Shit street

Lets get the accusatations of being a whinger and whiner out the way first. I have been what some people might call an Everton fanatic throughout my life ? I LOVE EVERTON. I have watched Everton when we had shit teams in the seventies. I was there every week and the pain was awful, to say the least.

Then we had the yo-yo 90s under Big Joe and the Dogs of War. They were not the most skillful players in the world, but I will tell you what!! ? They played for the shirt and us, the people.

Watching Everton now is like going up to a stranger and just giving him £38 every home game. It's become that bad now (and I never left before the end of a game), I can't wait to get away from my spiritual home now.

Some of the players who are at Goodison now... it's quite obvious by the body language they don't give a fuck about morals and shirts and supporters ? it's all about wages. I've said this over and over again, as have many Toffees in the past.

What we have is an owner who has not put ? and is not willing to put ? a penny of his own cash on the line for the club. He goes on TV whenever we get anywhere near Wembley and the chance of TV publicity to proclaim his love for EFC. The man, I believe, acquired us for £30 million, and stated on the record, "I've put the club up for sale."

Then, when an EFC shareholder asked the question, "Hey, Bill ? How much do you want for EFC?" Kenwright leaned back in his chair and said, "I'm boried by your question. Next question, please."

We are in Big Shit, because Kenwright's backers who helped him to buy the club are fed up, which could force the issue. The sooner Kenwright and our negative manager Moyes go, the better.

Even when they're shite Over the Park ? we become so much worse. And this is with the so-called "Best Squad he's Ever Worked With"! Please, Kenwright and your £5 milion a year lap dog... Leave!
David Moorcroft, Walton     Posted 16/12/2010 at 21:25:32

Comments

Roy Coyne
1   Posted 17/12/2010 at 06:02:21

Dave, I'm with you all the way over Kenwright, the sooner he goes the better... but we both know it's not going to happen anytime soon.

As for Moyes, I am not his greatest fan as I am convinced he has no Plan B, he makes the same tactical changes almost every week; however, in his defence, it's not his fault Bill will not spend. With this in mind, who worthy of the post would take it? I doubt we could improve on Moyes.

Howard Don
2   Posted 17/12/2010 at 07:41:01

Lap dog!!!! Seriously, Moyes a lap dog??? Whatever else you may throw at the guy, a more unlikely candidate than David Moyes to be anyone's lapdog would be very hard to find. A certain Mr Mancini was hurrying across to Moyes last year with the obvious intention of sorting him out and was stopped in his tracks by one icy stare. Not the kind of thing lapdogs are remotely capable of I'd say.

Instead of laddog, try decent, loyal guy who's worked his ass off for best part of a decade now. And yes, even his worst critics here admit this is a very good group of players, the best we've had in years. Stating the obvious, what's been missing all season is an in form top striker. One of those and we'd easily be in the top six and the type of result we saw on Saturday would be an abberration of the type all teams get every so often. Instead we've got a team who HAVE played some good stuff this year that has deserved better, (basic, stupid mistakes have cost us dear) but is now losing confidence and becoming more tense with every passing home game. You can feel the tension in the crowd and see it in the players and only a few wins are going to resolve that.

Certainly criticism could be levelled at Moyes for underestimating the striker problem at the start of the season, but when you're working on a budget like he has you have to gamble somewhere and hindsight is dead easy. Yes we should have offloaded the Yak and Saha, if the money supposedly on offer was anywhere near the truth, and bought someone decent. But was the £8million for Saha from Turkey serious, likewise £6million for Yak from West Ham??? I have my doubts on that, I really do.
Helikaon Bow
3   Posted 17/12/2010 at 10:00:29

Spot on, Howard.
Colin Potter
4   Posted 17/12/2010 at 10:08:11

If he's not such a lapdog, Howard, how is it he has never stood up to Kenwright and maybe threatened to leave if he didn't get some sort of a csh investment? Kenwright wouldn't sack him, and he knows it.

He's just happy enough to just to go along with the mess Kenwright has created. It's about time he grew a pair of balls, and tried to do something for this club, who he professes to love so much. He may fail, but he would be so much more respected than he is now. Personally I don't think he has the bottle for it.

If he did try it, and failed and got the sack, he would walk into any job in the Premier League... well, according to the people who think he's Gods gift, he would.

Marc Williams
5   Posted 17/12/2010 at 10:30:11

David Moorcroft - You might be what you describe as a "whinger & whiner" but do you know any WINGERS !

If so please get them to drop in a CV to : Mr D Moyes, Goodison Park, Liverpool, L4 during the month of January.
David Thomas
6   Posted 17/12/2010 at 10:52:55

Colin 5,

Is Alex Ferguson a lap dog to the Glazers in your opinion?

