Let's 'ave it!!

This Sunday sees the Blues take on Liverpool at Anfield. We have a chance of doing a league double over them, with the last one coming in the 84-85 season, it is long overdue.

Moyes has never won at Anfield, and I only hope he shows the same attacking intent as we did against Spurs. They will be missing the two biggest cheats in football, Gerrard & Carragher. It is a pity Tim is missing for us, as he loves these games.

Come on Moysie, make Dogleash regret ever coming back to manage this collection of expensive flops. In the words of one of their ex-players, "I will love it if we beat them, love it."

Kevin Tully, Liverpool     Posted 12/01/2011 at 10:48:58

Comments

Sean Smythe
1   Posted 12/01/2011 at 14:25:46

Hoping for a win.
Thinking it'll be a draw.
Shaun Brennan
2   Posted 12/01/2011 at 14:26:37

I'm actually really looking forward to this derby. Past experiences of derbies I've approached them feeling a bit of nerves etc. Let's just hope Blackpool knock the wind out of them tonight!

It certainly would be the perfect tonic to make up for some of the dissapointment of a poor season this far if we do the double over them. We simply must go there with a attacking intent.
Ste Traverse
3   Posted 12/01/2011 at 14:33:05

Hope Moyes doesn't resort to his usual cowardly shithouse tactics as this crowd are there for the taking.

Let's hope the blues can be party poopers on Sunday and destroy King Kenny's big day and show him he's bitten off more than he can chew by taking over the Anfield sinking ship.
Chris Hannon
4   Posted 12/01/2011 at 14:35:50

If Fellaini stays on the pitch and Arteta sees enough of the ball there's only one winner! Baines and Pienaar (if he plays) against the youngster Kelly is a no contest, as is Coleman v Konchesky as we've seen, or even Aureillio! Never been a better chance to beat them at Anfield!
Dave Lynch
5   Posted 12/01/2011 at 14:35:00

Really worried about this one.

Don't know who the ref is but you can see it now. They will whinge, moan and kick everything that moves.

Ref will be piss weak and hand it to them on a plate.

Dalgliesh was a moaning, whinging diving bastard as a player and he will brief his overpaid flops on the art of cheating a result out of the game for sure.

Moyes will have to be strong for this one and go for the jugular from the off. Put them on the back foot and they will fold.

Silence the crowd which will be well up for Dalglish return and we will win it with ease.
Dave Lynch
6   Posted 12/01/2011 at 14:43:28

Know that was a bit of a shizophrenic post.
But my derby day emotions have kicked in.
Steve Guy
7   Posted 12/01/2011 at 14:46:06

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.
Andrew Conroy
8   Posted 12/01/2011 at 14:57:15

If Moyes holds back on this one, opting for caution rather than sticking with the vastly improved line-up and formation of the last couple of games, it will underline all the things I doubt about him.

Surely now he has to realise that we must go for it against Liverpool? In many ways this could be counted as the most important game we've had in awhile. I know that most games this season have seemed like this, but here we are, finding something like the form we showed at the start of 2010, with strikers starting to settle into a groove, and confidence starting to radiate through the team. This is in stark contrast to Liverpool's situation, who will be pinning more on the Daglish effect than on any confidence in the ability or form of their players.

So, more than ever, it seems to be a game about a strong, confident aproach where players and manager trust in each other, with no room for fear- not areas that David Moyes has historically excelled in.
Liam Reilly
9   Posted 12/01/2011 at 15:01:39

We should concentrate on Everton on Sunday and not be caught up in their upheaval.

And just because Dalgliesh has played and managed the RS, doesn't make him an arsehole. I always thought he was a brilliant footballer regardless of who he played for; Celtic, the RS and Scotland and any interviews I've heard from him discussing Everton have never been derogatory.
Stephen Kenny
10   Posted 12/01/2011 at 15:14:09

We have been well better than them for 3-4 years beside one shite performance at Goodison, never really translated into wins though. Hopefully we will just go out and twat them this time. Were more than capable.

