it happens it happens. Like Jim said dont hold your breath! COYB
John Brennan
3   Posted 27/09/2010 at 20:57:17

Well, I am one of the interested parties--- you see, I represent a conglomerate from Kyrgistan, and myself and my comrades have always been interested in buying your club with Mr Gerrard and Mr Royle together,yes, we know all about you Manchester people-----
Jamie Tulacz
4   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:07:12

And I'm a Nigerian businessman, interested in the history of your glorious club.

If you give me your bank details and send me a blank cheque I will deposit the money...
Nick Entwistle
5   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:09:29

Why I just love you quaint ways over there in the United England of Britain and your soccer sport is just dandy. Now I've taken out a loan from the above Nigerian fellow to buy your franchise and will take it all the way to the top, and when I do, perhaps take some of you out to Asia to see him. YEEEHAAWWWWW!
Mike McLean
6   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:11:05

There's one absolutely certain thing: a majority of match going fans will trust him sufficiently not to mount any kind of protest.

Perhaps they're right.

Or perhaps he's a manipulative con artist.

David Barks
7   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:31:41

You know the funniest thing about these protests is that the owners laugh at that protest all the way to the bank. Because all the people protesting in the stands, whether it be the green and gold at Manchester United or those at the Liverpool matches, they all bought tickets. They all paid that owner, to protest that owner.

It's astounding. It's like paying to go see a movie to say how terrible it is and you won't pay for it. Paying for a piece of veal at a restaurant to protest the restaurant serving veal. Buying a fur coat to protest fur coats.

If you want to protest, stop going, period. Don't spend the money, don't buy the new jersey each year, don't buy the merchandise. How many jerseys do you need anyway? I canceled my Everton TV subscription last year and am glad I did. I'm not buying any more merchandise and I'm glad I stopped. And I won't be going to matches, and I'm glad I'm not.

Tony McNulty
8   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:38:57

A client paid one of my invoices the other day. When I called to thank his Russian secretary (she had been instrumental in driving it through her firm?s Finance Department), she said to me: ?Like we say in Russia, ?it was not even one year.??

I have become as cynical and as inured as the rest of us as regards Fortress Knox, Swiss Chocolate Bankers, mysterious Norwegians and the rest. But one thought does occur to me. What will some Toffeewebbers actually say, when some money turns up?

Charles King
9   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:37:50

You can set your clock by Kenwright.

Natives show signs of unrest, mumblings about finances.......

Cue BK......lights, camera, ACTION.

"good news regarding potential investment. blah blah blah, boys pen, blah blah blah, Dixie, blah blah, blah ich ein streetender"

The vitamins he must take to fuck the whole Everton family on such a regular basis.
Ciarán McGlone
10   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:50:59

"I know. There?s a Spanish expression: 'it will happen when frogs have hairs'. But what will the more vociferous of the anti-Kenwright brigade say if some dosh actually arrives???"

I won't be saying anything... I'll be too busy eating a bag of hats ? the man's full of mad dog's keek... so I won't have to worry too much about indigestion from cotton.
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
11   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:58:56

All ribbing aside, in the interest of establishing the record... I can't find anything out there confirming this story. Please post any links you find here. Thanks
Chris Hannon
12   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:55:43

ToffeeWeb, NSNO and Bluekipper all come together to organise a protest against the shite. "Sack the board, sack the board" echoes around the ground for half an hour before kick off! Kenwright vanishes off the face of the earth for months.
David Thomas
13   Posted 27/09/2010 at 21:52:16

Mike,

What sort of protest have you got in mind?

The two teams with the biggest fan bases in the country have tried this protest at the match approach and it does not seem to have got them very far. Hicks / Gillet and the Glazers are still in their respective positions and show no sign of moving anytime soon.
Tony McNulty
14   Posted 27/09/2010 at 22:04:27

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/27/chairman-on-season-so-far?page=fullOn the OS at the bottom of this piece
Rob Hollis
15   Posted 27/09/2010 at 22:35:39

David Barks, You have done all the right things but you do care ? which is why you are here with the rest of us saddos discussing the future of something we never have controlled and never will.

