Members:   Log In Sign Up

Common Denominator

Has anyone noticed the common denominator in our recent success? I'll tell you ? the absence of Fellaini. Simple as that.....

Two games unbeaten without him including dicking that shower of shite; we went 20 games and only lost twice, at the back-end of last year without him.

Say what the fuck you like - the numbers speak for themselves. He's shite and we don't need him in the team.

I'd like to know the exact record we've got with that clown in the team and how much better it is when he's not playing....

Record signing me fuckin' arse......
Andy Callan, Northumberland     Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:03:55

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
1   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:26:27

OMG! Let the bun fight begin...
Dave Lynch
2   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:33:34

The common denominator in our recent success has been the return of Neville and Moyes not having lots of options at his disposal. The mans head goes up his arse when he has options. End of.

Fellaini is class played in his correct position.

3 buns aimed at your head, sir!

Tony J Williams
3   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:35:14

What about Pienaar? He goes missing and we win two games, he comes back and we don't win.

You can try and make any info fit your argument.
Kase Chow
4   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:37:28

What a stupid post.
Steve Hopkins
5   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:38:09

As above you can make any statistic into an argument. I didn't change my pants between the Birmingham and shite games but did for the spurs game and look what happened. Throw in some unecessary swearing and that's my argument done.
Joe Carroll
6   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:31:59

Stupid or bored, Andy? You seem content to forget that he played in the 2 games that sparked our recent form, the draw at Fulham and the win at Brum.

You also seem willing to block out that jolly Christmas period where we completely turned our season around; Moyes and a vast number of Blues citing Fellaini as one of the main reasons behind that. Or does Xmas depress you that much that you spent the entire holiday drunk out of your skull and so remember nothing of that revival.

Stop making up stats. Jack Rodwell has also been out for those last 2 games. Are you suggesting he's no good and we get shut of him too?

Keep your ridiculous comments to yourself next time.
Norman Merrill
7   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:40:28

Andy, You are entitled to your opinion, but I doubt if many would agree, and it seems that you dont think he will improve the team when fit. Well I have a feeling you will be proved wrong.
Dara Vaughan
8   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:45:25

Fellaini... Steven Gerrard... back pocket.

I'll get my coat.

Brian Williams
9   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:49:40

I think Andy was bored and just wanted to light the blue touch paper and enjoy the fireworks!!!

Not very subtle, Andy!
Robert Daniels
10   Posted 25/10/2010 at 13:55:02

Have a day off, Andy... Complete crap, Felli's a colossus! Ask Bellamy how good he is. Keep taking the Gary Abletts.
Erik Dols
11   Posted 25/10/2010 at 14:10:36

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo didn't play any part in our recent results as well.
Brian Lawlor
12   Posted 25/10/2010 at 14:24:54

Are you about 12?
John Daley
13   Posted 25/10/2010 at 14:14:57

Well done for showing the perceptive prowess and deductive reasoning of Inspector Gadget. Both games were early kick offs as well. It can't just be coincidence can it?
Peter Webster
14   Posted 25/10/2010 at 14:45:26

Andy's used a false syllogism for his argument. Eg. Socrates is a man, Socrates is Greek; therefore all men are Greek. Bad logic, I'm afraid.

Any road, Socrates is a Brazilian...and looks like Gil Scott Heron. By Andy's logic all men look like Gil Scott Heron.

I'll get me coat.
Pavel Ivanov
15   Posted 25/10/2010 at 14:52:47

Oh yeah? We would have been worse with Fellaini instead of Heitinga at DM? Don't make me laugh.

Fellaini is one of best players we have. He keeps our game flowing when the ball get through him, intimidates opponets and scores goals.

On another note, I thought Pienaar was very good in the middle until he got tired in the second half (better than Arteta) and Bily wasted a single ball in the first half and did reasonable well without setting the world alight.
Kevin Tully
16   Posted 25/10/2010 at 14:58:08

Utter shite.
Jay Harris
17   Posted 25/10/2010 at 15:33:51

A waste of ToffeeWeb space.
Kevin Jones
18   Posted 25/10/2010 at 15:20:00

I've read some silly comments on here but this takes the gari-fucking-baldi.

By the way if anyones throwing buns I'll have one with pink icing on. Hmmmm... buns.
Jon Gorman
19   Posted 25/10/2010 at 15:49:30

Yes! I totally agree! Not a bad player by any means but lacks the concentration and intelligence to play defensive midfield. He was an absolute liability positioning-wise against Man U. And as far as his attacking threat goes, he was toothless against Newcastle.

