Sheitinga

If it is true that 'World Cup super star' Jonny Heitinger has talked up a move away to Bundesliga flops Bayern Munich, I think the little turd should get his wish but not before he gets a whacking fine off Moyes. After resurrecting his career and paying him Premier League wages, this is not the first time Heitinga has made ungrateful noises about moving to a 'bigger club'.

OK, the Prem is full of greedy twats but on the eve of a titanic derby match, what does he think he is playing at? Piss off Jonny but be careful what you wish for ? with 8 points from 7 games, Bayern are hardly setting the Bundesliga on fire.

Pity Jags is injured... otherwise I wouldn't even have him on the bench for Sunday.
Mike Keating, City Centre     Posted 14/10/2010 at 12:23:04

Comments

Graham Tansey
1   Posted 14/10/2010 at 13:46:20

Get rid of gobby Heitinga in January and replace him with an English defender. Upson or Cahill.
Liam Reilly
2   Posted 14/10/2010 at 13:46:38

Can you really blame him. I'd be pissed if I'd just appeared in a World Cup Final at centre back and had Distin keeping me out of the team.

Yobo was a model professional, didn't mouth off when he was out of the team, he just kept plugging away and he got... errrrrmmm... shipped off to Turkey.
Matthew Mackey
3   Posted 14/10/2010 at 13:51:40

This is precisely what we don't need before such a crucial derby game. What oh what is his problem? Is he a bigheaded twat or just incredibly naive?

When this sort of thing happens, you can see why David Moyes is so loyal to certain players, regardless of their ability, as he knows they won't create problems in the camp before key matches. As much as I want to give Heitinga the benefit of the doubt, I think its about time Moyesie put him in his place once and for all (heavy fine) and then gets rid of in January.

James Broderick
4   Posted 14/10/2010 at 14:02:12

Liam, RE comment No 2, to be fair, Johnny was mouthing off during the summer about moves left right and centre and maybe it's off the back of those comments that Distin is starting games ahead of him... Just a thought.
Mike Oates
5   Posted 14/10/2010 at 14:26:17

What I posted yesterday to another mail:-

For goodness sake, stop the Heitinga will be our shining star, the lad is a mercinary and will be off as soon as he can. Yapping to the press today re Bayern Munich. He's clearly miffed that he can't get into the starting 11 and maybe it's just me but I don't think he's a patch on Jagielka.

I also think Moyes will decide to cash in with him. Forget the "He's a World Cup star" because, if you really looked at his performances, he was caught out on numerous occasions in no-man's land and with balls played just behind him.

I just can't see the reason for the constant calls for his inclusion.
Steve Collins
6   Posted 14/10/2010 at 14:40:38

World Cup star?

Not really; I thought he was average in the World Cup.

He was just in a good team who kicked their way to the final... oh, and played some good football now and again.
Anthony Hughes
7   Posted 14/10/2010 at 14:42:18

Yobo gone, Jagielka injured (2-3 weeks in Everton's world is probably more like 5-6 weeks), mouthy Dutchman who doesn't seem that interested in being here, young Duffy who isn't ready yet and Distin who is prone to more than the occassional gaff. So-called strongest squad ain't looking so hot. Still we could always play Hibbo and Neville as a centre-half pairing...
Tony J Williams
8   Posted 14/10/2010 at 14:43:49

Oh how quickly we change our views. He was a hero last season and now....?

Many poster (myself not included) said this as soon as he came. Simply put, he is a footballer... says it all really.

Imagine though playing in a World Cup Final then going to play for a team that is bottom of the league? He is going to imagine he is so much better than he is and want to get more money and play in the Champions League... they all do.

Ship him off because this season he has been absolutely shite, the only thing of note he has done is shoulder barge the uglier chuckle brother for an absolutely pointless yellow card and make a prick of himself by robbing a penalty from our striker and then missing it.

Fecken dope can do one... as soon as Jags is back though.
Mike Elbey
9   Posted 14/10/2010 at 14:44:26

Liam (2), what James (4) says is more than likely spot on.

I posted on a seperate thread a week or so ago about the same thing plus his actions in demanding to take the penalty against Huddersfield instead of Beckford will also have not gone down well either with Moyes or the rest of the squad I suspect.