I am usually quite rational in normal life but football brings out the counter-culture in my personality. You are still an addict, David, so buy another ticket... you will in the end.

Austin Heath
16   Posted 27/09/2010 at 22:36:13

I have no idea if Mr Kenwright has ever responded to any of the posts aimed against him / Moyes / the club in General? ? If you read this Mr Kenwright, why do you insist on trotting out the same old tired cliches and complete and utter bollocks every time the fans get restless? Do you really believe that people are that stupid they will keep on believing your lies?

Let's face facts, you blew it with the Kings Dock and you have been back-pedalling ever since. There are no investors, not even Nigerian Royals looking for somewhere to rest their money... Here is an idea ? try telling the truth; people may not like it, but they will respect you and the club more for it.

James I'Anson
17   Posted 27/09/2010 at 23:23:48

Mike Mclean ? Spot on.

Tony McNulty ? Even if Bill turned up with £50M tomorrow, I'd tell him to shove it up his lying grey arse. Too little too late.

Enough is enough.

David Barks
18   Posted 27/09/2010 at 23:31:34

Rob,

I really will not spend any more money on Everton for the time being, not until I see it as a product trying to be the best. There could be many reasons why I don't feel the way I used to about Everton, but it doesn't bother me the way it once did because, in the end, Everton weren't playing for a Championship this season.

Putting so much time and worrying so much about a team trying at best to finish 4th is pointless to me now. If I was a Chelsea supporter, I would be engaged, the games would mean something. But right now, in Everton's situation, what does it really matter if you finish 8th or 17th? The team gets a bit more money but that doesn't really matter when it comes to Everton. As we've seen, no money is spent in the Summer... whether we finish 4th, 5th, 6th or 8th. And it definitely has no impact on the individual supporter.

Honestly, I just don't really care any more. I don't see why I should let an Everton team that is run by people who do not have the ability to have them contending, ruin my day. I've said it before on other posts but it's truly how I feel now. Everton FC is an inferior product. Separate out the emotion and it is insane to continue to spend time, money and emotions on an inferior product.

But it's not just Everton, it's the entire league to be honest. The top 4 has been dominant for years, it's boring now. So Liverpool has dropped out of it only to be replaced by Spurs one odd year, just as we did.

But you're fooling yourselves if you don't think the new ruling class will be United, Chelsea, Arsenal and City. The rest will be battling for 5th, 6th, and hoping that maybe Arsenal have a poor run one season. But that doesn't interest me any further.

I wish the supporters would for once vote with their wallets and stay away from the matches. Our teams have no chance, why watch?

Martin Handley
19   Posted 27/09/2010 at 23:45:21

Right, can we put this to bed once and for all? Yes, Billy boy can be cringeworthy and embarrassing when he opens his mouth, but it's not his fault we're bottom, it's Moyes's with his tactical ineptitude.This is just BK's way of distracting from that and taking the flak away from the manager.

So we give credit where it's due... let's give stick where it's due at the minute and that's with the manager.

Roy Coyne
20   Posted 27/09/2010 at 23:43:53

As far as I know, an American chap called Hicks was so impressed by the warm greetings from Everton fans that, after he picks up his nice little earner across the park, he is going to invest in us. Are we really expected to believe that, after a fourth place, a cup final without a sniff of investor or buyer ? despite poor Bill working 24/7 ? when we go bottom, there are three interested parties?
Gavin Ramejkis
21   Posted 27/09/2010 at 23:51:23

The trouble is Martin that its one and the same cancer, DM has a wafer thin squad of reasonable players. He is directly to blame for not playing players where they should be, sticking with favourites despite loss of form/lack of ability and he is to blame for the rigid 4-5-1 no matter what.

He isn't to blame for the lack of financial clout to address the lack of right winger for years and counting... or a desperately needed striker capable of scoring plenty of goals; that would be Kenwright; whilst the two of them are loved up in the ivory tower, the two will get my blame together.