Still, he's undeniably good at carrying the ball in midfield, something which we do lack.
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
20   Posted 25/10/2010 at 15:56:30

Jay, we have enough space... even to allow in the odd person who wants to make a total fool of themselves.

What was that? It's all about opinions? Sometimes those opinions get a bit wacky!
Dennis Stevens
21   Posted 25/10/2010 at 15:54:41

Since the war Everton have only ever won anything when the manager is a former Everton player, therefore we won't win anything under Moyes as he hasn't played for Everton. Of course, not all former Everton players have brought success to the club when they've subsequently returned as manager, so the solution isn't just a matter of replacing Moyes with such as David Jones or Peter Reid, etc.
John Brennan
22   Posted 25/10/2010 at 16:59:26

This guy is quality. We would be making a big mistake if we let him go.

Who do you want if he goes? A worn-out Man Utd player, a Chelsea also-ran? A "possible" from the lower leagues?

This guy is class, he can read the game, he sees what's on, he will score in his first game back, and I will donate a million to the team after his next goal??!!

Jon Cox
23   Posted 25/10/2010 at 18:08:27

Andy just to get a level of your IQ, here's a quick question for you:

What was the name of the ship in the film "Mutiny on the Bounty"?

COYB
Jon Cox
24   Posted 25/10/2010 at 18:18:20

John B, a million what?
Thomas Christensen
25   Posted 25/10/2010 at 18:30:53

Didn't the wins coincide with Arteta being in the team! The scrap against Spurs had him out of the team... What I'm trying to say is that the wins had much more to do with Arteta in the team than Fellaini out of it.

Something to consider is that, had Fellaini played, the shower of shit who wants a push bike and a Barcelona flag would have been dropped. He was so bad on Saturday, I was beginning to think he had borrowed John Oster's boots.
John Andrews
26   Posted 25/10/2010 at 18:39:59

Is this the same player DM described as... "on current form, the best midfield player in the Premier League"?
David Price
27   Posted 25/10/2010 at 19:46:34

Ok lads wrap it up, Asda is running out of buns.
Sam Hoare
28   Posted 25/10/2010 at 20:08:52

I think Andy makes an extremely good point in a balanced and well argued way.
Amit Vithlani
29   Posted 25/10/2010 at 20:16:54

Jon Cox, I'd hazard a guess that Andy's answer would be "Mutiny".....
Dean Adams
30   Posted 25/10/2010 at 20:14:35

Dennis Stevens ? So how long before Phil Neville becomes manager and we win the treble for the following five years. We then get bored with winning and stop watching!!
Yeah whatever......
Chris James
31   Posted 25/10/2010 at 20:27:15

What an entirely spurious post, lacking in any sort of proper research or reasoning and conveniently overlooking hordes of contrary data (for instance the fact that Felli was actually playing in the first victorious match of our recent run (and the season) when we became the first team to beat Birmingham City at St Andrews for like 18 months). You know, it actually makes me pine for the days of Tony Marsh...
Josh Holmes
32   Posted 25/10/2010 at 20:31:49

There was a period last season for a few months leading up to his injury, where he was without doubt, the best player on the pitch Every game! At the time he was already getting linked with a host of clubs due to his awesome form! This post is just plain ridiculous!
David Hallwood
33   Posted 25/10/2010 at 20:39:03

David Price #27, there's just been another delivery... have you noticed that when the moon is in the 6th house and Uranus is aligned with Saturn, and on the waxing of the moon we struggle. Funny that innit?
Thomas Christensen
34   Posted 25/10/2010 at 20:36:12

I think the most interesting part of this thread is the entry put in by Dennis Stevens - 21#

Stuart Barlow, Gareth Farrelly, Brett Angel, John Oster, Alex Nyarko and AVDM - all can be forgiven if you are a quality manager in disguise...
Mike Hughes
35   Posted 25/10/2010 at 20:57:38

John Cox #23 - can you give us a clue?
David Hallwood
36   Posted 25/10/2010 at 22:02:04

Thomas Christensen (#34) ? Alex Nyarko would be an interesting choice as a manager if only for the post match interview. He would thank God for the performance then break down and cry sandwiched between babbling incoherently. He?d make Ian Holloway look like Alistair Darling.
Jon Cox
37   Posted 25/10/2010 at 22:03:07

Chris James, I also wish for Tony Marsh! Marshey, get your arse back to this website. Why? ? cos what you have to say is at least interesting. If I don't agree I'll hassle you, if I do then I'll support you. But please, I'm going through the boredom stage and it's great to be able to argue with you.

