Pienaar

Love to know WTF is going on over the transfer of Pienaar. We supposedly accepted a bid off Chelsea, then Ancelotti comes on tele, saying it's a load of crap that they made any bid.

We then have Redknapp in an interview, saying that they had a bid of £2m turned down, and were told it was because Chelsea had made a higher bid, even though Ancelotti denied it. Redknapp then goes on to say, that he thought there was something not right, and he knows what's going on, but wouldn't comment any further, because what he had to say would land him in big trouble.

Then Moyes says Pienaar will be at training with the club on Monday, if Moyes expects him at training, then why wasn't he playing today? I mean, WTF is going on???

Brian Waring, Wokingham     Posted 16/01/2011 at 20:24:07

Comments

Chris Jones
1   Posted 16/01/2011 at 20:39:06

I wouldn't expect there to be 100% transparency about transfer dealings and think it unrealistic of you to demand it - which is implicit in your post.

We just have to bide our time and hope for the best outcome for EFC.
Frank Duffy
2   Posted 16/01/2011 at 20:39:00

Well said Brain. Moyes said he had been told by the player that 'his head wasn't right for him to play today'. I think i'll try this one with my boss tomorrow given we didn't win and I'm a bit 'upset'. I'd like to be paid though!!!

I hope Pienaar does not expect any money this week.

Typical Everton - can they not get anything right.
Brian Waring
3   Posted 16/01/2011 at 20:51:20

Chris, I'm not expecting the club to let me know whats going on, but come on, he doesn't play today, but will be at training Monday morning, if he will be at training, then he still our player, so why wasn't he playing today?

Also, we accept a bid of Chelsea, only for Ancelotti to come on tv and say its nonsense.
John Daley
4   Posted 16/01/2011 at 20:43:24

I'm sick of the whole 'Pienaar situation'. It's possibly the most drawn out player departure I can remember. It became apparent he would not be signing a new contract halfway through last season for fucks sake. He should surely have been sold in the summer, even if it was just to spare us from being bored to tears by the whole sorry saga. Apparently his agent is now wanting a seven figure sum from whichever club he finally signs for. Nice work if you can get it. No wonder he advised his client not to sign a new contract.
Andrew James
5   Posted 16/01/2011 at 20:52:35

Be fair guys, we are dealing with some difficult issues here and not ones that could be termed as being normal in professional business terms.

1) Pienaar hasn't conducted himself particularly well and I hope he never wears the shirt again. "Ooh my head's not right..." Pathetic. People have said he's been committed. Yes, he bloody well should be because he is paid by us. In my mind, he's been poor this season so good riddance. We will get the same stats from Bily or Ossie as replacements.

2) Spurs are renowned (especially Redknapp) for being slippery customers in transfer negotiations. Don't believe anything salmon face is saying or implying.

3) Chelsea is a sinking ship and it would not surprise me in the slightest if overtures had been made without Ancelotti knowing. I refer you to the Wilkins sacking...

Therefore I think this is more down to the other three parties than our own club's ineptitude. I just hope it doesn't distract Davey as he tries to strike some deals of his own.
Stephen Larkin
6   Posted 16/01/2011 at 20:59:39

maybe Moyes is playing Hawwy at his own game ? Trying to get the best deal for the club
Ian Kearney
7   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:03:51

After their tactics during the Naughton saga, Harry is in no position to comment anyway.

Moyes said Pienaar as good as said he wasnt right to play, if his move breaks down an hes here another 6 months thats fine by me, as its also been reported that Moyes will recieve none of the transfer fee!!
Micheal Lynch
8   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:09:21

why not sit down with him agree to a new contract and be done with it. Fuck sake he plays well for us and gives it his all. Replacing him will be difficult. Look at Osman today
Craig Bellew
9   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:02:09

I seen the game today but not moyes's aftermatch comments, but if you wish to know what is happening with pienaar then check out moyes's comments on there.

In a nutshell pienaar spoke to DM yesterday and advised DM that he wasnt in the right frame of mind to play. Have'nt we heard that line before (Lescott) and apparently that's why DM didnt pick him to play today. One thing I never expected from pienaar was for him to do whats we now call a lescott and turn his back on us no matter what is happening elsewere.