Let's not forget that we broke our wage structure to get this fella on board, which will have upset some of the more established stars initially. Fortunately his performances prevented any fallout last year but you can bet his wage is one of the reasons Pienaar is stalling on our offer.

We pay him big money and Moyes, the other players and most importantly us, the fans, deserve more respect. Yes, he is a good player but I just want him gone asap to be honest. It's a pity in this instance that we have to wait until January.

We may not be the most successful team in the country, we may not play the best football, but the one thing that is consistent at Everton is that the club and by association the players behave in a specific manner. As supporters all we ask for is loyalty and this twat has none. To be honest, he gets on my nerves ? let him piss off wherever he wants to go and watch and laugh as his career drifts into obscurity.
Marc Williams
10   Posted 14/10/2010 at 14:28:16

Apologies in advance to any Dutch visitors/readers on this site but you often get these sort of issues with them. It's a cultural trait/attitude with a lot of their players & fans. Look at the petulant fallings out they've had in their national side, they are notorious for it. From what I gather when their players play outside their own country, unless it's for a supposed 'BIG' side, then they are looked down on for it.

Over the years, I've heard Dutch players, journo's/pundits & managers all taking this line. During the World Cup, I heard their (supposedly) top footy correspondent moaning about the Dutch CBs as they only played for small clubs. Only last week, Martin ("I'm only a miserable Spur's reject") was saying the same about us. This negativity from your home country must rankle with players, especially if they then can't even get a game for their supposed small team.

I thought Johnny H did alright for us last season at CB, keeping it simple when playing out & linking well with our midfield. It must be frustrating for him being on the bench or out of position (where he has been poor) but wish he'd just shut up & get on with it.

Jamie Morgan
11   Posted 14/10/2010 at 14:51:00

Just use him to plug the gap this weekend and then fine the ass off him, look for a replacement and ship him out in January. He is obviously using Everton as a stepping stone and we don't want anyone who believes they are bigger than the club. I am convinced this is why he has been dropped of late. Such poor timing ahead of such a big game.

Liam (#2): although loaning Yobo out leaves us short, he was not exactly an angel. Exaggerating a minor head knock to miss the away game at Benfica only to turn out for Nigeria a few days later. He was always country first and Moyes had enough. I would have driven him to Turkey myself!
Norman Merrill
12   Posted 14/10/2010 at 15:04:25

Matthew Mackey, Well said mate, why stir up anti-player shit before any game, never mind the derby, and leave things to Moyes to sort out.
Howard Don
13   Posted 14/10/2010 at 15:25:17

I think Marc (10) has it closer than anyone. Simple explanation is he's Dutch. It's an endearing national trait or a pain in the backside, depending which way you look at it, but they always speak out and tell it like it is. How many competitions have we heard that there's dissent in the Dutch camp? Never seems to bother them when they step onto the pitch though.

Probably just as big mercenaries than JH around, they just make loyal noises for the fans and scheme to get away for more money quietly in the background... ? Pienaar anyone??
Steve Jones
14   Posted 14/10/2010 at 15:00:40

Don't you think he is very one paced, and by that I mean slow? Midfield isn't his place ? just look at some of the mistakes he has made where he hasn't closed down or followed runners from midfield: Fletcher's goal for for Man U, Ben Arfa for the skunks, last year Darren Bent at Sunderland, free header in behind him from a long cross. Just not quick enough to track and get close from midfield.

He will be better at the back no doubt, but not as good as Jags, and he takes a hefty wage ? so if we can get a good deal in January lets move him on.

Charlie Percival
15   Posted 14/10/2010 at 15:54:46

UNDER CONTRACT FOR EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB. End of Issue!
Matthew Mackey
16   Posted 14/10/2010 at 15:15:22

Another problem I see this weekend is that if the Ladyboy sicknote miraculously recovers, as indicated in the press, then he's not exactly gonna shit his pants when he finds out he's up against a Dutch CB who makes Steve Bruce look like Usain Bolt.
Ray Robinson
17   Posted 14/10/2010 at 16:53:52

How things have changed! He was the archetypal tough guy a few weeks ago who warranted his place in the team alongside Jagielka despite being slow and surprisingly poor at jumping for a centre back.

Must say I've been suspicious of his motives since he arrived and he's nowhere near as "hard" as some people make out.

