When are we going to really let BK have it?

I like the stability that Bill Kenwright brings at our club. It is well run... but we do not get 3 points a game for that or Trophies or Champions League football! We need some money ? plain and simple.

I think most people are agreed that we do not think BK is doing enough to find a substantial investor or new owner, but what are we doing about it?

There are lots of things posted here and on other fansites but look at what fans of Newcastle, Man Utd, liverpool Aston Villa (in the days of Doug Ellis) do. They fucking protest properly. I think we have to do this and force Bill out; there is no other way.

We may have to accept that it will effect the team but let's face it this season is over for us now.

Come on BILL OUT, BILL OUT!!!!!

Craig Taylor, Leicester     Posted 14/12/2010 at 16:27:06

Comments

Michael Kenrick
1   Posted 14/12/2010 at 17:48:07

A couple of points, Craig...

We've had the protest discussion recently already, and the reality is that there is no groundswell among the match-going fans to oust BK ? probably far from it in fact. Most say that the match-going mood remains one of support ? for BK & DM ? especially among the more dedicated away fans.

Also, Evertonians are not that effective at protesting or changing things. Most efforts I'm aware of over the last few years (with notable exception of KEIOC) have failed to go anywhere. But hey, don't let me stop you; just my observation.

However.... The season is NOT over!!! It drives me fucking insane when people post this particular piece of garbage. It's not an 'opinion', by the way ? it's the dumbest, stupidest thing you could possibly write. The season ends in May 2011. There are 21 games left in the league. And there is an FA Cup game to be played.

THE SEASON IS NOT OVER!!!
Gerry Quinn
2   Posted 14/12/2010 at 18:37:17

If he did go under pressure from the fans (extremely unlikely!), who would have the balls to buy him out?

Newcastle ended up with a Mike Ashley type ? OMG, what a disaster that continues to be.

Man Ure and the Redshite ? OK, with American owners who have doubled, nee trebled, their debts... oh well, at least one of them has remained successful!

I have no intention whatsoever of defending Kenwright, but what would and who could we possibly expect to change things with the state this club has been in?

Anyone oppos with a Bill Gates-type or a toy-less Arab?

Charles King
3   Posted 14/12/2010 at 18:22:32

Craig

The spectre of agent Johnson still lurks in the psyche.
You only have to read the pro Moyes stuff, most frightened set of Evertonians in the clubs history.
Dave Lynch
4   Posted 14/12/2010 at 19:38:20

Michael. I think what Craig is getting at is, considering the expectations most Evertonians had (stupidly imo) before the season began. Then it is over for a lot of them, they believed the hype and adjusted their expectations accordingly.

You are right in that the reality is we have to play until May of next year... Fuck it !

Brian Waring
5   Posted 14/12/2010 at 19:47:07

Doesn't matter if he's skint lads, and is a bullshitter, he's a true blue.
Howard Don
6   Posted 14/12/2010 at 19:51:06

Michael, much as I respect your input into this site, I think we'd both agree it's not often we're in total agreement, so here goes (deep breath!)

Michael, you are absolutely and totally correct in everything you say in post (1) of course the season is not over, not by a long chalk.
Richard Dodd
7   Posted 14/12/2010 at 19:56:02

And just ask yourself when Villa were ever as low as they now are in Doug`s days!
Ian Stewart
8   Posted 14/12/2010 at 20:18:37

@#7.Richard Dodd. Villa got relegated under Doug Ellis in 1987, does that qualify?
David O'Keefe
9   Posted 14/12/2010 at 20:47:18

Craig, you live in Leicester, how the hell can you start or even participate in a protest? A lot of time and effort goes into these things they don't happen spontaneously.

I agree Michael the season isn't over, but like you I'm waiting for that long winning run to start. I want to be wrong, but I can't see it happening. Still FA Cup.
Nelaj Behajiha
10   Posted 14/12/2010 at 20:54:25

Well, one of the things I've always wondered about when we were doing well from around 2007 to 2009 ? I cannot believe nobody made any serious attempts to invest. We were the best team outside of the top 4 and our history and fans would have also beeen pull factors. I think BK is a liar.

But let's be honest ? how many fans would want to protest in the freezing cold? I'm all for it but get it organised.

Why doesn't for once something us blues talk about ever happen? I feel the problem is our fans are far too passive. We spend our whole time on our seats rather than letting the players know how we feel, a far cry from when I started watching Everton. Somebody with better IT skills than me should try and gather a group of fans to protest.

Jay Harris
11   Posted 14/12/2010 at 21:00:04

Craig
I have to give you credit for being the one and only recent poster who puts the blame squarely at Kenwright's door.

I am amazed and saddened that Evertonians have turned venomous against David Moyes (not without reason) but the guy who has bullshitted every one for 10 years with his smoke and mirrors tactics has conveniently faded into the background and is not getting one iota of flack.

Kenwright out ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jay Harris
12   Posted 14/12/2010 at 21:05:15

Michael,
IMO it would only take a few thousand Emails for Kenwright to get the message.