I'm going Sunday, I said I'd never set foot in there but the stage is set for us to piss all over them and I'm willing to listen to that sickening shite they sing to see it happen. If Moyes keeps them bollocks he was wearing for the Spurs game then it could be a very good day to be an Evertonian!

COYB!!!!!!
FTRS!!!!!!!
IMWT!!!!!!!! - only for this one though
Kevin Tully
11   Posted 12/01/2011 at 15:26:53

Expect red cards on Sunday. Phil Dowd is ref.
Norman Merrill
12   Posted 12/01/2011 at 15:46:01

I think the last time Dowd refe'd a derby at Anfield, he sent a red shite off... can't remember who? and then evened it up by dismissing Van der Meyde for elbowing late on.

I would love us to take the game to them, but unless Moyes feels the urge, then it will be the usual safety first. But, with our last two results producing 7 goals, maybe we may make history.

KPR Williams
13   Posted 12/01/2011 at 16:09:57

It's become their cup final...
Peter Webster
14   Posted 12/01/2011 at 16:48:01

Excrementa delenda est (The Shite must be destroyed.)
Simon Temme
15   Posted 12/01/2011 at 17:42:19

Peter,

We should be using that as the club's unofficial motto.
Al Reddish
16   Posted 12/01/2011 at 17:55:44

I seem to remember we fucked them over last time. It was the first home game with their new owners. Let's do the same with their new/old manager.
Ste Traverse
17   Posted 12/01/2011 at 18:13:37

I to agree with you Liam # 9. Dalglish has never said anything bad publicly about our club,and was a great player.

When I think of hate figures from across the park,he isn't one that immeidiatly springs to mind.
Jon Cox
18   Posted 12/01/2011 at 19:57:18

Kev (11) Nah, Phil Dowd is one of the better refs in the prem. He even looks like "Rhino"!

Moyes needs to be a little cunning for this one. He needs to instill a no fear attitude balanced with a "dont, if you can, foul the feckers for at least 20 mins and if fouled turn on the woe is me pantomime"

We know they will go all guns blazing and their tackles will be of the x rate variety so Moyes can, if he's got any nous will use this to our advantage.

So we use this and get one even two of their players sent off. So what all's fair in love and war.

AND IT WILL BE A WAR. (or should be)

COYB
Gerry Quinn
19   Posted 12/01/2011 at 22:00:08

If Blackpool can do the double, so can we!
Ellen West
20   Posted 12/01/2011 at 21:57:33

Dalglish = top bloke!

Mike Hughes
21   Posted 12/01/2011 at 22:15:45

Those whining kopites (is there any other kind) are out in force on the Radio Merseyside after-defeat moan-in. It's brilliant. We must destroy them on Sunday.

Message to Everton FC - you've let me down so much over my 44 years (especially in Merseyside derbies). But don't let me down on Sunday. 1 point is not enough. 3 points will do but would love to see us totally humiliate them.

Rub their whinging, precious, faces in it. Twice.
Mike Hughes
22   Posted 12/01/2011 at 22:31:08

Ellen - you a red?

Hope you enjoyed Blackpool. Twice.
Jamie Sweet
23   Posted 12/01/2011 at 23:03:01

I believe that the general consensus of opinion is that against the weaker, bottom of the table teams, we should be playing 4-4-2 and having a go at them.

4-4-2 it is on Sunday then!
Jamie Sweet
24   Posted 12/01/2011 at 23:09:16

Oh, and well done those Tangerines. Softened the shite up nicely ready for a good pasting at the weekend! COYB!!!
Mark Hill
25   Posted 12/01/2011 at 23:29:47

I just think the inept performance they put up tonight, will only benefit them. I think they will be chomping at the bit come Sunday, given there 'new' manager know's just exactly what to do/say in these situations this could work against us....

Maybe i am being pessimistic but... I'd still take a draw right now, though I am desperate for that win, to make it the first double over them since 1985?