James I'Anson
22   Posted 27/09/2010 at 23:58:14

Martin
Ssshhh
I'm in bed. That's it sorted then.
Alex Kociuba
23   Posted 28/09/2010 at 00:04:23

24/7
Chris Jones
24   Posted 28/09/2010 at 00:02:08

It's in the Mail:

So it must be true...
Martin Handley
25   Posted 28/09/2010 at 00:04:28

Gavin, you're right to say they are in it together, but let's look at the striker evidence: Beattie £6.5M, Yak £11.75M, Johnson £8.6M ? all expensive, all good strikers, 20+ a season... get to Everton and struggle. Now that isn't BK's fault ? it's Moyes's and his coaching methods and lack of interpersonal skills, eg, slating them in public.

James (#21): Wakey, wakey! Some of us works shifts... lol

Steve Collins
26   Posted 28/09/2010 at 00:32:27

Above is the sky sports link. I read it after I watched the interview. He never once mentioned the club is for sale.

I am fed up about hearing about him. He could talk about an unrelated topic and people would spin it into how wrong he has been for everton.

Yes we get it we all dislike the man give it a rest.
Steve Collins
27   Posted 28/09/2010 at 00:36:12

Sorry, I meant to finish with, "he just goes on to talk about the same spiel he has mentioned many a time about potential investors and due diligence and nothing right etc...

He never once confirms the club is for sale or not ? just his usual always looking for help/investment. Same old story; different day...
Kevin Tully
28   Posted 28/09/2010 at 01:08:38

Sky Sports are reporting Kenwright in talks with three interested parties to buy EFC.

Could it finally be happening?

Jay Harris
29   Posted 28/09/2010 at 01:52:42

I thought this quote was particularly relevant:

"Where are we right at this moment? There are three sets of people I am talking to at the moment but how many times have we spoken over the years? If I gave you the list of people who have been in to see me...last year there were two guys who I promise you was convinced, the lawyers were convinced, Keith Harris was convinced. We thought we had them and they were terrific but at the end of the day when it comes to the money nobody turns up - after months of legals and due diligence."

Unless the shareholders (including the ones we don't know about) reduce their asking price, we will not sell to anyone but a mug or a rich bored foreigner.

Watch this space ? it's getting bigger.
John Daley
30   Posted 28/09/2010 at 01:52:07

"Hello, it's Bill Kenwright here, I'm just calling to enquire whether you would be interested in investing in Everton Football Club. It really does represent a wonderful opportunity that one...

"Sorry? Bill. Bill Kenwright.

"No, you don't know me. Well, you might do actually. Theatre impresario and ex-Coronation Street bit-parter Bill Kenwright?

"No, no, it was years ago. I played Betty's son. Yeah, yeah that's it. That was me, ha ha.

"Anyway, as I was saying, Everton Football Club are currently in need of serious financial.... What? No, I don't eat hotpot in real life. <:P> Where was I? I'm phoning to offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity to become a major investor in a Premier League foot... Pardon?

"No I can't put bloody Ken Barlow on the phone. I'm trying to put forward a serious business proposition here, love, and you just....Hello? Hello? Bollocks.

"BLOODY TIMEWASTER! I can't believe I've been working my way through this phone book 24/7 for the last three years and I still haven't got anywhere. I wonder if Robert's having better luck with the 'Yellow Pages'?"

Matt Traynor
31   Posted 28/09/2010 at 03:36:07

#10 Michael, good luck with finding the links. There aren't any.

Shock horror shit start (again) and the press reports that some fans may be turning against BK rather than DM.

So time for BK to roll out the PR machine.

In 12 months time, this will be added to the ever-increasing list of "Billisms".

- cheque in the bank tomorrow
- KD money ringfenced.

etc. etc.
Ste Traverse
32   Posted 28/09/2010 at 04:53:04

So Bill's bullshit machine has kicked into action, "3 interested partys etc etc". Heard it all before. Sorry Bill but your words sort of just bounce off us now you lying toerag.
Paul Oakes
33   Posted 28/09/2010 at 06:15:57

David Thomas - Sometimes only acts of violence against them works. Trust me Agent Johnson soon got the fuck out of Dodge and all this is another "blah blah blah... you stupid fucks look into my eyes, its in my eyes... you will not kick me out, you will believe my lies when I tell you more shit than what resides in a sewerage...on the count of 3 you will wake up and remember that you trust me"

Anyway, the only type of person who'd believe this lying fat twat are non Evertonians and kids... I mean what person could possibly believe his continuous lies... especially knowing how much fucking trouble he is in.

