Loans?

Aaron Ramsey. Kyle Walker. David Bentley. Roque Santa Cruz. Jermaine Jones. Gael Kakuta. Gai Assulin. John Carew. Wayne Bridge. Demba Ba.

And in all likelihood sometime today, Jamie O'hara and Stephen Ireland.

All players who have gone out on loan or free transfers in the last few weeks.

Am not saying all of them are good players but given our form and dwindling squad surely some of them could be useful options.

We have been told that there's no money and we are looking for loans. Given how many people have been going to other clubs it doesn't seem we have been looking that hard.

Apparently no-one is coming in before the window. Poor effort all round.

Sam Hoare, London     Posted 30/01/2011 at 12:16:46

Comments

Brian Waring
1   Posted 30/01/2011 at 15:51:40

Problem is Sam, we haven't even got the money to pay the wages of loan players who are available.
Matthew Williams
2   Posted 30/01/2011 at 15:55:03

Roque Santa Cruz would have been a real good signing, as would Bentley. I thought we were loaning out the like of Yobo and Yakubu so we would have spare money for wages; this does not seem to be the case.

I wonder how near administration we are...
Lee Courtliff
3   Posted 30/01/2011 at 15:50:27

Can't say I am that suprised, mate. I've kinda given up on us signing anyone (we have heard of). Even by our standards, letting Pienaar go to Spurs without getting one of their players in return was a damn shame. Keane, Bentley, Kranjcar, O'Hara... Anyone of those would have been a decent signing, even on loan.
Lance Manion
4   Posted 30/01/2011 at 16:03:38

I would add Vela to that list, I would have liked to see him come in till the end of the season.
Jamie Levitt
5   Posted 30/01/2011 at 16:02:58

I can't believe we made no attempt for the likes of Martins, Carew, Fuller and Muntari as well, any of which would have at the very least strengthened our squad and given us a bit of extra quality in attack. Very poor show.

At least if we end up going into administration, buyers could materialise, because obviously Bill isn't looking very hard.

Very disappointing.
Terry Downes
6   Posted 30/01/2011 at 16:09:37

Moyes has been blasted on here for everything but this time for me it's because he's a liar.

Since the window opened, he's been saying we need to freshen things up, there's money for a loan deal... maybe two.

Now it transpires there's no new signings coming in at all, I think he knew this all along and was just playing the fans for the idiots him and Bill take us for.... and before the pro-Moyes and pro-Kenwright fans say anything, the same words will be trotted out come summer.

I've had moyes down as a lot of things but never thought he would end up being a liar to the fans. Amazing what a big pay rise can buy...

Kunal Desai
7   Posted 30/01/2011 at 16:17:34

Terry you're right. Why did Moyes not say before the window opened there won't be any signings even loanees? What really has changed in a month. The bastard is on £65k a week just to play a double act with BK. I've lost all respect for this muppet. The pair of them should be shot (literally). Comment moderated for unnecessary language
Neil Patten
8   Posted 30/01/2011 at 16:19:32

This season is a complete write-off already. Maybe we are saving as much cash as possible to boost our summer budget? Offloading the the likes of Pienaar may contribute £3M and say £1M in wages + say £4M wages for the others towards the budget... or am I just a poor blindly optimistic fool?

We are just skint, aren't we...
Luke Brookfield
9   Posted 30/01/2011 at 16:28:33

You going to do the shooting Kunal... Behave yourself pal.
Ajay Gopal
10   Posted 30/01/2011 at 16:45:10

I think Moyes's stubborness ("We will only bring in players who we think will add quality to the squad" ... duh!) has more to do with not adding anybody than lack of funds. I really don't believe we are so skint as to be unable to afford a couple of loans.

On the other hand, we know that Moyes really begins to work well when he runs out of options. With two strikers and one key playmaker out, he is fast running out of options, isn't he? Whoppee, watch the season start now.....
Cliff Ross
11   Posted 30/01/2011 at 17:01:56

Kenal ? beave yourself, lad; we don't need that shite. That's way out of order, lad. I'm all for free speech but that's a total joke of a comment.
Gareth Humphreys
12   Posted 30/01/2011 at 17:05:17

Well if the latest rumour is right that Moyes has tended his resignation and the board are deciding if to accept it or not is true you lot may get your wish. I think it will be catastrophic as we haven't been this reliant on a manager since Kendal Mk 1.
Gavin Ramejkis
13   Posted 30/01/2011 at 17:04:23

Luke, it would take BK's pulse to stop before he'll leave.
Steve Guy
14   Posted 30/01/2011 at 17:12:43

