Congratulations, Evertonians!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to say congratulations to all those great supporters of Everton Football Club for last weekend's win over Liverpool.

In my relatively short 4+ years of supporting the Blues I cannot remember a time, sans possibly the "Gosling" victory over the same Red Shite, where I was more pleased.

I felt compelled to mention to all those fantastic, life-long supporters whose words I read on this site almost daily: Congratulations! Just a fantastic win. If it meant so much to me.... I can't even begin to comprehend the joy it brought to so many here.

I've said on many occasions this site has truly been a revelation to me of how incredible the supporters of Everton Football Club are. So many people, here on this site, have been with this Club for so long. They've seen so many ups and downs. They've been through thick and thin. They've been simply model, perfect supporters in my opinion.

I was very, very happy for all of you last Sunday. Long may your happiness, and the fruits of your support, continue. Congratulations for what I saw as a victory in one of the most important derbies in my short-lived, Everton "career."

And I sincerely hope I have many more victories to savor with all of you like the one we saw on Sunday. Cheers! You deserve that moment. Greatest fans in the world. Although my term with the Club is short, I can say I did not choose, I was chosen. And I was simply overwhelmed with joy last Sunday!
Jamie Crowley, St Augustine, FL, USA     Posted 22/10/2010 at 02:55:28

Comments

Tony I'Anson
1   Posted 22/10/2010 at 15:03:53

Well said Jamie. Just in case anyone missed this, I posted it on Ken Buckley's from my seat. Watch to the end to see the young Evertonians going mental in front of the Everton TV cameras in Goodison Road after our win.

Colin Potter
2   Posted 22/10/2010 at 15:39:56

We're all handsome devils as well Jamie, and the girls are scrumptious!!
Des Farren
3   Posted 22/10/2010 at 17:02:04

Nice post.Well said.
Howard Don
4   Posted 22/10/2010 at 17:40:16

Aw Shucks Jamie, you'll have me all emotional soon. Mind you it hasn't taken much to do that this week after Sunday. Somehow the weekly doses of aggravation in work have glanced off me since then.
James Flynn
5   Posted 22/10/2010 at 18:27:54

Jamie - So, you going to have any problem rooting for the Red Shirts in baseball and the Blue in soccer? Haha. You know the Sox will be selling LFC jerseys at Fenway and on there web sites. And the other way around at LFC. Be strange watching derbys seeing RS fans wearing Red Sox gear.
Jon Cox
6   Posted 22/10/2010 at 18:23:18

As the tear rolls down my cheek..
Ernie McAllister
7   Posted 22/10/2010 at 20:15:52

There are far more things to worry about, such as the fat controller, no money, and once again trying to convince the public we are something we are not: Champions League material.

Still, upwards and onwards and all that. Where's me hanky?
Lee Mandaracas
8   Posted 22/10/2010 at 22:09:54

Jamie, first of all, an excellent post. Thank you.

Secondly, and far more importantly, the duration of your support is irrelevant. You clearly feel a great passion for our club, as do the rest of us. For that I applaud you and long may you spread the word of the greatest team in this, or any, land on the far side of the pond. Great to know you are one of us my friend. COYB
Jamie Crowley
9   Posted 22/10/2010 at 22:16:40

James F - yep...
My friends and I have been emailing constantly back and forth about that very point. Believe me, it's very tough to swallow and not ideal in my microcosmic world. But it is a business. And John Henry is indeed a superb owner and made in business terms a very shrewd purchase. And I've been reading your posts regarding your concern with Henry turning Liverpool's fortunes - believe me when I say I concur 100% and am downright scared. He sets up a very well run machine and for my money is a fantastic owner.

Roger Clemens left, I lived. Bucky fucking Dent hit that homer, I lived. Pedro couldn't hold a lead with one out in the eighth, I lived. And Billy Buckner had "that ball" squirm between his legs, I lived. Henry owns the Shite - I'll live.

There's always sunshine - I distinctly remember the Yankees being up 3-0 in 2004 in the ALCS.