We ousted Johnson for far less.
Simon Temme
13   Posted 14/12/2010 at 21:41:11

What's it going to take guys ... a trebling of season ticket prices before we have some direct action!

BK's main USP may be that he is a true blue but do I really need to go on (Kings Dock, DK, Phillip Green, Watch this space... plus the loss of one if not two excellent executives). The main point, however, is that Moyes is in danger of taking us down and this spineless so-and-so will let him without so much as a whimper.

BK OUT ? MOYES OUT!

Gavin Ramejkis
14   Posted 14/12/2010 at 22:02:27

Jay, I've been anti Black Bill for years, protested with KEIOC outside the ground, emailed asking for Desperation Kirkby to be called in and have had words with the stewards shouting anti Kenshite stuff at the match and holding up a KEOIC banner at the season's end before the DK decision was made and am fed up of the general apathy in and around the ground. BK's antics are far worse than anything agent Johnson did yet the fans then soon built up an ousting, where the fuck are they all now? I fear nothing short of relegation would put a firework up these zombies' backsides and get them motivated to start asking for his head. People are scared of change but that's just what they had when DM arrived and at first it went well, BK is our Peter Swayles and makes us a laughing stock.
Jay Harris
15   Posted 14/12/2010 at 22:46:00

Totally agree Gav.

Fans seem more apathetic about Kenwright than they do about Moyes.

Even Doddy seems to be coming onboard now but why oh why do all these "Bill is a Blue" not see through the shyster.

Instead they'd sooner turn GP into a morgue which is not helping anything.

FFS Harry Catterick was given a rough ride for dropping Alex Young for one game yet Mork and Mindy can fuck up the whole club and get away with it.

I just wonder if a few thousand keyboard warriors emailing Kenwright might push him along.
Gavin Ramejkis
16   Posted 14/12/2010 at 23:08:10

I'd really love to think so Jay, but after all these years all I see in BK is a thick skinned charlatan with crocodile tears or fairy tales to suit the moment and a disappearing act when he runs out of ideas or cant face the music.

I've never known Everton fans so resigned to sitting on their hands as they are now.
Simon Temme
17   Posted 14/12/2010 at 23:16:41

Gavin

So right , it's all about fear. Unless we get the billionare benfactor we are not going to be anywhere else than we are now. However at least we can try and play football without fear and that takes guts - something BK & DM clearly don't have.
David Moore
18   Posted 15/12/2010 at 00:38:59

We don't need a new benefactor. All we need is for bill to fly me over for the rest of the season. When i was in England, i saw 3 games, and got 7 points(RS, spurs and stoke). I think i am the missing presence that is needed to get a win again.

I actually think that we will beat Man City btw, just putting it out there
Gavin Ramejkis
19   Posted 15/12/2010 at 00:37:16

Simon, trawl through this very website, you'll read many many many postings from me claiming I'd prefer a more business savvy owner with acumen, that doesn't necessarily mean a billionaire. BK and his cronies don't even have a short term business plan; selling players is the only thing this club does to earn enough income for squad strengthening and that's hardly going to have no effect or an infinite cycle is it? Look at the table Simon, tell me of how much more wealthy Bolton are and the vast depth and quality and squad over ours, how about Newcastle, West Brom, Sunderland or Blackpool? Tell you one thing they have and thats more points than we have and unless something dramatically changes it could well remain that way too or have they got billionaires only you know about Simon?
Ste Traverse
20   Posted 15/12/2010 at 01:24:57

The sooner Kenshite and his equally useless cronies in the boardroom are removed the better---but I suspect it my not be for a long time yet.

'Kopite' Peter Johnson would have been chased out this City had even attempted some of the stunts 'True Blue' Kenwright has managed to pull off.

I despise the way this phoney hogs the limelight when things are going well but goes into hiding when we are having a bad time. It really pisses me off the way he has the local media up his arse too.

Kenwright has had it easy for far to long and needs an ourpouring of anger directed straight at him and leave him in no doubt how much we are sick of him and disasterous chairmanship.
Eric Myles
21   Posted 15/12/2010 at 01:41:55

Some fans just don't get it that it's BK that is the source of the problem.

One post I read yesterday blamed Moyes for the finance problems, lack of stadium, and lack of transfer funds, and even for being last on MoTD FFS!!!!

BK just gets away scot free under the 'true blue boys pen' BS banner.
Roy Coyne
22   Posted 15/12/2010 at 03:51:37

I can't think of any club other than us who would not only accept being lied to on too many occasions to count, but also defend him. Maybe it's fear of the unknown or change but it's not because of him once being in the Boys Pen ? at least I hope not.
Steven Flavin
23   Posted 15/12/2010 at 06:19:11

Anyone who fancies letting Kenwright know their feelings can start here:

Bill Kenwright Limited
BKL House
1 Venice Walk
London W2 1RR
United Kingdom

020 7446 6200

General Enquiries:
info@Kenwright.com
Craig Taylor
24   Posted 15/12/2010 at 09:02:29

David O'Keefe #9 - FUCK OFF springs to mind. The fact I live in Leicester doesn't make you a better Everton fan than me.