FFS we pay his wages and no matter what he thinks on were his future will be, he should still go out and give it his all for his current employers. DM also went on to say we have accepted a bid from chelsea but not tottenham, so I'm aq little in the dark on what Arry and spurs are up to or playing at.

Anyway I'm furios with Pienaar just like I was with Lescott but to be honest it's now just part of the game, albeit a part that leaves a sour taste !!

I hope we get we want from spurs for him and he goes sharpish as we dont need another scenario like the last, as it did have an effect on what DM the team and Everton as a whole were trying to do, and good riddance to another player who thinks he is bigger than the club, C*NT !!
Ian McDowell
10   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:17:23

His head isn't right it's a game of football not foot patrol in Afghanistan the shit house twat. I always defended Piennar as he gave his all and kept to his contract but now he can fuck off to his little shanty town in Africa.
David Bridge
11   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:18:50

Everyone knows he is to be a Tottenham player I predicted it last year! The only sticking point is that Arry doesn't want to pay a fee for a player he knows he can get for free if he waits 4months.

BK and Moyes come out and tell us the truth - Pienaar is signing for Tottenham (once a rival now a lot better) we will get 2m plus 500k appearance fee based on 50 appearances and none of us will see any of the cash.
Andrew James
12   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:33:37

Slag off Ossie but he is one of the most loyal players you will ever find and his set up for the goal today was awesome.

If Ossie gets some time on the left, he can do a job there. I would rather have him over any player who says stuff like "my head isn't right". It's a shame that 2 players who were so important to us around 2007/08 have now both shown themselves up (Lescott and Pienaar)
Matthew Lovekin
13   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:35:32

He won't be at Everton soon anyway, so don't care. If he doesn't want to play for the club, contracted or not, then get rid. Don't want mercenaries at Everton.
Frank Duffy
14   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:40:25

Well said Andrew.

Ossie might have is shortcomings but a loyal player who never complains. O for a 11 players with his attitude and commitment. Ok a bit OTT but we would have a far better team if we didn't have so many journey men.

Bring on WHU.
Ste Traverse
15   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:45:15

So he didn't play today because he didn't feel up to it? More like he didn't want to risk getting injured.

Dock his fucking wages this week. He's paid to play football and if he doesn't feel up to it he shouldn't expect to be paid.
Rob Murphy
16   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:52:22

Doesn't score, very few assists, loadsa nice foreplay but in the end no sex.
Himself & his agent can praise God, Jesus, Mohammed, Allah & whoever else when they bag themselves a fat wad of cash soon.

Hope he signs for someone with those nice formula 1 seats in the dugout, otherwise poor Schillo will more than likely spend the rest of his career getting splinters in his arse watching the Champion's League matches he thinks he's good enough to play in. Isn't that right Joleon??

Professional footballers - professional fannies the lot of um.
Kieran Kinsella
17   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:52:30

Remember when Pienaar was going to put himself in the shop window at the world cup ? Ha. Midget reminds me of juninho and Joe Cole: Skilled but totally ineffective as a team player. If there was a football equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters then great but since there isn't then he can leave and I do not care. As for the saga ? Anything involving two shady merchants (BK and Redknapp) is bound to be full of BS.
Andrew Laird
18   Posted 16/01/2011 at 21:49:45

I echo the sentiments on here that he should not be paid any wages for as long as he is dragging his heels. I think he wants out as quick as he can and did not want to get injured (remember his treatment at Anfield last year?) as then he would not be transferred until the summer.

His best friend and taxi driver (Yak) has also left last week so maybe he has nobody he can whinge to anymore?

Solution: Clean out his locker on Monday when he comes in for training and escort him from the premises, fine him for a breach of contract until he fucks off.

Kieran Kinsella
19   Posted 16/01/2011 at 22:06:19

Although just to play devils advocate for a minute the whole mystery is a bit like the time Howard Kendall said Gary Speed didn't want to play against West Ham. Speed later told a different tale.
Martin Handley
20   Posted 16/01/2011 at 22:20:28

The whole sorry saga reeks of of "Happy" Harry Redknapp , this is a man who is still under investigation for tax fraud! I think we should unsettle Spurs by asking for Crouch and Keane in return.

