Merry Christmas

I would just like to thank Michael, Lyndon and all other mods for keeping the best Everton site going for another full year.

Also a very Merry Christmas to all ToffeeWebbers.

Cheers one and all.
Dave Lynch, Merseyside     Posted 22/12/2010 at 16:33:44

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
1   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:08:08

Thanks, Dave, and back at ya!

We wouldn't be what we are today without the contribution of fans like you. Thinking about having a break on Christmas Day, closing down the comments, so we can all do other stuff ? for one day of the year!

(Disclosure: The wife's getting an iPad and I wanna play with it!)

Merry Christmas to One and All!
Dave Charles
2   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:13:00

I go along with all that.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Come on you Blues.
Julian Wait
3   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:15:11

Here, here!! Living in the US, this site keeps me connected to my team, its fans and to some degree to the homeland in general.

Will be back in the UK on Boxing Day and look forward to driving up from Poole for Everton vs. Spurs on January 5th (brrr!!!). Will be my first game since 2004 ... I never thought I would see another game at Goodison, but here goes ... and of course game will be followed by a few pints and a curry with my brother and some mates, celebrating our climb up the table :-)

Merry Christmas and Big Thanks to Michael, Lyndon and everyone who contributes.
Brian Waring
4   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:24:03

Ditto here lads. Michael, you can't take christmas day off, what am I going to do, when the mother - in law comes round?
Andy Morden
5   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:38:11

Jon Cox
6   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:42:10

Yep all the best Michael, Lyndon and all Toffee people.

Spending Xmas with the ex wife and ex mother and Father inlaws !!!

Funny old world.
Stephen Kenny
7   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:49:28

Merry Xmas all, Comisserations Jon
Joey Brown
8   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:49:44

Hear hear! Thanks to the editors and supporters for always making a good read
Kristian Boyce
9   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:50:45

"Universal agreement in a Toffeeweb mailbag article! It's a miracle! Merry christmas folks!"

It must be Hibbert, Osman and Moyes fault for that.
David Price
10   Posted 22/12/2010 at 19:49:33

Thanks lads for the hard work you put in for our benefit.
I know we don't all agree all the time but we are Evertonians who stick together and we want the same thing.
Happy Christmas and Up the Blues.
Trevor Lynes
11   Posted 22/12/2010 at 20:05:13

God Bless us everyone !! BK (Scrooge) will no doubt say Bah Humbug !!!!
Col Noon
12   Posted 22/12/2010 at 20:33:49

All the best lads - have a god one whatever you are all doing.

Cheers all the TW staff one and all. keep doing a great job.
Tony McNulty
13   Posted 22/12/2010 at 20:40:54

Well done lads ? you do a great job and life would be less interesting without the creative tension between the fans on ToffeeWeb. It is always a source to be consulted even if the mind boggles sometimes at some of the content on here. It's also a great laugh by the way. Greetings from Northwood (the Middlesex one, not the one near Destination K).
Michael Upton
14   Posted 22/12/2010 at 20:48:20

Can only echo the above.

Here's to a great Christmas everyone and to a Happy and united Blue New Year!
Guy Hastings
15   Posted 22/12/2010 at 20:48:05

''God bless us, everyone,' said Tiny Tim.
'And God bless you, Tiny Tim,' said ToffeeWeb.
Kunal Desai
16   Posted 22/12/2010 at 20:57:32

To the ToffeeWeb team, contributors and Evertonians throughout the world, Merry Xmas to all.
Peter Bourke
17   Posted 22/12/2010 at 21:32:39

Here here Dave, Merry Christmas to all at Toffeeweb Towers and best wishes to all Evertonians around the world.
I still haven't given up on this season and if my Christmas wish comes true, 2011 will be nothing but BLUE.
Luke Berry
18   Posted 22/12/2010 at 21:30:19

God this is making me blub. The Everton fraternity all singing from the same Hymn sheet.
Merry Christmas fellow blues, wherever you are in this wonderful world.
And a massive thanks to the Toffeeweb team. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
COYB'S
John Daley
19   Posted 22/12/2010 at 21:07:36

Hang on a minute.

