Whatcha gonna do about it?

1) No Pienaar on the bench vs Scunthorpe, fair enough if we are going to sell him.

2) Chelsea in the cup, at home, which is as much as you can ask for all things considered. Forget the 24-year rule (goodbye tenner), The Europa League looks to be a bit iffy at best. So it's us for the Cup of last resort.

3) Chelsea in for Pienaar?? ...back up the bus. IF this is true, where does that leave our last chance of glory, even our last chance of a few bob from the cup run?

If we play our best team and attitude a la Spurs we can do them over, onward and upward.

Or... Do we roll over and have our tummy tickled and sod the cup run?

Well BK? DM? Whatcha gonna do about it?

Pass Go, Collect £200 (in old money = 30 pieces of silver) or take a chance???

Derek Thomas, Brisbane     Posted 10/01/2011 at 08:55:21

Comments

Christopher Marston
1   Posted 10/01/2011 at 14:42:52

"Back up the bus and tummy tickling?" I'm not understanding this post.
Brian Waring
2   Posted 10/01/2011 at 15:16:22

There is no reason to park the bus in a one off game, just go for it.

Michael, were you drunk when you edited this post???
Dave Lynch
3   Posted 10/01/2011 at 15:28:11

Quite simple.

Go for everything, from now until the end of season go out and attack every team we play against.

Stuff negativity and let them worry about us.
KPR Williams
4   Posted 10/01/2011 at 15:30:12

is this a conundrum or a conspiracy theory?
Yak not cup-tied
Pienaar not cup-tied..
so sell them both now!!!
this little run we are on is doing nothing for our chances of getting some new faces around the place in this window.
Michael Kenrick
5   Posted 10/01/2011 at 15:33:07

Brian, Derek might have been drunk when he wrote it.

Look at all his posts... maybe he drinks a lot!
Brian Lawlor
6   Posted 10/01/2011 at 15:50:11

"Short version 1; utter and complete bollocks, worst post ever on this site"

Derek Thomas responding to Colin O'Keefe's earlier post.

He then comes up with this little gem.
Dan McKie
7   Posted 10/01/2011 at 15:51:10

I guess Arteta is going too then eh? We were playing lesser opposition in the cup, and didnt play Pienaar because he has practically carried us all season along with Cahill and got a well deserved rest. Why would Moyes give a monkeys if he is cup tied for somebody else? He doesnt want to sell so doesnt need to dangle the smallest carrots to the likes of Spurs and Chelsea.
Dan McKie
8   Posted 10/01/2011 at 15:55:07

Add Baines to Cahill and Pienaar for carrying us, and maybe Distin :)
Brian Lawlor
9   Posted 10/01/2011 at 16:07:59

It's interesing that many Evertonians have this incredible misconception that Pienaar is a creative player. However, he hasn't even had any assists and has only scored one goal. In fact he's hardly scored any goals since he's been here.

Yes, he's a busy little player who works hard but is he replaceable? - yes.
Lee Courtliff
10   Posted 10/01/2011 at 17:33:54

Dan McKie ? What about Seamus?
Dan Parker
11   Posted 10/01/2011 at 18:39:29

Pienaar looks like a better player when he has the fantastic Baines giving him the service. If Moyes could add a Coleman style replacement for the left wing to replace Pienaar, we'd be laughing.
Jamie Tulacz
12   Posted 10/01/2011 at 19:52:33

Didn't Pienaar pick up an injury in the Spurs game?

If as the papers are claiming, both Chelsea and Spurs are in for Pienaar (wouldn't necessarily believe that though!), worth trying to push up the price and sell?
Neil Vaughan
13   Posted 10/01/2011 at 20:05:42

Don't stress yourself, Derek... Against Chelsea, Moyes will revert to his tried, trusted and always failing 4-5-1 and adopt his totally negative 'let's not get beat' strategy instead of actually trying to win the match... and we will. of course. get beaten. How do I know this... because he always does....

Despite the improvement in the last couple of games, I have no faith in Moyes (or his tactics) when we play top opposition ...1 win in 9 yrs v Chelsea isn't it.. and I dont expect things to be any different in this cup tie.

