Cahill not being rude

Hi all, this is my first post.

I also need help from other Australian Everton fans to find a video clip of a Cahill Socceroo goal from last year.

Why? To show (prove) that Cahill wasn't being rude to Seamus Coleman after his goal against Liverpool. This happened before during a Socceroo match where Cahill scored a goal. A team mate (I believe it might have been Luke Wilkshire) tried to give him a congratulatory hug but Cahill appeared to push him away. Cahill went to the corner to honour his Samoan people, who were at that time recovering from a Tsunami.

After he has given his tribute to the Samoan people, he hugged his team mate, Luke Wilkshire. This video clip was uploaded in YouTube but I couldn't find.

Please tell Seamus Coleman so he does not take offence. I read somewhere here that a team that celebrates together, win together. This is true. I wouldn't like Coleman to think Cahill did not appreciate what he had done for him to score that first goal at the derby.

With Cahill, I find that the fans come first and then his team mate. Evertonians, please go to YouTube and watch some of the games Cahill played for the Socceroos. In the Aus vs Jap game in June 2009, he scored a goal and then gave all the fans a heart sign, his way of saying, "I love you all."

I'm sorry if you guys misunderstood. With Cahill, his celebrations are always for the fans, then his team mates. Maybe Tim has to changed it a bit. Team mates first, then the fans so there's no misunderstanding.

Thank you.
Angelina  Tan, Sydney     Posted 24/10/2010 at 04:24:08

Comments

Matt Traynor
1   Posted 24/10/2010 at 05:16:33

You don't need to explain to (most) fans on this forum. His many acts towards Everton fans are too numerous to mention, but to name a couple:-

- Germany World Cup 2006, at the end of the game he swapped his shirt with an Everton fan he'd spotted in the crowd wearing the EFC home shirt

- Turned up at the airport in Aus at 5am this year to meet his team mates, even though he was on extended leave

- Met almost 100 Singapore-based Everton (and a few others) fans following a request I made months before via the club even though he was on international duty (and the FFA made it VERY clear to me they didn't approve).

He's one of the most humble people I've met. He may earn money most can only dream about, but he credits it all to his parents who believed in him enough to borrow money to send him to England when he was 17.

I also know how popular he is in the Everton dressing room, and any mis-understanding with Seamus will have been cleared up straight after the game.

He did something similar after a goal for Everton last year, after the tsunami, when he did what we initially thought was a "Hawai'i 5-0" celebration, but again it was aimed at the Samoan people, to show he was thinking of them.

I'm sure a targeted search on YouTube, particularly if you can remember the game, will yield a result.

Paul Olsen
2   Posted 24/10/2010 at 08:44:23

I seriously doubt anyone has given this much thought at all. Almost all know the character Cahill is built of.

Never an issue, never will be.
Nick Entwistle
3   Posted 24/10/2010 at 09:43:14

I don't have Coleman's number. Anyone?
Ernie Baywood
4   Posted 24/10/2010 at 10:53:26

To be honest Cahill's celebrations frustrate me a bit. You've scored in a derby - quit the choreographed routine and just let the team celebrate. Surely the passion should take over?

Then again, that passage did highlight two things to me.

1. Cahill has a great arrogance about him. Genuinely believes he's as good as anyone.
2. Coleman seems to respect or fear no-one. Just watching him bollocking P.Neville for misplaced passes is hilarious.

Back to the derby... Coleman was again around Cahill's neck after Mikky's goal so I'm sure there were no hard feelings.
Neil Humphrey
5   Posted 24/10/2010 at 12:02:58

Ernie, are you serious or just a troll? "Cahill has a great arrogance about him. Genuinely believes he's as good as anyone". As others have pointed out, Tiger Tim is one of the most humble footballers in the modern game.
Charlie Percival
6   Posted 24/10/2010 at 11:52:24

Nick I know someone who can contact Coleman, ill fill him in (although he is a red!)
Phil Bellis
7   Posted 24/10/2010 at 14:43:34

Pretty sure I've seen a sequence of Cahill, minus shirt, hugging Coleman at the end of the game.
Nick Entwistle
8   Posted 24/10/2010 at 16:00:41

Maybe its best Georgie Ketsbaia never played for us.
Tony J Williams
9   Posted 24/10/2010 at 16:08:44

Ernie, most Australians always have an arrogance about them, that is why they are so good at winning things.

Neil, I thought troll at first but then I thought, anyone who is good at what they do should have some arrogance and should feel like they are the best at what they do.....on the pitch. Off the pitch we all know it's a different story.
Nick Entwistle
10   Posted 24/10/2010 at 16:43:01

Or maybe that's Temori Ketbaia who played for Georgia?
Christopher McCullough
11   Posted 24/10/2010 at 20:28:11

As they say in Australia and New Zealand; "He's a good cunt". Excuse my language Evertonians but it's a genuine complement down under.
Brian Lawlor
12   Posted 24/10/2010 at 20:41:54

Thank God you've explained, we've all been really worried and I heard that, instead of celebrating our derby win, Seamus was up all night crying.
Peter Bourke
13   Posted 24/10/2010 at 22:16:46

If there's one thing i have noticed about Evertonians world wide is their sense of humour. Brian, you had me in stitches. It's amazing how funny you lot are and it's half the reason i read TW.
By the way Christopher, i'm from Down Under and have never heard the foul mouthed saying you refered do.
Jason Lam
14   Posted 25/10/2010 at 03:59:38

Seamus took offence? Where did you get that from? I suppose Cahill needs to buy everyone a round after each goal he scores.
Michael Tracey
15   Posted 25/10/2010 at 05:09:06

I am am from Down Under as well and I have never heard that saying either. Yes at the end of the game, Seamus and Tim gave each other a congratulations hug. Anyway, CYOB and onwards and upwards for the rest of the season.
Jon Cox
16   Posted 25/10/2010 at 19:01:17

Spare a thought for the poor corner flag, and Seamus feels hard done by.

It's GBH in anybody's book!!!