It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few days; my gut feeling is that Chelsea is nearer the mark than Tottingham. I've also heard a whisper that it's £3 mill in cash plus a player.

Andrew James
21   Posted 16/01/2011 at 22:45:25

I earn less in a year than Pienaar does in a week. If I have a day off, I get threatened with the sack.

I imagine many of you have the same scenario. "oooh my head's not right". He isn't doing brain surgery. Prick.

I don't blame Davey because when a player says stuff like that you have no alternative but to drop them. If we all said that to our respective bosses we'd be fired pronto.

Bye bye Pienaar. Moyes recovered you, Baines made you look better than you think you are. Good luck with trying to get into a side with Bale on the left and Lennon on the right. Or, if you go to Chelski, Cole is likely to make you look great but he will retire earlier than Leighton.

We will really miss his 2 goals a season. Coleman is showing him up big style this season on the other wing.
Mike Oates
22   Posted 16/01/2011 at 22:52:20

Pienaar wants to go to Spurs asap but Harry would prefer to wait until the summer and pay nowt. Chelsea interested now and willing to pay some monies but Pinnear wont go to them ? and hence a falling out. Moyes will not let Pienaar go on a free to Spurs now ? end of.

Mr Pienaar, Chelsea or Everton for next few months? ? your choice.

Andrew James
23   Posted 16/01/2011 at 22:55:26

Frank - I think the following have the Ossie commitment and attitude:

Cahill
Baines
Vaughan
Jagielka
Fellaini
Neville
Distin
Coleman
Howard
Hibbert

Sadly only half of them are true quality but these guys are not the ones letting us down. It's the likes of Pienaar, Arteta, Saha and the Yak that have done us thus far.
John Gee
24   Posted 16/01/2011 at 23:24:31

Andrew James come in number 24 your number is up. So Arteta's form dips and we all forget the excellent service from the last few years? Where is your commitment? Where is your loyalty?

It's easy and cathartic to knock Pienaar right now but when you see fans turning against there own players because of a mistake or a loss of form then don't blame that player for leaving when they get a good offer.

Also, I see the same people as usual are trying so hard to find an angle here to stick the boot into the club over this transfer. Give it a fucking rest, Ancelotti wasn't even consulted over his no.2! And 'arry is untrustworthy to the max. Talking of which, why aren't the media touching the subject of his tax bill? Is he selling out his fellow professionals in return for an easy ride or something?
Ian Tunstead
25   Posted 17/01/2011 at 00:06:33

Andrew James and Frank Duffy,

Did you not watch the game?!

Osmen got torn apart all game letting his man go past him with ease. Baines was a shadow of himself from having to cover for him. All game he gave the ball away and then flukily fooled himself and everybody else in the process setting up the goal.

How can you say "If Ossie gets some time on the left, he can do a job there"? We have all watched Ossie for years and experimented with him on the wings and it is clear as day he is not a winger. The ultimate example of this was the FA Cup final when he was exposed for the crap player he is.

Yes, he is loyal and tries hard, but so am I, that doesn't mean I should be playing for Everton. He should be a squad player at best and only played in emergencies in central positions when there is nobody else. Bily came on and never gave the ball away and even tracked back which is what was needed.
Danny Broderick
26   Posted 17/01/2011 at 00:13:05

We shouldn't even consider playing players who we have accepted bids for. If we've decided to take the money, that means that player is no longer in our plans.

I think some of the comments on here about Pienaar are a bit unfair. He's always given 110% in a blue shirt, and even Moyes has praised him for the way he's conducted himself all along. It's human nature that your mind will be on a new job if you are about to start one, in any walk of life. With this in mind, I think Pienaar did the right thing. I don't want any Everton players out there who are not up to it physically or mentally, especially in a derby.

In all honesty, though, all of this should have been sorted a long time ago. We could have been £8 million better off if we'd sold him in the summer.

Eugene Ruane
27   Posted 17/01/2011 at 00:30:00

Ian McDowell (10) you say..

"I always defended Pienaar as he gave his all and kept to his contract but now he can fuck off to his little shanty town in Africa."

Now I understand "But now he can fuck off" but have no idea what 'his little shanty town in Africa' has to do with anything.

I mean did you think Gosling should fuck off or fuck off to his shitty semi in Plymouth?