However, this interest from Bayern may not be of his making. Once again, people make wild suppositions to support an argument.
Mike Elbey
18   Posted 14/10/2010 at 17:16:36

Charlie - Exactly, thats why he should keep his effin gob shut and show us, the fans, the people who indirectly pay his massive wages, some respect.

the thread here isnt 'what are we going to do if he wants to go', its 'he wants to go what should we do'. They are 2 different situations. Its obvious he wants to go so in my opinion we should tell him to fuck off.
Max Main
19   Posted 14/10/2010 at 16:36:57

I said it after he talked all that shit in the summer, and I'll say it again: put him on the fucking transfer list. He is clearly a tosser, and the worst kind of tosser, the kind who thinks he's better than he is. And he's shit. He doesn't have a position. He is not good enough to play in midfield, and he is not good enough to play in defence. He's slower than the slowest of slow people. And he is no good for morale.

He embarrassed himself in the summer by saying Man City were interested, only to have them come out and say they weren't. He embarrassed himself talking about Barcelona, for the simple fact that it's Barcelona and he is who he is. And I expect he's embarrassing himself tlaking about Bayern. I'd fucking love him to go to Bayern, but why would they be interested? He's shit.

Sorry, I rarely rant, but I'm sick of Heitinga. And no, I've never thought he was any good, I've never been on here saying he's amazing, and my opinions have not changed over night.

Johnny Heitinga - fuck off.
James Boden
20   Posted 14/10/2010 at 18:34:06

Here we go again. More touting about Heitinga. So let's fine him, bin him etc.

What about when our CAPTAIN Phil Neville touted our manager for the United job? Was there anything on here about him being dropped? Yes, our fucking Captain touts our manager to replace his former boss! Or is that different and all of a sudden acceptable behaviour.

Maybe it was just total bullshit just like I believe these Heitinga suggestions are.

Paul Gladwell
21   Posted 14/10/2010 at 18:38:30

Actually James there was stick for Neville on here over that.
As for that tit, I could not believe the hype surrounding him last season, he was quite good; nothing more, nothing less... a poor Tommy Gravesen, only more of a shithouse in the tackle (see Wolves at home) than him and that is saying something. I have never been fooled by knobhead footballers and their 'clenched fists to the crowd' shite.
David Price
22   Posted 14/10/2010 at 18:54:08

Apart from Dunc, running up the touchline after scoring against Utd in '95, fist clenched and Everton tattoo in full view.

Always one that's an exception to your rule, I guess, Paul.

Paul Gladwell
23   Posted 14/10/2010 at 19:12:44

Too right... but that is a little different to running up to take a throw-in and giving it all the "look at me ? I care!" shite.
Andy Crooks
24   Posted 14/10/2010 at 19:10:05

Hetinga is overrated. Actually, pre-season, many posters here overrated the entire squad. How many of our squad would would walk into the Chelsea team? If we have Champions League ambition, one would hope there might be at least one. None is the answer.
Paul Gladwell
25   Posted 14/10/2010 at 19:24:59

To be honest Andy, Fellaini and he would be awesome for them too. No fannying around putting him up front and you have the best midfielder at our club.
Pat Finegan
26   Posted 14/10/2010 at 19:27:03

How can you blame the guy? He is playing behind Sylvain Distin. I'd want to leave too if I was in his position.

James (20), Manchester United, let's face it, is a better club than Everton. The jump from Everton to Manchester United is as big as the jump from Preston to Everton. Neville was stating the obvious. Smart thing to say? No, but it's not like he was putting out any new ideas.
Nathan Ward
27   Posted 14/10/2010 at 19:37:47

We must have either the most fickle or naive fans in the country.

Upto a couple of weeks ago, every man and his dog were calling for Heitinga to replace Distin at the centre of the defence, quoting that he was awesome last season and he was a World Cup Finalist.

Now, after an admittedly stupid quote, he is crap.

Yes, the comments are out of order from the fans' point of view... but do you really think that ANY player would refuse to join another club who are playing in a higher competition and probably pay them more? They are all mercenaries. All of them. To them, it is a profession and nothing more.

For my point I would rather have Heitinga in the team on Sunday as he is a better player than Distin and Jags. I don't care how stupid or gobby a player is as long as we win.
Pat Finegan
28   Posted 14/10/2010 at 19:48:53

Nathan, I don't think they're all mercenaries, most are but not all. You don't think Tim Cahill could play for a bigger club and get paid more?
John Crook
29   Posted 14/10/2010 at 19:56:46

The timings of his comments could not have come at a worse time. News travels fast.

