Tickets at the Megastore

Just a quick thought but, after purchasing several tickets over the phone and having them delivered this season, it occurred to me that tickets could and perhaps should be sold at the club shop?

I'm sure that their takings would...well they might actually make some money, as I'm sure they struggle to break even at the moment going by the number of customers I see in there.
Jon Gorman, Liverpool     Posted 02/11/2010 at 07:41:12

Comments

Ernie McAllister
1   Posted 03/11/2010 at 12:00:08

It's probably for that very reason "not enough customers going through the megastore purchasing" that they don't sell tickets there.

Though saying that I am sure I remember them selling tickets in the Liverpool store (before it closed down, the one not far from John Lewis if I remember correctly).

I remember someone in there saying the bulk of their sales came from buying match day tickets... I guess that wasn't a good omen considering they were meant to be selling merchandise.

I think the way they sell tickets now is perhaps for the best. Imagine queuing for hours at the box office for a big game, and someone goes and buys the last ticket at the mega store, I'd be furious.
Chris Wright
2   Posted 03/11/2010 at 15:27:21

I seem to remember in the late 90's when ticket sales were dealt with by Ticket Master that I could even get tickets in HMV in Chester. They had their own ticket master till in there which you could get concerts and football match tickets from.
Chris Wright
3   Posted 03/11/2010 at 15:27:21

Roger Domal
4   Posted 03/11/2010 at 20:43:44

I'm in the USA, so excuse my ignorance, but you can't buy tickets on line? It's 2010!!!! Almost 2011.
David Thomas
5   Posted 03/11/2010 at 20:47:09

Roger,

You can buy home match tickets online but not tickets for away matches.
Mark Stone
6   Posted 03/11/2010 at 21:50:56

Do you mean Everton One or Everton Two? If Everton One you can just go to the box office over the road. If Everton Two, its not a bad idea as people working in town could just pop in their lunch hour. However, in terms of going out specifically to buy the tickets - box office is easier as you don't have to worry about getting the mortgage needed to park in Liverpool One!
Peter Dry
7   Posted 03/11/2010 at 23:16:42

It's a good idea but let's remember that this is Everton we are talking about. They run our club like a corner shop, it's embarrassing.