Indifference

I'm not angry any more. I didn't think we'd win today, nor did I think we'd be as poor. Fellaini's late goal has postponed what is inevitable and that's the departure of David Moyes. Better for him and better for us. Unfortunately a long lingering death awaits, taking away any good memories we had.

There are not three worse teams than us in the Premier league. Yakubu scores two goals in two games elsewhere and..... actually it doesn't hurt as much as it should.
Andy Crooks, Belfast     Posted 22/01/2011 at 18:25:35

Comments

Richard Harris
1   Posted 22/01/2011 at 23:55:43

Fortunately there are three worse teams who will be relegated letting Moyes and Kenwright off the hook again..
Tommy Byrne
2   Posted 22/01/2011 at 23:48:02

When I saw that we had Rodwell on the bench with Saha, I now feel that Moyes has lost the plot. Surely Saha and Beckford to start. Bily or Maguye to have a run in place of Pienaar. Arteta to have a rest on the bench if he is not playing well.
Ryan Holroyd
3   Posted 22/01/2011 at 23:47:40

What a load of crap today was. Feeling relieved because we got a draw at home to West Ham.

What has happened to Arteta?. It's sad to see him playing like a shadow of his former self. I'm not having his injury as an excuse. He came back last season and was running games so it's not that.

Nothing will massively change until Kenwright and his mates have gone.

He/We simply don't have the finances to enable us to compete in the transfer market.

No NET spend for 7 TRANSFER WINDOWS, if as seems likely, we don't buy anyone in January.

Our 2nd best player has just left, our best (Fellaini) will go in the Summer.

No investment and cost cutting leads to Victor and Beckford upfront. How depressing is that?

We've a right back playing right wing as we have no one else and two 'strikers' who are clearly not good enough for the PL. Their 2nd touches are always a tackle.

What is going on? Villa spend £18 million plus on a proven forward. We sell one of our best players so we can get someone in on loan.

I can only hope we're cutting our wage bill in preperation so BK can sell the club.

I hear BK got a lot of stick in the directors box today. Please god let this be the start of an uprising before we go any lower.
Jim Lloyd
4   Posted 23/01/2011 at 00:06:28

Amen to that! Until Kenwright let's go of the club, we will just tread water (if we're lucky!) We'll get the odd good result against the so called bigger clubs and we'll probably mix and match with a few clubs who might stay in the middle of the division, or flirt with relegation. I can't seem any other future for us. Kenwright says he's looking 24/7( horrible phrase anyway) but He doesn't say he will relinquish control of our club. Kenwright, Green and that bugger from Planet Hollywood, are killing our club. Maybe there is no one out there who's prepared to take over. If there isn't, I believe we're consigned to the "also rans"...if we're lucky!
Mike Homfray
5   Posted 23/01/2011 at 00:42:50

Problem being that there really isn't anyone - and that's because of Goodison Park. Its virtually impossible to redevelop and in an area where land values are hardly worth a thing.

Any buyer would have to find the money to sort that first and who would want to?
Tony J Williams
6   Posted 23/01/2011 at 00:46:14

Andy, I reached the stage you are at a few years ago. I don't get angry anymore (apart from at the match itself) I have realised that we are nowhere as good as I initially thought we were, so results like todays result does not surprise me anymore and I no longer let myself get too worked up about it.

One of the lads I go the game with is not renewing because he now has a second kid and I am seriously considering letting my season ticket go too.

The games are crap, no effort from the players and the crowd is dead. It simply is not fun to go the game anymore, so why pay almost £500 a year to sit and moan for two hours every second week
Jeremy Rishardson
7   Posted 23/01/2011 at 00:59:02

Moyes going wont make things any better.

Superior managers aren't interested in Davids job.