Now he is pretty much guranteed to start in his favourite centre half position, is he 100% motivated?? Won't his attitude have a negative effect within the camp?? One early mistake or lack of concentration and the fans will be on his back and that will only play into Ladyboy's favour.

I'm personally hoping Jagielka has made a miraculous recovery (it's still not been confirmed by the club that he is out of Sundays game). Unless Heitinga and the club come forward and deny the comments, then i dont think he should play Sunday. At this moment in time I'd prefer Phil Neville as centre-half ,bringing Hibbert in to right-back.

I'm really dissapointed. I must admit to being on the Heitinga bandwagon last season. Not anymore, I'm not. Call me fickle, I don't care. You should not be expressing a desire to join another club 3 days befor its biggest game of season and a game which carries so much at stake. He is an arrogant prick anyway. In al the photos of the training gear, he tries to pose like a model when in fact he is just a Craig Bellamy lookalike with bigger lips.

And it also annoyed everyone when he stole Beckford's '2nd penalty'. Sell the fucker on 01/01/2011. But, seeing as I'm fickle ? if he denies the comments publicly, I'll forgive him.

Joseph Strumm
30   Posted 14/10/2010 at 20:26:10

I said on here a while ago that Heitinga is vastly over-rated. This could be a blessing in disguise; offload the gobshite and use the money to bring in some new blood!
Jamie Sweet
31   Posted 14/10/2010 at 21:20:04

As soon as he grabbed the ball to take the penalty against Huddersfield ? I realised he had an ego far too big to fit into Goodison Park!

Jonny is clearly only interested in what is best for Jonny.

Get rid ? bring in a TEAM player.
Iain Love
32   Posted 14/10/2010 at 21:29:38

Sorry but I rate Heitinga as a centre back, he plays the ball out rather than hoofs it back to the opposition. As a person, I've no idea what he's like, but it doesn't really matter when you're on the pitch. Someone said Beckham's a bit thick... someone replied "Yes and Stephen Hawkins is shit on the wing."
David Mathieson
33   Posted 14/10/2010 at 21:39:45

I believe the Red Tops (Mirror etc) are well aware Yobo is on loan and Heitinga has to play because of Jags injury, pre derby day story to unsettle the fans and the player advantage Liverpool. Don?t take the bait.

Ian Love (#32) ? Couldn?t agree more; Heitinga is a quality centre-half proven at Ajax and international level.

Moyes holds back Everton, at the start of the season I believe our strongest team was obvious:

Saha
Cahill
Pienaar Rodwell Arteta
Fellaini
Baines Jagielka Heitinga Neville
Howard

Doubt we will ever see that side... looks quality although carrying Neville. Cahill should be captain, not Neville, who is a Moyes pet like Steve Round; pair of jobsworths and who likes them?

We have a situation where Bily is never getting used... £10 million wasted? Distin is not upto much, Johnny is out of position (never a D/M) and Osman and Neville are still in the side with all of Lescott money wasted.

Madness... and, to top it all off, we have Moyes on glue saying Rodwell will be a centre-half ? the next Rio Ferdinand... then, after some more glue, he is going to be challenging Cahill for a place in the side as an A/M... then, bit more glue and he starts Rodwell on the right (which worked out great last time, Hull away ? Moyes really learns from his mistakes)

My conclusion: I have never liked Moyes and I never will. He has cost us the chance to finish above Liverpool this season, mark my words.
Jamie Sweet
34   Posted 14/10/2010 at 22:57:11

Iain #32, I'd play Hawkins before Osman out wide. Stick a turbo on his wheelchair and he could really add another dimension to our play!
Mike Allison
35   Posted 14/10/2010 at 23:11:54

Heitinga should be in the team, not sitting watching Distin. Why would he be loyal to a club that isn't picking him despite failing to win games and keep clean sheets?

He may well be a greedy mercenary twat, but if I was in his situation I'd be looking to leave too. Like somebody said above, why try to stir up all this anti-player shit before the derby?