I'd like to wish you good luck this evening with the Rangers, but you'll forgive me if I don't. :0)

Lee - my over 40 7v7 team I captain is named "Grand Ol Team" and I never pass up an opportunity at the "soccer fields" to tell people about Everton, and why they should support the Blues.

As for the rest of it, maybe a bit sappy - but I really felt good for all you.

Time to crush Spurs...
Jamie Crowley
10   Posted 22/10/2010 at 22:27:45

Tony l'A:

Great clip. I swear to God above I will make the trip someday. 5 kids prohibits that currently.... some day. And when I do? My God I'll be beside myself.

Just an observation: does any man over 20 have any hairstyle other than a buzz cut? Jesus man! 30,000 Q-Tips in attendance.

I'm growing my hair down to my shoulders before I come over the pond.

Thanks for the clip. Great stuff.
Christine Foster
11   Posted 23/10/2010 at 02:12:16

Jamie, welcome to our family! 4 years or 44 years, it doesn't matter. Once a blue, always a blue. For better or for worse, much, much stronger than marriage vows!! I have never heard of anyone getting a divorce from being an Evertonian!! (Although I've heard of many divorces caused by putting the club first... )

Indeed, I remember getting married at midday and going from the church to Goodison and watching the blues win and then back to the reception... Such is it to be a blue.
Still brings a smile, I hope you get there soon, you'll never forget it and take pride in your kids suddenly being bitten with blue blood.

Jamie Crowley
12   Posted 23/10/2010 at 04:18:51

Christine -

I need you to talk with my wife - utterly fantastic.
Alan Clarke
13   Posted 23/10/2010 at 06:04:56

James Flynn, I've ended all association with the Red Sox now.

Jamie, there really is nothing like Goodison on a day like that. I've still no voice left and my 3 year old girl has been singing "I've never felt more like singing the blues, when Everton win and Liverpool lose. Oh Everton, we're always singing the blues!" all week.
Norman Merrill
14   Posted 23/10/2010 at 09:02:57

Jamie, For all Evertonians the next step is a win at Anfield, last time we won was after a Kevin Cambell winner in the kop end. Far too long to wait.
James Flynn
15   Posted 23/10/2010 at 17:47:59

Alan (14) - Good hearing. Over here, I've never heard those words before. Ever. "I've ended all association with the Red Sox now". I like it. However, if you followed the Red Sox, you know Henry etal purchasing the RS was not good news for us.

Oh well, if Old Man Steinbrenner was alive, he might've bought EFC and pored the funding in for everything, mostly because of what a victory-junkie he was, but also just to fuck with the Sox.

From the wishful thinking dep't.
James Flynn
16   Posted 23/10/2010 at 17:54:38

Jamie (9) - I hear you. Let's hope the Yankees buy EFC. Great for the team, although I guess that might put you to the test, blood being thicker than water-wise.

Good post, by the way. As another American EFC fan, I agree completely, sentiment and all. COuld we pick a better team and following to join?

I remember watching ESPN back in the late-90s and all of a sudden there was a soccer highlight. Talk about out of the blue. You remember how you never saw soccer on TV and ESPN openly mocked it? (Damning boring 1-0 soccer games, while gushing over "brilliant" baseball 1-0 shutouts)!

All of a sudden there was Joe Max Moore (remember him?) heading a cross into goal. Don't recall who he was playing against, but vividly remember the crowd going insane and the announcer (you could practically HEAR his eyes rolling as he reported this) saying Moore played for Everton.

Had no idea who or what Everton was, but liked them just for giving one of our guys a chance AND the way the Faithful lost their shit responding to the goal.

Few years later, our Timmy in goal, I kept an eye on their results regularly. Finally, Landon getting a shot hooked me for good. Like you, I'm in.

P.S. Buckner taking the blame all these years was and is bullshit. It was the manager's and relief pitchers' fault. Even if he fielded it cleanly, he was never beating Mookie to 1st. Never. Game would have tied-up anyway.
Jason Lam
17   Posted 25/10/2010 at 04:12:00

Be sure to be here to provide a shoulder to cry on when we inevitably lose to the RS cunt, by a diving cunt, cunt ref, cunt tactics, and every other cunt conspiracy under the sun. Gnashing of teeth and all. COYB