What is it with all this Christmas cheer and festive spirit shite? I'm sick of this freezing cold weather, cockeyed carol singers wailing like they're trapped down a well, and that annoying Toys'R'Us ad that's been on every year for the last fucking twenty years.

Every year I hope for some decent pressies and instead get fobbed off with socks and slippers. No way am I accepting such low quality gifts. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum and all that.

I blame that Santa Claus cunt. He's taken Christmas as far as he can. His tactics are the same every Christmas Eve. Captain Birdseye beard, big sack, red romper suit, flying reindeer, shitty sled, arse wedging chimney crawl. It's boring safety first shite. If he starts with Rudolph again this year and a lone elf up front then he's got to go.
John Daley
20   Posted 22/12/2010 at 21:39:21

Oh yeah. All the best by the way!
John Audsley
21   Posted 22/12/2010 at 21:51:18

Hi All

Totally agree with all the comments

The forum on match day makes it an even better site. Xmas day will be the only day in the year im not on ere!!!

4 Blues in Leeds wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a crackin New Year
Tom Collie
22   Posted 22/12/2010 at 22:15:46

Can I just add a paltry 'me too'. Thanks for the best Everton site by a long chalk. The work you guys put in is phenomenal and very much appreciated.
Gerry Quinn
23   Posted 22/12/2010 at 22:19:22

Well said lads - to all the TW gang, thanks for the smiling Moysie picture. Festive greetings to all from li' ole Houston in Texas.
And the news gets better by the day since the Man City win......Bainsey, on the Bayern Munich/Manure crap............quote 'I tied myself to the club in the summer and I have no intentions of leaving the club, I am not looking elsewhere,' said Baines.

'I am completely focused on what I am doing here and have only just committed myself to the club. I am just concentrating on playing for Everton.'

Christmas feels as though it is getting better already

Ian Smitham
24   Posted 22/12/2010 at 22:08:25

The formation is all wrong-can we try
Gin
Whisky Rum Brandy Pernod Vodka Whiskey Bourbon
Ouzo Babycham Tia Maria

Subs;
Stella
Guiness
Becks
Grolsch
Bud

Not available/selected
Tablets Water Tea

Bit lightweight up front, strong middle an international flavour, plenty of experience and all with a bit of bite on a cold night at Goodison.

Football manager-it must be easy!

Great site, the only one i frequent (that i can declare on a family site)

Well done to all who are involved and i am sure we all appreciate your time and ongoing committment.

Cheers
Lee Courtliff
25   Posted 22/12/2010 at 22:21:30

Thanks very much to everyone involved in ToffeeWeb. Not many Blues where I live so I have to come on here just so I can talk about Everton with someone. Merry Christmas everyone. COYB.
Ian Smitham
26   Posted 22/12/2010 at 22:24:48

And before you all start moaning, it was set out as GK then 4-3-3. !!
Jay Harris
27   Posted 22/12/2010 at 22:17:42

I wondered when this thread would start.

Hopefully it will be the biggest thread of the year.

Anyway all the best to one and all especially Michael,Lyndon and all the team that make Toffeeweb so great.

have a good one , stay safe and lets go for 9 points.
Paul Brierley
28   Posted 22/12/2010 at 22:33:49

Merry Christmas to you all and very Special thanks to Michael & Lyndon for inducing me to log on five or more times a day!! COYB!!
Mike Prendergast
29   Posted 22/12/2010 at 23:13:34

Merry Christmas to all at ToffeeWeb.

To all the Bluenoses everywhere, I wish you all a very Merry Xmas and a prosperous New Year.

Keith Edmunds
30   Posted 22/12/2010 at 23:11:05

Merry Christmas to all Toffees from Downunder. Not sure about having Xmas day off though. Michael, I hadn't realised you had to do anything to make the comments appear! Now I'm even more grateful for this great site.
Ray Roche
31   Posted 22/12/2010 at 23:20:57

Merry Christmas to all at ToffeeWeb and Blueboys everywhere, even Scrooge (Tony Marsh). Humbug!
Christopher McCullough
32   Posted 22/12/2010 at 23:24:18

Wish all Evertonians a happy, peaceful Christmas.

Thanks for the hard work that must go in to this site.
John Shaw
33   Posted 23/12/2010 at 00:29:09

Fully agree with all the comments here.

