It's a New Year

For better or worse folks its a New Year, I wish you and yours all the best.

Our time will come!

COYB.

Mike Green, High Wycombe     Posted 01/01/2011 at 02:26:46

Comments

Norman Merrill
1   Posted 01/01/2011 at 09:38:40

Let's hope 2011 is written in our great history for all the right reasons.

Best Wishes to the Team and all the fans worldwide.

Kunal Desai
2   Posted 01/01/2011 at 11:25:24

Happy New Year and best wishes to Evertonians throughout the world.
Tony Cheek
3   Posted 01/01/2011 at 11:34:34

Our time came... and went. Happy New Year!!!
Terry Hayes
4   Posted 01/01/2011 at 12:51:10

All the best to you too Mike, and to ToffeeWeb and everyone that makes this such a great site, and to Blues everywhere, Cheers.
Paul Henshaw
5   Posted 01/01/2011 at 12:58:33

Here,here!

Although I doubt we'll get a new David Moyes!

Best wishes to all blues and all the TW team. Onwards and upwards.......
Sega Kana
6   Posted 01/01/2011 at 13:19:51

Happy new year Evertonians. Let's all wish for a terrific 2nd half of the season. Cheers.
Santosh Benjamin
7   Posted 01/01/2011 at 13:48:27

Happy New Year to Michael, Lyndon and the rest of the ToffeeWeb team. May your great work continue. As we start a New Year, I would also like to wish all of you fellow Evertonians a joyful and peace filled 2011.

Its' been a sad first half for all of us Evertonians. We must only get better than what we have been in 2010. COYB

Nick Entwistle
8   Posted 01/01/2011 at 14:01:27

Undefeated till the end of May anyone? We've only lost two in 11 as it is... or something like that anywho!
Andrew McGreavy
9   Posted 01/01/2011 at 14:17:42

Same old, Moyes has dropped one of his "Best Players, I cannot drop him to play a striker" and put in Saha up front, God have mercy on me.
Luke Dunn
10   Posted 01/01/2011 at 16:30:28

This is fucking dross. 2-0 nil down... Moyes needs to go. Enough is enough, this will be a relegation scrap.
Tom Bowers
11   Posted 01/01/2011 at 17:05:58

More poor offence again today and we get nothing. A predictable result and the rest of the season seems to indicate nothing will change. We are even scoring for the opposition. The transfer window is our only hope to improve our results but without inspirational management that will prove to be tough.
Lance Manion
12   Posted 01/01/2011 at 17:12:55

Moyes needs to go, the Everton of today hurt my soul!
Ian McDowell
13   Posted 01/01/2011 at 17:22:45

And it's still the same old shit but I for one won't be funding Kenwright's pension fund anymore; I won't be going again. That was woeful today.
Eugene Ruane
14   Posted 01/01/2011 at 17:11:59

What a depressingly (and incredibly) predictable result.

Personally, I can only see two ways we'll be having a happy new year.

1) DM fucks off.

2) Michael Fox shows up in a DeLorean with the year set to 1985.

("The Flux-capacitor is ring-fenced" says Bill.)
James Stewart
15   Posted 01/01/2011 at 18:22:40

Sadly point #2 is more likely, Eugene.

It will be a miserable 2011 as long as DM is still in charge.
Tom Bowers
16   Posted 01/01/2011 at 23:04:19

Well we are all on the same wavelength. Just a pity it's totally different than Kenright and Moyes. Who's right, those 2 or 30,000 Evertonians?
Sur Jo
17   Posted 02/01/2011 at 15:07:48

Listen folks, it?s not my manager?s fault that we are losing. He found the problem long time ago: it?s our strikers fault. So please leave my manager alone.

Ah Moyes, you are such a genius. Please find below an excerpt of my interview with Sir Alex?s possible successor.

Reporter: So what do we do?

David Moyes: Well, I need to show my strikers that I am frustrated. So I always start the game without them, and end the game with all of them running all over the pitch.

Reporter: What?s the optimum time do you give to misfiring strikers on the pitch?

David Moyes: 10 minutes?. Hmmm?Well, if ever you want to start a game with a striker, you start with your most dire one à la Saha. For the remainder ones, at most 10 minutes? Unless they want to become a midfielder à la Anichebe, then they get 25 minutes.

Reporter: What do you do if a striker scores?

David Moyes: If it?s Yak, then he goes back to the bench. If it?s Beckford it?s a guaranteed start the next time before he gets substituted during the game.

Reporter: What?s wrong with playing 4-4-2 David Moyes?

David Moyes: I always learnt that having one on top is more faithful.

Reporter: What?s Billy?s role?

David Moyes: Warm the bench? Hmmm?Well we?ll make sure he retains his work permit by using him in extra time or additional minutes.

Reporter: How do you restore confidence in your strikers?

David Moyes: By moaning that I need a new striker in the January transfer window but I don?t have the money. Reporter: Arteta?s form has dipped, but he gets a start against West Ham and Stoke?

David Moyes: Did you forget that he?s not a striker! ?That?s why I brought Osman, a midfielder, on and asked Anichebe to play wide when we were losing at Stoke.

Reporter: How do you train strikers?

David Moyes: By turning them rubbish. I?m hoping to do the same to Adebayor. But he may be off the hook as I don?t have the money.

Reporter: Thank you, David Moyes.