Worrying times

I have noticed that over the past month there has been little or no chance of signing new players to the club. After hearing Moyes state the need for a new striker a number of times, I have been waiting anxiously for any sign of the 'Saviour' for our season. Even when we were told there was only money for a loan signing I still waited for that scrap of hope.

Selling Pienaar surely gave us money to go and pay a player for the next 6 months? A £50,000 a week striker would easily be affordable even if the deal for Pienaar was only £2 million from Tottenham. However, despite this, there is no sign of a new player coming in before Tuesday. I like many others will think this is not good enough, as this shows;

Mbokani to Hoffenheim (on loan)
Santa Cruz to Blackburn (on loan)
Adebyeor to Real Madrid (on loan)
Demba Ba to West Ham (on loan)
Carlos Vela to West Brom (onloan)

Available to loan: Bendtner, Sturridge, Macheda, Robbie Keane..

Those players are off the top of my head and I'm guessing other people could add more to this list. But it goes to show at least 9 strikers have moved or available to move on loan in the past few weeks. I am not going to weigh in who out of them would be any better for us or not but you get the picture. What is going on at the club that means none of those are affordable?

Personally, I will lose all heart for the club if it ever comes out that we really are in trouble financially. Name me one other Premier League team who can say we have no money whatsoever? Even selling players does not seem to generate money. This is all after we offer a player £75 grand a week?

What scares me is that nearly every other disaster story in the league has been a result of the club's best interests (Leeds gamble for greatness, Mike Ashley restructuring a badly run club) or unforeseen circumstances (global recession). Is it really going to end up that we will go that way for our own fault?

The end result will always be bad, as we have 4-5 players who would walk if there is no sign of recovery, plus a manager who keeps quiet over it all leaving. The players we will be left with will still cripple the club with wages.

I have supported this club through the seasons of achieving nothing, and probably always will. I don't know if my heart will still be there if the signs are true though.
Chris Ashton, liverpool     Posted 29/01/2011 at 10:31:35

Comments

Anthony Jaras
1   Posted 29/01/2011 at 16:24:27

Moyes was asked by the ESPN reporter, live after the game;

Are you going to be signing anyone, whether permanent or on loan?"

Moyes replied "NO!"

End of story!
Anthony Jaras
2   Posted 29/01/2011 at 17:16:33

I think that this tells us that we are in a worse state than we initially thought.
Jimmy Hacking
3   Posted 29/01/2011 at 17:31:28

Aston Villa are apparently about to sign Michael Bradley on loan from Borussia Munchengladbach.

We don't really need a midfielder, but the point is he's a quality player, I seem to remember a couple of you suggesting we sign him a couple of years ago. so yes, I agree, there are definitely loan deals being done by other clubs
Ian McDowell
4   Posted 29/01/2011 at 18:15:08

Yeah good player Bradley, also Sunderland signed Sessigon from PSG ( who we were previously linked with) and Muntari from Inter. I would've liked either of them at Everton.
James Stewart
5   Posted 29/01/2011 at 18:15:48

Add to that list
Martins to Brum
Muntari to Sunderland and if the bradley rumour is true add that one.

We are a complete joke of a premiership outfit though.
Mortgaged to the hilt by Billy Bullshit. We had the best chance of breaking the Top 4 and blew it.
James Stewart
6   Posted 29/01/2011 at 18:25:09

Sessegnon also to Sunderland for 6m bargain there has been some great business done by teams this window. Sadly just not us.
Mark Wayman
7   Posted 29/01/2011 at 18:41:50

On the bright side, for a horrifying moment today I saw Gary Neville at the game and thought we'd bought him :)

Sorry, loaned him :)

Didn't Moyes come out a few months ago and say he NEEDED to sign a striker during this transfer window? I apologise if I imagined this.

Mark Griffiths
8   Posted 29/01/2011 at 18:59:31

What a joke we are, being outspent by two-bit clubs, I don't know how close we actually are to administration or how bad our finances are but there is something wrong when our squad is so dwindled and we are letting players go and not bringging anyone in. The thing that pisses me off most though is the silence from the club.

I have said this before, just tell us the truth FFS! We might not like it, but we would respect you for it more!
Kieran Kinsella
9   Posted 29/01/2011 at 19:57:47

BK is the worst owner ever, end of. He is a liar and has utterly destroyed this club.
Cliff Ross
10   Posted 29/01/2011 at 22:19:36

"...utterly destroyed this club"?? ? Are you for real??
Brian Garside
11   Posted 29/01/2011 at 23:28:02

I think he should increase ticket prices in line with other clubs to improve, if only slightly, the money flow. Or are we too stingy to pay that little extra which might make the difference?

Or how many millions are we individually prepared to put in without a promise of repayment? I do not pretend to make excuses for BK but sometimes a little realism is needed.

ps: All out!!! The supporters or The Board? I don´t know but "Some thing better change"!!!!!!

Andy Codling
12   Posted 29/01/2011 at 23:54:25

No new signings and three out.... Still idiots defend Bill Kenwright.
Thomas Williams
13   Posted 30/01/2011 at 00:38:42

Yes Cliff, he has destroyed our club, Are you for real for not noticing? take off the blinkers and wake up.
Mark Wayman
14   Posted 30/01/2011 at 02:11:01

Haven't the tickets gone up slightly lately? Or is my brother trying it on when he orders them? :)
Eric Myles