All's fair in love ? not football

Current results against us... in my opinion, how each game should have gone? I honestly think it?s a fine line between us gaining 13 extra points so far. This would put us 2nd... sounds crazy, but please tell me which games am I out of order with and why.

Blackburn A 0-0 +1
Wolves H 3-1 +2
Aston V. A 3-1 +2
Man Utd H 3-3 0
Newcastle H 1-1 +1
Fulham A 2-0 +2
B?Ham A 2-0 0
Liverpool H 2-0 0
Spurs A 1-1 0
Stoke H 1-1 -2
Blackpool A 4-3 +2
Bolton H 3-1 +2
Arsenal H 2-2 +1

Have I an outdated pair of blue tinted specs after watching each game? I just feel we are so close, a bit like the winter of '83 before it clicked. To say we are heading from disaster to another certainly reminds me of the opinions from that time all those years ago.

Let battle commence...
David Price, Stockport     Posted 15/11/2010 at 11:41:37

Comments

Anthony Hughes
1   Posted 15/11/2010 at 15:51:26

A nice positive way of looking at things, David; however, if my auntie was my uncle and all that... The stat that is most worrying at the moment with a third of the season gone is just three wins from thirteen.
Paul Olsen
2   Posted 15/11/2010 at 16:06:28

We do look close because we have a lot more possesion than we used to have a few years back.

The backside is, we fail to make that possesion into clear-cut goalscoring opportunities.

And therefore Everton flatter to deceive just about every game they play. It's like having a team full of freestyle footballers, it looks kinda flash but it really is as effective as Stuart Barlow on an off-day.
Dave Lynch
3   Posted 15/11/2010 at 16:10:51

Moyes states: "Managing Everton will always be a battle".

He wants to try fucking supporting them.

Jon Ferguson
4   Posted 15/11/2010 at 16:01:36

Against United we didn?t deserve a draw based on the first 90, Newcastle we definitely didn?t deserve anything from the game (we were awful) and yesterday I don?t think we deserved anything either.

It?s all coulda, woulda, shoulda! You definitely create your own luck by forging attacking opportunities and limiting the oppositions. In general, we haven?t carved open enough chances and like yesterday have displayed a level of disorganisation defensively, allowing other teams to create some luck against us.

I still think we will finish in a Europa place.
Jon Ferguson
5   Posted 15/11/2010 at 16:14:30

Dave #3 - Very true!
Mike Hughes
6   Posted 15/11/2010 at 16:13:54

I think that's an extra 11 points but I take the broader point and agree with it.

This season is a big missed opportunity so far. However, while all is not lost, that also applies to all of the other contenders for Europe. Anyone who puts a decent run together, as we did December to March last season, is in with a chance of top 4.

#3 Dave Lynch ? spot on.
Jeremy Benson
7   Posted 15/11/2010 at 18:12:56

And... back in the room!

We are currently in 13th place with 15 points.

That is a fact, and that is the reality. All of the other clubs in the Premier League could of course play the same fantasy game of "what could have been". Where would be then?

I'd guess about 13th...
Andy Crooks
8   Posted 15/11/2010 at 18:41:06

Dave Lynch, spot on. Every post-match comment from David Moyes suggests that he is totally bewildered that his negative, fearful shite doesn't work. This is simply not good enough.

I find it unbelievable that there are Evertonians who think that the dross served up by this man is acceptable.

Of course, the response is, who will we get? My reply is, for the money he is paid we should have a world class coach. I challenge anyone to come on this site and say that David Moyes is world class.

Guy Hastings
9   Posted 15/11/2010 at 19:02:39

I was only six correct numbers out from winning Saturday's lottery.
Mark Ramshaw
10   Posted 15/11/2010 at 19:27:15

Not sure where to post this but after my first time at Goodison yesterday thought the atmosphere was terrible. No singing, chanting, nothing! Is it always like that as that can't be helping anything. It didnt feel like there was a stadium full supporting their team. Lacked positivity although the Arsenal fans sang throughout
Tony Christian
11   Posted 15/11/2010 at 19:48:05

Mark ? Goodison is a funny place and for the most part it is a morgue. However, occassionally it can rock... and when it does, there is no place better.
John Daley
12   Posted 15/11/2010 at 19:39:11

Mark Ramshaw,

If you're expecting singing and chanting I'm afraid you've gone to the wrong ground. You want to get yourself to that shithole across the park instead. They can generate an artificial atmosphere with the best of them. Anyway, isn't continuously belting out mindless ditties all day, well, just a bit wank really?

