Silly season speculations

Ok fellow toffees, silly season is a week old now and there have been some surprising rumours that have fell flat, Blackburn trying to finance a Brazilian for £20 million being the best example.

I read many posts on here from fans claiming to be in the know. You know the type, best friends with Davie Moyes's dog's girlfriend's pool cleaner, etc but as an experiment to see who really has the inside track or who truly knows the situation at the club, let's hear your January transfer predictions for the blues.

I will start it off. I would like to see Robbie Keane brought in, Niko Kranjcar if Pienaar has to go. Or, if not, what about Park at Man Utd? I would also like to see a bid for Stephen Ireland before Villa ruin a decent player.

Going out, I would like to see Anichebe go rather than Vaughan as the latter still scores more goals despite his injuries, Yak can go as long as he is replaced with Keane and I would like to see the Yobo transfer tied up so we get the cash in. I would also like to see some of the youth players loaned out to get some experience.
Lee Jamieson, Liverpool     Posted 07/01/2011 at 09:12:32

Comments

Brian Waring
1   Posted 07/01/2011 at 14:49:12

Lee, looks like Keane is on his way to Brum. Wouldn't mind Ireland, but his wage demands will be too high for us.

A lot of you will take the piss for this one, but I wouldn't mind Sidwell coming in, just to add a bit more to the squad.
Dave Lynch
2   Posted 07/01/2011 at 14:48:28

Ferguson will never sell Park.
He is like his secret weapon. Hmmm, where have i heard that before.
Kean is finished but do agree with Kranjcar.
Ireland has a major problem with his head, anyone remember the granny dying excuse ?
Now i have heard that Riquelme has been spotted at Liverpool airport.
Kunal Desai
3   Posted 07/01/2011 at 14:56:26

Can't see anyone coming in.

Incomings - 0
Outgoings - 0
Fran Mitchell
4   Posted 07/01/2011 at 14:51:23

Robbie Keane? You mean that Liverpool Fan who is quite obviously past it (spent his entire time at Liverpool in Casino's).
Nah.

If we got a forward he needs to have pace. I would go for Vela on loan from Arsenal.

Sell Yakubu and Vaughan for 3/4million.

I would also tell Arsenal they can have Jags for 10m+, tell Heitinga he's the main man and sign Wheater as back-up.

Ireland is a good player, but where does he fit into our team?

Then sign another attacker and another wide midfielder, probably from europe.
Steve Pugh
5   Posted 07/01/2011 at 16:00:39

Fran, I assume that is £3 or 4 million, £750k.

Just a note on Donovan: because of the benefits MLS get fom him playing in the Prem, they might have been prepared to contribute to his wages.

I also hope that people aren't going to get carried away on FM style wishlists and then complain that DM doesn't sign them.
Lewis Morrison
6   Posted 07/01/2011 at 15:37:23

Bentley on loan! A wasted talent who needs a bit of guidance to get his career back on track, we've had a few of them in the past. If it works out hopefully we could sign him and if it doesn't we send him back.
There are rumours that Arsenal are sniffing around Jagielka again and ive got to be honest I'd be tempted by a silly offer if we could get decent cover for Heitinger and Distin, Samba maybe.
Gavin Ramejkis
7   Posted 07/01/2011 at 17:22:14

Keane's mum and dad must have been millionaires; never known a prick have so many "childhood clubs", Brian, I thought Sidwell was ok at Reading but once he moved to Chelski he slid down the toilet, apparently his Mrs is a gobshite Wag wannabe too.

Dale Jennings at Tranmere looks like a prospect if not a little too much like Andy Johnson size wise, but the pace would certainly come in handy. To be honest there's not really any strikers in the EPL catching splinters that excite me that much so I'd look to the Bundesliga or Serie A or La Liga
Trevor Lynes
8   Posted 07/01/2011 at 17:25:00

I do not want Keane he was a failure at Liverpool and cannot get a game at Spurs....he is OK for the SFA but thats all.
Get rid of Heitinger, Bily and Vaughan as they are a drain on our resourses...obviously none are good enough for automatic selection and Johnny 'Dutch' Heitinger is too ugly for a squad picture and costs too much in salary....Bily is better looking but is too shy and quiet for the hurly burly of the premier....Vaughan is as green as grass and a headless chicken in ability.
Keep Jags because he gives 100% for the club and must have ability if Wenger fancies him and so does England.
We need to keep English players at the club to keep up with the league rules and they are the most loyal long term.
having said that..I must praise Pienar for giving his all in every game he plays and I really hope he stay with us as he is a true asset.

If I were DM I would be p....d off having no money to spend and seeing the club allowing contracts to lapse...
Ben Jones
9   Posted 07/01/2011 at 18:00:17

Left back cover, whoever may that be.

Centre back cover, whoever may that be, possibly that Belarusian lad

Winger - Bentley or Sessegnon on loan

Striker - Santa Cruz or Bendter on loan

Out - Yak

That's realisitc enough in my view, and looking at it, not to bad considering we have no money.
Jon Cox
10   Posted 07/01/2011 at 20:03:07

Trev (8) I've had a full 12 hours of work so I cant be bothered to say why your post is about a million billion miles off the mark.