Give the man some decent cash.
James Stewart
8   Posted 23/01/2011 at 01:02:39

The slow death has been going on since last season!
Tony J Williams
9   Posted 23/01/2011 at 01:04:43

I would say that the slow death has been happening since 2005, after we sold Rooney James. Nothing has been done in the way of investment and that is criminal for a premiership side.
Graham Rathbone
10   Posted 23/01/2011 at 01:03:38

Richard @1 "Fortunately there are three worse teams who will be relegated letting Moyes and Kenwright off the hook again"..
Are there really? I certainly hope you're right, because from what I saw today against the bottom club I beg to differ. I hate to say this but I think we are on the slide, a selling club who have to sell to afford loan players (and I don't think we will get any of them either). We cannot get to the next level with these tactics.
Jim Lloyd
11   Posted 23/01/2011 at 01:26:28

Mike #4 (really!) we can't develop goodison park? we'll be playing in Stanley Park with the rest of the Sunday league if we don't get our act together. (Well not quite but you take my point.) Goodison Park can be redeveloped for around 100 million pounds sterling, which is just about the same as that Kirkby misadventure.
But it aint falling down.! It doesn't need to be redeveloped right now. An owner could concentrate on funding a good side.So don't tell me we aren't as an attractive propostion as bloody Blackburn.
Phil Rodgers
12   Posted 23/01/2011 at 04:32:00

I dont get to many games as i work in retail and live in rotherham but i went today and it was awful. I am devastated by the way the club is going.
Anthony Hughes
13   Posted 23/01/2011 at 08:33:26

Jim #4 totally and utterly agree. We are a fading club. I agree with Tony the slide did begin with the sale of Rooney and it seems to be picking up pace.
Gavin Ramejkis
14   Posted 23/01/2011 at 09:50:59

Mike #5 its already been shown that GP can be redeveloped, the trouble is BK doesn't want to and even if he did he's a piss poor businessman who doesn't have the money to keep the players we have never mind generate a business plan worth a carrot, lag pipes, buy new players, seek investment, etc, etc, etc, etc
James McGrady
15   Posted 23/01/2011 at 10:11:02

Moyes' tactics frustrate sometimes but he will be the only thing keeping us up.
For the last 4 or 5 summer/winter transfer windows we are promised six months in advance we will make a signing then nothing happens. Now it is the promise of a LOAN signing six months in advance and again nothing happens.
I have accepted Kenwright's ownership due to the relative stability compared with City, Liverpool, United, Pompey etc but this window is the final straw.
2 players have left and he is trying to get Vaughan out on loan, and yet no one is coming into replace them.

The downsizing of the squad seems to me to indicate or financesare worse than we think. If Kenwright cannot keep us afloat then he needs to sell to someone who can do that, not wait "For the right offer" (aka the one that gives the boys pen kid the biggest profit)
Steve Sweeney
16   Posted 23/01/2011 at 10:15:35

Slowly but surely fans are waking up KENWRIGHT IS THE ONE WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MESS THIS CLUB IS IN.
I hate to think this never mind posting but if he doesn't go or is not forced out by you the fans, soon, we will all wake up one dark May day in the Championship.I hope the story that he was slated after yesterdays game is true.
Gavin Ramejkis
17   Posted 23/01/2011 at 10:29:51

James, draws won't keep us up, wins might
Ste Boyle
18   Posted 23/01/2011 at 13:14:44

After that debalacle yesterday I actually fear that we may actually drop this year.

We can't get loan signings in as we cant afford the wages, Moyes seemingly has zero idea on how to win games. As somebody said earlier, you don't need £100 million to play good football, Blackpool and West Brom manage it.

We'll end up like Sheff Wed if we go down, heaven help us...

Jay Harris
19   Posted 23/01/2011 at 14:05:03

The reason we are shite is that the players realize what's going on and are playing like frightened rabbits, the crowd are fed up and so generating a negative atmosphere and Moyes is walking round like a frozen corpse totally devoid of any energy to cajole and motivate the players.

KENWRIGHT MUST BE FORCED OUT NOW.