Gareth, where did you hear that rumour?!!
Sean McKenna
15   Posted 30/01/2011 at 17:11:08

Gavin, where did you hear this rumour? The flip side to that is, if Moyes does resign, the pro-Moyes fans will be up in arms and maybe they will kick up stink and get this fake chairman out of our club.
Paul McGinty
16   Posted 30/01/2011 at 17:13:32

Kunil 7, if the editor is not going to give you a red card for your last comment, you might want to consider some anger management therapy.
Brian Waring
17   Posted 30/01/2011 at 17:22:39

Gareth, not being funny, but why would Moyes want to resign from one of the safest jobs in football, and a salary that puts him amongst the highest paid managers in the Prem?
Gareth Humphreys
18   Posted 30/01/2011 at 17:32:57

Brian, that's exactly what I said to the lad who sent it to me. Apparently it's from Tony Hibbert - can't see it myself.
Ian McDowell
19   Posted 30/01/2011 at 17:42:56

To be honest I never thought we would sign anybody. I'm surprised we let 3 players go though.

There has been some good players available who would have been good additions to the squad. bentley and Muntari would have been great for the midfield.

I don't believe Moyes would resign and I wouldn't want him too.
Christopher Marston
20   Posted 30/01/2011 at 18:04:23

I'm disgusted we haven't signed anyone.
James Carroll
21   Posted 30/01/2011 at 18:13:50

Robbie Keane has now definitely gone to West Ham on loan. Why not us?

Does this mean Neville stays? Is this good ? or bad news?

I think Robbie would have been worth a shot ? he seems to be a personality who would lift the place, too. Shame.

Cliff Ross
22   Posted 30/01/2011 at 18:29:46

Thank fuck that redshite reject didn't come.
Steve Foster
23   Posted 30/01/2011 at 18:40:23

Sorry, but that is it! WTF!!!!! No Signings, not even a loan, and I have a sneaky feeling that come this time tomorrow even more (Neville) will be out the door.

This is a disgrace! Total disgrace!

I think the least we can expect is an open and honest statement from our Chairman explaining why.

What can we do? Seriously, no-one go the next home game? We can't carry on like this........
Gareth Morgan
24   Posted 30/01/2011 at 18:51:12

I wish Betty tipped a hotpot on the swine at birth.
Dennis Stevens
25   Posted 30/01/2011 at 18:44:32

I suspect Moyes has been advised he no longer has even the limited room for manouvre he thought he had when the window opened.
Anthony Hawkins
26   Posted 30/01/2011 at 18:46:54

The last summer transfer window should have been a clear sign to everyone that the club had no cash. Just how much money did we spend in the summer on new players? next to bugger all. Now players are being sold. Something is definitely NOT right.

In the event Moyes has handed in his notice I wouldn't blame the bloke at all and I fear for the clubs future as no one will want to take on managing at a club with a threadbare squad and no money to make it their own.

As much as BK says he loves the club he can not love it that much if he's willing to let it go to the wall as he is.
Lance Manion
27   Posted 30/01/2011 at 19:19:21

I can't believe we couldn't afford wages for a loan signing, there had to be something available from the Piennar deal surely.

And if we truly don't have anything in the pot, why the fuck have we bid ?250k on a Greek youngster?

The jokers running this club hurt my life!
Andy Riley
28   Posted 30/01/2011 at 19:29:56

For what it may be worth, there is a thread on NSNO suggesting that DM and BK had a massive row before the West Ham game. The source is alleged to be local journalist Dave Prentice. Don't know if it's true but it could be linked to the rumour from Gareth Humphreys above.
Mark Griffiths
29   Posted 30/01/2011 at 19:27:41

These stories make me laugh!

Why would Tony Hibbert (by the way, I cannot see any of the players knowing this info if it were true) tell anyone something so private?

DM will not resign, period.

As for the transfers, yeah it's a disgrace and something stinks here.

As I any many others on this website have said, it's not so much that we don't have money, it's more to do with the fact that we are lied to and kept in the dark, just come out and be honest!
Neil Humphreys
30   Posted 30/01/2011 at 19:48:21

Sorry, I've been away for the last week ? I've been searching for news 24-7. Do you mean that we haven't landed 3 quality loan stars that were promised?

Did anything come of the protest pre-Chelski that was mooted?!
Trevor Lynes
31   Posted 30/01/2011 at 20:01:43

Loan players are ones that are surplus to their club's requirements or youngsters put out to gain playing time experience. I don't want Keane as he is finished at the top and a signing like that would be a poor replacement for losing Pienaar and Gosling, both through gross mismanagement.

