Waited for this moment

I am sure I will be slated for this - but all my life I have said I don't care if we finished 17th as long as Liverpool were 18th. Well after all these years, that is where we find ourselves tonight. Oh for the season to end now!

Yes, they will probably take a point at least from Blackpool and push us back into the bottom 3, but just for these 24 hours I am going to enjoy the banter, ribbing and humour of the rivalry between our clubs.

Of course, by 2 weeks from now - when we beat them in the Derby, we will go back above them and also to mid table obscurity - but for tomorrow when I greet our vicar I will just re-assure him that they are probably too good to go down.

Don't you just love football!?
Phil Roberts, Kelsall, Cheshire     Posted 02/10/2010 at 23:54:07

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
1   Posted 03/10/2010 at 07:09:40

Okay, I know many of you are simply bursting... let's have an intermittent thread about LFC...
Eugene Ruane
2   Posted 03/10/2010 at 08:46:04

I'll tell you what, Liverpool have a hard game today.

Football.

Ithang-YEW!
Iain Love
3   Posted 03/10/2010 at 09:36:35

Great isn't it, fully expect them to get something from Blackpool, but there's been some strange results recently. I expected a roasting when Brentford knocked us out of the cup, but just got silence after their result.
Mike Galley
4   Posted 03/10/2010 at 10:15:19

Watched the game in the Falcon in Kirkby with an aleouse full of blues and we were understandably delighted with the result. Then the league table came on the television screen, up to that point none of us had realised they were in the position they are now, cue much hilarity!
Anyway, one of them came over and made a comment about being bitter or some such nonsense and about twenty of us simultaeneously broke into a chorus of 'we'll meet again, do'nt know where, do'nt know when'.
Not sure why i'm sharing this with you all other than the fact it was funny as hell!!
Denis Byrne
5   Posted 03/10/2010 at 10:43:23

Fantastic, in our house seeing the table raised a bigger cheer than Cahills goal! Was 1954 really the last time the shite were in the relegation group?! Blimey ...
Jimmy Hacking
6   Posted 03/10/2010 at 10:46:11

That one result has given me such a renewed sense of optimism its incredible. looking at the table now, I feel foolish for being pessimistic before the match; a couple of wins and we'll be in the top ten! It has been a topsy-turvy start to the season for everyone (with the possible exception of Chelsea), all out "rivals" (Spurs, Villa, Liverpool etc) have dropped "easy" points.

And yes, it feels bloody awesome to have leapfrogged that mob...
Chris Jones
7   Posted 03/10/2010 at 11:51:57

I've just tried to but my tickets for the derby and despite having been to four games already this season I can't get a ticket because I'm not a member of Evertonia?

No wonder the club got rid of 'the People's Club' motto - fuckin joke.
Simon Jenkins
8   Posted 03/10/2010 at 12:45:36

#7 Chris - you say you've been to 4 games this season, that's at least £120 you've spent. Why didn't you just spend £20 on the annual Evertonia membership, especially if you're not a season ticket holder? Thousands of Blues do, so I don't see how you can have a go at the club for the derby match ticket arrangements. Evertonia membership is in place to avoid such a moaning. Yes, it's an extra £20, but you do get priority, would never miss a game if you didn't want to, plus get free entry to reserve games and to the away travel club.
Brian Denton
9   Posted 03/10/2010 at 12:51:05

I remember in the 1984/85 season in the first derby at Anfield (which would have been October-November-ish), we were singing after Sharpy's goal "Down with the Villa, you're going down with the Villa". As it turned out of course RS finished second, but presumably at that stage they were pretty low down the table........
Tony J Williams
10   Posted 03/10/2010 at 13:28:15

Imagine that Chris!, the game with the most sought after tickets being hard to get into. Next week - Chris discovers the World is round.
David Hallwood
11   Posted 03/10/2010 at 14:20:44

Phil you're not getting slated for this-but you should. Lot's of people post on here that anyone that supports Moyes, accepts second best, and that we should be a big club going to win things. If there an example of how far we fallen behind, then look no further than this thread.

Don't get me wrong, if they're still in the drop zone there will be a spring in my step going to work, and I might/will email all my RS 'chums' the table. But that doesn't colour my football, because at the end of the day I want Everton to win things and don't really give a flying fuck about the shite. No wonder they call us the bitters; but some of us act more like the lesser talented, uglier brother being delighted that his more successful handsome brother has been given the red card by his girlfriend or he?s been made redundant. Schadenfreude no matter how good it feels will always be second hand thrills
Chris Jones
12   Posted 03/10/2010 at 14:27:13

Tony and Simon - thanks for your wise words. I'll be sure to follow the sheep into the pen and not make a noise if I think a system is unfair. Buying tickets should be based on loyalty and commitment, not on who forks out an extra £20 to join the 'Evertonia' club.

Larry Boner
13   Posted 03/10/2010 at 14:27:31

In 1962 I was at Anfield Road to watch Liverpool play Blackpool in the first game of the season.
I used to go to Liverpool with my mate every now and again as he had no one else to go with as most of us were Evertonians in our class and Liverpool were not that good then anyway (I think my Dad had gone to Evertons away game)
Anyway we were in the boys pen (6d to get in I think) and it was a typical August day, lashing down from what I can remember.
What made this rare trip to Liverpools ground so memorable for me ? Well making his debut that day for Blackpool was a 17 year old, skinny, little red haired kid with long baggy shorts and tied up socks, with his sleeves over his hands.
Little did I realise that this kid, who ran the game, would go on to play for my beloved Everton and become arguably our greatest player.
It was Alan Ball, my mate and me spoke about him on the bus ride home, but the next time I remember seeing him was at Bloomfield Road when we lost 2-0 the week before the 3rd round of the cup in 1966.
I hated him that day as he totally humiliated us, at one time sitting on the ball and daring Everton defenders to try and get it off him.
My Dad said to me on the way home, some day he will play for us and I said I hope not !

Gerry Quinn
14   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:34:17

COYO - Come on you orangeys
Woy will not be a happy bunny if this keeps up.
Holloway for England manager!
15   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:34:55

One nil to Blackpool, why isn't there a live match forum for this?
Gerry Quinn
16   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:35:52

Nice one Nick - don't tell Michael or Lyndon - we'll just start one!
Hahahaha...
Gerry Quinn
17   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:45:18

Never forgiven either of my elder brothers for changing over to the dark side - I think they were the original plastic mutant fans!
Gerry Quinn
18   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:46:29

Gerrrinthere - you tangerinos
19   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:48:28

My links are so bad I totally missed the second goal. But not the BOOOOOOOS. Awesome.
Gerry Quinn
20   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:49:11

Not even watching it - but on BBC now and again - amazing - can't stand the RS but certainly interested in this result - Woy must be wunning awound like a wight-wegged-wabbit
Gerry Quinn
21   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:50:50

Both goals in front of the Kop......HA HA f#$kin HA..
David Denby
22   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:57:12

2-0 down and the ladyboy went off injured after tens mins. What a happy day!
23   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:59:28

The ladyboy went off? Oh joy of joys... still, I've been waiting years for Gerrard to snap his leg in two, and I don't appologise for it either!
David Denby
24   Posted 03/10/2010 at 15:58:14

HT snap-shot "Liverpool fans boo their team off at half-time after an opening 45 in which the home side have been left stunned by a vibrant Blackpool."

From BBC website.

hahahahahahahahahaha
David Denby
25   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:01:02

1509: Big early blow for Liverpool at Anfield as star striker Fernando Torres has to go off injured - looks like he's pulled a groin muscle - David Ngog coming on as his replacement.