Please, please, please, please... make it happen.

Gavin Ramejkis
26   Posted 12/01/2011 at 23:42:24

Shocking defence tonight and as the game progressed Ladyboy looked less and less interested, attack on Sunday, they are there for the taking, come on Moyes now is our time for a double over them and your first at Mordor.
Ernie Baywood
27   Posted 12/01/2011 at 23:40:43

I'm with you Mike (21).

We need a win... and they can call me bitter but I want to humiliate them. Really rub their noses into it. I want Fellaini to boss their bunch of average midfielders, Baines to show Johnson up, Seamus to take the piss out of Aurelio, and the rest to simply swarm all over the remainder of their average players.

COYB!!!
Sharokh McKitterick
28   Posted 13/01/2011 at 00:23:31

To lose this game and undoubtedly finish in the bottom half will make this season only one step up from being relegated.

I have slowly moved from a Moyes supporter over the years to sitting on the fence regarding his position at Everton. This game is pivotal in my support for Moyes as Manager. If he sets his team up in a 4-5-1 formation I will join the growing legion in screaming 'Moyes OUT'.

I do not expect him to change his dour outlook and his defensive tendencies but if he is arrogant and stubborn enough not to chase our first double over them in a quarter of a century with 2 strikers on the pitch at ALL times he no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt.

There's little chance he will ever be sacked barring relegation but I believe even more supporters will lose all faith in the Manager if we leave Anfield without the 3 points.

Jamie Sweet
29   Posted 13/01/2011 at 01:09:27

Mark #25. Fuck taking a draw fella, they're a shambles and I would no way be happy with one point.
Jamie Sweet
30   Posted 13/01/2011 at 02:48:04

I seriously hope Moyes doesn't take the "I'll be happy with a point" attitude to Anfield. They've just lost to Blackpool, Blackburn and Wolves. Things have changed (very quickly) from the times when a point against them was considered a good result!
Ellen West
31   Posted 13/01/2011 at 07:46:22

Mike @22. Ouch. Where did that come from? I appreciate that it is hard to see sarcasm when typed, but... come on!!

I really enjoyed Blackpool. Twice.
Ernie Baywood
32   Posted 13/01/2011 at 08:20:37

Gentlemen, we've got no chance on Sunday...

... they're taking flags.

Ray Roche
33   Posted 13/01/2011 at 09:21:02

NO!! Not a flag day? We're fucked...
Gavin Ramejkis
34   Posted 13/01/2011 at 09:39:40

Maybe we should make it another beachball day?
Adam Carey
35   Posted 13/01/2011 at 09:53:46

We have just come off the back of two very good performances where we have dominated the play. Granted Scunthorpe are lower league, but we put Spurs away in style.

So, this is a MUST win game. If we can't put a very poor Liverpool team (without their two main local players) to the sword then there need to be some big questions asked! If David Moyes opts for safety then we will know what our priorities are in English football. Stay in the Premier League and hope for the odd trip abroad in the Europa!

Come on boys! (2-0 with goals from Coleman and Beckford...)

Matthew Mackey
36   Posted 13/01/2011 at 10:12:57

I know a lot has been said about Beckford's ability at this level, but one thing is for sure, David Moyes must go to Anfield with an attacking set up which MUST include the recently impressive Beckford starting alongside Saha.

We have seen over the last few games that King Louis and Beckford alongside him are starting to forge a good understanding which is also producing goals. (What?...4-4-2 ???) It would be suicidal now to turn inwards again and go there to defend a draw.

After all, we all saw it last night when Blackpool ripped their shity defence apart. If there is no clue there for Moyes to spot then he must be blind.

Mike Hughes
37   Posted 13/01/2011 at 10:22:31

Ellen @ 31 - my sincere apologies.

I read the link you posted and transferred my anger back on here. You're right about the sarcasm sometimes not translating.