As it is all relative, he has never come out and said he would quit because of the board at Manchester United, yet very similar to the view on this website if you ask a lot of Manchester United fans they want the Glazers out because they have put major debt on the club and not allowed Ferguson to invest heavily in the squad with the Ronaldo money etc. Or as you suggest about Moyes has Ferguson not got the bottle for it?
KPR Williams
7   Posted 17/12/2010 at 11:47:02

We need goals.... full stop.
Anthony Millington
8   Posted 17/12/2010 at 11:56:27

Howard, the best players we've had in years you say. Does that not tell you something? Why have we only won 3 games all season? Either the players aren't as good as you and Moyes make out or Moyes' tactics aren't good enough!

It's probably a mixture of both, but I do know that put any half decent manager in with that squad of players and we'd have more than 18 points from 17 games, that's awful...embarassing! Especially for the best squad we've had in years! It also makes you question that if the players are that good why do we not set out to attack teams more from the off, instead of waiting until the end when it's often too late!
Howard Don
9   Posted 17/12/2010 at 14:33:48

No Antony, that's not quite what I said. What I said was most people here would agree this is the best group of players we've had in years, so not just my opinion. but that's neither here now there I suppose.

But yes, you are right, we can all make valid criticisms on tactics signings, etc etc. But in the final analysis at EFC it's a juggling act and hindsight criticism is the easiest thing in the world.

A for instance might be, if we'd sold Jags to Arsenal for £15 million, used that for a decent striker, scored more goals and leaked more, probably ending up mid-table by now. I'll bet there'd be a flurry of criticism on here saying we hadn't sold Jags we'd be top six, Saha always gets a few, and the Yak was coming back to fitness blah blah etc etc. In Moyes position pre season sitting at my desk thinking the options through, I'd have probably gone down his route. With the possible exception of, if the £8 million really was on offer for Saha, I might have taken it, but I doubt it was ever seriously there. Like I say it's all dead easy in hindsight.
John Ford
10   Posted 17/12/2010 at 15:16:23

Go to the top of the class Howard!

KPR....for a second there I thought you were recommending goats!
Colin Potter
11   Posted 17/12/2010 at 15:32:06

David 6 ? I think if Man Utd started going down hill a bit, like ourselves, and he was told by the Glazers he would have to maybe sell to buy, and if he didn't want to do that, he would have to lump it. I would certainly expect him to say something about the situation. So I wouldn't deem him to be a lapdog. But if he sat idly by and let things around him start falling apart at Man U, so disrespecting the fans, then I would call him a lapdog.

Moyes and Ferguson are like chalk and cheese though, Ferguson has the bottle, he has spoken out about many things, he is still standing by his principles with the BBC. Moyes is quite content to keep schtumm, and just collect the cash at the end of the day; the man hasn't any bottle. I think Moyes and Ferguson are like chalk and cheese.

KPR Williams
12   Posted 17/12/2010 at 16:18:49

John...

Feed the goats and they will score...
John Daley
13   Posted 17/12/2010 at 17:11:21

Howard Don (#9) ? "With the possible exception of, if the £8 million really was on offer for Saha, I might have taken it, but I doubt it was ever seriously there. Like I say it's all dead easy in hindsight."

It was David Moyes himself who confirmed that he turned down an £8m offer for Saha in the 2009 transfer window.

From the OS:

"Louis is someone we had a big bid for," said Moyes.

"But he didn't want to go and we didn't want to sell.

"It's great news Louis wants to stay."
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
14   Posted 17/12/2010 at 17:29:36

Some points of order, Mr Moorcroft:

The effective valuation of Everton Football Club when Bill Kenwright's True Blue Holdings (now defunct) took over from Agent Johnson was £20M ? not £30M.

Bill Kenwright did not pay £20M (nevermind £30M!) for Everton. Through TBH, around one-third of the shares in Everton ended up in Kenwright's name. He may have paid the ~£7M for them; he may not.

"...not willing to put ? a penny of his own cash on the line for the club." He almost certainly has had very little extra money to put directly into the club subsequently ? and why would he? It's not something a true investor would necessarily do, but this doesn't stop fans from demanding that he should've done...

The claim that he re-mortgaged his home has become the stuff of legend. But It seems very unlikely he used his own money, citing the unspecified "help" he received from Sir Phillip Green, and the great but unspecified "debt" we as fans now owe this "friend" of Everton FC. (Why?)

Finally, David Moyes is thought to be on £65k/week, or £3.4M/year ? not £5M.
Howard Don
15   Posted 17/12/2010 at 19:03:54

Don't get your point John (13)

"Louis is someone we had a big bid for," said Moyes.

How does that equate to any sort of proof that the bid was £8 million?