First the good news.....

Hibbert and Jagielka struggling to make Chelsea game.... Could it be we will see Heitinga in his true position?

Will Coleman get a game? If so, will he put Anichebe on the bench? Will Beckford get a start or used as a 20-min man again?

It will definitely be 4-5-1, so who will the midfield trio be?? ... Rodwell, Fellaini, Cahill? Maybe Bily on the left, Pienaar moving inside, Cahill lone striker...

Now if I was DM, it would be 4-4-2:

Mucha;
Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines;
Coleman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Pienaar;
Cahill, Beckford.

Tony Cheek, Haugesund, Norway     Posted 03/12/10 at 16:39:47

Comments

Michael Kenrick
1   Posted 03/12/2010 at 22:13:29

Err... that's not 4-4-2; that's 4-4-1-1. Cahill is a midifielder (said so himself) ? not a striker.

If you're gonna play Manager, the rule is you have to name the subs as well. It's only fair...
Jeff Armstrong
2   Posted 03/12/2010 at 22:14:24

Can this team be e-mailed to Moyes somehow?
Martin Handley
3   Posted 03/12/2010 at 22:27:02

My team would be
Mucha
Neville Heittinga Distin Baines
Coleman Fellaini Cahill Pienaar
Beckford Yak
Subs
Howard, Duffy, Anichebe, Gueye, Silva, Bily, Wallace

Saha can do one.

Michael Kenrick
4   Posted 03/12/2010 at 22:31:32

Jeff: Yes: david.moyes@evertonfc.com. Mention my name if you like... well, perhaps not on second thoughts.

Martin: good try... but Wallace is out on loan at Bury. And you are missing Hibbert and Yakubu, both of whom will be "nailed on" (imho)

See... not so easy is it?

Ray Robinson
5   Posted 03/12/2010 at 22:44:11

Mucha do about nothing!
Larry Boner
6   Posted 04/12/2010 at 00:10:15

"I have a bad feeling about this" and I am not talking about Star Wars.
Let's hope the force is with us....
Jay Harris
7   Posted 04/12/2010 at 01:42:30

Don't expect anything and then you won't be disappointed.

Well, maybe you will... but I just hope there's enough gas left in the tank for Wigan.

Expect Felli to be the star and then get an approach from Chelsea for him to replace Lampard.
Derek Thomas
8   Posted 04/12/2010 at 08:26:16

Larry Boner: 'Obiwon Knowsley, only you can help us now'.
Derek Thomas
9   Posted 04/12/2010 at 08:31:16

First Neville, now Hibbert and Jagielka, seems there is an epidemic of 'diplomatic' injuries...

I hope for the best, but fear the worst in the shape of a Chelsea backlash.

But, IMO, any positves we get from the game will only paper over the cracks.

I'm all Moyesed out.

Deadman walking, walking the blue mile.
Iain Love
10   Posted 04/12/2010 at 12:38:18

We all expect a defeat, hope for a draw, and dream of a win. Chelski are poor at the back at the moment, so why do we not do a Blackpool and just have a go at them?

Howard
Coleman, Heitinga, Distin, Baines
Fellaini, Rodwell
Bily, Pienaar
Cahill,
Beckford

Felliani & Rodwell instructed to hold and allow Coleman & Baines to break forward, Bily & Pienaar can also roam the park and Beckford gets the chance to play on the shoulder, which is his natural game.

Paul Whittaker
11   Posted 04/12/2010 at 12:45:49

Howard
Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines
Rodwell, Fellaini
Coleman, Cahill, Pienaar
Beckford

Can't be bothered to list the subs as they are never used unless the game's already dead.
Gerard Harkin
12   Posted 04/12/2010 at 12:46:10

Martin (#3), what exactly have you seen Mucha do that would warrant a start against the current League Champions? I've really only seen him in international games and he does nothing to fill me with confidence!!
Jon Cox
13   Posted 04/12/2010 at 13:27:53

Howard
Neville, Heitz, Distin, Baines
Fellaini
Coleman Pienaar
Cahill
Beckford Yak

Well it looks pretty!
Ciarán McGlone
14   Posted 04/12/2010 at 14:09:09

It's amazing that people still want to play Beckford despite his clear lack of ability..

'Reserving judgement is a matter of infinite hope'

We're in for a hiding today.
Larry Boner
15   Posted 04/12/2010 at 14:08:58

Gerard (#12)
It's not what Mucha does, it's what Howard doesn't do that worries me. I hope Howard has a stormer today, clean sheet and all that, but he needs to think more like Neville Southall than Robert Hatch.
Ross Keeley
16   Posted 04/12/2010 at 16:42:18

Oh dear, Cahill is a midfielder because he said so. That may be but, at the moment, he is playing as a striker, so no Mr Kenrick the original post stating 4-4-2 is correct... terrible knowledge of football once again.
Steve Pugh
17   Posted 04/12/2010 at 17:06:13

Ciaran, I'm really glad he decided to play Beckford for the last 36 minutes.
Michael Upton
18   Posted 04/12/2010 at 17:34:38

Ciaran, I second what Steve said.

And how glad are you that you were so wrong about us getting a hiding? Oh, the optimism of Evertonians.

Ciarán McGlone
19   Posted 05/12/2010 at 03:14:05

My dead flump could've scored his goal... I am yet to stand corrected. He's balls.
Ciarán McGlone
20   Posted 05/12/2010 at 03:16:17

"That may be but at the moment he is playing as a striker"
-----------------

No he isn't.
Michael Kenrick
21   Posted 05/12/2010 at 05:42:54

Yes, Ross (#16) ? Cahill is a midfielder because he said so. For some reason, I'd trust his knowledge of football ? and his own description of his role in the team ? way more than anything you could come up with.

Football knowledge? Who are you...??? Dave Wilson?

Seamus McCrudden
22   Posted 05/12/2010 at 18:16:33

Beckford to start banging them in from here on, bit of confidence and all that. Ciaran McGlone, fiver says he'll be our top scorer come seasons end!
James Marshall
23   Posted 06/12/2010 at 14:35:09

I'll take that fiver, Seamus, and I mean literally! If Beckford is top of anything other than the 'most glaring misses' of the season award, I'll eat my hat.

He's just not very good I'm afraid. He looks so startled when he messes things up, it's hilarious.
Seamus McCrudden
24   Posted 06/12/2010 at 22:07:31

Ok James, you're on, I hope you've a ten-gallon hat to munch on! He's gonna come good if he's given the opportunity, so come on Moysie, pick our best striker first.