Apologies to Big Vic

Anyone who booed the contract rebel at the weekend willing to come on here and apologise for their actions after reading the rubbish they print for tomorrows chip wrappers?

Form an orderly line please!
Jimmy Saville, Leeds     Posted 15/12/2010 at 18:14:25

Comments

Lee Courtliff
1   Posted 15/12/2010 at 20:21:24

I wasn't at the game to boo him but I have slagged him on here. If it was all untrue then I apologise.
Al Reddish
2   Posted 15/12/2010 at 20:23:06

I called him Anigreedy and if this is untrue then I will apologise. However, he has got previous for being stroppy and he is still a shit centre forward (with potential I suppose!)
Danny Burke
3   Posted 15/12/2010 at 20:26:32

Dont believe what you read in the papers, unless its the political opinions/musings of Amber, 23 from Durham or one of her mates.
Gavin Ramejkis
4   Posted 15/12/2010 at 20:48:51

In the latest quotes from him, he still shoots himself in the foot with non-commital phrases as if he doesn't know what he is asking for from the club and that's all down to his advisors. Well Victor they fucking work for you lad not the other way around, if you don't know yourself what you are looking for as a wage you are either thick as mince or talking through your arse.
John Daley
5   Posted 15/12/2010 at 20:47:39

Why, has he signed his new contract now then? No? Why the hell should anyone apologise then? Also, why are the words of a footballer trying desperately to get back on side with the fans any more believable than the trash printed in the press?

By the way, I didn't actually boo him myself but I certainly wouldn't castigate anyone who did.
Jeff Magee
6   Posted 15/12/2010 at 22:40:06

I was at the match and did not boo Victor ? I was a bit shocked that we would boo our own player and, whilst I could understand why people did it when he first came on, it seemed a little counter-productive to continue booing him every time he got the ball which happened for his next 3-4 touches. I felt he dealt with it quite well in that wasn't it his through ball that lead to Beckford's "offside" goal?

Having said that, I worry if he is our future, wherever he is played, and would prefer if we saved the extra money we were offering him and give it to Pienaar. Whether he leaves by natural wastage at the end of contract (we are due compensation aren't we?) or we sell him ? I don't mind, as I just don't think he is good enough. I suspect that deep down he thinks this as well as he is way down the pecking order as a striker; as such, turning down our offer could be construed as doing us a favour... good lad, Victor!

Paul Loins
7   Posted 15/12/2010 at 22:49:41

I think the real truth lies somewhere in the middle, Jimmy from Stoke Manderville.....

Maybe it's your age but you seem to have forgotten that this is the same player who in the past would rather have gone to Hull on loan than play against Liverpool in an FA Cup game!

Well said John 4#..... another player holding a football club to ransom. Hang your head in shame, Jimmy.....we can fix it for you!!!

James Stewart
8   Posted 15/12/2010 at 23:01:18

Who cares? He's about as much use as a third elbow!
Jimmy Hacking
9   Posted 15/12/2010 at 23:14:47

Greedy waste of space ? I wouldn't offer him a penny, I would "advise" him to sod off. How's that for an apology?
Rob Wilkinson
10   Posted 15/12/2010 at 23:56:34

When I see a player drive around in numerous luxury motor vehicles, ie Bentley and Porsche, after doing sweet FA for the club I can be rightly fucked off when I hear he is rejecting a new contract.

It may not be true but if he was really bothered he would have got into the club on Monday morning and said, "Right, let's get this sorted."

These players ? Anichebe, Pienaar, and previously Gosling ? are treating our club like mugs; we look like a two-bob mob and this does nothing to inspire confidence in the other players or raise morale, as we've seen. Stick a new contract in front of them tomorrow with what we deem to be fair and say, "Sign it or get the fuck out of the club". This is the only way to save our season.
Jay Harris
11   Posted 16/12/2010 at 01:39:41

Apparently or allegedly he is already on £17,000 a week. Yes, that's right ? £17,000 a week for sitting on the bench or the treatment table.

His new contract offer was apparently or allegedly £20,000 a week, rising to £30,000 based on appearances (and I hope they don't mean on the bench).

No wonder football's in a mess. Poor old Dixie would vomit in his grave.
Christine Foster
12   Posted 16/12/2010 at 05:51:13

No apology here.. its obviously the games agents play.. and if Vic doesn't like what his agent is doing all he has to do is change it.

I tend to agree with you Rob.. here's the contract, take it or leave... everywhere else in this world it happens that way so why should players be any different?

I can't see us selling a few hundred thousand shirts with his name on if he signs... can you?

It's not so long ago we had players who wanted to play for us, now it's just the money.
Shaun Brennan
13   Posted 16/12/2010 at 07:31:30

How about "Sorry for booing... but I still think you're a stroppy moody prick?" Nope ? that doesn't work...
Alec Laurie
14   Posted 16/12/2010 at 07:40:47

If keeping, or attempting to keep Victor Anichebe is this big a saga, then we're in far worse shape than I thought.
Paul Gladwell
15   Posted 16/12/2010 at 08:26:19

What should we apologise for? The manager and others have come out and questioned his desire and attitude before and it is common knowledge a lad who earns thousands when hardly kicking a ball for our beloved club just cannot be arsed and that for me stinks, he doesn`t deserve £10k nevermind whatever he has asked his advisers to haggle for.
Andy Mack
16   Posted 16/12/2010 at 09:01:09

What's the average Prem wage these days, about £20 grand/wk? Outrageous yes, but Vic seems to have been offered an average wage ? his "advisors" are going to ask for more, especially seeing we as a club must be rolling in money having their manager one of the highest paid outside the top 3, having Saha on double plus that and letting players like Gosling (valued at @ £3M) out on a free and seem to be doing the same with Pienaar. No wonder they are trying it on.