Again from BBC, don't know how serious it is but surely a major doubt for the derby.
26   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:04:47

Ngog spoons a header on front of goal... lovely.
27   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:09:44

Monkey balls, 2-1
David Denby
28   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:30:41

Well whatever the result let's just smile whilst they're still behind. Mind you it's my sister-in-law, nephew and neices I feel for. My elder brother went to the dark side when he was four, am guessing it's not the happiest household this afternoon, oh well!
29   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:40:13

Blackpool not under the kosh at all... looking good.
Eugene Ruane
30   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:52:26

FT, 1-2

Ho ho ho!
David Denby
31   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:51:21

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Stuart Hall called Anfield the Colloseum (forgive the spelling) didn't he? Well I'd love to see all those Norwegians back outside protesting up towards the Boardroom now shouting 'Welease Woy' in the style of Life of Brian!
32   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:54:26

The Spanish com team were going nuts well into injury time, like there was a perpetual goal being scored. Behind Blackpool all the way, who cares about impartiality?!
33   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:59:26

Oh happy day
Simon Jenkins
34   Posted 03/10/2010 at 16:58:27

#12 Chris. Sorry you feel that way, but everyone knows the rules. If you're going to spend £120 I have no idea why you wouldn't spend an extra £20 to ensure you have priority for the WHOLE season, as opposed to picking and choosing between 18 home league games seasons.

Like it or not, as much as people moan, Everton get close to a sellout most weeks, and if you want to attend games like the derby, you have to plan ahead. Having a pop at the system after the fact is rather lame.
Charles King
35   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:07:43

I love tangerines
Phil Roberts
36   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:08:45

Thanks for the thread Michael.

Just need some advice now.

How long do I leave it before I ring my vicar (who is also a lifelong mate) and say perhaps you are not too good to go down?
Sam Hoare
37   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:12:03

Hahaha... well finally I can start enjoying the Premier League a little more this weekend!!
Andrew Mahon
38   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:13:25

Just read the article in the Liverpool Echo that Hicks is looking at a stock market issue to raise £145 m to help refinance his total control of LFC. Why don't we all buy so as shareholders we can really he Hicks to completely fuck them up?
39   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:16:50

I don't know what's better? Dreaming of CL or their relegation. Ok, ok, their relegation.
Other than their good two players, they are looking as bland and uninspired as Newcastle two seasons back.
40   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:16:05

Blackpool hold fond childhood memories and now so much more. To all Everton fans across the world, go and enjoy the next 2 weeks at work. The break could not have come at a better time. Oh I can't wait for the Derby.
Gavin Ramejkis
41   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:17:53

Long may that shower of shite stay in the bottom three
Guy Hastings
42   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:27:04

#40 Save your crowing until the derby's final whistle, Bill. Life has a nasty habit of biting Blues on the arse.
Charles King
43   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:34:05

Be one of the most interesting derbies for years, make no mistake they'll come out kicking, gouging, fighting for their very lives, lets hope we do the same, none of that going into the shell shite.
44   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:40:59

2 weeks of crowing is good enough for me for now. Then turn up at the Derby with a big cheesy American flag and one of those big cardboard RBS cheques. If I get bitten on the arse, so be it.
45   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:48:46

And Charles, yes it's going to be a fiesty affair. We need to get stuck in right from the off and show them we are up for it. I'd start off with a meaty challenge on Carragher before he does it to one of us
Charles King
46   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:51:59

Dead right Bill, get his crimson gob as red as his shirt (sure he's got blood pressure issues).

But Moyes has this god given opportunity to stick the knife right in to these clowns, Torres looks like he's downed tools, Gerard's showing signs of tiredness and I'd struggle to mention any of the others.
A candle will always be lit in honour of the 3 musketeers of Benitez, Hicks and Gillette, in my wildest dreams I could'nt see this coming. We are a better team than them and should go for their jugular, no fannying around.

Get in there blues, stuff the gormless fuckers
Robert Daniels
47   Posted 03/10/2010 at 17:57:06

Bill Shankly, Paisley, Cilla, Tarby, Bignose Thompson, Dalglish, Stevie Geee-laarrrrrrrr, Norway.............

Your boys took one hell of a beating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy fuckin days.
Robert Daniels
48   Posted 03/10/2010 at 18:07:21

Charles,

You're quite right, if this was the other way round , they would give it to us big time!

We need to get fucked into them straight away, and dive and fall over anywhere near the box, just like they would. I can see Coleman flying into the box, and getting a pen.

We need to go at them like never before, and rub their red noses in it.

Going down, going down, going down!!!
Kevin Tully
49   Posted 03/10/2010 at 18:22:32

Have a read on RAWK, fucking hilarious. I cannot wait for the Derby, all will be forgiven this season if we spank them in a fortnight.
50   Posted 03/10/2010 at 18:32:53

It appears to me that this stadium sharing debate is now gaining credibility and momentum since that fucking King Kenny has opened his big gob and said it wouldn't be a bad idea given the current economic climate. Well no shit sherlock. The economic climate looks gloomy for Liverpool FC just about to go into liquidation and screwed to the point of no return. And guess what, now they want to look at sharing a stadium with us.

Well as Ian Holloway would put it... it feels like being the fat mate being asked to get off with the ugly fat bird, so your good-looking, manicured, pedicured, groomed, tall and slim mate can take the classy looking bird home. You know, Heather on 'Enders.

Well I think that many of that fucking shower across the park are treating us like the fat mate and I'm sick of it. They've got into too much debt by being flash, spending money they didn't have, courting players they couldn't afford and now the banks are calling for the debt to be re-paid. So soon the mortgage can't be paid and they are well and truly fucked.

So what do they do? Start talking about the possibility of sharing and coming back to the fat mate to dig them out. Well they can fuck right off this time because we have had enough of their superiority complex, living on the back of success of the 70s and 80s.

The start of this season has given us a reality check as we were possibly in danger of changing our original values and roots that got us where we are. So I would look at the start of this season in a positive light so long as we do something about it and get back to winning ways.

Why the fuck would we want to put millions into a stadium with them when they are possibly going into administration, could not afford the finance, and bring us down with them? If due diligence is done, would it reveal that they are not the best partner to throw shedloads of money at. I hope the board listen to their proposals then take them away to carefully consider as ONE of OUR options. Throw away the fucking cap out of your hand Bill and plonk your nuts on the table with the big boys to proudly represent everything that Everton and Evertonians stand for because Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Chris Hannon
51   Posted 03/10/2010 at 18:35:33

Being a relatively new member on ToffeeWeb, I have noticed quite a few people on here are well informed and have a good understanding of football finances; I don't have a clue... so could anyone tell me what stands to happen over the park if the yanks don't meet the 15th October deadline? Are the rumours true Barclays will asset-strip etc or is it more complicated than that?? Any knowledge would be appreciated!
Dermot Ryan
52   Posted 03/10/2010 at 18:38:14

Get in!!! Now my question to fellow toffeewebbers is this: if the league ended today with the table as is, would you be devastated or thrilled? As the kop poster dedicated to Rafa said: "We really believe you are the one who will put LFC back where it belongs."

Playing Scunthorpe.

Must be prepared for the Derby. Rats are most dangerous when cornered.
53   Posted 03/10/2010 at 18:43:07

Thanks Toffeeweb. I submitted this article before the match yesterday. Don't you love having fat mates!
Charles King
54   Posted 03/10/2010 at 18:44:50

Kev @47

Took your advice, absolutely hilarious.....they want Rafa back!!!