All the best to all for Christmas and the New Year, especially Michael, Lyndon and the team.

Here's to a better second half of the season.
Lyndon Lloyd
Editorial Team
34   Posted 23/12/2010 at 01:24:14

Merry Christmas one and all and thanks for your support of the site.
Jamie Sweet
35   Posted 23/12/2010 at 01:33:50

Cheers Lyndon, Michael, and all my fellow blues who contiribute to this fantastic site! I hope you all have a very very happy Christmas, mainly as this would probably be linked to us racking up some more points!

I also hope Santa brings us all a striker who can stick the ball in the onion bag!

Cracker joke to finish:

A small girl wrote to Santa "send me a brother"...
Santa wrote back "send me your mother!"
Michael Kenrick
36   Posted 23/12/2010 at 02:42:15

Keith, I have to vet every comment and make sure people are only saying good positive enlightening and inspiring things about our wonderful team, players, manager, chairman, club, fans, etc ... [Hic!]
Gary Sedgwick
37   Posted 23/12/2010 at 02:57:09

Michael K.,

Once you play with the iPad you are doomed...... to creating a fully functioning app for ToffeeWeb!

Happy Christmas all from a balmy 21 C Texas.
Jamie Crowley
38   Posted 23/12/2010 at 05:24:24

Agreed and more of the same. What else would I do with my evenings if I couldn't settle in for some TW reading?

My Christmas starting 11:
Keep - Kenrick
RB - John Daley (btw nearly wet myself @#19 laughed so damn hard)
CBs - Brian Waring & Tony Marsh
LB - Eugene Ruane

RM- Tony J WIlliams
CMs - Lyndon Lloyd & Christine Foster
LM - Nick Enstwistle
CAM- Alan Clark

ST - Dick Fearon

Lotta folks played out of position and I went with the 4-5-1...
Merry Christmas!
Robert Lam
39   Posted 23/12/2010 at 06:10:28

Yes..simply reading this site always make my day.. and Mr Kenrick, it?s Christmas and you rather chose the iPad over your wife. What a shame.
Steve Hili
40   Posted 23/12/2010 at 08:20:38

Merry Xmas to all at ToffeeWeb and Evertonians all over the world!
Keith Edmunds
41   Posted 23/12/2010 at 08:21:35

Are you taking the Michael, Michael!
Steve Cotton
42   Posted 23/12/2010 at 08:26:54

Merry Xmas one and all from Canberra down under. Have a great one everyone and let's start the New Year climbing the table. G'day blues.
Andy McNabb
43   Posted 23/12/2010 at 10:26:30

Hear, Hear!!
Top job, guys.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!
Ben Howard
44   Posted 23/12/2010 at 10:32:21

Merry Christmas to all the Blue family. Big respect to Michael and Lyndon and others for their continued work ? a real labour of love!
KPR Williams
45   Posted 23/12/2010 at 10:45:33

Merry Christmas to all at the EFC complaints department...;o)
Charles King
46   Posted 23/12/2010 at 10:49:07

Merry Xmas Michael, Lyndon and all the troops. As I've said before best site bar none.

Dear Santa, would it be possible to have an interactive button on the TW site that lists the posts I've made comment on (say, over a 5 day period) or takes you directly to them.

My memory being what it is I can't always remember where and what I've said.

Dave Street
47   Posted 23/12/2010 at 11:08:48

Jamie Crowley ? I would have to disagree with one of your selections. Tony Marsh would not be playing up front. He simply has to be the MANAGER, so we can see what he would do differently!
Norman Merrill
48   Posted 23/12/2010 at 11:00:40

Best wishes, To Micheal & Lyndon keep up the good work. And to all Blues home and abroad.

Let's hope that the team, having given us a early Xmas present on Monday night, continue into the New Year.
COYB.
Peter Anthony
49   Posted 23/12/2010 at 11:45:22

Merry Christmas one and all! My metaphorical seasonal cap is respectfully and thankfully doffed to all those at ToffeeWeb Towers providing such a brilliant centre for worldwide toffees be they readers or posters. The articles, columns, features mailbag posts etc are often great and let's hope the blues give us more reasons to be cheerful from here on in. Merry Christmas, HNY and COYB!
Chris Keightley
50   Posted 23/12/2010 at 12:06:09

Merry Christmas to all, may 2011 bring as many points as possible, and a couple of new shiny Porsches on the pitch. COYB.
Kevin Tully
51   Posted 23/12/2010 at 12:23:01

Thanks for many hours skiving and making myself look busy!