The moyse out chanting last week is forcing his hand or the lies from his throat who knows..but he is starting to shit himself just that little bit.
Michael Brien
34   Posted 28/09/2010 at 07:28:28

At the risk of being labelled a Kenwright apologist - which by the way I am not - I merely believe that blaming Kenwright for absolutely everything that's wrong at Everton is at best simplistic - I would like to point to the example of Blackburn Rovers.

Why Blackburn Rovers you ask ?? Well wasn't it just a matter of a few weeks ago that the news was full of an impending takeover of Blackburn Rovers ? And big Sam was going to be given a transfer budget/warchest of £100M!!!?? I recall that in response to these stories there was no end of critical posts by irate Evertonians on TW - Kenwright was slagged off. Why was someone interested in buying Blackburn and investing money in them and nobody was interested in buying Everton?

Well what happened to that takeover ? Where is this £100M transfer warchest for Big Sam to spend? It appears to have gone quiet on that one doesn't it? The other day I read a story in the paper about Portsmouth. I have to confess that I skimmed over some of the finer details of their financial matters - who owned what holding company etc as I found reading War and Peace far easier to follow !! The point is that takeover deals are not as easy or straight forward in reality are they ? - as LIverpool FC are finding out.

Were these American guys who bought LFC hated from the start? I don't seem to think that was the case? Weren't the Chinese supposed to be interested back in June/July ? In terms of club ownership - the grass always seems to be greener on the other side so to speak for us Evertonians. We seem to be the only club that has such problems - look at the recent examples I have mentioned and it is clear that we are not. Indeed there are several clubs in a far worse state and have far worse owners.

Liam Reilly
35   Posted 28/09/2010 at 07:45:37

Paul Oakes #33
"Sometimes only acts of violence against them works"

I sincerely hope you are not serious with that moronic remark.

Regardless what Bill is or isn't for that matter, a threat of violence against the man is despicable. No true Evertonian would stand with you on that nonsense.
Guy Hastings
36   Posted 28/09/2010 at 07:59:22

In this economic climate I would be extremely suspicious of anyone who claimed they were not only interested in buying a major sports concern but could provide the outlay required to improve both playing squad and infrastructure. A simple 'show me three months bank statements' would do before bothering to enter any form of negotiation - after all, it's what you need to provide just to get something knocked off your council tax.
Alan Clarke
37   Posted 28/09/2010 at 08:01:09

I can confirm I have contacted Kenwright as an interested party. This Wednesday's lotto is a rollover jackpot of £10 million and Firday's Euromillions is an estimated £82 million. If my numbers come in I will be showing Kenwright the money. The other 2 interested parties, I can confirm, are my brother and my dad who have also bought lottery tickets.
Jonathan Stockdale
38   Posted 28/09/2010 at 08:11:42

Jay harris (#29) "Yes after months of due diligence!! ? which revealed that EFC with its current shareholding structure is unsaleable."

It's an interesting thought. When Bill mentions months of due diligence - he doesn't mention who is doing it.

It's like going for a job interview and the interviewer believes the interview is one sided. Do they ever consider the person applying for the job may have other options and not want to work for a 2 bit employer with no vision.
Eric Myles
39   Posted 28/09/2010 at 08:47:24

This comment from Roy coyne #20 is well worth repeating.
"Are we really expected to believe that, after a fourth place, a cup final without a sniff of investor or buyer ? despite poor Bill working 24/7 ? when we go bottom, there are three interested parties?"
David Thomas
40   Posted 28/09/2010 at 08:43:34

Liam,

You got in there before me.

Paul Oakes,

are you being serious with the violence threat?