At Goodison you usually get a partisan crowd who are on the opposition backs from the off. When the blues are on the end of a string of bad decisions from the ref, or there's a perceived injustice, then the place can become a real bear pit at times.

I'd rather watch the game than wave a flag about or hoist a scarf in the air, and I'd rather hear a raging 65-year-old screaming 'Cunt' at Cesc Fabregas than singing about how super Steven Pienaar is.
Mark Ramshaw
13   Posted 15/11/2010 at 20:16:03

John, I'm not sure what I was expecting to be honest but there wasn't even the 65-year-old screaming at Cesc Fabregas! Not even sure I heard anyone swear. I was in the main stand so not sure if that was the difference but it just didn't have the 'buzz' that I thought it would have.

I just expected more outward support from the Team. Really enjoyed a few pints before and the craic outside, it was just as the game progressed. Maybe its an indictment of the team and those who see them regular are hacked off with it.

John Daley
14   Posted 15/11/2010 at 20:51:00

Mark,

Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you were expecting to. Some games can be like that though, especially when the team fail to get going until the last ten minutes.
Craig Taylor
15   Posted 16/11/2010 at 09:09:08

What if, What if, What if. All a load of bollocks. You could just as easily say if we had won all of our matches then we would be top.

What's done is done.

By the way, we beat Stoke, and we should have expected to beat them. So suggesting a draw shows how much bollocks you are talking!
David S Shaw
16   Posted 16/11/2010 at 09:33:51

Glad to see you've gave Stoke a goal, what about Blackpool's goal that was disallowed?

All teams can do this, we've had our luck in those two games.

I'm bored of "we're hard luck Everton".
Richard Dodd
17   Posted 16/11/2010 at 10:43:24

As many of you have pointed out to me, our current run of results is only acceptable if you are happy to accept a mid-table finish as satisfactory. Clearly to most, it is not... but although, like you, I aspire to greater things, I am prepared to realise that, without more resources, it`s probably all we can hope for.

There is no queue of would-be suitors anxious to tempt BB into selling up so we have to accept what we`ve got. But, at least, we`ve got a safe pair of hands in David Moyes to keep us out of real trouble!

Daniel Johnson
18   Posted 16/11/2010 at 12:19:36

I would love to see this season's total with Di Matteo or Ian Holloway as our manager, as I will bet you a tenner we would have won more than 3.

Moyes is the problem and he will continue to be so.
Ray Roche
19   Posted 16/11/2010 at 16:56:03

Jon Ferguson

I take it you didn't see the Utd game then. They had their first proper attack after about 34 mins and we were playing the far better football until then.
Mike Allison
20   Posted 16/11/2010 at 17:50:18

It is all shoulda, woulda, coulda, and fans of other teams might say the same (especially Stoke), but part of why people seem to get so frustrated is they expect all those 'results' you listed as if we absolutely deserve them regardless of anything else.

Football can turn on very small margins, I don't think there's anything particular we're doing wrong, I just think we're just slightly off in all departments at the moment, and an extra 5% will turn draws to wins, and defeats to draws or even wins.
Brian Waring
21   Posted 16/11/2010 at 20:42:18

Or you could say, Ray, that when the Mancs went 3 - 1 up, they had enough chances to have been out of sight in the game.
Trevor Lynes
22   Posted 16/11/2010 at 21:01:34

I honestly believe that the main aim of EFC is to remain in the Premier League... mid table will do nicely for BK and very probably DM too.

If we start to fall into the bottom four or five then we might get a new player or two... until then, it's ham and chips.

We are surviving on a veritable shoestring; no ambition and no attractiveness to bring in top players. Our assets consist of one or two decent youngsters and a bunch of journeymen who will become Everton legends to the blue tinted ones...

So far, our defence has well outshone our strikeforce and the creativity that Arteta once displayed has waned to a mere shadow. I'm sure that, when Ozzie and Anichebe are fit again, we will welcome them back like prodigal sons because they are no worse than some of the players on the pitch at the moment.