DM will not resign unless he already has a job in the offing... he has one of the safest jobs in the league as he is in a no-lose situation: he cannot be blamed if we get relegated because he has had no monetary support and he has a good contract on a good salary.

I read all the gossip in the faint hope that players are already secretly in the pipeline but I am pretty sure it's a vain wait. We have gone back steadily and I cannot see anything changing!!

Jamie Sweet
32   Posted 30/01/2011 at 20:31:14

If Moyes does resign, that should free up some wages to bring in a loan signing. Hope he gets a move on and doesn't dither!
Dave Lynch
33   Posted 30/01/2011 at 20:35:30

I have honestly had enough now!

I am not joking here when I say I could cry over the state of the club.

I feel hollow.
Chris Leyland
34   Posted 30/01/2011 at 20:56:39

How do you know Moyes hasn't tried to sign any of the above people on loan ? only to be told they don't want to come, they want megas in salary etc?

How do we know Moyes "lied" when he said he wanted to bring new people in and there was money for a loan deal? Maybe he was told this by BK and it transpired it wasn't the case?

Do we honestly beileve that Moyes thinks it is great to let players leave and not replace them and this is actually his transfer strategy?

Point is ? we are skint, end of. Our chairman is a busted flush. The vast majority of income goes on wage costs every year. We do not have massive gates i.e. we are 10th in terms of average attendance in the Prem and our prices are still amongst the cheapest so this means less revenue. We don't have great corporate (i.e. money-making facilities) 12 executive boxes. We aren't in the Champions League so don't get the revenues from that, and we are not really a global brand compared to other clubs.
Ian McDowell
35   Posted 30/01/2011 at 21:11:32

Dave Lynch ? I know how you feel.
Kieran Kinsella
36   Posted 30/01/2011 at 21:15:08

I am going to start supporting Arsenal instead.
Gavin Ramejkis
37   Posted 30/01/2011 at 21:08:49

Chris (#34) ? I could understand if maybe it was Bentley or Adebayor or Keane and saying we can't afford the wages but to make some PR crap for Dier, who'll never play first team football for us, or some Greek kid (no disrespect but again nowhere near first team quality) yet not go for Hammill, who would be a reasonable cheap punt at £600k, then you know something somewhere is seriously wrong.
John Shaw
38   Posted 30/01/2011 at 21:16:59

I've been a big critic of DM this season (tactics, formations etc) but one thing I would hang my hat on is that he would not lie to the fans, I reckon he's as straight as they come. There's only one liar at our club and it certainly isn't the manager.

I honestly believe a lot goes on behing the scenes that we never become aware of, I definitely think Moyes has had battles with Black Bill and the Board in recent years and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he, like us, has also had enough of the shite from the Boardroom ? I know I have.

A mentor of mine always told me that it is far easier to try and change while on the inside than the outside; this, allied to the fact that I believe Moyes is genuinely proud to be the manager of our great club, is probably why he is still there after the constant lies, lack of support and absence of genuine direction over the last nine years.

As anybody who is / has been a senior manager, in any profession ? not just football, will know, at times when things aren't going quite right you look to YOUR manager for support and sometimes a bit of guidance, all I can say is that I'm glad that on the few occasions that has happened to my I didn't look and find somebody like Kenwright! He has hung Moyes out to dry, as always when the going gets tough, the man's a shithouse of the first degree!!
Mark Wayman
39   Posted 30/01/2011 at 22:03:04

I honestly believe that Moyes/The Board thought we would get Landon Donovan back, and this would appease the fans.

He can fill a variety of roles, knew the squad and the fans loved him. Plus, he was cheap-ish.

For all the talk of how great our form was last season, it was between January and March that we were playing good stuff, victories over Chelsea and Man Utd, his pace made a difference. After he left we stuttered.

Although I don't agree with a lot of the names mentioned on loan being good for the club, we obviously need fresh faces. I'll assume Moyes didn't rate Hammill.

Moyes was quite blunt with the "no" when asked about new players arriving, but maybe he is keeping his cards close to his chest... I said maybe ;)
Gavin Ramejkis
40   Posted 30/01/2011 at 22:14:17

Mark, I think Moyes is being straight as a die: when he said "No", he meant No. Maybe he didn't rate Hammill but had him watched... did he seriously have Dier watched? And this Greek kid from a lower Greek league side?
Rob Hollis
41   Posted 30/01/2011 at 22:05:14

Has this club ever actually been run properly since John Moores? I doubt it.

We have been in decline for years and, despite my comments earlier this season, I have come to realise that David Moyes has actually done rather well.

