Members:   Log In Sign Up

The Bendtner connection

Funny there should be a rumour about his possible loan to The Blues in January. I have been quite impressed with his style of play and cannot see how Wenger rates him behind Chamakh except that he cost a lot less.

Chamakh has not shown much for the Gunners since coming and I believe this loan could work out great for Everton. He is big and strong and quite mobile for his size. We have nothing to lose given the plight of the current strike force we have.
Tom Bowers, Canada     Posted 17/12/2010 at 21:13:33

Comments

Matthew Lovekin
1   Posted 18/12/2010 at 07:14:02

Have you seen Bendter play? I'm sorry but he is pure shit! He has scored a few goals but had countless chances in a creative Arsenal side. He is a striker that needs 7 or 8 chances to score one goal.

How did Chamakh cost less than Bendtner? Chamakh arrived on a free transfer.

I have a number of Arsenal friends, all of whom say Bendtner is pure crap and don't want him in their side.

I'd say Bendtner is no better than Beckford and I would like us to go for Adebayor on loan.
Tony Cheek
2   Posted 18/12/2010 at 08:12:12

Would welcome Bendtner... Believe he would do a good job for us. As for Steven Ireland, now that is a joke, and would be a "well, we are skint and it is the best we can do" buy. Forget him. Bendtner and Donovan in I say!!!
Kristian Boyce
3   Posted 18/12/2010 at 09:15:35

The only reason he'd come is that we are the only club that wears a kit that matches his pink boots.
Ian McDowell
4   Posted 18/12/2010 at 09:38:07

I think it would be great if we could get Bendtner and Donovan on loan.

Bendnter always strikes me as one of those players who needs a good run in the side and then you will see the best of him.

Norman Merrill
5   Posted 18/12/2010 at 09:44:07

Matthew, comment 1: And what do your Arsenal friends tell you about Adebayor?

He would just sulk here as he has at City.
Ray Roche
6   Posted 18/12/2010 at 09:48:41

We couldn't afford Adebayor's laundry bill let alone his wages. Who makes up this shite?
Ian Kearney
7   Posted 18/12/2010 at 10:07:51

Are you serious, Chamakh looks twice the player, at least he actually tries to win the ball in the air, works hard for the team and scores goals.

Bendtner has some talent and if he's available on loan I'd take him, hell at the moment I 'd ask Andy Gray how his knee is, but given a choice between Bendtner and Chamakh and its Chamakh every time.
Mike Allison
8   Posted 18/12/2010 at 10:37:09

Bendtner's the worst of all possible worlds, he's not very good but he thinks he's amazing. I wouldn't let him in the dressing room to clean the boots.
Sam Hoare
9   Posted 18/12/2010 at 10:42:04

To be honest, I'd take him in a shot as we're so desperate for a change upfront. He's big, got a decent touch and Moyes actually might play him ahead of Saha!

Agree he's no world beater and seems to have a way over inflated ego but beggars can;t be choosers....

On another note, I can't think Landon is looking at us thinking... "Hmm, I'd really like to go to a side slipping closer to a relegation battle, unable to buy a goal, and with the fans close to revolt!"
Simon Gilmovitch
10   Posted 18/12/2010 at 11:17:38

Bendtner's shit don't want him anywhere near our team. You can fuck off with your long-ball tactics, Moyes.
Andrew Peacock
11   Posted 18/12/2010 at 11:22:17

Yeah, let's get Bendtner and Adebayor on loan. I've heard they get on quite well.
John Talbot
12   Posted 18/12/2010 at 11:44:25

At least Bendtner has scored this season ? more than Saha has done this year.
Nelaj Behajiha
13   Posted 18/12/2010 at 11:46:22

I don't believe we'll sign anyone knowing Moyes's incompetence.
Matthew Lovekin
14   Posted 18/12/2010 at 12:03:21

How about James Vaughan? I've heard he has banged in a few goals this season.
David Hallwood
15   Posted 18/12/2010 at 12:22:26

A message for our Scandavaian posters; what the Danish for alehouse player?
Mark Pierpoint
16   Posted 18/12/2010 at 13:19:05

This is all ridiculous if you ask me. The chance of us getting any of these players is next to none. Our relationship with Man City is non-existent, and the only way we would get either Adebayor or Santa Cruz is a massive favour from City.

Bendtner is a decent player. I would welcome him but again, our chances are slim. Going to be on good money. The fact that he has never really made it at Arsenal, not well known for strength in depth, also would worry me, whether it be down to lack of ability or character.