Let's climb that table and finish above the RS.

Hundreds of pounds in bets to be settled in May. COYB.
Christine Foster
52   Posted 23/12/2010 at 12:17:48

Its Christmas! Merry Christmas to one and all, thank you to Michael and Lyndon and everyone who posts on this great site.

It's funny, we are all over the world yet our hearts are in Goodison Park... passionate, stubborn, daft as a brush... thats all of us summed up for another year.

Christmas decorations are up, the tree is glowing and so am I, with several glasses of beer and wine, everything is rosy... dam it I can even see how well Moyes has done...

But then I think of BK and need another drink ? badly.

To the players of our great club I would say you have the best supporters in the land, remember that every time you pull on a shirt.

To all our supporters, here, have a drink... its not so bad after a couple is it?

To Michael, Lyndon ? cracking site, nothing as good anywhere else... long may we have the soapbox and yes we step over the line but only because we love our club.

To the regulars who post and argue ? don't stop ? you're great. Each and every one of you.

So... I must find another bottle, look at the Matthew Street webcam again and smile, and make it a Scouse Christmas Down Under... Miss the snow, miss the games, too bloody hot for Christmas. I will switch the air con on as a sign of solidarity with those freezing their butts off in Lime Street...

Pass me another beer... Merry Christmas everyone!!

Damn... stuffing the turkey is going to be fun... Stuffing Birmingham will be better!
Christine Foster
53   Posted 23/12/2010 at 13:01:23

Oh and a special thank you to each and every one of you in what is a very male orientated site (every fan site is!!), you have made me feel at home.

I confess to feeling more than apprehensive when I first posted, I may miss the point sometimes, may not quite get it, and sometimes I feel like the solitary (token) female but you show me no quarter (scary at times) but I always seem to have the last word... sound familar?

Merry Christmas guys... enjoy and keep your families warm and safe no matter where you are.
James Flynn
54   Posted 23/12/2010 at 13:28:33

The only discussion board site I participate in.

Happy Holidays
Liam Reilly
55   Posted 23/12/2010 at 14:07:18

Merry Xmas Toffeewebbers to one and all, including BK, Moyesey, the players and Staff.

Because without them, we wouldn't have anything to moan' .....errr, chat about.

Slainte!
Chris Jones
56   Posted 23/12/2010 at 14:17:24

This site often exasperates me but I just can't stay away. So, can I offer unreserved heartfelt thanks and gratitude for it being here every day when I inevitably pluck up the courage to click on the little icon in my links bar. ;o)

All the very best to the site owners, providers, mederators and regular contributors. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Tony J Williams
57   Posted 23/12/2010 at 15:00:06

Merry Christmas all, here's to a great site and a prosperous New Year.
Steve Higham
58   Posted 23/12/2010 at 15:33:30

A Merry Christmas to each and every Evertonian.

Also a big thank you to Michael and Lyndon in Toffee Towers for producing the best Everton site by a mile.

Steve Higham
59   Posted 23/12/2010 at 15:33:30

A merry Christmas to each and every Evertonian.
David Booth
60   Posted 23/12/2010 at 16:40:34

Great site.

Think positive fellow Evertonians... something good's gonna happen soon.

COYB!

Dave Wilson
61   Posted 23/12/2010 at 16:23:07

Not always tidings of comfort and joy but I dont think I`ve ever logged on without learning something.

Credit where its due, Michael and Lyndon provide the great platform.

Merry Christmas.
Ray Robinson
62   Posted 23/12/2010 at 17:08:03

Merry Christmas to all at Toffeeweb and to Bluenoses everywhere!

Also to BK will doubtlessly be working 24x7 on Christmas Day!
Michael Madden
63   Posted 23/12/2010 at 17:32:54

Like everyone else, I much appreciate all the time & effort it must take to run this site. Thank you.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Michael Kenrick
64   Posted 23/12/2010 at 17:41:44

From another thread, re athletes (of which I am not): "...they conform to a standard somatotype. They are adapted in a way that increases their aerobic and and anaerobic thresholds. They are also in a state of atrophy."