Wasn't aware of the Carragher/Gerard conspiracy theory, they're all over it aren't they blaming them for Rafa's departure, and Roy Hodgeson, he's dead in the water.

Best though is they're doing their pants about the "bitters", ho ho ho.

"Sons of Arseholes"
Gavin Ramejkis
55   Posted 03/10/2010 at 18:49:25

Chris Hannon, as far as I know the creditors at the RS are RBS, which in turn took Golden Brown's stolen tax payer's payouts so belong to us mere mortal UK tax payers, given a vote I'd say call it in, force them to sell anything worth selling and deduct them ten points for going into administration to boot.

From the derby perspective we said last season this was the worst RS side many could remember and we all know what happened, we need to get in really bloody hard and early doors and stamp our authority on the game as they have few players up for a fight, silence them and they will fold.
Matthew Salem
56   Posted 03/10/2010 at 19:02:49

First off, fuckin get in Blackpool. I for one was counting down the seconds to full-time and am thrilled to see the shite humiliated. Well done Seasiders!

Then, Bill (48), great post! Being a big lad through my teens and tewenties this sounds sadly familiar ;)

Yes, I would settle for this table! Who wouldn't?
Tony Rice
57   Posted 03/10/2010 at 19:08:57

Wow...reminds me of all the we're going to be 4th BS of the summer.....
This is EVERTON...we will probably lose the Goodison derby ( 1-2....two penos for them , Fellaini Red Card )
58   Posted 03/10/2010 at 19:08:33

Actually Gavin, I may be wrong but seem to remember we fell into their trap of making the game a physcal one last time out and our passing game played up until that match went right out the window. Hence loss.
Matthew Salem
59   Posted 03/10/2010 at 19:17:54

Oh yes, they do call us "the bitters" haha. I was not even aware :)
Kevin Tully
60   Posted 03/10/2010 at 19:31:13

Just had a twitch in my kecks, if we beat the twats in the Derby, we can send them to the bottom of the league. Please Jim, can you fix it for me.
Gerry Quinn
61   Posted 03/10/2010 at 19:37:22

23-1 for the WS to get relegated - now there's good odds!
Gavin Ramejkis
62   Posted 03/10/2010 at 19:39:08

Nick, the game you are talking about had Pienaar fouled big time early doors and very little response from ours besides Fellaini, then that ugly mop haired yard dog bubble Krygiakos or whatever he is called broke his foot, from then on we shit out of every tackle,
Steve Guy
63   Posted 03/10/2010 at 19:38:06

Bill (48) top post cannot add a single thing..........we can dare to dream in two weeks time but don't forget they are the Dark Side and their pact with Old Nick has stood them in good stead in previous derbies where we should have twatted them.
Mike Hughes
64   Posted 03/10/2010 at 19:57:28

I don't want to come across as a bit unbalanced but how I loathe the red filth. That Blackpool result was great today - the boos on the radio commentary, the whining, suicidal moaning on the after-match phone-in. The loyal kopites shouting for king kenny after half a dozen matches. If they find a buyer I hope it's the business advisor for Woolworths. How I hope they do a Leeds or, better still, a Chester City. My only regret is that we're down there with them when we should be top 6. I hope the EFC players keep their mouths shut ahead of the derby match and just turn them over in 2 weeks time. A 1-0 win for the Mighty Blues will be fine with me but to humiliate them would be great (however, I'm not that confident it will happen - I've been an Evertonian for long enough to know that now).
Roger Trenwith
65   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:24:35

Anybody noticed how the page index on the RAWK forums goes

Pages 1 2....34 35 Go Down

That made me laugh!
Roger Trenwith
66   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:26:04

Having had a quick look at that RAWK thing I now realise how lucky we are to have Toffeeweb, much as it pisses me off at times.
The sheer lack of intelligent comment on RAWK is staggering, and makes all TW contributors look like Shakespear in comparison!
PS - I can't stop smiling! Bring on 17/10 - COYB!
Dave Smith
67   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:07:44

Would I take the league table as it stands? No.

I never, ever want to see an Everton side finnish 17th ever again. Irrespective of what ever the RS are doing.
Guy Hastings
68   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:35:50

Chris #49 This from Friday's Echo:
LIVERPOOL FC are likely to avoid a Premier League points deduction even if the Royal Bank of Scotland takes over the club. The Reds face the very real possibility the bank could grab control by the middle of this month if American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett fail to pay the £237m debt. Some football legal experts have predicted that Kop Holdings, which owns LFC, would automatically be placed into administration. But the ECHO understands the Premier League would not view that move as Liverpool being declared insolvent. Regular discussions have been taking place between Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton and league chief executive Richard Scudamore. The Reds have been seeking clarification on the potential scenario if RBS took temporary charge at Anfield. Sources have indicated a nine point deduction, threatened to football clubs when they go bust like Portsmouth last season, would not materialise.

There's a fucking surprise.

Source: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2010/10/01/liverpool-fc-safe-from-nine-point-deduction-100252-27377261/#ixzz11KIor5Ye
Eugene Ruane
69   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:09:02

Ten who, if they were interested in football, would make great reds.

1) The girl who does that 'neck thing' on that 'ISA ISA baby' ad.
2) Lord Haw Haw.
3) Jedward.
4) Bonnie Tyler.
5) Terry Fuckwit
6) The satsuma-coloured feller who does those antiques shows.
7) ARP Warden Hodges.
8) Louis Walsh.
9) Sarkozy.
10) Ray Langton.
Roger Trenwith
70   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:51:40

Norris Cole?
71   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:50:10

Add Chris Tarrant... what a twatter.
Roger Trenwith
72   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:53:44

...and the mayor of Delhi, whose name is, no really, Sheila Dikshit...
73   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:54:05

David Cameron - fucking tosser.
74   Posted 03/10/2010 at 20:58:56

Bill, It's not like a conservative prime minister to take an interest in Liverpool.
75   Posted 03/10/2010 at 21:07:55

Fair point Nick, but can you just imagine the smug bastard cycling around Hyde Park with his RS top on and skinny legs.
Mike Hughes
76   Posted 03/10/2010 at 21:12:39

Add to that list of kopites - Fred and Rose West, Gary Glitter, those actors on the Sensodyne toothpaste adverts, Robbie Savage (what a tw@t), fat no-mark Gabrielle Marcotti, irritating no-mark DJ Spoony, dogger Stan Collymore, Robbie "Up The Arse" Fowler, Cilla "Up The Arse" Black......I could go on and on but I've got things to do (like getting ready for MOTD 2 !!!).
Kevin Tully
77   Posted 03/10/2010 at 21:24:32

Eugene, surely you have to replace Ray Langton with Len Fairclough - kiddie fiddler.
Andy Tyler
78   Posted 03/10/2010 at 21:22:03

Guy #66

I thought it was Southampton's holding company that went bust, but they still received a points deduction. Can anyone confirm this? Are the rules different for Premier League clubs? Or (as usual) are the kopites going to get away it again?
79   Posted 03/10/2010 at 21:27:19

Just been reading the HAWK website. It's just too much fun. Do Hicks and Gillette remind anyone of the two old gezzers in the Muppets, or even the 2 old fellas in Trading Places movie?

Winthorpe would be a good fan.
Eugene Ruane
80   Posted 03/10/2010 at 21:43:53

To be even handed - Ten who, if they were interested in football, would make great blues.