Get a fucking grip.

If he's fucking off, he's fucking off to a great big mansion with a massive big telly in every room and doesn't give two shites about how worked up Evertonians get.

Everton, Spurs, Chelsea ? he'll go where he gets paid most (and having grown up supporting none of them, why wouldn't he?).

To be honest, after Rooney, I don't know how any blue can get worked up over the comings and goings of players.

They ALL have agents and will ALL go (or stay) for the right deal.

End of story really.
James Stewart
28   Posted 17/01/2011 at 02:15:13

Pathetic excuse. He should have played. Who would want to sit out a derby!?

He will have been scared of injury and scuppering his big pay day. Lost a lot of respect for him today.
Ste Williams
29   Posted 17/01/2011 at 03:12:27

Just back from town where I seen Pienaar and Arteta, jokingly (but drunk and quite serious) asked Pienaar to stay to which he replied,'"ive got to go man, ive got to go" Fuck knows why he thinks he's "got to go" , thanked him for giving 100% in most games ive seen him play, but wanted to give him some shit for bottling it today, jus not the type to make a scene, he also was a bit condescending when he said "Everton are a GOOD club"
Tony Cheek
30   Posted 17/01/2011 at 05:35:18

It seems obvious to me that Pienaar wants to go to Spurs, yet Chelsea have come in with the biggest offer. That's why there is a hold up!
Alan Clarke
31   Posted 17/01/2011 at 06:29:10

If we've not accepted the Spurs bid, why was Pienaar in talks with them on Friday as widely reported?

I hope he goes to Chelsea without Ancelotti's knowledge and just warms the bench for them.
Brian Williams
32   Posted 17/01/2011 at 06:45:15

Don't care about anything else people say about him David Moyes would NOT go on national television and say that Everton had accepted a bid from Chelsea if they hadn't.

Likewise I don't believe he'd make up the story about Pienaar not being in the right frame of mind (or however he put it exactly) and announce that on TV.

Haven't heard first hand what that twitchy bastard Redknapp was reported to have said but I wouldn't believe a word he said. The man's a crook!
Eric Myles
33   Posted 17/01/2011 at 07:21:53

Did anyone else notice the lack of Baines on the overlap on the left yesterday?
Every time I saw him he was behind Osman / Anichebe as if they were supposed to be running to the flag to make a cross, only they didn't.
Gavin Ramejkis
34   Posted 17/01/2011 at 07:50:17

Baines needs a winger in front of him to be effective, Osman and Anichebe will never be wingers.
Alan Clarke
35   Posted 17/01/2011 at 07:55:14

I've been a masive critic of Osman but it's a bit harsh some of the stick he's getting after yesterday. For the majority of the time Pienaar has been at Everton we've played 4-5-1. This formation gives the midfielders more time on the ball and more chance for the full backs to get forward. I didn't see Neville getting forward much either.

Yesterday we played 4-4-2. The whole midfield was completely overrun in the first half not just Osman. They seemed to go through us at will. This meant Baines wasn't able to overlap. If you'd have put Pienaar in that team yesterday, with that formation, we would have seen the same problem.

In the second half, Moyes pushed Anichebe up onto their right back and things tightened up in our midfield. You'd have also seen Baines getting forward and hitting more crosses because of it. Pienaar is obviously better than Osman otherwise Chelsea and Spurs would be in for him instead but Pienaar wouldn't have made a big difference and Osman wasn't to blame for Moyes getting his tactics wrong in the first half.
Ian Tunstead
36   Posted 17/01/2011 at 09:02:36

That is bollocks Alan.

If Everton keep possession then they will not invite pressure onto themselves. Everybody in midfield kept possession well bar Osmen. The only times players did seem to give the ball away was when passing to Osmen because if it is not straight to his feet he is too slow to respond. Piennar does not score enough goals for my liking or even get as many assist as i think he is capable of, but you can have confidence in him to keep the ball nine times out of ten, were as with Osmen it is more like two times out of ten. The other players must have the same confidence which is why Baines will usually get forward at will because he knows piennar will get the ball back to him or keep hold of the ball. If Piennar played there would have been a massive difference as it is like playing with 10 men when Osmen is on the wing. I am positive we would have won the game had Piennar played.

