"Moyes is Useless" ? ???

I've heard this since Moyes has been in charge... Maybe the reason we've become a fucking good team ? and, more importantly, a hard team to play against ? is because...

I dont play the FIFA 11s or the Championship Managers anymore, I'm too old for that now... but did anyone hear Moyes on the touchline yesterday?? He was playing that game like X, X, X, (yes another X) and Y (to Bainsey) then (shit there's no) SQUARE []?...

David Moyes ? I love you, despite what maybe 75% (with Ciaran maybe 75.1%) may think on here...

In Moyes I Trust. He was on that pitch like he was still a centre-half for Celtic (although we know Moyesie can do better than that if he had an English passport). I wanna get in that Family Enclosure near him... is that good for the kids? Well, yea... they'll be learning the tricks from the trade... [to Ciaran:] ? as long as Neville's not on the bench!

Do any of you guys and girls (or Evertonians' wives) love the fact Moyes had an opposition ? not just Stoke but more importantly to himself ? Tony Pullis? And people forget: the team plays the team but, in Moyes's 'eyes', he's playing the person 10 yards away from him. They're coming to Goodison thinking... ... ... ... anyway.

A lot of this is never touched but I guarantee you ? and I hope someone will back me up here ? that the boys do it on the pitch but, in a manager's eyes, you're playing the other manager.

I've never ever seen a manager like Moyes who plays the game from the touchline; that's why I think, as Evertonians, we have an added bonus from what passes the white line... and more importantly, WE HAVE SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL.

And in amongst that something special, we have... DAVID MOYES.

Onslaught please, ToffeeWeb!
Charlie Percival, Liverpool, City Centre     Posted 31/10/2010 at 07:05:01

Comments

David Price
1   Posted 31/10/2010 at 14:25:01

Always loved a touchline manager showing the passion thay Moyes has. It is reflected in his teams and no-one deserves a trophy more than him.

Ok, onslaught to begin after this post.

Mick MacManus
2   Posted 31/10/2010 at 14:29:35

Well picked up on Charlie - while watching over the net, I heard Moyes giving instructions pass by pass to players. e.g. to Phil Neville when Pienaar had the ball in central midfield. it was something like, "Phil, hold-hold-HOLD, Phil go, go, GO!" as Phil holds his run up the right wing (like a greyhound raring to get out of the traps!) 'til the moment Moyes gives him the ok to burst forward to run into the path of the through ball. Presume it happens all the time at Everton matches, but I have really never noticed other managers doing this play by play.
Joe McMahon
3   Posted 31/10/2010 at 16:12:31

Charlie ? I've just seen Chris Hughton on the touchline playing and starting with two ? yes, TWO strikers upfront and thrashing Sunderland 5-1. Hope you are happy with always being 1-0 up and hanging on for dear life.
Nathan Ward
4   Posted 31/10/2010 at 16:24:24

Joe - did Newcastle get more points than us? And let's not mess around ? Cahill is a forward who just plays very deep.
David Thomas
5   Posted 31/10/2010 at 16:37:37

Joe,

We played considerably poorer yesterday when we started to play two up front.
Joe McMahon
6   Posted 31/10/2010 at 16:33:24

Nathan, I'm not getting involved in a "who's better" situation. All I'm saying is I admire the way Newcastle go for it under their current manager. Remember they did Villa 6-0 the week before Villa beat us. Yes, we may finish above them at the end of the season? But at least their fans see some entertainment (and in a good stadium too).

After nearly 9 years of Moyes (this is only my opinion), I'm sick of strikers running wide for the ball, negative tactics and hanging on to 1-0's. Remember when we did finish 4th with a negative goal difference? Yes we got some wins, but it's not entertaining is it.

David Hallwood
7   Posted 31/10/2010 at 16:40:43

Well spotted David Thomas (#5); Cahill was the 2nd forward in the 1st half and we were cack, 4-4-1-1 suits our style ? and Cahill's...
Leon Perrin
8   Posted 31/10/2010 at 16:45:46

What's he been doing all week if he's got to tutor the buggers who to pass to from the line?

That's the problem with Everton ? there's no quick thinking, no free movement.

Maybe that's why we're so lob sided ? only the players near the touchline can hear his instructions, what a load of nonsense.
Mike McLean
9   Posted 31/10/2010 at 17:43:37

"Go out and enjoy yourselves." (Matt Busby)

"Hold, hold, hold". (David Moyes)

Hmm.
Brian Waring
10   Posted 31/10/2010 at 18:11:37

Errr, isen't that why he's being paid big bucks, you know....? For doing his job.
Brendan McLaughlin
11   Posted 31/10/2010 at 22:00:48

1960;s- Matt Busby
2010 - David Moyyes
Hmmm!
Derek Thomas
12   Posted 31/10/2010 at 22:04:11

Shock Horror...Managers only manage coz they can't play anymore.

The key to coaching is...better players

So,

Either,

Ours aren't good enough to have their own internal coach/voice telling them hold, hold,make the run micky, NOW(plays ball into space that micky or who ever will be when the ball gets there.

Or,

Moyes is a total defensively minded control freak and Neville is his Prophet.

Mind you Baines seems to do his best work when playing towards the Park End where he hasn't got Moyes in his earhole all afternoon...Hmmm.
Tony J Williams
13   Posted 31/10/2010 at 22:52:44

I didn't realise the tinterweb had secretly placed microphones next to the dug out for fans to hear whilst watching on the web.

He must have a good voicebox on him directing every single play over the crowd.
Dennis Stevens
14   Posted 31/10/2010 at 23:59:17

From what I've sen of him I like & respect Moyes & one only has to look at the type of players he's brought to the club to see that he wants a team that can play football. Sadly, however, I no longer have faith that he has what it takes to bring silverware to the club. Although every season he's manager I'll be hoping he proves me wrong - after all, we could still do The Double this season!
Iain Love
15   Posted 01/11/2010 at 08:57:48

Leon #8 well said. I've played under managers who frankly get on your tits shouting instructions from the line, mind you i've also played under managers who spot things i dont , so it can be good or bad.
Paul Rimmer
16   Posted 01/11/2010 at 16:00:14

There was a stat on the radio on Saturday that the last time we were beaten by more than one goal was Liverpool last season (2-0) (33 games?). We;re certainly competitive and for the most part play good football so Moyes must be doing something right.