1) Vincent Gallo.
2) Martin Bryce
3) Bill Hicks
4) Tony Hancock
5) Joan Bakewell.
6) Suicidal Syd.
7) Ethelred the Unready.
8) Rupert 'Who's Tommy Lawton!?' Rigsby.
9) King Canute.
10) Jeff Bridges
Gavin Ramejkis
81   Posted 03/10/2010 at 21:46:49

Bill, I've always called them Waldorf and Statdler (Muppet Show) since they took over

Eugene, some obvious RS

Gap Toothed Twatbuck

Stan one unfunny joke repeated to death Boardman
Albert Perkins
82   Posted 03/10/2010 at 21:39:38

LiverpLOL
Kevin Hudson
83   Posted 03/10/2010 at 21:45:32

Don't think I could top Eugene's list ( laughed my tits off !! ) but a few more definite Kopites:

1) Alex Reid.

2) Tom Cruise.

3) Sam Allardyce.

4) Mel Gibson.

5) The entire cast of Pineapple Dance Studios.

6) The old paedo off Family Guy.

7) Illegal Norwegian whale-hunters.

8) OJ Simpson.

9) Jeffrey Archer.

10) Gerald Ratner.

11) Jaques Chirac.

12) Sinisa Mijhailovic.

13) Jeremy Kyle - and his pikey guests.

14) Any "Professional Scouser," on T.V.

15) Matthew Wright.

16) All of the cunts who appear on Soccer Saturday. ( Except T.C)

17) The "lads," off the WKD ads.

18) Djibril Cisse's mirror.

19) Rudi Voller's perm.

20) Mark Clattenburg.

21) Prince Phillip.

22) Cletus from The Simsons.

23) Rod Hull.

24) Rod Corkhill.

25) Jimmy Corkhill.

26) David Icke.

27) France during WW2.

28) Jim Davidson.

29) Naomi Campbells' diamond contact.

30) Joey "The Lips."
Dennis Stevens
84   Posted 03/10/2010 at 22:33:48

Haha! That's neat, Albert.
Christopher McCullough
85   Posted 03/10/2010 at 23:06:22

Few more Evertonians;

John Martyn

Fyodor Dostoevsky

Bernard Black

Reds

Tony Hayward

Every 'Big Brother' contestant.

My school's vice principle, the tosspot.
Steve Pugh
86   Posted 03/10/2010 at 23:08:34

Andy Tyler (#77)

"On 23 April 2009, Southampton were handed a 10 point deduction, following their parent company going into administration. This deduction ensured that Southampton were relegated from the Football League Championship and play the 2009?10 season in League One.[11] Although the rules of the Football League state that a 10 point deduction would only be incurred if the club went into administration, an enquiry reported that the finances of the parent company and the club were linked to an extent that they were practically the same company/club. However the administrators and the club lawyers believed that the sanction given was unfair and "completely against the rules"

It will be very interesting to see what happens.
Dennis Stevens
87   Posted 03/10/2010 at 23:25:48

What? - No mention of Adolf Hitler?
I'm sure he must have spent time on the Kop when he was in Liverpool - is it just a coincidence those Nazi flags were red?
88   Posted 03/10/2010 at 23:29:36

Oh come on Steve. The top 4 success of Liverpool put millions into the PL coffers with their support in Asia bringing in major contracts... you know they won't get points deducted should the bank call in the loans.
Jamie Tulacz
89   Posted 03/10/2010 at 23:36:34

Dennis- not forgetting Josef Stalin and Chairman Mao- both famous reds...
Dennis Stevens
90   Posted 03/10/2010 at 23:35:16

The Premier League won't feel obliged to follow any precedent set by the Football League, although one might argue the Football Association should ensure consistency across the game.
Dennis Stevens
91   Posted 03/10/2010 at 23:43:27

I'm not too sure if either of them ever visited Liverpool, Jamie. Indeed, Shankly once stated ?Chairman Mao has never seen the greatest show of red strength?. However, Alexei Sayle once claimed that "Stalin Ate My Homework", so you may be right about one of them!
Guy Hastings
92   Posted 04/10/2010 at 07:38:56

There'll be only one guaranteed winner out of the potential points deduction and that#s m'learned friends.
Alan Clarke
93   Posted 04/10/2010 at 07:53:47

What about that twat Sly Stallone?

Oh hang on...
James Crolla
94   Posted 04/10/2010 at 08:59:10

If RBS took control of Liverpool because they were unable to meet their financial obligations, why would they not be deducted points?

Moreover if RBS did control Liverpool as a UK taxpayer I would also be contributing to Liverpool FC!!! Good reason to refuse to pay any tax..........
Jonathan Tasker
95   Posted 04/10/2010 at 09:13:43

On Saturday I was at MKD v Colchester; after the match I saw this man with a 6-year-old son with a RS top on; he was laughing; I went up to the man and suggested that when his son looked at the league table he wouldn't be laughing.

How I laughed this weekend.
Alan Clarke
96   Posted 04/10/2010 at 09:18:55

Or James, as a taxpayer, we should demand Liverpool sells its assets.

We all know, they'll come out of this smelling of roses still. Any joy I'm getting at the moment, I'm sure will turn to frustration as they get let off time and time again and the rules are bent for them to make sure this 'institution' of the English game doesn't go under.
97   Posted 04/10/2010 at 10:10:48

Or then again Alan, maybe this time the attitude will be let's make an example of a big Club being too reckless in running their affairs.

I'm wondering around London today without a care in the world, and couldn't care less that there is a Tube strike on.
Tony J Williams
98   Posted 04/10/2010 at 10:17:13

I will be more happy if we manage to do them in the Derby, then I will start having a skip in my step,
Chris Hannon
99   Posted 04/10/2010 at 09:38:39

So am I right in thinking the deadline is the weekend of the derby?
Gordon Blair
100   Posted 04/10/2010 at 11:31:28

Just a happy thought to leave you with...

15th October, RBS are due to call in their loan, with the very real prospect of KOP Holdings being placed in receivership and Liverpool (using the Southampton model as precedent) facing a 10pt deduction.
17th October, we might be playing a WS team who are in further disarray and bottom of the league with -4pts.
Gerry Quinn
101   Posted 04/10/2010 at 11:43:28

Fresh from BK website..........
Red Shites Torres and Gerrard were talking in the dressing room when Hodgson walked in.
"Hey Boss, have you ever tweeted?" said Torres.
"Yes" said Hodgson "I've just tweeted the Evertonians to a gweat weekend".
102   Posted 04/10/2010 at 12:11:34

Torres and Gerrard were talking in the dressing room when Hodgson walked in.

"Stop walking in on us, you bastard!"
Norman Merrill
103   Posted 04/10/2010 at 12:12:21

Bill Slater, comment 44: What a great idea, about the yankee flags, after they taunted us some years ago with the Tesco bags, it would be pay back time. Anyone with a large qty of small USA flags, would do a bomb outside Goodison on derby day, besides it would go down rather well with Tim Howard, and Landon in the States.
Christine Foster
104   Posted 04/10/2010 at 12:25:04

I'll take lifes little pleasures when they come along. Seeing the other lot in the relegation zone and us above them is not a huge lot to crow about but I'll tell you what, it does feel good doesn't it? So to the red half I would simply say this, "How does it feel guys? Bit sick are you?"
You deserve every comment and every ringing sound of laughter. Why? because the boot is on the other foot, you have had your fun kicking us over the years, Karma is a wonderful thing.
105   Posted 04/10/2010 at 12:28:58

Norman no doubt someone is already at the flag printers in China getting them made up. For the big cheque, it could be made out to Hicks and Gillette for 20 quid, signed by Daugters of Dalgleish.
106   Posted 04/10/2010 at 12:51:32

Cuwwently on Saville Wo in Abercwomby and Fwitch with my twouble n stwife. Queue is beet long but who cares.
James Cadwaladr
107   Posted 04/10/2010 at 12:50:43

They wouldn't get a deduction if RBS take over the club as RBS will effectively buying the club as a going concern. The club is trading solvently and can meet its obligations to its creditors, therefore no administration or deduction. It is effectively the same transaction as the Americans selling the club to anyone else apart from it being a reverse takeover.
Jonathan Tasker
108   Posted 04/10/2010 at 14:49:58

When was the last time that we were ahead of Liverpool and City were ahead of United at the same time?