We've now got seven first team strikers (not counting Cahill)... Surely there must be a front two pairing of Premier League quality amongst them? Did I say front two... ah, there's the problem.

Time for a striker clearout.
Tony Waring
17   Posted 16/12/2010 at 09:15:04

I don't think you should ever boo one of your own players. It's hardly encouragement is it?

On the other hand, I do wonder why nothing can apparently be done about so-called agents or advisors. These are the cancers that bedevil football but why does nobody stand up to them? ? With the possible exception of Fergie, who seemingly takes no backchat from any player.

Neil Vaughan
18   Posted 16/12/2010 at 09:28:01

Lazy useless oaf... not worth £20k a year never mind £30k a week. Shit upfront and even worse at right mid... the U12' I coach have a better first touch. He should think himself lucky he plays for a club like Everton; if he isn't, let him fuck off to Hull or wherever else he thinks will look after him better.
Helikaon Bow
19   Posted 16/12/2010 at 10:38:40

The lad is useless? he cannot score, he cannot pass and has no skill!

He should not be on £17k for a start so anymore than that and he taking the club for a ride.

Lastly, his dirty agent is in there trying to get a cut! Scummers, the lot of them!
Chris Keightley
20   Posted 16/12/2010 at 11:05:20

Piss poor player carthorse comes to mind... £17k some people i work with don't get that in a year but still scrape the money to go and watch him ..... fuck off I say.

I will be getting a season ticket for Rochdale next year (I was born there)... Okay quality not the same but penny for penny they wear that shirt with pride and in Keith Hill have a fantastic manager who tries to have them play attacking football, unlike the ginger defence-minded knob at Everton who would make Messi look shite if he ever managed him.

If Big Sam can lose his job then Moyes should have Monday's game, the Birmingham and Scunny games to save his job .... If Kenwright still is blind to our position then Moyes should walk!!

Andy Callan
21   Posted 16/12/2010 at 12:59:48

I never booed him, just he is shite otherwise he'd be gettin' a game / someone would have bought him by now.

It doesn't matter if he leaves or stays as he offers nothing at all...
Tony J Williams
22   Posted 16/12/2010 at 13:12:02

Get him off the wage list. No loss.
Phil Bellis
23   Posted 16/12/2010 at 14:04:37

You've pricked my conscience now Jimmy so I admit I did hiss Rod Belfitt in a game where he "tried" to score but kicked himself in the calf.

Mind you, I wasn't alone ? Alan Whittle and Roger Kenyon started the booing.
Anthony Hughes
24   Posted 16/12/2010 at 15:39:13

Agree with Tony J, he contributes nothing. One less wage which we could do without.
Eugene Ruane
25   Posted 16/12/2010 at 18:04:50

Phil, a mate of mine from Halewood loathed Billy Wright (our 'defender' Billy Wright - the one who looked like Kim Jong Il's son).

When Wright was dropped for being 'overweight' my mate sent (to 'Billy Wright - Goodison Park') a three layered Chocolate Sponge cake.

Also (1982/83..ish) in the Hermitage, I (a really shit fighter) had to be physically restrained by pals from attempting to smack one of the dropped/injured Everton players who came in for a pint BEFORE the game.

(I can remember Richardson and Bails..um maybe Higgins....all so long ago)

Anyway, we were going through a horrible spell and seeing these fellers in their trackies, laughing, joking and drinking was more than (my) flesh and blood could stand.

I was not successful (basically told "behave yer fuckin' self') but did manage to loudly inform them they were "a fucking disgrace to the shirt" (or...some such)

They tried to laugh it (me) off, but when a few others in there, MUCH scarier and older (than a 5' 7", 23 year old tub-of-guts) told them more or less the same, they started to look a little concerned.

When they left, I noticed all their pints weren't completely finished which I considered a victory

I'm afraid I was very....VERY....drunk.
Drew O'Neall
26   Posted 16/12/2010 at 18:32:31

We have to cut our cloth at Everton.. When you consider Victor Anichebe might play 20 mins a week for the rest of the season we would be much better off selling him for a couple of mil, using a prospect as a bench warmer on £500 a week, and putting the saved wages towards genuine quality players like Pienaar.

Just because game changers are worth £70k per week, it doesn't mean everyone in the same team is worth a proportionate value.. Not to Everton anyway.

At Everton I think we can pay 11-14 players 1st team Premier League wages and the rest will have to be youngsters who will either be rewarded with one of the 1st team player's contracts or will be sold as a prospect for £1-2mil.
Marcus Kendall
27   Posted 16/12/2010 at 23:17:50

I must be one of the minority but I rate Anichebe

inhuries have hampered him but before Nolans 'tackle' he was starting to look like the rampaging direct powerful runner his cameos in the UEFA Cup suggested he could be.

he should be kept in my opinion as I feel theres a player in there somewhere
Drew O'Neall
28   Posted 17/12/2010 at 00:12:18

Marcus, I wouldn't disagree but let's pay that player when we see him.
Robert Daniels
29   Posted 17/12/2010 at 10:27:54

Well said, Marcus.
Frank Key
30   Posted 18/12/2010 at 19:56:25

'I want the fans to know I would never disrespect the club in any way or disrespect the fans.'

Well, Victor, you have succeeded on both counts by letting your agent make you look like a money grabbing, self-important, selfish twat.

Seeing as you still have it all to prove to us fans, why not tell your agent to fuck off, sign your contract and put a few in the onion bag?

Maybe then us fans may understand you wanting to renegotiate some more dough for yourself!