Upon Reflection...

Last week i posted on here about my relationship with Everton falling apart ? I was having a dire week, was unwell, and things at home were getting me down ? I have to admit I'm big enough to say that in hindsight I should have stayed quiet. I also probably deserved to be strung up and hung outside Goodison for all to mock.

Unfortunately I let my feelings for the way things were going at the club get me down to such a degree that I was lost.

The result yesterday has no basis upon this response today, even though i was elated when Beckford scored ? the lad deserves a break lets get behind him!

I wish I could turn back the clock; hindsight's a wonderful thing and to those that know me, I am sorry for the nonsense. To the game Saturday, I will be there, and 100% focussed on losing my voice and celebrating 3 points. "Once a Blue, Always a Blue".

As for supporting Shitteh ? not even if you paid me a million a day

Chris Keightley, Harwich     Posted 17/01/2011 at 12:13:51

Comments

Erik Dols
1   Posted 17/01/2011 at 15:19:43

Couldn't you just accept that million a day for half a year and then use the money to renew Goodison? We won't tell anyone at City that you're a fraud...
Brian Williams
2   Posted 17/01/2011 at 15:19:13

You do, and say things which you later regret, when you're in love, and you feel that the recipient of your love has let you down...

When the dust settles you realise....

You can't stop loving them!
Stephen Kenny
3   Posted 17/01/2011 at 15:39:27

I'm sure it wont work out all that well for you Chris but you probably knew that at the start, I did. Welcome back.
Stephen Kenny
4   Posted 17/01/2011 at 15:39:27

Nick Entwistle
5   Posted 17/01/2011 at 15:58:10

If I remember correctly you didn't say it was falling apart, more that it was over.
Howard Don
6   Posted 17/01/2011 at 16:59:43

Happens to the best of us Chris. Feeling grouchy with some other coments here I said, before the Spurs game, we'd be mad to go gung ho 4-4-2. Had to eat a large portion of humble pie the next day. That's life
Matthew Salem
7   Posted 17/01/2011 at 17:17:05

Fuckin hell...it's Judas Keightley crawling back. Well, well, well...but what's wrong with you soft bastards being all touchy-feely with the traitor?

Crucify the fucker for blaspheming against our club. Pummel the cunt with insults so that he never dare say a negating word again, even if in jest. Punish him so severly that his only solace will his tears that he drinks to alleviate the unbearable thirst he shall experience as his tongue cleaves to the roof of his mouth for bearing false testimony. May his agony and guilt multiply so that....nah...I can't be that mean haha. Welcome back lad, we all have days where we curse our luck at being Evertonians only to realize a few days later how privilidged we are :)
Ray Said
8   Posted 17/01/2011 at 17:39:42

This was posted a few years back and it seems appropriate to to remind ourselves of how we all sometimes feel about our club-thanks to the original poster.

'Just around the corner there's heartaches,
down the street that loser is you
If you can wade in through the teardrops
You'll find me at the Home of the Blues

I walk and cry while my heartbeat keeps time
with the drag of my shoes
The sun never shines through this window of mine
Oh it's dark in the Home of the Blues' But the place is filled with sweetest memories,
memories so sweet that I cry

Dreams that I've had, left me feeling so bad,
I just wanna give up and lay down and die

So if you just lost your sweetheart
and it seems there's no good way to choose
Come along with me, misery loves company
Oh you're welcome at the Home of the Blues

Yeah you're welcome at the Home of the Blues'  ? Hank Williams
Alan Clarke
9   Posted 17/01/2011 at 18:32:15

I fell out of love with football ages ago. I hate Kenwright, I have no love for Moyes. I hate overpaid players who can't be arsed. I hate any player who wants to leave Everton. I hate Sky and I hate their shithouse pundits. I know how you feel Chris.

But I love Everton and I love going to Goodison with my dad. I love the fact that next season, I'll take my daughter. I love it when Cahill scores against the shite.
Tony Hennessy
10   Posted 17/01/2011 at 19:05:02

Fair play to you man... welcome back, we need everyone!
Charles King
11   Posted 17/01/2011 at 19:36:08

Chris

Well said, and well done for having the gonads to come back on here and say as much.
Welcome back.
Tony McNulty
12   Posted 17/01/2011 at 21:33:55

As one of the many who shook you warmly by the throat (to paraphrase, my advice was basically, ?get pissed, have sex, give yourself a shake? ? not a sheik, by the way ? and my advice wasn?t the worst) a simple, welcome back.

Mike Rourke
13   Posted 17/01/2011 at 23:16:00

Everton. More addictive than heroin...I should imagine.
Dermot Ryan
14   Posted 18/01/2011 at 03:02:14

Chris: Truly great to hear you've had a change of heart. You know it makes sense. Its a tough club to follow. But a real club with real supporters. Our day will come. And while we are waiting we do have our moments: This season? Stuffing Liverpool. Beating Man. City...Again! Beating Spurs.

I'm so glad we didn't lose you to some shitty plastic club. I just hope you don't regret your decision.
Laurie Hartley
15   Posted 18/01/2011 at 09:33:51

Well I'm not happy because I've never snatched it from Everton but you lot have killed the fatted calf for him - only joking Chris.

A word of advice - never let your private life or work affect your relationship with EVERTON. EFC won't leave you, two time you,or sack you. And always remember this - we will be great again!
Bertie Alloff
16   Posted 18/01/2011 at 10:49:27

Welcome back Chris you big div, we've probably all been there just not said it on a forum!
Christopher McCullough
17   Posted 18/01/2011 at 12:29:27

Good man, Chris.
James Hollister
18   Posted 18/01/2011 at 14:40:54

Hopefully next time you won't rush in and blaspheme the blues no matter how angry, upset you are..some things are always better left unsaid.

Being a blue is hard most of the time, but non so more than this season. Although the apologists will rise and tell us we told you so, when we continue this run of form..something which we fail to deliver year on year at the start of the season..

Anyways good to have you back mate!