Tony get your shit together and come back on here and let us know what you THINK

COYB
Alex Kociuba
38   Posted 25/10/2010 at 22:34:50

I agree, Tony Marsh should return!!
Jon Cox
39   Posted 25/10/2010 at 22:40:07

Alex, let's get this guy back on the site.

I just want to know what he thinks.

Tony, stop being the ultimate anti-hero and give us what you think of the season so far....
Dick Fearon
40   Posted 25/10/2010 at 22:38:07

Is there a player who does not have his own bunch of critica. My favourite grizzle is Osman to others it is Hibbert, Bily, Howard, Pip, Becks, not that Becks, our one. The Yak comes in for his share of brickbats as do Jags, Distin, Saha, and the little Spaniard.

Even the great Cahill has a small yet getting smaller group who refuse to recognise true greatness. I like the big fella and think he has so far merely scratched the surface of his potential.

Gaute Lie
41   Posted 25/10/2010 at 22:57:04

A good advice to you, sir:

DONT SMOKE YOUR SOCKS!

It obviously makes you blind and a little mad..
Colin Malone
42   Posted 25/10/2010 at 22:57:08

Fellaini's best at the holding role because he is not the fastest player and he does it well.

But a major fault, he goes wandering out of position and leaves a big gap, and cannot get back, hence why we lost those games.
Ian Smitham
43   Posted 25/10/2010 at 23:18:34

Mr Kenrick ? Censorship is probably the wrong word here, but maybe using your power as Editor would be right.

This is rubbish.

But then again a load of bods have written in.

Fella is our best player. One day and i hope not soon, some club will bid for him big time. Aggressive (yes ,I know ? elbows) Goal scoring, corner defending and box to box he has it all.

Personally, I am big on attitude and Fella's is top.

Rather him than the untouchable Spaniard and the Dutch bad attitude man, or even the Russian man who needs to sort his game. Fella and Jack is the all powerful strong Midfield we should build a team around... especially as they are young enough to allow that to happen.

As for Pienaar, I say ? give him the money; at least he does not hide... even when it does not go right for him.
David Price
44   Posted 25/10/2010 at 23:41:24

On a tangerine tangent, heard a rumour we are after Charlie Adams, aged 25, (looks older) in January. Adams's agent: Kenny Moyes. Brother of... Davey.

Pienaar, sign up now, don't expect us to beg.

Dennis Stevens
45   Posted 26/10/2010 at 00:30:19

Dean & Thomas, I fear you may have read a little too much into my post as I was merely applying the same sort of "logic" as the original poster. I'm sure there's no reason why we couldn't win a trophy under a manager who isn't a former player.

However, if Moyes's successor is successful then I won't care whether it's Neville, Barlow, Farrelly, Angell, Oster, Nyarko, Van der Meyde ? or whoever. Not all top players make the grade as coaches & many top coaches were no great shakes as players.

Paul Olsen
46   Posted 26/10/2010 at 01:03:47

Oh yes you genius Andy Callan, it's all Fellaini's fault.

Some of the posters in here........
Derek Thomas
47   Posted 26/10/2010 at 01:04:38

I don't trust any statistic I didn't make up myself....Winston Churchill.

aka

Total Bollocks, wtf are you on?
Gary Sedgwick
48   Posted 26/10/2010 at 02:56:52

"Andy just to get a level of your IQ, here's a quick question for you:

What was the name of the ship in the film "Mutiny on the Bounty"? "

Answer would probably be "The Coconut".
Dermot Ryan
49   Posted 26/10/2010 at 06:15:23

Seriously though, I'm concerned.

Has anyone checked in on Tony Marsh?
Albert Perkins
50   Posted 26/10/2010 at 06:59:52

I can't remember ever writing this before.... you are off your fuckin head.

The boy will become a man and rule that midfield like a god. Probably.
Zack Yusof
51   Posted 26/10/2010 at 07:08:30

Utter tosh. Worst thing is that i'm never going to get back the 30 seconds or so it took me to read that bollocks. Grr.. hand me those buns now!!
Andrew Conroy
52   Posted 26/10/2010 at 11:23:16

Thank you for allowing me to 'Say what the fuck' I like, Andy, very good of you. So I will:

If Fellaini had been playing in the Liverpool game instead of Heitinga, who has clearly downed-tools so as to prepare for his walk to the Nou Camp, we'd have put 5 past the fuckers.