Can we rename Toffeeweb as Tangerineweb just for today?

Gerry Quinn
109   Posted 04/10/2010 at 15:42:40

James C #106 - can anyone put a spike in the RBS takeover? Anyway, anyhow - anyone, PLEEEEEEEEEASE
110   Posted 04/10/2010 at 16:21:21

Honestly I've just seen bill nighley (singer off of love actually) He looks like piss taking fella so I'll add him to the blue list. Oh and I'd like to add that smarmy gold tooth bastard from SImply Wed to the WS list even though he's a Manc.

And I recall that ages ago some one wrote a bitter article on Toffeeweb but I can't find it. Can anyone get the link so that I can enjoy it all over again?
111   Posted 04/10/2010 at 16:53:18

Now they are becoming bitter. See today's echo.

becoming-a-laughing-stock-100252-27394611/
Brian Waring
112   Posted 04/10/2010 at 16:53:50

Can't believe that with the problems we have at the moment, we have a thread with ( before mine ) 109 posts, rejoicing in the fact we are above our nearest and dearest, and only on goal difference at that.
Matthew Mackey
113   Posted 04/10/2010 at 17:08:07

Does anybody know who the ref will be for the Darby game?

As much as I am enjoying their current demise and the fact they are in the bottom three, I can't help but feel an air of caution. Why? Because previously the men in black have conspired against us in these games in order to alleviate their problems and elevate the mighty Liverpool FC out of their difficulties as it is bad for Sky's viewing figures in Norway and around the world. How else do you explain Clattenburg's decision-making back in October 2007 at Goodison?

114   Posted 04/10/2010 at 17:41:49

Years Brian. Fucking years of their crap. We are not rejoicing at being above them, but the fact that the penny has finally dropped about what a bunch of mugs they've been to end up where they are. And manc united will be next. Fuck them all off is what I say
Tom Bowers
115   Posted 04/10/2010 at 18:12:35

Let's savor the joy of the moment.They have had all the loot and the big money managers for many years but have come up empty. How much for Torres(26million)Kuyt(11million)Johnston(18million)and countless others and now they are close to bankruptcy as well as being in the relegation zone.Okay, in reality these situations will change in due course but we can crow just a little.
Guy Hastings
116   Posted 04/10/2010 at 18:40:43

I've got more chance of winning this Friday's £112m Eurolottery jackpot at 76m-1 than Liverpool have of being docked one point let alone nine.
Rob Fox
117   Posted 04/10/2010 at 19:26:23

David @ #11 - Read as far as your post in amazement. 100% spot on mate.
Brian Garside
118   Posted 04/10/2010 at 19:35:01

Will the Goodison DJ kindly welcome our visiters with some appropriate songs such as: Down Down Deeper and Down-Status Quo. I await some wonderfully inspired suggestions.
Charles King
119   Posted 04/10/2010 at 20:21:27

Enjoyed this post, don't often get the chance to put the boot in on the RS.

Never understood those on the "high horse" of we're Everton that's all that matters, not the city I was brought up in.
Mike McLoughlin
120   Posted 04/10/2010 at 20:37:40

I have been listening to football on the local radio for many years now, both City and Merseyside. I also enjoy listening to Porky Parry on TalkSport.

I used to think that Jacko used to favour the Red side of Liverpool on his talks both after the game and on a Monday night. I no longer think that ? I am absolutely certain of it. Listening again tonight to the Monday night programme, whenever an Everton fan comes on for a talk, he is on for a max 2 mins and there will be at least 3 Liverpool interviews or comments in between the next one.

Jacko examines the Liverpool game and team to its n-th degree but when it comes to Everton he is quite generic. No substance in his examination. I am prepared to be proven wrong but I am certain he or anyone else won't be able to prove it. I am sure he will say there are no calls from Blues fans but that wouldn't surprise me due to the attention he gives Liverpool FC ? little wonder blues don't ring in.

Duncan McDine
121   Posted 04/10/2010 at 20:59:51

David Denby (no 31)... love the Monty Python reference - I've been chuckling all day at that one!

He has a gweat fweind you know... Biggus Noseus (directly translated from Latin as Phil Thompson)
Ciarán McGlone
122   Posted 04/10/2010 at 21:09:06

"Can't believe that with the problems we have at the moment, we have a thread with (before mine) 109 posts, rejoicing in the fact we are above our nearest and dearest, and only on goal difference at that"

---------------------------

Agreed Brian. This rejoicing seems tad hollow to me.
Jonathan Stockdale
123   Posted 04/10/2010 at 21:20:38

There are rules, and then there are their rules.

OFF THE PITCH
I reckon one of the clowns in power will get the finance at a crazy rate of interest to buy out the other. This will buy them a couple of years, just in line with when ManU debt is up for renewal. Then both go bust good and proper.

ON THE PITCH
Torres and Gerard will be gone in January. It's already written all over lady boys face, and Stevie G can see his get out without being seen as a rat in the tinted eyes of the fans. Plus he's 30 and needs his move. Carra will also be gone.

They are my predictions. I don't predict Derby outcomes. I just hope and pray we play to our potential and give them a right good thrashing and lesson in football matters on and off the field.

I've noticed there has not been one positive word said about our BIll in all this. Maybe he is a shreud scouser like the rest of us after all.
Michael Kenrick
124   Posted 04/10/2010 at 21:29:00

I should point out that the size of this thread may have been boosted by certain Liverpool related questions submitted for the mailbag, and even a fans' article (#50) that was just too LFC-focussed. [Reminder: this is an Everton website!]

I don't care for it myself: it just makes us look small-time to be so pre-occupied with their fate. However, it is obviously of interest to 100+ Evertonians who have contributed thus far. Enjoy it while it lasts...
125   Posted 04/10/2010 at 22:08:16

Is their possible fate not exactly related to Everton? Why? Because maybe the Everton board saw the mire they would end up in after loading debt onto the club. Maybe they sat back and thought, oh let's see the shit hit the fan across the park whilst we finish off setting up finch farm, build a youth academy and keep the club on a stable footing whilst the rest of the footballing world went fucking spend crazy.

So whilst we rightly crow and take the piss, we should also have a serious think about the possibilty of us being in the same position if we had sold out to the devil.
126   Posted 04/10/2010 at 22:26:10

So in this respect this really is an Everton based article, with a good measure of piss taking at the same time!
David Price
127   Posted 04/10/2010 at 22:19:12

Michael, I did think it would get like this if you let the threads begin on the RS, but only after administration and a derby win for us. Looks like a few (hundred) have prematurely ejaculated (verbally speaking). Can we come again, er, come back to this in two weeks?
David Denby
128   Posted 04/10/2010 at 22:37:19

Duncan *121 cheers mate, even made myself chuckle at that one.

Michael, please just let it run. We have two weeks to fill and this seems the best way. We are not making ourselves small time having a thread on how crap they are this year. Rather we are giving abit of overdue payback. Why are they there? Because we couldn't afford the rent. When the fat Spanish twat (sorry, can't remember his name) called us a small club did they all write on their websites saying 'actually they were our forefathers'? Did they bollocks. So allow ourselves this opportunity to take the piss.

