My message to Moyes

We have been let down big time so far, IMO we are not going to come back into contention for anything of note and we will probably see a fair few shite performances from now until May.

IMO Moyes, you re on borrowed time. I do however think we have players at the club to make a big impact in this league. This is what I want to see:

Mucha
Coleman
Heitinga
Distin
Baines
Rodwell
Fellaini
Pienaar
Cahill
Beckford
Gueye

4-3-1-2. Playing to our strengths.

Go for it, not for one game, or until your favourite players are fit again, go for it because it's clear that the players you trusted have let you down and are not trying hard enough, and most importantly fold like a pack of cards when the big games come around.

It's time for a new cycle at Everton and if you want to be part of it you need to understand that were sick of this shite you have served up almost consistently for almost 10 years. This is my message to you.
Stephen  Kenny, Liverpool     Posted 29/11/2010 at 21:19:29

Comments

Michael Kenrick
1   Posted 30/11/2010 at 06:28:27

Oh no... not the "I can talk to Moyes" syndrome... I know it makes you feel better, but come on, Stephen.

Step back from the keyboard.
Derek Thomas
2   Posted 30/11/2010 at 09:09:09

The only cycle I want to see is Moyes on his bike.

With maybe the added bonus of Kenwright on the crossbar.

Michael ? 'in cyberspace, no-one can hear you scream'... But that's all we can do... especially those of us in foriegn parts.

Until the people on the ground and in the ground start screaming nothing will get done... hence all the cyberspace screaming.

ps: All Marshy's chickens are now coming home to roost... Semper Fi Marshy.
Dave Lynch
3   Posted 30/11/2010 at 09:13:35

Iv'e nearly always in life found. That what you want, you very rarely get.
Don't hold your breath.
Charlie Percival
4   Posted 30/11/2010 at 09:13:50

Heitinga in for Jagielka.

Heitinga who wants out.

Jags whos our best defender by a mile out.

Errrr
Alex Kociuba
5   Posted 30/11/2010 at 09:59:13

Jagielka has been terrible this season, I think that's why.
Rob Teo
6   Posted 30/11/2010 at 10:00:10

Not sure if Jagielka is necessarily our "best defender by a mile" at this present time, Charlie....
Mike Hayes
7   Posted 30/11/2010 at 10:11:25

I would bench most of the team from Saturday. Give Mucha, Gueye, Silva, Mustafi a chance with Beckford, Fellaini, Rodwell, Bily and Cahill, Jags, Baines and Coleman. Pointless buying players and not even using them.

Why does Moyes say Gueye is his "secret weapon" if he's either on the bench or not in the squad? Some secret weapon, what's he waiting for, a relegation battle on the final day and bring him on with 5 minutes to go and 3-0 down?

Stephen Kenny
8   Posted 30/11/2010 at 11:13:55

Michael,

I think everyone who uses internet forum's knows that what they post makes absolutely no difference what so ever. When I wrote the post I thought what would I say to him if I bumped in to him in Asda.

You are right it did make me feel better. I am still spending a lot of time stalking the haggis aisle of Huyton Asda but that's a matter for me and the Police.

Charlie, Heitinga has talked about a few clubs and has also been taken out of context once or twice. He has also been hung out to dry by Moyes playing him centre midfield. Anyone who has played at any level knows unless you are highly mobile you will struggle, especially when your midfield partner is bang out of forn and not doing a tap.

Last season we looked a much better team when we had Lucas Neill and Heitinga playing the ball out of defence and starting attacks, with Jagielka we are surrendering possession time and time again. IMO we cant continue like this and expect to win games.
Norman Merrill
9   Posted 30/11/2010 at 12:29:59

Charles Percival, Spot on.

When I saw the name Heitinga, I nearly lost as much interest as the player has in the blue shirt. He gets booked easily, and his body language shouts "I want to be somewhere else"... If he is still here in when the transfer window is open, I will be very surprised.

And before the usual shout that Moyes is playing him out of position, he should at least look interested.

Brian Waring
10   Posted 30/11/2010 at 13:24:53

Norman (#9) ? if Heitinga's body language shouts "I want to be somewhere else" then, going by the body language of half of them at the moment, they are all shouting it.
John Barnes
11   Posted 30/11/2010 at 15:05:23

Charlie, Jagielka is poor. Always will be in my opinion. Heitinga is simply better in that position. But he wants away, presumably (?), so you aren't interested in him. (What to do with Pienaar then? Drop him too?)

But are they our only optionsat the back? Why not give Duffy a few games? And Stephen, did you see Mucha in the World Cup? I agree it seems odd to buy someone and not give them a game but then a lot of Moyes's selections seem odd.

Stephen Kenny
12   Posted 30/11/2010 at 16:10:04

John,

IMO Howard has cost us over 7 points this season, Mucha didn't look great at the World Cup but I'd at least like to see him in action before I start saying we need a new keeper.
John Barnes
13   Posted 30/11/2010 at 23:20:58

Stephen, we need a new keeper. But I guess Mucha should at least be given a chance, otherwise why bring him in?