COYB (all of you, not just the ones I fancy picking and choosing)
James Stewart
36   Posted 14/10/2010 at 23:22:06

Heitinga has every right to be pissed off quite frankly. Our defense has been shambolic this season and on ability he is the best CB at the club and should start. IF he wants out I can't say I blame him. If Distin and Jagielka were picked ahead of me I would want out quite frankly.
Jimmy Hacking
37   Posted 14/10/2010 at 23:44:33

I am concerned about Heitinga. Here we have landed ourselves a world class centre-back for about a third of his true value (if we transfer listed him, I can honestly see some big-name clubs go in for him) who oozes ability, and yet Moyes seems unable to bring out the best in him.
Jimmy Hacking
38   Posted 14/10/2010 at 23:50:12

I didnt really get my point across in the above post, which is this: I can see Heitinga going to someone like Inter Milan and being a mainstay of their defense for the next 7 or 8 years. So why is he playing such mediocre football for us?
Matt Traynor
39   Posted 15/10/2010 at 02:15:07

Like Jimmy above, with us likely to lose the hateful "best of the rest" position, I can see many of our better players being moved on in January, or next Summer.

Not necessarily because they demand to (though they will be put under pressure to, to avoid loyalty payments) but because we will have to financially.
Erik Dols
40   Posted 15/10/2010 at 08:23:55

I don't have any time right now but will translate his quotes this evening or tomorrow, for those who are interested...
Mike Keating
41   Posted 15/10/2010 at 10:16:10

40 posts in 24 hours - this certainly hits a raw nerve. I'd like to thank Erik (No 40) for his kind offer just in case Jonny's sentiments have been lost in translation but that was not my point - whether Heitinger is crap or a misunderstood genius the issue is clear - with a derby looming - he should keep his big gob firmly shut!
If he is as good as some suggest and he does play on Sunday he should let his football do the talking.
There can be no dispute about that.
Matthew Mackey
42   Posted 15/10/2010 at 10:05:00

If Johnny scores the winner on sunday then we'll all luuuuuuuuuuv him again.

..........it's a fanny ol game!
John Sutton
43   Posted 15/10/2010 at 12:25:46

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/10/15/leaving-everton-fc-is-off-my-agenda-insists-john-heitinga-100252-27475813/ ... oh look an interview that is actually from the man himself!! Not some half arsed dutch news source. You fans will believe anything you read, nobody considered that he might not of said it.

The lad is a top class centre back and he actually makes distin a better player alongside him. He is great in possession and never panics, this has a knock on effect with distin. He doesn't have jags random 50 yard left wing hoofs to worry about as he knows he can trust johnny and focus on his own performance. They are our best cb pairing.. noticed how many more mistakes distin makes when paired with jags.. and united game aside distin has been really good, a lot of the stick he gets is from people who don't even watch the games.
Dan Moorhead
44   Posted 15/10/2010 at 12:21:11

Heitinga is not a very good defender runs alongside the opposition very really putting a tackle in.
His positioning is poor and he is very slow. He is comfortable on the ball and a decent passer.
I think because he?s got a skinhead people think he?s a hard man, he?s not. He has ducked out of a few tackles already this season. He should be angry at the way he has preformed this season and be fighting to get in the team not talking shit, it was embarrassing enough in the summer when he was on about city only for them to come straight out and say they weren?t interested.
Him getting dropped give me back a little faith that our manager was actually watching the games and not just trying to fit in his favourites every week.

I hope he plays well on Sunday then we get rid in January.
Mike Rourke
45   Posted 15/10/2010 at 14:59:03

Johnny H is an excellent centre back, didn't think he would be when he signed but was happy to be proved wrong last season.

I'm just delighted that is our 'club/tinpot African dictatorship' that has the 'funds/filthy lucre' to 'pay/finance' this 'mercenary/player'.
June Brennan
46   Posted 15/10/2010 at 15:37:06

Johnny has not heard from Bayern Munich, Everton have not heard from Bayern Munich, but Mr Heitinga says it is good to be linked with a move to Bayern, seems to me like someone is trying to stir a little publicity for Mr H... Mmmm... agent talk???
Erik Dols
47   Posted 15/10/2010 at 16:19:36

Don't know if anybody will ever read this post but here goes nothing.

First of all, I'd like to point out that I don't think that Heitinga will play for Everton the rest of his career, he will move at some point in time and I think he sees Everton as an appreciated stepping stone. A nice, comfortable, very much appreciated stepping stone... but a stepping stone nonetheless. I am not trying to prevent the impression that Heitinga is in it for money and a bigger deal at some point in time, because I am convinced he is.