We are a branch of Netto trying to compete with Harrods.
Brian Murphy
42   Posted 30/01/2011 at 22:11:47

The story I'm hearing is that we have to raise £9 mill between January and the summer just to meet loan demands and generally just bloody keep things ticking over at club. So... £3 mill for Pienaar, plus his wages = 4 mill. Another mill for Yak's wages = 5 mill.

Vaughan's on what? Maybe £10k per week so that's another £250k off. So who is gona be next? I know we haven't a pot to piss in but how the he'll has it come to this?

John Shaw
43   Posted 30/01/2011 at 22:19:28

Mark (39) ? I think at the start of January, DM honestly thought he would be able to bring in a couple of new faces, loan or otherwise; however, as the month has gone on and the situation with the club's finances has changed (see Colin F's comment on the Damning Facts article), the position has changed and the rug has been pulled from under his feet, again!
Chris Jones
44   Posted 30/01/2011 at 22:31:05

It's taken me a long time to get off the fence when it comes to BK, but the last few weeks have seen the penny drop with me at last. I've criticised Moyes a lot for his dithering and his negativity, but when you balance out the way the team played yesterday against what's going on behind the scenes, there is definitely only one villain in this piece. BK has got to go.
Tom Bowers
45   Posted 30/01/2011 at 22:53:22

When I first heard that Donovan wasn't coming back,, I was somewhat curious as, by all accounts, he had a great time last year. Now, having seen all the quality players moving around on loan and none to Everton, I know for sure something isn't kosher at Goodison. We must have wages available after the departure of Yak and Pienaar, followed by Vaughan.

I cannot believe that a crackin player like O'hara hasn't been sounded out.

West Ham are snapping up players and they were already as strong as us judging on 2 games already against them.

It has to be something about Moyes that nobody is interested ? if indeed we have made some enquiries at all.

Mark Wayman
46   Posted 30/01/2011 at 23:55:14

I was just looking at another site (think it was called "Dixie60"). There is a direct quote on there from Kenwright taken after the friendly with Everton Chile, saying he hoped Moyes would be bringing in another three players!

That was July/August. Moyes mentioned three quality players were needed before the latest transfer window opened.

So, if it wasn't obvious already the club know we need players in. The point being, er, I don't know to be honest. Just torturing ourselves on here aren't we.
Chad Schofield
47   Posted 30/01/2011 at 22:23:56

John #38, for my money, you're spot on. While I bemoan Moyes's apparent lack of in-game ambition, his honesty I would not question. He must be reaching the end of his tether though...
Frank McGregor
48   Posted 31/01/2011 at 01:21:00

From all the listed players being mentioned by the posters, there is really not much to pick from to strengthen the team on a loan basis so why carry more players just like you have seating on the bench?

David Moyes said, "I will only bring players in to improve or strengthen the squad," so he is probably correct in not bringing in anyone at this point. We all know we require a goal-scoring centre-forward, right-side midfield and back-up for Baines... and at this time there is nothing available. I believe there is no point in getting worked up and disappointed ? just let Moyes do what he feels is right.

Eric Myles
49   Posted 31/01/2011 at 07:55:58

Don't despair, we've got until midnight tonight.

BK has been looking 24/7 for some spare change down the back of his couch.

Watch this space.

Kenwright OUT!
Mike Rourke
50   Posted 31/01/2011 at 08:54:44

Kunal

So you think they should be shot (literally) because of their performances in the business of football.

Perhaps you only smack your missus around a little bit when she fails to butter your toast up to the edges.

Total dickhead.

You know it must be the OTT abusive idiots like yourself that keeps so many Evertonians in support of Kenwright.

I want Kenwright gone. I'm all for protests, placards, banners, chants, sack the board etc; but I'm not going to go down the route of vile abuse, it weakens the argument and must turn-off the majority of wavering/moderate fans who can see the mismanagement going on at the club but want nothing to do with the kind of rancid morons that feel like shooting the chairman and manager.
Tony Waring
51   Posted 31/01/2011 at 09:55:24

Hear, hear, Mike Rourke.
Leighton Cooper
52   Posted 31/01/2011 at 10:18:48

So what did Kunal say then?? Its been edited!
Christopher Marston
53   Posted 31/01/2011 at 10:58:26

Off the subject but what we don't win in games we win in the good looking stakes... Vellios, the greek lad is truly hunky... the new Jamie Redknapp! About time we signed a pin-up!!
Mike Hughes
54   Posted 31/01/2011 at 10:58:35

#41 Rob Hollis - You mean the John Moores who sold Alan Ball?
Jimmy Hacking
55   Posted 31/01/2011 at 11:38:17

I don't really have anything constructive to add, but I will be livid if we do not sign at LEAST two players by midnight.
Mark Griffiths
56   Posted 31/01/2011 at 11:52:11

According to SSN via the Star (yeah I know, I would believe Kenwright before them!) we are still trying to land Eagles?