I realise I will probably be in the minority but it's just my opinion... Let's just see if I am wrong... as I would love to be...!!
Dick Fearon
14   Posted 10/01/2011 at 21:41:12

You ask what we gonna do if Pienaar is transferred eh' Derek. The answer is staring you in the face. Step up Leon, the man who many on this site claim to be gods gift to football.

Maybe we could throw in Cahill as a make-weight in Pienaar's move... According to some of our home grown geniuses, Tim has no place in our manager's belated tactical reniassance.

Yanga Vava
15   Posted 11/01/2011 at 03:29:30

I'm dissapointed by the views of many Toffee fans as far as their view of Pienaar is concerned.

1. A lot of you think Pienaar was crap until he came to Merseyside and was "magically" transformed into the player that he is now: well, the fact is while at Ajax Pienaar was regarded as one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe, he was playing in the Cahill area as well as right midfield / right wing and kept a little Dutch player by the name Wesley Sneijder on the bench. He was playing alonside great players like Van de Vaart, De Jong, Ibrahamovic and Heitinga.

Also, one season he was second to Robben for the Player of the Year in the Dutch League... so the player is class. This brings me to: In conclusion, I would like to say stop dissing Pienaar because he is class, the guy hasn't been on top form this season yet, He is being mentioned amongst the players who have carried us through this season, that alone proves the quality of the man. Also the guy is way better than Mikel Arteta, he has repeatedly proven that this season.

Enough said, Pienaar is class.

Neil Vaughan
16   Posted 11/01/2011 at 09:21:29

If Pienaar was so good before he came to Everton why was he languishing in Borussia Dortmund's reserve team when they were a middle of the table also ra

IMO Pienaar is a decent/good player but he IS NOT great. If we could have gotten some one like Bentley, I don't think he would be missed that much.
Yanga Vava
17   Posted 11/01/2011 at 11:56:50

Hahahahaha..... Well, Neil, Pienaar was that good Dortmund bought him to replace the then Arsenal-bound Rosicky, meaning they held him at the same breadth as Rosicky. About not making it at Dortmund, well, in football, a lot of things affect a player's form. And unfortunately Pienaar never lived up to expectation. Also, it's been reported that some of the players there didn't accept him.

But then again, the question you are asking is unfair because one would ask: if Arteta is so good then why didn't he make it at Real Sociedad? I mean flippn Real Sociedad!! And yet people like you Niel think he is a soccer god, my word!! Pienaar again, I repeat, when on song, is class.

KPR Williams
18   Posted 11/01/2011 at 13:21:11

Yanga...are you his agent, hope so.
Yanga Vava
19   Posted 11/01/2011 at 13:40:15

KPR ? I'm not; if I was, he would have long ago signed his contract.
Derek Thomas
20   Posted 12/01/2011 at 03:16:06

Any way seems to be all decided in favour of Spurs.

So the Club won't have to agonise about putting out our strongest team Vs Chelsea, beating them, and going on a season-saving cup run and who knows, maybe going one step further and winning it.

Or taking the money for Pienaar and have him 'diplomatically injured' for the game.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your support, everytime I wear it I will think of you.
Neil Vaughan
21   Posted 12/01/2011 at 13:13:47

Yanga... contrary to your stupid statement, I DO NOT think Arteta is a soccer god but I DO think he is a better all-round player than Pienaar.

I do not think ANY footballer is a god of any description.

As I've said, IMO Pienaar is a decent/good player on his day but he IS NOT a great one and he IS NOT irreplaceable.

For your info, I think players the calibre of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi etc are CLASS and I'm afraid Pienaar is nowhere near their level... FACT!!
Yanga Vava
22   Posted 12/01/2011 at 18:13:44

Neil, I hear you and I apologise for the "god" comment but for you to say my comment is stupid, that's disrespectful.

Anyway, like I said, I understand what you mean and I agree Pienaar did not live up to his potential, otherwise he could have made it to the level guys like Sneijder are in; at best (when on top form), he can be described as a very good player.

Comparing him and Arteta, I would take him over Arteta any day Pienaar can play in a number of positions and he is actually good not decent in all of them; Arteta, on the other hand, flopped at right-wing and is currently struggling at centre-mid (don't even get me started on his sideway passes).

All-in-all, Neil, I never meant any disrespect and was just tired of some fans thinking that Pienaar has been made by Everton; the guy was great at Ajax and won titles with Koeman.