I have been thinking about who I would consider to be realistic targets this January and the ones I can come up with are few and far between...
Kunal Desai
17   Posted 18/12/2010 at 13:32:00

We'll get '3' world class signings in the mould of Jacobson, Castillo and Jo.
Ste Boyle
18   Posted 18/12/2010 at 15:37:33

What Moyes will like about Bendtner is that he can play on the right side of midfield. I'm not saying that he wants to, but Wenger has used him there quite a bit. And old Moyesie loves a utility player...

I'd think he'd be a decent signing as long as Moyes doesn't bring him in and sit him on the bench (which he probably will).

Rob Murphy
19   Posted 18/12/2010 at 16:18:00

"Chamakh has not shown much for the Gunners..."

Is that some sorta sick joke??
Ciarán McGlone
20   Posted 18/12/2010 at 16:42:13

Bendtner is a legend in his own mind... A James McFadden. One minute he can be brilliant and the next minute crap.

I really can't believe the author's comments on Chamakh... He's been superb this season.
Gavin Ramejkis
21   Posted 18/12/2010 at 17:41:59

Chamakh is in a different league to Bendtner. Any striker on loan would have to be fucking superb to play the lone striker role ? that quality of player won't be available.
Howard Don
22   Posted 18/12/2010 at 17:44:14

Don't pretend to know too much about Bentner, but what I hear worries me. Listening to a discussion about Arsenal on a national radio show today with one of their ex players, Bentner was mentioned amongst a fair bit of sniggering, and more or less dismissed as a player of any use to them.
David Holroyd
23   Posted 18/12/2010 at 17:45:39

Ray Roche is right; we couldn't afford his wages. Moyes makes a fuck of any forward we get. Yakubu was his only his good idea in his first season.

If Moyes wants loan deals, get Lescott back and play him instead of Jags.

Brian Waring
24   Posted 18/12/2010 at 18:24:33

My neighbour's an Arsenal fan, and said the worst thing about Bendtner is he is a whinging fuck when things aren't going his way.

What I can't understand though, is we have a far better player in the Yak, who for some reason, can't get a sniff of the first 11.
Martin Middleton
25   Posted 18/12/2010 at 20:04:13

I don't know why Moyes is looking to bring another striker in because, while Saha continues to show great form in training, they will never get a look in, unless he is going to play them out of position. Bendter at right back, say...
Gavin Ramejkis
26   Posted 18/12/2010 at 20:07:01

Agree totally, Brian, but is he not being played as he is first in the shop window in January and DM doesn't want to risk an injury?
Brian Waring
27   Posted 18/12/2010 at 20:32:19

The funny thing is, Gavin, while he's sitting on the bench, come January, we will be offered buttons for him. If he starts games, and shows some form, we can command a higher fee for him.
Gavin Ramejkis
28   Posted 18/12/2010 at 21:21:03

I know, you'd be lucky to give Saha away.
Ciarán McGlone
29   Posted 18/12/2010 at 22:00:55

I think people are being too hard on Saha... He hasn't had half the number of sitters that Beckford has... yet people are screaming to have Beckford on the pitch.

There's no doubt that Saha's having a bad spell, but there's no doubt that he's an incredibly talented footballer.
Jay Harris
30   Posted 18/12/2010 at 23:39:03

Ciaran, the reason Saha hasnt missed sitters is that he's either too unfit or unwilling to get his arse in the box.

Beckford and Cahill at least attempt to get on the end of things.

I think 12 months without a goal speaks for itself.
Michael Kenrick
31   Posted 19/12/2010 at 01:31:58

Cairan ? Saha having a bad spell...? Or over the hill and far away???

There's no doubt that he WAS an incredibly talented footballer... there's decreasing evidence to suggest that he still is... especially when it comes to Job One: scoring goals.

Whereas that Beckford bloke you dislike so much, who looks exactly like what he is ? a seriously out-of-place Div 3 striker ? has poor touch, oddly naieve technique, wasted a shit load of good chances... but also taken two of them pretty damn well. Remind us: when is the last time King Louis did that?

Ciarán McGlone
32   Posted 19/12/2010 at 12:53:55

The fact that Beckford has put two away hardly has any relevance on Saha's problems.

Saha might be finished, as you suggest - but in my opinion such a conclusion is a little premature.
Jon Cox
33   Posted 19/12/2010 at 14:17:56

We are nearly halfway through the season. For goals scored, I'm not sure premature is the right word.

After four games, I might have agreed. It's a simple fact that although seasons past Saha was a world beater, now I doubt if he'd even qualify as an egg beater.
Ciarán McGlone
34   Posted 19/12/2010 at 15:01:25

I didn't say it was premature to state that his preformances have been out of sorts... I said it was premature to state that he's finished.

He hasn't played for the entire season either... by my reckoning he's started 6 games.