Osmen is a liability, especially on the wings, opposition players could go down our left at will just like Chelsea could go down the right at will in the FA cup Final when we had 5 in midfield but Osmen was on the right. He hardly tracks back, if he does it is a half arsed jog which doesn?t put any pressure on the opposing player. There were 4 or 5 substitutes that Moyes could have used that would have done a better job on the left than Osmen. The only tactics Moyes got wrong was playing Osmen
Matteo Rosingana
37   Posted 17/01/2011 at 09:17:02

Osman.
Gavin Wadeson
38   Posted 17/01/2011 at 09:42:41

After the match, Jamie Redknapp was talking about Beckford's goal, and he said "If Iniesta, Xavi, or Messi controlled the ball as well as Osman, we'd be talking about it for months".
KPR Williams
39   Posted 17/01/2011 at 09:41:08

Osman did more in his shite game yesterday than Pienaar has done all season..
he got an assist...
fuck off Pienaar an stop his wages..
Jimmy Hacking
40   Posted 17/01/2011 at 10:23:48

What frustrates me more than anything about this whole saga is how it has dragged on for so long and consumed so much of everybodies time and energies.

How many Toffeeweb articles have there now been regarding Pienaar's future? 40? 50? how many man-hours have the club spent fannying about over his negotiations, both contractual and transfer related? How many headaches has David Moyes had over this one prima donna, having to shuffle his pack against Liverpool, and probably Scunthorpe, because the fucking namby-pamby's "head isn't right" or whatever.

And respect I had for Pienaar is trickling away very rapidly.
Matteo Rosingana
41   Posted 17/01/2011 at 11:03:31

Though Osmen does make a nice plural. His control for the goal assist was excellent. I'd rather give my support to a player who actually wants to play for the club.
Ernie Baywood
42   Posted 17/01/2011 at 11:04:55

Some of the above posts are a mile off the mark. We missed Pienaar yesterday. We had nowhere to go down the left and couldn't keep the ball. When Liverpool attacked Osman couldn't track a man.

We kind of got away with it because Liverpool are so fragile (bless them) but we won't get away with much more.
Anthony Hughes
43   Posted 17/01/2011 at 11:17:25

I like Ossie's attitude as a player but surely he can't be the solution on the left side. The lad's taken tremendous stick down the years when he's be played out on the right side i hope Moyes doesn't think he can get away with him down the left now. We've never solved the problem down the right (Coleman's done ok but his long term future is to replace Neville at rightback).

I struggle to see how Moyes thought this was his strongest ever squad. No recognisable wide players at the club, no cover for left back, barely any cover at centre half and a collection of strikers who are either permanent sicknotes or Championship standard. Whether we get money for Pienaar or not it won't go far on any real quality.

Bringing loan players in is ok in itself in the short term but it's no good in the long term future of trying to build a team. Until there is regime change at board level then we wiil be mid table battlers on a regular basis. The Premiership is moving on and we're going to be left behind. It's so frustrating following Everton.

Steve Guy
44   Posted 17/01/2011 at 11:32:58

I hope Pienaar goes to Chelsea just to take the smile off Droopy's face. I cannot understand how he gets away with tapping up and unsettling players the way he does.

We missed Pienaar yesterday, no question in my mind; but slagging any of the players off after yesterday's second half performance seems churlish.
Robert Elliott
45   Posted 17/01/2011 at 11:42:58

Glad the irony of Redknapp wanting transparency in another clubs transfer dealings hasn't been lost on anybody!

Fucks sake, almost as ironic as Kuyt throwing himself to the ground in a hissy fit demanding that a throw in should have gone to him only seconds after he deflected one of our shots of his boot out for a corner which Dowd gave as a goal kick!
Alan Clarke
46   Posted 17/01/2011 at 11:53:31

Ian, you're obviously still pissed off from other exchanges we've had in the past but it's not bollocks. From what you write, I'm not sure you watch much of Everton or if you do the ale you consume pre-match affects what you've seen.

The whole of the 1st half was pretty much a shambles yesterday. No one in midfield held on to the ball or even showed for it. We were hoofing it most of the time. In the second half, Moyes moved Anichebe deeper and to the left. Suddenly, Baines was getting forward and putting crosses in (check the stats, compare Baines's crosses in the 1st and 2nd half). Which side did the corner come from that we scored from and who assisted Beckford's goal?