Just to say have you ever seen Star Trek The next generation. You should because most of the players you've mentioned are being lined up for the future.

PS apart from this always enjoy what you have to say.
Jon Cox
11   Posted 07/01/2011 at 20:18:24

Oh, PPS I dont want Keene at our club because of his despicable goal celeb. If he cant do a proper somersault and does.... oh feck cant be bothered just dont want the runt at Goodison end of.
Jon Ferguson
12   Posted 07/01/2011 at 20:39:40

If we could raise some money from selling Yakubu, Peinnar (wouldn't want to sell him but he will go for free in the summer) and Heitinga (although he played awesome by all accounts) then I'd love to see try and nab Jarvis from Wolves and Jennings from Tranmere.

Two young attack minded players. Jarvis has showed he can play at Premiership level and Jennings has the potential to be awesome.
Jimmy Changa
13   Posted 07/01/2011 at 23:38:38

We do not need any more CMs.
Sam Hoare
14   Posted 08/01/2011 at 00:15:00

Agree with Jimmy...no more CMs needed.

The RM problem may well have been sorted by Coleman and id be loathe to see him replaced.

A decent pacy striker would be nice or maybe a LM swap with the outgoing Pienaar.

Expect a deadline day loan and maybe a very cheap youngster and thats it.
Jalil Noor
15   Posted 08/01/2011 at 03:41:20

Seems Bentley have signed for Birmingham on loan as reported by Soccernet.
Kristian Boyce
16   Posted 08/01/2011 at 04:09:07

Saw the best rumour yet so far, Phil Neville to Spurs.
Ryan Rosenberg
17   Posted 08/01/2011 at 08:34:10

I would tell Spurs that Peanuts is theirs, if we get Kranjcar or Crouch.

Sell Bily, Yak and Vaughan we could get around 12, 13 mil all together, then spend it on Landon or a Striker.
Tony Waring
18   Posted 08/01/2011 at 09:18:44

Would'nt sell either Bily or Vaughan. They have not been tried enough - neither has played more than about 10 minutes this season. They should be given a decent run, in Bily's case in his right position, and then let's make a decision at the end of the season.
Martin Faulkner
19   Posted 08/01/2011 at 10:11:32

Erik Huseklepp apparently available for around the 1mil mark
Stephane Sessegnon looks like he may go out on loan.
Matt Jarvis if we we make a half decent sale to fund it.
Vela on loan.
Macheda on loan.
Kranjcar to swap for Pienaar? possibly

No Keane (twat)
No Bentley (brum + a twat)
No Owen (slow crock)
No Ireland (ego, wages, twat)
No Sidwell (fulham + he's an average CM)
None of shitty's rejects (unless they lose the plot & want to loan out a certain A Johnson) I reckon the size of their pay packets would be a problem for us, not to mention their ego's.
Ryan Rosenberg
20   Posted 08/01/2011 at 10:46:53

Tony, the thing is Moyes won't do that. Play him or sell him, I want to see him play in his right position but I can't see it happening soon.
Mike Allison
21   Posted 08/01/2011 at 14:50:11

I used to like this game, its rubbish now. We need a wide man, and to play our strikers into form.

If we were in this position and didn't have Yakubu, we'd be dying to sign him. Well, we've got him, so why not play him?

The one thing I want is a proper right winger, I don't care how well he did the other night, Coleman isn't it, he's an attacking full back doing a job, and sometimes his limitations are plain for all to see. I'd take Bentley all day every day, even though its fairly obvious he's a bit of a twat.

I'd take Krancjar if we did a Pienaar deal, I don't think that would be too bad, although I'd rather sign Pienaar up long term.
Iain Love
22   Posted 08/01/2011 at 22:34:33

There's loads of players at Citeh who would do a job for us on loans deals
Lescott= l/back cover
Santa Cruz= striker
SWP= wings
theres three of the top of my head but i'm sure there's many many many more.
Noel Lynam
23   Posted 09/01/2011 at 16:20:18

Gavin, most kids in Ireland support Celtic plus an English club. Hence having more than one "childhood club". No way would I sign him though.
Paul Gallagher
24   Posted 09/01/2011 at 21:43:08

Won't be surprised if we sell a few players and get no-one in to replace them .
Gavin Ramejkis
25   Posted 09/01/2011 at 23:05:02

Noel, I worked in Scotland for three years and I can confirm if you ever go to "The Wee Rangers Club" near Ibrox you'll find plenty of Irish folk who don't have many childhood clubs or an allegiance to Celtic. I used to go to a lot of games with a Rangers supporter friend, my Celtic colleagues never invited me to their place. I went for the football and the craic not the bigotry and yes I'm RC, they all thought it was hilarious.
Noel Lynam
26   Posted 10/01/2011 at 12:45:40

Gavin, I'm not sure what you living in Scotland has to do with Robbie Keane being born and brought up in Dublin as a Celtic and Liverpool fan. Which, having been born and brought up in Dublin myself, I can tell you is what about 50% of the kids in my class were. And I am the same age as Keane. My point was that it's not that uncommon for Irish kids to be followers of Celtic plus an English club.