And second of all, I want to say that Heitinga should not answer any question about a potential move the week before the derby. When is he going to learn his lesson about handling the media?

The original interview consists of ten questions. I will try to translate as literally as possible to be clear about what he said; that may result in some strange constructions or use of odd words...

First question is about the Dutch national team; I won't translate it as it is not interesting.

Second question is"Where do you play January 2011?" Suggestive question... but here is Johnny's answer, word for word:

"I have a contract at Everton. I signed there for five years last year, so I expect to stay. I don't have to leave and I don't want to leave. I'm having a great time in England, both on and off the field. I'm just at the right place right now." ? Perfect answer, Johnny.

Next question (actually question three and four combined): "What do you or does your agent know about the interest from Wolfsburg? (...) McClaren [their manager] is looking for defensive reinforcements."

"I heard about it from English media and I just googled about it to see what I would find."

"And, any news?"

"The situation about Wolfsburg is like this: last summer, when I joined Everton, they came to me. In England I can develop my footballing skills more and from day one I felt at ease. Everybody is nice to each other. I learned how to defend and play more sober in England. In the English League, you don't take any unnecessary risks, you'd rather hoof it out of the stadium if needed. Nobody has a problem with that."

[For you who don't know: to hoof a ball out the stadium, in the stands or just up field blindly is considered a crime in Holland.]

"Last summer, after the World Cup, Wolfsburg came around again, they came straight to me. I told them I wanted to stay in England. I had and have a great time at Everton. Wolfsburg are a nice team, I know they won the German league in 2009 and had a fall-back last year and want to mount a title challenge again. But I don't see Wolfsburg as a challenge." [I don't know how to translate this exactly; he means to say that Wolfsburg is not a step up the ladder]. Again, full points for Johnny, so far he keeps saying he has a great time at Everton and likes England and has no intention of leaving.

Fifth question: "What do you think about the interest of Bayern Munich?"

"That club hasn't made any contact with me. Not with the club and not with me. I cannot say if they have any interest and how serious they are at this time. I don't mind being linked with teams of this calibre, however." ? Why does he have to add that last sentence? Why couldn't he just leave it at "I don't know anything about this"??

Sixth question: "So do you consider Bayern Munich a challenge?"

"I'm open to it. I can imagine they are looking for defenders if you see where they are. Bayern are a very big team. I won't say no to Bayern." ? There we go... He clearly states he would move to them if he had the option.

Question Seven: "What is the role of Louis van Gaal [Bayern Munich's manager] in all this? He tried to get you to Alkmaar some years ago and is trying to get you now."

"I did not talk to him about a move. With nobody, actually. I do know him, however; he was our coach at the youth-WC in Argentina in 2001. The point is: Bayern Munich play in the Champions League. I would be eligible to play as we ended in 8th place last year with Everton and don't play in Europe this year. As a footballer, you always want the highest. Next month I turn 27. So yes, never say never, especially in football and nothing can be excluded." ? Oh, so now it's about the Champions League all of a sudden?

Q8 and Q9 are about the playing time he is getting these last weeks, asking about him not being in the squad/starting eleven or being substituted. He repeats two times that he has had some minor injuries, that he likes to be at Everton and that he will have a place in the starting eleven when he is fully fit again.

Q10 is about the World Cup and that a lot of players have a set back after that, nothing interesting.

So, while in the previous answers I always could defend the lad as in the Dutch versions he hadn't said anything wrong, this time he says he would like to move to Bayern Munich, even though they have not shown any interest in him. On one hand, that doesn't surprise or shock me, it is the idea I had about him in the first place. And to be really honest: I'd rather see him leaving for a foreign club than to another Premier League team. On the other hand, I think it is disgraceful to talk about moving to another club so openly, especially so close to a derby. Shame on you Johnny.

I'd think it would be in all parties' best interest if Heitinga stayed for the remainder of the season and then gets sold to a foreign team for silly money...

Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
48   Posted 15/10/2010 at 17:21:34

Excellent information, Erik. I'm going to make this post of yours into a new article because I think the context you painstakingly provide sheds a different light on what was reported and what a number of people have reacted very strongly too.

Please add any comments on that new article. Thanks.