Let's hope we're talking about Everton doing them twice on Sunday night when my laughter at the RS will change to an evil snigger :)))
Liam Reilly
38   Posted 13/01/2011 at 11:02:32

Ellen,

Yup, he's obviously bent because he knows some dodgy gangster and wants to make some money for his business.

Us Evertonians only deal with nice people.
Andy Crooks
39   Posted 13/01/2011 at 11:37:03

If we approach Sunday without fear and negativity, if we attack, get stuck in and run at them, it could be a special day for our club. Give them no respect, they are the poorest Liverpool team I have ever seen.
Tony J Williams
40   Posted 13/01/2011 at 13:27:34

Playing Devil's advocate here. What happens if we go 4-4-2 and we get beat. Are we going to blame Moyes?
Norman Merrill
41   Posted 13/01/2011 at 13:37:17

After last night's result, fans are starting to feel slightly more confident about Sunday. According to reports, Moyes was at the game last night, so he saw first hand what a team can do if they go at our neighbours, and take the game to them.

I am confident that he will keep the two up front, with Tim away and the Yak busy wooing Sven at Leicester, that leaves Saha and Beckford, with Anichebe on the bench.

But it will all be down to the manager, to stay with what we have shown in the last two games, or go back to his old ways. I have had e'mails from blues in Aussie, and USA, hoping, like us, that this is our time?

Andy Crooks
42   Posted 13/01/2011 at 18:05:16

Tony J, if we play 4-4-2 and get beat I will certainly not have any complaints. If we have the usual Moyes negative shite then I will repeat my calls for him to go.
Jeremy Buckley
43   Posted 14/01/2011 at 06:16:14

Anyone with half an eye on the other side of Stanley Park and an ear to football related 'punditry' spewing out of the media at the moment can't help but get themselves carried away with the fact that Sunday represents our best chance of completing a league double over the reds since the last time I was a season ticket holder. (When I could afford a Junior Evertonian season ticket that is.)

I include myself in the above sweeping statement.

I've always seen myself as not being superstitious, even deliberately walking under ladders to 'tempt fate'. However, I can't help but cringe when I hear people wax lyrical on how we're going to stuff the 'RS' and how King Kenny will be chucking his crown in the Mersey or the nearest Fjord north of Oslo.

Just for the sake of three days, PLEASE can we keep our feet on the ground?! Let's not set ourselves up for a fall we could do without eh?! Because, as we're constantly being told, the 'form book goes out the window on derby days'.... whatever the hell that means....

Enjoy it on Sunday, those that are lucky enough to be there.

COYB!

Mike Hughes
44   Posted 14/01/2011 at 10:29:49

Jeremy # 43

I completely agree with you. However, there's a difference between expressing our wishes internally on here and mouthing-off in public.

Like you, I've been an Evertonian long enough to know how we often fail to deliver especially in derby matches. Even when we are apparently favourites (based on form etc which is not often), it is the players who fail to deliver on the day. I don't know if it's our inferiority complex or what.

However, it is entirely because of the hype from the RS and the media's obsession with them (the kop, "rightful place", one city-one club, the city's all our's, YNWA) not to mention the oversight of the media and the RS to their own crimes (trashing OT last week, robbing off each other in Athens, stoning Alan Smith's ambulance, throwing a phone at Rooney, murder chants at American owners, Benitez comments etc) that I HOPE Everton absolutely annihilate them on Sunday.

However, I'm not going to sound like a RS and mouth off like them about it in public. RS will always whine, no matter what happens......I just hope us Blues are all sniggering on Sunday night and Monday morning.
Steven Twine
45   Posted 14/01/2011 at 11:16:20

4-4-2 and lets do them!! We wont have a better chance to win there and do the double over them. No fouling bastard and carragher,ladyboy looks the shadow of a player he was.We have no one to fear.They have no heart or spine through the team and they`re best players at the moment are kelly the right back and the goalie.Heres hoping for a massive and happy hangover,(bragging rights) on monday morning.