I think the weal weason they are struggling is because Woy doesn't speak Spanish. I can't see that changing in the next two weeks. So relax, let's have a laugh and enjoy it.
129   Posted 04/10/2010 at 22:58:47

I haven't noticed myself, but does Roy Hodsgson have a problem with Rs sounding like Ws?
Eugene Ruane
130   Posted 04/10/2010 at 23:02:42

On reflection, we have probably gone overboard.

Yes they're currently in the bottom three, but I feel things have actually picked up over there.

Well....erm...finally there was a win at Anfield for a team who's name finishes with 'pool'.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - TISH!!

Sfx: Microphone feedback
Gerry Quinn
131   Posted 05/10/2010 at 01:29:23

Of course we will always have that passing interest in our lovable WS neighbours. Have we somehow forgotten that without Everton they wouldn't even exist!
Adam Fenlon
132   Posted 05/10/2010 at 03:00:43

Pissweak enthusiasm ? our seasons been every bit as bad as theirs so far ? in fact we?re probably doing worse given they?ve at least played some stronger sides than us and have managed to win a few European games. I?d describe it as a pathetic start for both Merseyside teams and only hope that their obvious lack of condience helps us in a fortnight?s time?..
Mike Green
133   Posted 05/10/2010 at 07:55:53

My brothers a red and we have a healthy respect for each others alliances, knowing where the line is re: piss taking.

I didnt take the piss out him on Sunday - I didnt need to, in his words he rang me and said "what the fuck is going on with my football club!!!!!!!" Besides, these things always come back to bite you on the arse.

I think a lot of the piss taking is pretty subdued by the fact we are only above them on goal difference, and a certain irony that no matter how badly they do we also manage to sink to their level, its as if we're latched on to them.

3 points in the derby, put a bit of air between us and them and then maybe, just maybe we can start to rub it in - but I'm keeping schtum until at least April....!

COYB.
Kevin Tully
134   Posted 05/10/2010 at 11:40:40

You can tell which posters do not live in the city.

When you have had about 35 years of taking shite from those glory hunting tossers, you have a tendency to slightly dislike L.F.C.

Do you remember Emlyn Hughes " Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic " on the steps of St. geoges Hall ? I do. Do you listen to all the gobshites in the media who " have always followed Liverpool. " Can you remember Benitez calling one of the greatest institutions of world football " a small club. " I can.

Now they are about to go bust, and all their players have lost the will to play for them, I am fucking luvin' it. Every time they get beat, I will stick the knife in a little further if i can, in work and in the pub.
135   Posted 05/10/2010 at 12:39:59

Kevin - is right feller. And those memories you have are shared. Although I no longer live in the city, the memories they have given me are the bitter ones.

And yes - I am fucking bitter.
Anthony Hughes
136   Posted 05/10/2010 at 13:10:26

With you Kevin, fed up to fuck of years of smug bastards going on and on. While they're on the floor we've got to keep our boots on their throats and throughly twat them in the Derby
Chris White
137   Posted 05/10/2010 at 13:12:25

Every last one of the tossers deserve all they get, like Kevin points out the Evertonians who are less likely to rejoice at the impending black cloud hovering over Anfield are more likely to live away from the knuckle scraping pricks who have never given the club that I love any type of respect for as far as I can remember. It would truly be a wonderful day if they became an extinct Dodo of football, but it wont happen because their pact with the devil will ensure that someone somewhere comes to their aid and bails them out.

I do think that they will finish in the top four next season and maybe get automatic promotion the year after.
Tony J Williams
138   Posted 05/10/2010 at 13:43:42

I have noticed how quiet the loud mouthed red in my office is now. he was the one who was giving me grief when we lost to Northampton........oh revernge was sweet.

None of this in your face stuff, just the nod and the wink and the walk away smiling. We do revenge netter than they do. Our quiet "your team is shite" manner is far more grating than a shouty dope laughing out loud and screaming the odds.

pricks, every last one of them. I don't like swearing that much on forums but these twats deserve everyfuckingthing they get. Long may it continue (well at least until the 18th)
Kevin Hudson
139   Posted 05/10/2010 at 15:03:06

Mocking the plight of Liverpool is not small-time, hollow or piss weak.It is the right thing to do, as they're our mortal enemies, who have put the boot into us for years.

We absolutely should not subscribe to the high-horsed, faux-dignified "turn the other cheek, we're better than that," scenario,as that negates the existence of them as our derby rivals.

It matters not one jot that we're only faring marginally better than them at the moment, as this doesn't negate the fact that they're in turmoil ? and it is our birthright to enjoy the fact!!

Nobody on this thread is mocking West Ham, because they don't appeal to us on a tribal level.

With Liverpool ? it's local,visceral & immediate; Therefore personal.This is the very essence of derby psychology.
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
140   Posted 05/10/2010 at 15:33:20

I should have been more specific: I'm not talking about banter and piss-taking of kopite twats, that's a given.

What's small-time for me is coming on an Everton website and spending a lot of time and effort taking primarily about Liverpool, rather than about Everton.

Truth is, at the minute, there is not much to talk about regarding Everton, Liverpool are in the relegation places, their start to the season is probably slightly worse than ours, the financial situation they are in is definitely of interest... and we are playing then next.

Hence the thread. Enjoy!

ps: I would just be more cautious regarding the upcoming game; remember the mood ahead of the derbies last season, how it was the worst Liverpool team ever... and look what happened. I hope Moyes has learnt from that but unfortunately, I have no faith that he has learned anything.

Charles King
141   Posted 05/10/2010 at 16:00:55

Kevin Tully @ 34

Well said. Half the problem with Everton is this Grandiose attitude when we need to get down and dirty.

One season In the 70s I went with two of my blue mates to Anfield, we watched the first 10 games to see if we could fathom why they were winning everything and us nada.

It was attitude.

Haven't fuckin learned, have we.
Brian Waring
142   Posted 05/10/2010 at 16:16:12

Kevin Tully (#134) I'm originally from Page Moss in Huyton, moved away about 10 years ago.

I grew up in a family who were all reds, and apart from one mate who was a blue, the rest were also reds. I remember all the shite I had to put up with from them all. I fucking despise everything the shite stand for!

I just think it's a bit premature for all this, whilst we are only above them on goal difference, and have a chairman who is skint as fuck.
143   Posted 05/10/2010 at 17:16:41

I'm getting into this Toffeeweb thing all thanks to this article. So to some facts about Everton and Everton fans as that's what we are supposed to be talking about.

1. We need a new venue for a stadium into the long term. They've had their chance to use Stanley Park and fucked it up good and proper, so now can't we just have it all for ourselves whilst they spend 100 years paying off their debts. If someone buys a plot of land for a house, gets the planning permission passed, but can't come up with the money to build it, then some other property developer will steam in and do the work.
I can't see any difference. OK, Everton would be a few £100 million more in debt, but we would also have a new stadium overstadowing OUR old ground (Anfield). We would be on our 3rd venue. Them fuckers still stuck on their first. (Everton 3-1 up. Get in there).

2. 3 teams get relegated each year and Everton have flirted with this a few times. 6 teams get into Europe. The more teams that have bad seasons the more chance we have of getting a Euro place or even a CL place & less chance of relegation. So let's hope more big name teams with ageing squads come a cropper against "The Pool" (black). It's all good for Everton and what we want to achieve.

3. Derby Day. I fucking hate it most times because of them jammy cheatin' bastards. They just never win fair and square. This one for me will be the biggest in years for many reasons and that's why many of us should give them as much shit over the next 2 weeks as possible. If we win, we move up the table and that's the main thing.