Also, thats the second time you have mentioned "Moyes Out" chants from last week. I presume you are talking about either the brentford game or Fulham game? I was in the top tier at the brentford game and row jj for the fulham game and did not hear one "Moyes Out" chant. Please can you confirm which game you are talking about, because whichever game it was the people chanting "Moyes Out" must have been doing it very quietly.
Oliver Molloy
41   Posted 28/09/2010 at 09:41:31

B.K. quote.."'The name of the game isn't 'get out of relegation' this season, believe me. The name of the game is 'get up there', towards the European places.

No Bill the name of the game is sticking the ball in the net-it's simple-...but you need strikers to do that....and strikers cost money.

Phil Martin
42   Posted 28/09/2010 at 10:19:50

@ post #13

"The two teams with the biggest fan bases in the country have tried this protest at the match approach and it does not seem to have got them very far."

I have to disagree. They may not yet have disposed of their unwelcome owners. However they've made their plights international news. Everybody who is (and some who aren't) interested in football has heard of their unrest. How many non Man United fans knew who Newton Heath and what their colours were, before all this?
Nobody outside of the Everton fanbase knows of our growing unrest and most think we are content with King Bill and his luvvies.
Fans can't force takeovers but they can add pressure. However most Everton fans are far too apathetic. Years of mediocrity and neglect have stripped us of the ambition we once had for our club.
Starved of transfer funds and investment we have accepted our place as a Premiership second tier club. Moyes has worked wonders, but he knows we can never progress without more (or ANY) investment. But he appreciates Everton is a fine club and I believe wouldnt seek employment elsewhere unless offered a Champs League club with massively more resources.
We should be thankful for that, despite our current position.

But what really kills me (and a lot of my mates) is that when there is a sniff of unrest or pressure from us fans. Billy is there with a nice little quote/non-story/soundbite to deflect the criticism. From "Nobody wants to buy Everton" to "5 or 6 interested parties a year". Whatever words are necessary to quell the unruly fans, will be spoken.
"I love Everton, but we need a billionaire".

10 years on, we're in more debt, and even further from investment then we've ever been. Don't get me started on Kings Dock, Goodison being condemed by H&S, or Destination Kirkby!
Brian Noble
43   Posted 28/09/2010 at 10:49:09

Same old, same old! Just believe nothing he ever says and ?as the man said ? don`t hold your breath!
David Thomas
44   Posted 28/09/2010 at 11:53:41

Phil,

I am not sayin these protests have not been in the media on a global basis. The point i am making is that both sets of fans have carried out protests over the last few years with the goal of getting rid of the current owners and after all these protests and media coverage do the Glazers or Hicks and Gillet show any sign of leaving now more than they did when the protests started?
Norman Merrill
45   Posted 28/09/2010 at 12:05:48

Michael Brien, c 34. You are right in what you say about the Blackburn Indian takeover interest. In the news mentioned on Sky Sports yesterday, it stated that Bill Kenwright was looking at three possible investors. As far as I know, there has been no official comment from Kenwright to deny or confirm, so you wonder why not?

Going back to the Blackburn saga, they had a couple of Indian guys walking around the ground on Sky news, maybe they were looking for the local curry house?

Brian McCarthy
46   Posted 28/09/2010 at 14:16:32

Those wanting Kenwright and Moyes out should be careful what they wish for!!! Stay with and Where we are enjoy the ride.
Richard Reeves
47   Posted 28/09/2010 at 13:51:01

If it was happening at another club, I'd be laughing my bollocks off but the lies are coming from our own joke of a chairman. If Kenwright really does believe in Moyes then he should've made money available before the season started but if he gets any kind of money for Moyes to spend now, then it will look like Kenwright has somehow performed a miracle.

Moyes spends a bit of money ? we go up the league ?Moyes gets praise from the media for turning our season around ? Kenwright gets praise from the media for working hard to get some money from behind the sofa ? Kenwright comes on Sky explaining that he's still looking 24-7 for a buyer ? some of us fans are just glad not to be involved in a relegation battle and hope that Moyes has learned from his mistakes this season (which he never will)... and so it goes on and on and on.