But the player himself has now said it's between the two clubs and we will see today??

My head is in a spin at the moment, not sure what to believe, although my head tells me we will not sign a button in the next 11 hours.

Just on another note, the Shite have had a £30M bid rejected for a Carroll? Football has gone crazy for sure... £30M for him?! Now that is a joke!
Ernie Baywood
57   Posted 31/01/2011 at 12:21:03

First time in a long time I won't be following the deadline day news. No point.

Liverpool fans whining about Torres while signing Suarez for £24M and offering £30M for Carroll. Honestly, they don't fuckin know they're born. A day from administration and now they're brewstered. Kills me.

I don't need us to have hundreds of millions... but surely there is a cut out there for us.
Alex Gibney
58   Posted 31/01/2011 at 12:26:29

Kunal ? I admire your passion but your remark is completely out of order.

And as for the insinuation that Moyes is in collusion with BK, well that is just preposterous. Moyes has said all along that we have no money and any signings would be loans. He even went so far as to say that any links to player purchases were way off the mark as we don't have any money. He also went on to say that we desperately need investment or "we will stand still."

I admit some of his tactics are defensive but in the main think he has done a great job. His net spend is minimal. I, like all of us, want improvement and am fed up with the lack of money but that is not Moyes's fault. COYB

Craig Walker
59   Posted 31/01/2011 at 12:29:35

I heard a rumour that Moyes said that we needed some new faces around the place and Neville asked whether he could have one.
Jason Thomas
60   Posted 31/01/2011 at 12:20:07

Eagles in. Pips to Spurs and Billy to Sven. Finances sorted! Soooooooooooo depresed!
Sam Hoare
61   Posted 31/01/2011 at 12:56:50

Martins to Birmingham on loan. Another striker missed out on...

Can't help but watch the transfer window shutting with a strong feeling of dejection.
Alan Rooney
62   Posted 31/01/2011 at 13:09:46

Craig Walker #59. Brilliant. Reading all these negative comments was so depressing until then!
Chris Fisher
63   Posted 31/01/2011 at 13:28:53

Out Yakubu, Vaughan, Pienaar.
In Unknown Apostolos Vellios.

Fuck off everyone at Everton, you bunch of pricks.

Christopher Marston
64   Posted 31/01/2011 at 13:45:03

"I wouldn't say we've been unlucky, we made it clear early on what we would be doing," he added.

David Moyes today said this regarding the lack of transfers in January. He is a liar is he not?! I'm sure he told the fans there would be 1 or even 2 loan signings!
Kevin Gillen
65   Posted 31/01/2011 at 13:58:30

I get so excited on transfer deadline days. I bet Goodison and Finch Farm are awash with phonecalls and speculation. I just know we are going to pull off 2-3 major signings. "Watch this Space!"

By the way, I am still fighting my compulsory treatment order.

Paul Withe
66   Posted 31/01/2011 at 14:09:09

So Moyes has been quoted as saying he "can't even say he is trying to bring anyone in" ? well, why the hell not? I can't believe what is going on (or not going on) at the club now... joke.
Trevor Lynes
67   Posted 31/01/2011 at 14:01:50

Chris Fisher .... you forgot about Gosling and Yobo plus a number of our youngsters also out on loan or away!! Rats and sinking ships come to mind !!

DM definitely said he would be bringing in two or three loan players but he also forgot that he also promised that Pienaar would be KEPT and to let his contract run down rather than sell him in January....

DM has now become the lying voice of BK for his extra few handfuls of silver... JUDAS money!!

Mark Griffiths
68   Posted 31/01/2011 at 14:26:04

Just watched Moyes interview, he looks completely fucked off to say the least!

Something is not right!

Sturridge to Bolton FFS!

Everywhere you look, transfers ? apart from us; what has happened to this great club!?!
Kunal Desai
69   Posted 31/01/2011 at 14:52:19

Okay okay! My statement was below the belt, it was said in the heat of the moment. Slap my wrist for that. However, Moyes said before the window we'll only be working in the loans markets and a month later nothing.

Seriously 3 players gone out the door and no one is, what really is going on at this club. It's slowly dying by the day.

Chris Fisher
70   Posted 31/01/2011 at 15:20:59

Trevor Lynes.... Yeah you're right, I should've added them as well, I was trying to just keep to the January transfer window to make myself slightly less angry and depressed!!