4. Opposing players should be shit scared of even walking onto our pitch for every match. Don't forget these are just young lads mainly. If anyone was at the infamous Wimbledon last game of the season match - that's what I want again on every match day. I want the crowd whipped into a frenzie to scare the shit out of their bunch of fuckin tossers to the point where the last place they want to spend their time is playing footy on Merseyside on any day of the week. And I mean every player of every opposing team, but especially the WS.

5. And I want Everton to start a World Peace campaign.
Jon Cox
144   Posted 05/10/2010 at 19:32:02

Conspiricy alert !

It has been disclosed that the two owners of the WS were secret plants.

Their mission was to destroy LFC from the inside.

The source said that they have been in constant communication with someone high up at Goodison Park, and have been in contact 24/7
145   Posted 05/10/2010 at 19:55:44

It just gets better...

Fucking Tom Cruise turns up as Top Gun on a tricicle and Clint Eastwood with a half chewed cigar hangin out of his mouth. "Make my day" shouts an Evertonian over to Clint to which he replies. "I'll save you Red Devils of Manchester. Right turn Clyde"..

Fuck off the lot of you back to Bollywood.
David Hallwood
146   Posted 05/10/2010 at 19:47:11

As I'm one of the very few posters on this 143 thread (143?!) who stated that it makes us look small time, firstly I'd like to say that I live in Merseyside, I've got a season ticket and had it for quite some time. But, as Michael Kenrick implied, there is a difference between taking the piss out of Kopites which is all part of the fun and I've had loads of that with txt jokes emails etc since Sunday, and some of the posters on here who seem to hate the RS more than they love the Blues.

However, if you read Phil's article, he opined that he doesn't mind finishing 17th as long as the RS finish below us, and that to me is bollocks. I don't renew my season ticket religiously season after season to be happy with a relegation dog fight, because the gobshites are in an even worse mess.

I want us to be the best team we can be playing great football and winning things and that means that I don't give a flying one about any other team. I'm old enough to remember a time when finishing 4th was nowhere, now it's considered a (financial) achievement, and now someone trying to sell me, or tell me that 17th is the new 4th.
147   Posted 05/10/2010 at 20:23:03

David, all Evertonians old enough to see us winning the league and cups will never be happy with 4th. We'll put up with it as a stepping stone to better things. And I doubt there are many on here who do not want us at the top table and being the best.

Now looking back at recent history, without spelling it out, can you not understand why we are the way we are when it comes to that lot?
148   Posted 05/10/2010 at 20:28:47

Jon Cox (#144), Sir John Moores planted his nephew David into LFC in 1991. He pulled his nephew close to him whilst enjoying a pan of scouse one night and said in Don Corleone style "you've got 20 years to get it done".

Just about the right timing by my book.
Chris Jones
149   Posted 05/10/2010 at 21:42:11

The icing on the cake. The best advert I've ever seen for being an Evertonian:

150   Posted 05/10/2010 at 23:19:58

That is some bizzare youtube clip Chris. There's some lists above of potential reds, but most of these guys on here I've never liked anyway. Shame John Power is a red, love his music... going to watch the rest now, makes me laugh hhehehe
Christine Foster
151   Posted 05/10/2010 at 23:10:42

Chris Jones, its a remarkably video for a number of reasons, because as my Dad used to say to me, "It could be worse, it could be me!"

Its an indictment on the club and the way the funding of clubs in general have led to the shysters and financial strippers owning what is, our heritage.

I grew up in a Liverpool that first and foremost looked at where you were in the table in comparison to the the other lot. If you won a cup or the league it was icing on the cake. If you finished the season above the other lot then it wasn't a bad season. Theres the measure, so lets not forget that.

Secondly, the city of Liverpool and both its clubs are family to all of us who were born there and whilst we can hate with a passion and take pleasure in their misfortune, some say even we pity them, because its the scousers way, black humour, sarcasm, wit.
But many of us are scousers and as much as we can take pleasure from each others problems there is a point at which we still bond as scousers.

Whats at risk is the fate of football clubs in our city. For very different reasons we have two sets of boards running the clubs in this city that are putting our future at risk. Its not a question of which club has done it wrong, its a question that neither club has done it right.

Perhaps there needs to regulation as to ownership of such large enterprises as Premier clubs now are. Rules on investment and the types of investment.

I don't want to see Liverpool FC disappear because that means the money men have won, that means half my family will suffer. That means the banter will stop, the rivalry that makes us passionate will go and part of the fabric that makes us so passionate for Everton will have been taken from the city of Liverpool.

Liverpool FC are the black sheep of OUR family. Love them or hate them. They are still our family.

Our plight is but a fraction of theirs but there is a point when fans say the line has been crossed and will come out in force. We aren't at that point with EFC, I am not sure if ever will be, but its a warning shot from over the park
Kevin Tully
152   Posted 05/10/2010 at 23:54:02

Chris # 149,

Nail on head that clip for me my friend.

To all you bleeding hearts, please look at that you tube clip. They are all up in arms because of one reason ; they think they have lost their god given right to win a trophy every year.

Do I feel sorry for them, and their financial plight ? Do I fuck.
Ernie McAllister
153   Posted 05/10/2010 at 23:49:56

I am dreading the derby because all we ever do is drop our kecks and bend over to them. The fact we can barely hit a barn door 2 yards away is a major concern.

COYTB this is as good a time as any to take 3 points and keep them in the bottom 3. Woy wont be happy wabbit haha
Ernie McAllister
154   Posted 06/10/2010 at 00:03:12

Good Riddance to the shite..the sooner they disappear the better.
155   Posted 06/10/2010 at 00:06:34

Nice one Kevin... They are all up in arms because of one reason ; they think they have lost their god given right to win a trophy every year... I was trying to sum up that clip and you did it perfectly.

When you get into bed with the Devil, don't get smug being stroked off with the odd Carling Cup, then fall in love with him after the '05 trophey.
Now he's getting his 6am taxi home and you realise you've been left with dirty sheets and a sore arse...
James Flynn
156   Posted 06/10/2010 at 00:53:36

Just hope the rumor of the Red Sox bidding for LFC doesn't come to fruition. Because we have a real problem if they get the team. They have the deep pockets and really, REALLY know what they're doing.
157   Posted 06/10/2010 at 07:50:17

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/board-agree-proposed-sale from the official site.

I suppose the piss taking was good whilst it lasted. No doubt the Bill K "out" brigade will come on the site moaning now. I am even more bitter than I was before. And I didn't think that was even possible.

Fat Mate syndrome kicks in...put 'Enders back on to droole over Heather as the best I could ever aspire to meeting.
Phil Roberts
158   Posted 06/10/2010 at 07:47:12

David Hallwood (#146) - equally the only time I hate finishing second is when they finish first - Lineker, how did you forget those boots and Gary Stevens, who were you passing to?

For over40 years (can't claim 50 'cos can't remember much banter before I was 7 or 8) it has always been part of the cut and thrust around Merseyside that if there are clouds you try to find the silver lining and the joke has been that if we are going to finish 17th, then the only things to sweeten that bitter pill (oh no I am going to be accused of being a bitter blue ? and I typed PILL not BILL ? Bitter Pill, Bitter Pill got it?) would be our beloved neighbours finishing below us.

I have loved this week. Mates who have been quiet as we dished it out as I have been quiet as they dished it out. I loved Chris White's (#137) comment, that is just so subtle. I loved the one about the donkeys making Blackpool feel at home. It is not PC to make fun of someone with a slight lisp but did I enjoy the one about Roy tweeting even thought I thought it was cruel.