Nought for 6 is a pretty dire return... but it hardly means his talent has disappeared.
Michael Kenrick
35   Posted 19/12/2010 at 15:30:02

Cairan,
"The fact that Beckford has put two away, hardly has any relevance on Saha's problems."
in #29 you draw a comparison between Beckford and Saha re scoring goals... or the lack thereof. We're discussing the strikers at Everton and their current inability to score... So what sort of a dumbass comment is that!!?

Is it any wonder people get frustrated when trying to put you straight in discussion?

You've made it abundantly clear you think Beckford is shit. I think he is very poor too, but the fact remains that he has scored two league goals this season, and neither would be classed as sitters.

Saha? Zero.
Kieran Fitzgerald
36   Posted 19/12/2010 at 15:33:13

In relation to Beckford, I think if he was given a proper run over each of a ten game period, he would score goals. The biggest thing that a striker can do when he isn't scoring goals, is to keep working hard and to keeping putting himself into the right positions. Once he is doing that, he get's one or two to boost his confidence and then it becomes a more regular occurence.

Right now, having the right approach and attitude is something that Beckford has in spades. At 26, he may not develop huge sets of new skills but he has gotten loads of experience, even if it is at a lower-league level. For this alone it is worth giving him an extended run to see what will happen. And also, none of our other strikers are doing much.
Charlie Percival
37   Posted 19/12/2010 at 22:05:10

I take Ciaran's comments with a pinch of salt. Too many consistent contradictions, or should I say inconsistencies.

Ben Jones
38   Posted 19/12/2010 at 22:34:41

Oh god, it seems so logical.

Arsenal ? promising young player who can't get any first team action.

Everton - Premier League team who needs a striker more than a crack addict needs crack!

Just take him!!! And I'd take Santa Cruz and Adebayor in a heartbeat too! All good players who would do well in our system
Tom Bowers
39   Posted 19/12/2010 at 23:02:28

It is blatantly obvious that David Moyes does not really know what to do with the Everton squad, particularly the strikers. He favours Cahill which we all do but he favours Saha also who has not done much at all this season. The others, Beckford, Yaks, Anichebe and Vaughan seem to be rated not worthy of any extended run and so cannot prove themselves although Yak has done over the years with several clubs. It seems therefore prudent in my view to let these players go and get players who Moyes will play regularly.

Naturally Everton and every other club is being linked to many players as the transfer window looms but most of the rumours are pure bunk. Donovan would be a nice acquisition again for midfield but I think that would have at least been agreed in principal by now if he were coming. There are many out-of-favour strikers to be had, especially on loan, if Everton can afford the wages... so letting some existing strikers move may free up some payroll.

Also I do hope the Stephen Ireland rumour is just that. We may as well play Osman as sign Ireland.

Col Noon
40   Posted 20/12/2010 at 01:22:04

Bendtner is probably not the answer to the current goal scoring problems that have cursed Everton this season but he absolutley cannot be any worse than our current crop of strikers. He is average at best who cannot get a game at a top club ? this IS the market we are in, and even a permanent deal for a player of this (sub)standard would most likely not happen due to the asking price, wages, other clubs taking him away (you know the usual depressing factors that cripple us as a club).

So... IF the rumours are true and he is a loan signing with even a tiny degree of success ? don't expect anything more to come of it ? we are Everton remember?

2-0 down to City tomorrow ? Beckford replacing Saha (70 mins), Bily having performed another disappearing act is replaced by Vic/Yak (75 mins) ? CANT BLOODY WAIT!!

James Stewart
41   Posted 20/12/2010 at 02:15:36

Saha is one of the best players Moyes has had. However, I have to agree with dropping him. He looks barely a shadow of his former self and quite frankly has been a liability lately. It's Moyes's blind faith in certain players which frustrates so much. On form, Yakubu should have been given a longer run instead of being dropped.

I don't agree on Micheal's or Ciaran's view of Beckford. I think I remember posting somewhere over the summer that he will be our top scoring striker given time. He is a useful player to have on a free purely for his pace which we have zero of. Limited player, yes... but then so were Bent and Johnson and we used them to good effect.

Jason Lam
42   Posted 20/12/2010 at 03:43:29

Another January and another new low for my beloved club. Fans whoring themselves for bench players at rival clubs. Any crumbs for the poor please? Fucking hell... we should drill our own players first and only hire loans for the bench if only. Fucking hell, 'tis the season eh? It's fucking shit being a piss-poor club. Sell Big Vic for a few shillings though.
James Brand
43   Posted 21/12/2010 at 06:13:09

City of Manchester stadium... Anyone else think we should ground share with this lot???
Helikaon Bow
44   Posted 23/12/2010 at 10:07:08

Our striking situation can hardly get any worse can it?

Let's take him on loan and see what happens.