Fuming!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe what I have just seen!!! Into stoppage time against the Champions, with a replay at Stamford Bridge (where we haven't won since '94) on the cards! Didier "cheating twat" Drogba goes down without being challenged and what do we do?

Instead of going for the kill, we fanny around wondering whether to kick the ball out so we are seen as good sports! And in the end we squander possession with a ridiculous crossfield ball that was probably played in panic because nobody had a clue what to do!!

I cannot believe this! Drogba has a history of this. He is a cheat.

Now let me ask you, do you really think Man Utd would have done that? Would they fuck!! That instance just sums up why we always fall short! No guts and certainly no killer instinct!! I am apalled.

You can come on here all you like and slag Moyes for his "interesting" team selections but we must look at the players! It was, and fair enough I might be getting carried away here, an act of cowardice! Poor little us doing ever so well to get a replay against a "big" club like Chelsea.

It was a pretty good performance, especially in the 2nd half, but that moment in stoppage time has truly pissed me off. PATHETIC!! No excuses! Grow a fuckin' pair.....rant over, for now...
Lee Courtliff, Burnley     Posted 29/01/2011 at 14:27:44

Comments

Gareth Humphreys
1   Posted 29/01/2011 at 15:35:41

Get over it Lee.
Frank Duffy
2   Posted 29/01/2011 at 15:36:07

Totally agree Lee. It was a joke. No foul, holding his sore leg - poor soul!!. Ref hadn't blown or said put the ball out. But hey this is Everton- we look around, look at each other, crowd scream play on. Panic pass which goes out. Chelsae have ball and then a corner. Taken by the bloody cheat - no injury. Did any of our players have a go at Drogba. Answers on a postage stamp
Seamus Murphy
3   Posted 29/01/2011 at 15:57:48

Couldn't agree more. I thought the exact same. What the fuck were they at? We were on the break in stoppage time and they fuck about and Chelsea end up with a corner. Even after that with a minute to go we had no urgency. Chance missed, through ? no balls again.
Mike Allison
4   Posted 29/01/2011 at 16:05:54

I don't understand why players ever stop if there's an injury, its the referee's job to make that decision. On the odd occasion they might recognise a bad one to an honest player and try to get treatment on asap, but given that it was Didier Drogba it should definitely have been ignored, as he feigns and fakes all the time. That whole incident was farcical. We should have run past all the Chelsea players pointing and gesturing and stuck it in the fucking net.
Larry Boner
5   Posted 29/01/2011 at 16:17:59

The same Drogba who tried to get Fellaini sent off for an elbow, pathetic.
Brian Waring
6   Posted 29/01/2011 at 16:35:45

Yeah, can't understand it myself, the ref waved played on, we should of attacked.
Neil Vaughan
7   Posted 29/01/2011 at 16:48:08

I was screaming "PLAY ON!!!"... totally fucking unprofessional if you ask me ? especially after Webb had waved play on. Call him a cheating twat after they pick the ball out of the net.

If it had been the other way round... THEY would have carried on.
Mick Wrende
8   Posted 29/01/2011 at 17:01:39

Fucking hell - we played well but had 92 minutes to win the game before that incident. What the fuck has drogba rolling around got to do with the result - we cant score goals thats our problem so who gives a shit about drogba.
Tom Bowers
9   Posted 29/01/2011 at 17:00:46

We could have and should have won this game. Rodwell played really well and should now be kept in the side when Timmie returns.
My only question is,does nobody else know how to take a corner left or right.
Yes Bainsy laid it on for Louis but he got caught later on out of position when they scored. Surely a more forward player should be taking corners from the roght side?
Jon Beck
10   Posted 29/01/2011 at 17:20:28

I was bemused by that incident to say the least, not sure all the vitriol is justified though. It was only one player on the ball, others were available for a pass, making runs etc. To damn a fine performance for one dodgy moment is inappropriate.
Chris Meddins
11   Posted 29/01/2011 at 17:37:25

I think some people on here have problems..... what you going to moan about next the ball isn't round enough???
Rob Murphy
12   Posted 29/01/2011 at 17:36:44

Once again we play well but fail to win the game - getting a bit monotonous now...
Viv Sharma
13   Posted 29/01/2011 at 17:36:40

Guys, I see your point but this was not disgusting play from our boys. It is disgraceful play from a pathetic cheat. This REALLY needs to be reviewed by the FA. It's BLATANT cheating and should be a fine and an automatic 5-game ban.

We should have played on, but if you're angry, it should be at the deceiving selfish child spoiling the game, not how we react to her.

Mark Wayman
14   Posted 29/01/2011 at 18:28:56

Funny enough as it happened I completely overreacted and likely gave the neighbours a shock!

In the grand scheme of things it was a minor incident. We should have just played on, especially considering it was Drogba, maybe if he was laid out not moving we put it out, but not with him crying and rubbing his leg.

I would say he was a disgrace today, but he does it every game against every team. Maybe his ego is bruised thinking he will be the second best diver at the club when Torres becomes his teammate.
Lee Courtliff
15   Posted 29/01/2011 at 19:17:11

No, Gareth, I won't get over it! No killer instinct ? no success! Unless you include the fair play award of course.... that much sought after "trophy"!
ian brown
16   Posted 29/01/2011 at 19:33:36

We all no Drogba is a cheat, as i'm sure do our players, the frustrating thing is that he doesnt need to do it, he is a class act but has to act like a prick-see today.