If Kenwright wants to do something right for a change then he should save whatever money he can get for the next manager because Moyes needs to go by the end of the season. All this talk about a buyer is just a smokescreen (AGAIN!).

Chris Regan
48   Posted 28/09/2010 at 14:27:44

Please God, let it be true!

Personally I dont believe Bill. But, if someone does buy us, let's just hope they are nothing like the Cowboys across the park!

In Moyes I still trust!
Anthony Hughes
49   Posted 28/09/2010 at 15:03:12

I dont get this "In Moyes I Trust" thing.... Trust him to do what?
Steven Kendrew
50   Posted 28/09/2010 at 15:17:43

I am sick of many of the negative, "boo boys" who write on this site. They are the same mentality of people who would have had Kendall sacked in 1985. Think what we would have missed out on then! I really wouldn't want to rely on some of you in a fight, I can tell you. As Ronnie John's might say, "Harden the fuck up!

As for someone buying EFC, people whinge when there is no news from BK, others whinge when he comes out and tells us the latest. He can't win!

Get to the game, buy the gear and support the lads and we might get somewhere, otherwise sod off!! We don't need you and your negativity.
Chris Keightley
51   Posted 28/09/2010 at 15:37:24

Steven, just to let you know the majority of the negative comments are from die hard season ticket holders who are sick to the back teeth in what is happening at EFC ? please keep your baiting to yourself mate!!
Ste Traverse
52   Posted 28/09/2010 at 16:03:48

Steven. Yes lets kid ourselves everything is rosey in the Goodison garden when it isn't.

Telling lifelong fans to "sod off" shows you up as a bit of a beaut.
Brian Waring
53   Posted 28/09/2010 at 16:05:42

The thing is Steven, it is the timing of his latest load of bullshit. Bottom of the league, no money, unrest amongst the natives, and then suprise, suprise BK starts spouting his crap.

I would rather the man just shut the fuck up.
Steve Edwards
54   Posted 28/09/2010 at 16:23:45

Some of the comments above have been extremely amusing and even though I'm far from happy with the plight of the club, I've had a good chuckle.

On a serious note, I do feel that if a new owner were to materialize and I agree its a big IF, I feel we will only get one chance at this. If you look at the plight of ours neighbours across the park, they are now in a very vulnerable positon.

Their former owner cared about his club but he made the mistake of selling to the wrong persons. Now thats all gone tits up, the people now in charge don't give monkeys fuck about Liverpool Football Club. The only thing that they are interested in, whether its the bank or the people carrying out the ownership transfer, is cutting the right deal for themselves. How many life long Liverpool supporters are involved the the negotiations? Are the present owners concerned about the history and traditions of the club? Probably quite the opposite after the abuse that they have taken. They just what to make a few bob.

Its all very well wanting investment but if your not carefull you could be selling the club to the devil. Poor Portsmouth, they have been passed around from owner to owner and are a good example of what can happen if you don't get it right first time.

I'm sick to death of the crap that Kenwright comes out with but maybe, just maybe, as a lifelong Evertonian he is frightened to death of selling to the wrong person. If that is the case then I think that it would be wise for all of us to share that fear. Just be carefull what you wish for.
Mike Green
55   Posted 28/09/2010 at 17:14:05

You lot are so bloody cynical.

It's very clear Bill's talking to three people about investing in the club.

The interviewer, the cameraman and the sound engineer.....
David Price
56   Posted 28/09/2010 at 17:13:57

Stevan is right: just get behind the lads. If Kenwright is in discussion with 3 parties then fine, take it as face value. No need to get excited at any false dawns, no need to criticise as smoke and mirrors, just have a bit of faith while we have stability at the club. Something I know a lot of Kopites would love at their club.
James I'Anson
57   Posted 28/09/2010 at 17:51:10

Steve Edwards
I think your right mate, we have to get it right first time.

Who trusts Bill Kenwright to pick our next owner?
Oliver Molloy
58   Posted 28/09/2010 at 18:22:00

Steve Edwards...........53
Have no fear about Kenwright selling to the wrong person,whoever it is will probably have to a full medical at Finch Farm!!