It's unlikely I am going to be the leader of any protest, but if required, I would be willing to have an input. Ever heard of a fucking car?

Anyway - Michael I hear what you are saying but let's be fair we need someone who can score goals before we can win football matches. We need lots of money before we can get a decent striker.

As I say, my post is not a personal insult to BK, I think he has steadied the ship and the club is being ran in a stable way. I would like him to stay on the board if possible.

My point is he hasn't got the money we need to be as successful as we nearly were becoming. He doesn't seem to be looking very hard for a buyer and he can't see how frustrated we really are.

As true a blue as he says he is, do not kid yourself that he looks at this website, or any other Everton based website. So we need another way to get through to him.

But what would I know when I live in Leicester?
Dennis Stevens
25   Posted 15/12/2010 at 10:01:11

It's quite true that our inept Board are a greater long-term concern for the well-being of the club, but the short term issue is whether Moyes is the man to ensure our top flight survival this season - if he does then the next question would be whether that is sufficient achievement to justify his continuing as manager.
Sam Hoare
26   Posted 15/12/2010 at 11:14:52

BK may be poor and a liar but at least he's a fan. There's every chance that if he left he would be replaced with someone who is also poor and liar but not a profit seeking businessman rather than a fan....

Be careful what you wish for.
Craig Taylor
27   Posted 15/12/2010 at 11:13:11

I think that when Moyes's expectation and aim (which ultimatly went some way to increasing the expectations of a large proportion of Evertonians) was to achieve a Champions League spot, then you have to question him and so does the board (assuming we haven't achieved that at the end of the season - Michael!)

However, I believe he has earnt the right to be given a chance with some money and could anyone else really be expected to do any better with such lame resource?

I do wish he would bloody well try this Plan B or C he was talking about in the summer though!
Craig Taylor
28   Posted 15/12/2010 at 11:20:04

We are all fans, Sam. We would probably all love to own the club as well. And whoever is in charge is likely to do something to piss us off (look at the Russian at Chelsea).

The point here is that BK does not have the money and we need some quick.

Keep him and/or other fans on the board as it is great to have a fan's voice there.
Chris Sillett
29   Posted 15/12/2010 at 11:30:28

Craig Taylor, take no notice of David O'Keefe's stupid comment, you are a blue and that's all that matters! We all have to group together if we want to sort this mess out!
Paul O'Hanlon
30   Posted 15/12/2010 at 13:08:42

Another reason that Kenwright's never got the same abuse Johnson did is because of Moyes. Year after year our league finishes hide the short comings of our lying, useless Chairman.

A relegation battle this season change all that.
Steve Pugh
31   Posted 15/12/2010 at 13:18:11

Kenwright and the whole board have to go before this club will be able to move on. Preferably before Moyes goes. I say this for two reasons, firstly I think that Moyes has stopped trying so hard because he knows that no matter what he does he will not be rewarded with improved players, nor will he be able to keep his star players. How would any of you feel if your board of directors wouldn't sanction a good enough contract for a star like Pienaar. Maybe with a new board he would regain the attitude that made us the team to beat in the second half of last season.

The second reason to get rid of the board first is so that the new owners can choose their own replacement for Moyes if that is the way they want to go.

I would also like agree with Gavin that we don't need a billionaire we need, it is an astute businessman that can take advantage of the commercial opportunities available. Man Utd have their Knights, we just need our own version. People with money that support the club who can get together and buy out BK.
Craig Taylor
32   Posted 15/12/2010 at 13:56:21

Thanks Chris,

absolutely agree.
Paul Gladwell
33   Posted 15/12/2010 at 20:14:55

I am sick of buying a season ticket each year to be fooled every pre-season, then watch negative shite and all the time getting told by media and certain people telling me to be careful what I wish for.

Well fuck right off, I don't wish for league titles etc, I just wish I could look forward to going the game once in a while, I just wish not to keep leaving early to avoid ridicule sitting next to tin-pot fans WBA etc, I just wish for some balls from our manager, I just wish he would listen to the fans as 30,000 of us had known Coleman should have been playing months before him, the same 30,000 moaned that Heitinga is shite in the centre mid months before him, and the same 30,000 know Saha should have been dropped months ago too.

I just wish I could feel comfort in an easy 3rd round tie, but we know it won't be... and all this with our best ever squad ? and you tell me I should shut up and be thankful.

David Israel
34   Posted 15/12/2010 at 23:26:37

Hi everyone.

For years, I was grateful to BK for having been the man to end the Agent Johnson nightmare. Unfortunately, he is turning into a nightmare of his own because he doesn't have the wherewithal.

So the time has come for him to go, the logical conclusion would seem to ensue. But there's where things turn nasty: who's going to take over? I must say I wouldn't be excited at the prospect of Arabs or Americans, let alone Russians (or Thais, for that matter;-). And there's no prejudice of any kind in my thoughts and words.

I have an idea, though: even though his name will cause all sorts of understandably allergic reactions from KEIOC fans, Sir Terry Leahy is stepping down from his job with Tesco pretty soon. Now, wouldn't he be a man to organise some sort of consortium around him to take over the club?