And now today I have my next problem. My best mate in the US. How do I tell him that I am about to give the sweatshirt he bought me and the 2 lads, celebrating the Red Sox World Series in 2007 to Oxfam and that I hope that their curse returns. I will keep supporting the Patriots and pray that Robert Kraft keeps his money in New England or puts it in Goodison Park.

And yes, I was right. I did get slated by some of you for even bringing up this bit of humour.

159   Posted 06/10/2010 at 08:21:09

Just a thought from my original fat mate rant the other day - would anyone care to ask giving King Kenny a call to see they still should look at a shared stadium? I bet he's changed his tune if this deal comes off. You know, just fuck off to the fat mate again! Bitter?
Tony J Williams
160   Posted 06/10/2010 at 09:13:33

That didn't fecken last long did it. Bastards, just before the fecken derby too.

When will their contract with the Devil ever get called in!!
James Flynn
161   Posted 06/10/2010 at 12:29:46

Don't want to sound doom and gloom, but if the RS (Red Sox) group buys the RS, they won't even bother much with the new stadium thing; especially sharing with their #1 opponent.

They'll spruce up the current park, change the concession agreements, get the area around the park spruced up, etc. They did it already to that Red Sox dump (100 years old) Fenway Park. In 2 years they turned a shit-hole (no exaggeration, that's what Fenway was in every way) into a cash machine.

We DON'T want this bunch buying LFC. Unlike that clunk-head Learner with Aston Villa, these guys are very, very good at running a club.
David Price
162   Posted 06/10/2010 at 13:11:55

Here is a line from John Henry's company, which i would crap myself if i was an RS fan.

"An investment with JWH is speculative, volatile, involves a high degree of risk, and is designed only for sophisticated investors who are able to bear the loss of more than their entire investment".
Here's to frying pan and fire.
Tony J Williams
163   Posted 06/10/2010 at 13:13:41

We may see Anfield in films now, like Fenway Park was in the film The Town, which I saw last night.. Hopefully it will be getting blown up

Must have been paid a few bob to allow the film company to use the stadium.
Richard Dodd
164   Posted 06/10/2010 at 14:51:20

So our neighbours have found a suiter at last? I guess next week`s bank deadline had something to do with the shotgun marriage which is about to take place. The odd thing about the guy taking over is that his reported wealth is far less than that attributed to the fellow Yanks who own Liverpool now although both seem adept at keeping their personal wealth well separated from their sports investment!

But in a way that`s quite similar to the stance taken by our own Blue Bill. Whilst we all suspect he`s worth a bob or two, he keeps it well away from football and is thus able to run Everton as a conventional business ?albeit on a shoestring. The differance from the Reds' approach is that, as a lifelong Evertonian, he puts the Club first and unlike David Moores is not obsessed with filling his own pockets via a sale to the highest bidder regardless of the consequences.

But how grateful we should be for that! I have no wish for a foreign sugar daddy to pluck the heart from my club ? I love Blue Bill, Moyesey and even our ultra competent CEO ? they ARE all True Blues and long may they remain so. Only the sudden emergence of some second class asset stripper can deprive us of them and if I see the in-comers first, I`ll direct them to the other side of the park ? they`re partial to flash Yanks over there. Anyone will do!

Dave Lynch
165   Posted 06/10/2010 at 14:49:09

James Flynn is right.
These boys know what they are about and will be looking long term for investment purposes.
Unlike the other two deluded knobs, they have the contacts and the means to turn them around.
Just hope Hicks and Gillette fight it all the way and it becomes protracted and long drawn out.
Can't see it though they always come up smelling of roses.
Tony J Williams
166   Posted 06/10/2010 at 16:29:14

Shurrup Doddy, you nutter!
James I'Anson
167   Posted 06/10/2010 at 16:43:31

Look on the bright side.
They're still shit, it'll cost another 300m to get a decent team and are these new owners really using their own money or is it something similar.
James Flynn
168   Posted 06/10/2010 at 18:54:27

Oh well. The Red Sox, or their parent company, bought the RS. Not good.

WTF, maybe we could get the New York Yankees interested in us.
169   Posted 06/10/2010 at 22:09:58

I think the RS (Red Sox) guys are trying to get a cut price deal with October 15th looming. They've seen the opportunity and gone for it.

If the RS (Red Shite) duo don't want to sell on those terms they wont and will take their chances with RBS. Imagine the indignation of selling on the club cheap to other US sport tycoons. Reputation zero... more so.
Thor Sørensen
170   Posted 06/10/2010 at 22:15:36

Adam Fenlon # 132. "...both Merseyside teams..."

I reckon a fair few Tranmere Rovers supporters would have something to say about that. (allthough not the "Chestershire Unionists") :-p
David Price
171   Posted 07/10/2010 at 04:04:18

For those of us thinking, ?crap them lot have got out of jail again?, here?s some connections, perhaps loosely, perhaps coincidence, to consider when shouting at Sky Sports News at the impending doom of LFC being offset for a while.

· Barclays, sponsors of the Premier League
· Barclays back the purchase of John Henry to purchase Liverpool
· John Henry with the New York Times bought the Boston Red Sox
· New York Times assist in the launch of the Financial Times in New York
· Financial Times owned by Richard Lambert · Who is Vice President of the CBI
· President of the CBI being Martin Broughton
· Also chairman of Liverpool
· Also ex-head of British Airways
· In association with BAA (UK airports company)
· Chief Director once being Marcus Agius
· Now chief director of Barclays Bank
· Barclays, sponsors of the Premier League.

Don?t you hope this is a massive set up and just another way to move money around without actually investing anything into the main product. Keep praying, Blues!!

Antony Matthews
172   Posted 07/10/2010 at 04:06:13

As it now looks likely that Liverpool are changing hands to new American owners, It looks more than likely they will be staying at Anfield for the foreseeable future as the new owner only has a personal fortune of just over £500m, and he wont want to spend some of that on a stadium in the Championship. So come on, Kenwright, seize the moment and just before the Derby announce a takeover by a multi billionaire and build a new shiny Blue stadium in the same place in Stanley Park!!! If only.........
173   Posted 07/10/2010 at 08:26:44

David Price (171) - This kind of thing will be really good when "Hollywood Comes a Calling". This director guy is whipping them into a frenzy to the point where some Producer says "hey, let's make a movie about the Liverpool story". (I'm getting mad).

So, it all started in 1977 when the RS won the Euro Cup...(blah, blah..etc) to prsesent day. Basically it pans out as a RS promo DVD to re-write history for naive kids across the world. "Mammy, I want one of those red King Kenny tops from the movie" (starting to spit feathers now). Half the fucking cask of Brookside move to LA to further their careers and walk down the red carpet on Oscar night. (At least that would get rid of them from the city). And the City "home of the beatles" is put into the minds of people across the world and that lot get all the credit.

I'm fucking fumin' now.

So here is my open comment to any researchers who happen to come across this forum. If you are going to do a movie about the "plight" of LFC, then you have to start at Everton. Our forefathers stood up to the landlord. We told him to shove Anfield up his arse and we had the balls to move across the park. If any movie is to be made, that should at least be the starting point. Them fuckers across the park have only come to prominence since a bunch of whinging Scotsmen came down to moan, cheat and bully their way into the LFC history books.

And if any movie is done properly - please, please, please keep any actors from Brookside out of the fucking thing. It's just to embarrasing. You know, all the ones who have just been in the stupid YouTube video.

Any football movie about Everton and Liverpool has to get across our point of view and why we have all been gloating on here for the last few days.
Eugene Ruane