Good performance today though, unlucky not to win, were can we find a good striker on a free?
Jamie Crowley
17   Posted 29/01/2011 at 20:13:21

Just posted on another thread:

I actually looked at 2 of my kids when we watched Drogba rolling around and told them if I ever saw them do that I'd pull them out of any game they played in instantaneously and embarass the shit out of them in front of everyone.

I then mumbled something about Drogba having no penis... and he should play in a co-ed league.

His displays are disgusting.

If i were on that pitch I swear it would have only taken about 2 minutes for my studs to find that guy's nuts. As I'm not sure he actually has any, I say this hypothetically.

That shit is exactly what makes soccer ugly. And we shoulda shown the man how to "man up" and someone should have sent a message that you don't pull horseshit like that when you play Everton.
Gavin Ramejkis
18   Posted 29/01/2011 at 20:20:31

It wasn't the only example of simulation today, their number 15 sprung up larazus like after a nothing challenge, Webb waved play on when Cashley Cole clattered Shameless Coleman yet when the ball finally went out of play not a fucking word. Saha got clattered and Webb had a word with him and not the cheating cunt that went to take him out. I expect nothing less from the so called profession refs of the "do FA about it" brigade. A much better display today let down by a momentary lapse of concentration, all in all the better team.
Tom Bowers
19   Posted 29/01/2011 at 22:26:15

Why is everyone moaning about Drogba?
He and many others act this way week in week out especially the non-British players and it's been like this ever since the Prem was an open league for them to ply their trade.
The problem lies with the authorities and the mandates the do/or don't give the referees.
The whole sickening scenes that are ruining our National game is down to the authorities for allowing it to continue to fester.
I just saw a re-run of the 1976 cup-final and never once saw any player clutch and grab another in the penalty area. Today referees turn a blind eye to it or at least penalise the attacking player rather than have the guts to call a penalty on the defender who is usually the first offender.
This is basically encouraging defenders to do it at will.
The point is obvious, Fifa, F.A. and football league get your house in order and rid the game of cheats like Drogba.
Andrew Lawrenson
20   Posted 29/01/2011 at 23:22:34

Drogba should be horse whipped to within a inch of his life
Steve Collins
21   Posted 30/01/2011 at 01:45:27

We didn't put the ball out on purpose. Distin tried a cross field pass that went out.

Drogba's a cheat but we did not give in to his bullsh*t we just wasted posession.
Les Martin
22   Posted 30/01/2011 at 05:43:22

Drogba is a whining wimp the first you would throw over the wall as you would not want him in the trenches with you. Great performance from our boys, "true grit" and so unlucky Bily looked slick and the business on the left , and Felliani was MOTM.
Leighton Cooper
23   Posted 30/01/2011 at 10:49:29

Terry gets away with murder too. I'm suprised more wasn't said of his challenge on Coleman in the Essein blocked shot attempt. Terry has lunged in and totaly wiped Coleman out a split second after he got his shot in. I know you can say there was an advantage but had Coleman knocked a 5-yard pass on the halfway line and Terry clattered him after it, the ref would have certainly brought it back and booked him.
Tim Spring
24   Posted 30/01/2011 at 09:35:31

Why as fans do we always revert to the negatives? We just played the best football we've played in weeks, against a strong, skillfull side and the only thing keeping us from winning was taking our chances.

Felliani is bossing things in midfield, Baines looked like life can and will go on without Pienaar and Saha is now putting the ball in the net.

After Arsenal, we've got Blackpool and Bolton ? both winnable games if we carry on playing like this. Who cares if Drogba is a cheat, I think we all know the result didn't depend on him rolling around in the 92nd minute!
Ian Campbell
25   Posted 30/01/2011 at 12:54:44

For me we're not clever enough.

For Chelsea's goal we were hit on counter attack and I was screaming for Coleman to take a booking. Just get in to Anelka (i think) and foul him.

Re-group, get numbers back and defend and don't concede!
Mark Browne
26   Posted 30/01/2011 at 13:24:43

Whilst Lee may have over-reacted, this incident shows the mindset of Everton in general ?- no killer instinct. This pervades the whole club and what should be worrying to the fans is that lack of killer instinct could be the difference between staying up and going down this season. I agree that if that was Man Utd, they would have pressed for a winner.

However, now that the dust has settled, I fear that whilst we may get a draw in the replay, we will go out on pens.
Daniel Hutchinson
27   Posted 30/01/2011 at 13:50:15

I agree. I had a similar problem against West Ham: We equalise, which I was clearly happy with, but there was still time left, and the players went off celebrating whilst the clock was ticking down.

We lack killer instinct in this case, that yes, we had brought it back twice, but we should have been going for the win. Fellaini should have picked that ball out of the net and ran to the centre circle urging the players to make one last attack to possibly put the game in our favour.

Moyes again ecstatic with a draw. Against West Ham as we came back, and against Chelsea as we held on.

This is not the case.
I am angry with both results as we are more than capable of beating them both.