Recent success? I don't regard 1-1 against Spurs as a success, same as I don't regard Fellaini as 'shite'.
Ben Jones
53   Posted 26/10/2010 at 12:21:36

Cmon Andy, we wanna hear your response out of... I count... 52 responses!
Ray Robinson
54   Posted 26/10/2010 at 12:24:19

Faced with the aerial bombardment at Brum, we wouldn't have won that match without Fellaini. The real reason we're unbeaten anyway is that my mate has started wearing his lucky yellow Everton away kit again (and not washing it in between games!)
Nelaj Behajiha
55   Posted 26/10/2010 at 13:50:34

Fucking hell he's entitled to his opinion. Most football supporters have wacky opinions. Felaini does have his weaknesses but at the end the day it's just an opinion. The responses to this poster of completely over the top. By all means disagree is that what debates about but he hardly said that Messi would be signing for Everton in January.
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
56   Posted 26/10/2010 at 14:40:40

Ian, what can I say? Some people have some really strange views on things Everton. We could just do "sensible" I suppose... but dja know who'd be making that call? Yea, it doesn't really bear thinking about.

On the other hand there is the deliberate wind-up. Hard to detect, so occasionally they will get through. Best not to be over-used though, as wind-ups devalue the debate, and calling something a wind-up is a bit of a cop-out.

David Chait
57   Posted 26/10/2010 at 15:38:38

The guy clearly has a very very short term memory issue... Not only did Fella pull us single handidly away from the shit last year.. winning how many MotM in a row.... but imo as mentioned before he is a point of difference to other sides... he is something no other team bar Chelsea maybe can lay claim to in terms of all round quality in the DFM role....
and to one post above.. him and Rodders will be THE dominant central partnership in the Premiership... if (a freakin big if) all things go according to plan...
David Booth
58   Posted 26/10/2010 at 17:32:58

What a waste of time and space this ridiculous thread is... and here am I contributing to it!

But only to say that with just nine league games gone, is there a single player who has not been widely condemned for being the epitome of uselessness?

Howard, Hibbert, Neville, Baines, Distin, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Osman, Arteta, Saha, Yakubu, Beckford, Uncle Tom Cobley and all have been accused of not being fit to wear the shirt.

Heavens above, even Jagielka, Pienaar and Cahill - three whose 100 per cent effort and comitment can surely never be questioned - have had an accusative noose placed around their necks.

And now comes this nonsense, that Fellain is the root of all evil.

The evidence: two whole games unbeaten without him and the equally unimpressive assertion that we only lost twice at the back-end of last year without him.

"Say what the fuck you like - the numbers speak for themselves," states author, Andy Callan, rather less than eloquently.

Thanks Andy. I will. What's the point? Playing too much Championship Manager and getting your stats confused with the real thing?

Through a combination of repeated injuries and David Moyes' incomprehensible reluctance to play him in his most effective position, we are only starting to see the vast potential Fellaini possesses.

But now he's crap and we're better off without him you say?

Echoing the sentiments of a few fellow posters above, it's a great pity these pointless, ill-informed threads (and the people who perpetually write them), aren't given the boot - instead of a virtual A-Z of our playing staff.

Who next: Baxter? After all, we always lose when he's on the bench!
Steve Edwards
59   Posted 26/10/2010 at 20:01:47

I've always thought that human nature is a fascinating thing. With some people for instance, once they have made their mind up about something or someone then no matter what happens they will never change their mind. Fellaini struggled when he first came to the club and clearly Andy made his mind up there and then that he was shite. Now nothing will change his mind and you'll never alter his opinion no matter what. People are strange creatures.
Neil Parsonage
60   Posted 26/10/2010 at 22:39:57

In my opinion Felli is probably the only player at the club who has the potential to control a game and if we start getting rid of that sort of player then we might as well pack it all in!
Dominic Duerden
61   Posted 27/10/2010 at 10:49:24

Hibbert being dropped more likely is the main reason for the form improving.

Fellaini is class and will be brilliant alongside Arteta when they are both match fit.
Tony J Williams
62   Posted 27/10/2010 at 12:12:58

It's all Hibbert's fault and that lazy barstool Osman has been missing the last few games.....sack him