As D Wilson says, you usually learn something ? I think I conform to the wrong somatotype; that might explain my current state of atrophy!
Michael Kidd
65   Posted 23/12/2010 at 17:57:26

Ditto ditto ditto. Special mention as well of Ken Buckley. Keep it up fellas and all the best for a great Christmas and a 2011 spent climbing up the table. (And hope you don't spend Christmas falling off the table.)

Best wishes from a stinking hot South Africa (but gonna be raining on Christmas Day ? boo hoo).
Mike Allison
66   Posted 23/12/2010 at 18:16:17

Merry Christmas everybody and a massive thank you to Michael and all the others involved in organising the site.

Here's to two wins in three days having managed three in four months before Monday.
Gavin Ramejkis
67   Posted 23/12/2010 at 18:24:58

Thanks for a great site and thanks to all bluenoses that contribute wherever you may be.

Here's to three points on Boxing Day.

To sign off I'll steal a line from the late Dave Allen: "Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you."
Robert Daniels
68   Posted 23/12/2010 at 19:52:28

Merry christmas Toffeeweb, and all Toffeewebbers, and a special thanks to Michael and Lyndon, for not putting up my late night drunken rants!

Cheers guys.

Oh and Ebenizer Kenwright, hope you get a new train set for Christmas, then you can let the old one go, please.
Jon Cox
69   Posted 23/12/2010 at 20:02:22

Christine, over the hills and far away,

There is no male or female where Everton is concerned.

Only Blue. Happy Xmas and keep posting.

COYB
Chris Leyland
70   Posted 24/12/2010 at 00:15:51

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, an unfeasible move to Kirkby.
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, two wins at home...
On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, three dodgy strikers...
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
Gavin Ramejkis
71   Posted 24/12/2010 at 00:46:06

Chris, you forgot to add

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, the fat spanish waiter getting bladdered by Inter Milan for thinking he was bigger than the club (only works with the RS that one, Manuel).
Tony J Williams
72   Posted 24/12/2010 at 08:45:04

I like it Gavin but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue though.
Andrew Cunningham
73   Posted 24/12/2010 at 08:55:36

Merry Christmas to all on ToffeeWeb.
Darragh Farrell
74   Posted 24/12/2010 at 10:57:51

Merry Christmas to all Evertonians and thank you to the ToffeeWeb team for providing such a top notch site and forum.

Here's to a successful 2011 on and off the pitch.

Peter Anthony
75   Posted 24/12/2010 at 11:00:19

So valid a message it certainly was worth posting THRICE, well in there Norman lad!
Tony Cheek
76   Posted 24/12/2010 at 13:33:27

Merry Christmas, Michael and Lyndon and to all ToffeeWebbers and Everton fans... from all of us "Norwegian Blues"... COYB!!
Christine Foster
77   Posted 24/12/2010 at 15:02:33

It occured to me that we are all over the world this Christmas, so where are you spending Christmas?

Brisbane here, but my heart is in Scotland Road...

Where is everybody from?
Eddie Maidens
78   Posted 24/12/2010 at 15:09:15

Merry Xmas to all bluenoses all over the world from Holland.

See ya next month for the Blackpool match.
Jon Cox
79   Posted 24/12/2010 at 15:10:56

From Southport (Birkdale) but live in Cornwall and it's bloody freezing brrr!!!
Keith Edmunds
80   Posted 24/12/2010 at 23:07:17

From Netherton Originally, Now Melbourne since 1982.
Christine Foster
81   Posted 25/12/2010 at 06:55:05

Keith, Netherton no less.. used to live in Peterbourgh Drive.... Holy Ghost Annexe, Our lady of Walsingham.. sooooooo long ago!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Danny Broderick
82   Posted 25/12/2010 at 14:57:33

Merry Christmas from St Albans. I'm from Old Swan originally. I'm sipping a pint of Guinness while typing this. The sun is shining outside,and the missus has got the turkey on the go for when I go home in a bit. Suddenly life seems quite good! 3 points tomorrow would be nice! All the best to everyone!