Like I said, Osman is not as good as Pienaar but I blame the goalie for us losing yesterday not Osman.
Gavin Ramejkis
47   Posted 17/01/2011 at 11:53:48

Steve I think melted wax face has alluded in many interviews before about the FA chasing him about his dodgy dealings before making it sound like if they come after him he'll blow the whistle on the whole lot of them. They are all bent and he knows it, no doubt he'll slime himself into the Engerland job before too long leaving Spurs with a squad of thousands, a fucking huge wage bill and not a penny paid to the tax man again.
Larry Boner
48   Posted 17/01/2011 at 11:48:38

All Pienaar has to do is, do nothing. If he refused to play yesterday, then I cant see Mr Moyes picking him again this season and there are only 14 days left to the closing of the window.

He waits til the end of his contract, then picks up the fee that would have been paid to Everton, for himself, thus costing a completely skint Everton several million pounds. We have done the same with Yakubu, could have got several million for him before the season, but end up loaning him to a Championship club, who may or may not buy him in the summer, for probably less than £1 million.

The whole business side of Everton is bordering on the ridiculous, how do we find ourselves in the position we are, no one at the club seems to have the ability to change around the financial problems, or even to address them, next season will see a massive earthquake hit this and many other clubs, with the financial restraints really taking hold of peoples disposable income.

I remember when we extended our sponsorship with Chang, did not Mr Elstone say some of the money would be made available to Mr Moyes?

Ian Tunstead
49   Posted 17/01/2011 at 12:23:03

Alan

It?s nothing personal because I don?t remember our other exchanges in the past. I didn?t consume any ale before the match and I can?t ever remember doing so before an Everton game because I like to be able to concentrate on what I am seeing, especially if it's a derby game.

The reason Anichebe was moved to the left was to assist Baines because OsMAN was so awful allowing Liverpool to bypass him with ease. This allowed Osman to stay further forward and more central were he is more comfortable and has less responsibility in tracking back and closing people down. We improved even more once Osman was taken off altogether. That is why we improved in the 2nd half.
Andrew Cunningham
50   Posted 17/01/2011 at 10:23:34

This is getting bitter and nasty,
Pienaar is gone so let it go.
The sun will still rise tomorrow.
Tom Bowers
51   Posted 17/01/2011 at 13:30:56

Pienaar is not highly rated by anyone hence the low fee being offered. Obviously he is a wages offload as was Yaks and it seems likely Everton are going with lesser paid players like Anichebe, Vaughan, Beckford etc. Everton seem to have very little money and loan deals seem to be the order of the day if they happen. Why not try to swap Osman and the Pienaar money for Charlie Adam or would that be sacrilege for Moyes?

We have little time left to bring in players who can win games for us.

Gavin Ramejkis
52   Posted 17/01/2011 at 14:05:11

Off on a tangent but Darren Bent has handed in a transfer request, now there's a striker worth a loan offer on.
Tony Waring
53   Posted 17/01/2011 at 15:18:54

Well whoever we get I hope Bily stays. When he came on he passed the ball to ? - a teammate and as someone else mentioned he also tracked back. He lacks physicality, if that's the right word but he can control the ball and he's got a great left foot. Anichebe does have physical presence but precious little else that I can discern. I hope also that we can stop knocking Beckford. His goal was superb even though he had to stop himself falling over as he received it from Osman. Seamus never really got going because there was no support behind him from Capn Pip. I hope too that Vaughan is retained; he has both pace and a "presence" and he can actually score goals! Finally back to Pienaar. According to the Daily Mail anything we get for him is already due to his agent. Sounds bloody unbelievable to me and the sooner agents are banned the better for football.
Anthony Hughes
54   Posted 17/01/2011 at 15:55:15

Darren Bent on loan would be great but i'm hearing on the radio that Villa are in with an 18 million plus bid for him.
Danny Broderick
55   Posted 17/01/2011 at 17:21:02

Tom (51),

We couldn't afford Charlie Chalk never mind Charlie Adam.

Gavin (52),

We couldn't afford Marcus Bent never mind Darren Bent.