James I'Anson ......56

I do.
James I'Anson
59   Posted 28/09/2010 at 18:36:55

Oliver
What is it that gives you such confidence?
Steve Edwards
60   Posted 28/09/2010 at 18:52:29

James... 56. Good point, I'm not sure if I do but going back to the predicament at LFC. What if the Chairman of The Royal Bank of Scotland (I think its them who own LFC now) is a Man Utd supporter or who knows, he could be an Evertonian! Now wouldn't that be fun.
Andy Crooks
61   Posted 28/09/2010 at 18:59:04

Brian McCarthy, are you enjoying the ride at the moment? Have to agree though it will get pretty exciting when the deadly double act head us toward the Championship.
Malcolm Szuplewski
62   Posted 28/09/2010 at 19:32:45

Why would anyone want to buy Everton?
Jamie Tulacz
63   Posted 28/09/2010 at 20:11:57

To be fair to Kenwright, there are a lot of cowboys out there, as shown by the takeovers at Pompey, United and the Shite (and maybe Nick Entwistle #5?!)

But although we're not necessarily the most attractive proposition out there, I struggle to think that there's no interest from anyone who is financially viable. There seem to be plenty of smaller clubs than us attracting interest from investors.
Craig Taylor
64   Posted 28/09/2010 at 21:01:43

"Cou..ollocks..gh"

Not even the press are over this, thats how convincing he is.
Eugene Ruane
65   Posted 28/09/2010 at 22:19:06

Steven Kendrew, you say..

"I am sick of many of the negative, "boo boys" who write on this site. They are the same mentality of people who would have had Kendall sacked in 1985"

1985?

Let me assure you that having just pissed the league and the ECWC in 85, not one single Evertonian was calling for Howie's dome.
Kunal Desai
66   Posted 28/09/2010 at 23:38:09

"Kenwright is one of the UK's most successful theatre producers" according to wiki.

Fast becoming a comedian if you ask me, don't give up your day job Billy.
Andrew Presly
67   Posted 29/09/2010 at 01:27:40

Bill Kenwright is the guy we all wish we were, ie, he's earned enough to get involved and then take over EFC (in troubled times, for a tuppence)....he's obviously a limited business man, by today's standards not rich and has got a PhD in b/s but yet again... who else?

Got to admit also that if we ever got a billionaire backer and won things, I wouldn't enjoy that at all.
Martin Hughes
68   Posted 29/09/2010 at 11:56:49

Has anyone got any idea's of who are the potential suitors of our great club? Maybe if we knew who it was/is we might have a different angle to work on!
Oliver Molloy
69   Posted 29/09/2010 at 11:45:15

James I'Anson ......59

Because no matter what you think of the man he is a real Evertonian, the guy has done all he can for the club, money-wise, and will only sell to a buyer who he believes will do their best for EFC.
Martin Handley
70   Posted 29/09/2010 at 19:53:06

Gents, what we need to do is look at what he actually said. He's talking to 3 potential INVESTORS, not buyers, so he's not looking to sell the club but bring in extra dosh to give to Moyes. So all those hoping to see the back of BK have built their hopes up for nought.

Also, in my humble opinion, any potential investor would probably give Moyes till Xmas and, if our form is still deserting us, would probably insist on him being removed.

Who would come in you ask? Well with new investors, there would probably be a fair few people Jol, Hiddink to name but two. Without investors only only name O'Neill god forbid.

But this is all just conjecture because what will probably happen is ... well, let's just wait and see!

Jonathan Stockdale
71   Posted 29/09/2010 at 21:21:16

Why would anyone want to "invest"? What do they get out of it as an investor - satisfaction, shares, a return on investment, what?
Martin Handley
72   Posted 29/09/2010 at 21:53:47

Who knows they may just be kind philanthropists!
Or it could be a quick way to get rid of the old board by buying a set amount of shares as a way in off BK then buying out all the minor shareholders 'till you're the majority shareholder and forcing BK and his cronies out.