The Golden Age of Protest

Having read much on this site last week about the dissatisfaction and unrest of Evertonians, things started to get interesting as the week went by. I read with interest that a development of showing fans' angst had led to the first orgainised public protest gathering mooted for 11:30 at the Park End prior to the Chelsea game. Indeed there was mention on BBC Merseyside at the start of the phone-in and it was clear by the guy chairing it (and, by the way, what a relief we were free of Alan 'Partridge' Jackson for the day) that he was aware of people not being happy and some protest was to have been taking place.

Obviously I was unable to be at the game or protest so was relying on radio to keep me informed. I did hear something to the effect on one of the caller's that the protest 'was cancelled'?? Can anyone update please on what did or didn't happen?

One last thing was during the commentary they did make reference to the fact that Bill Kenwright was leaving his seat to disappear down the tunnel which was about 10/15 mins before the game ended. I wondered then if he had been met by some protest prior to the game and was getting off to avoid further follwing the final whistle?

Any updates on events would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Chris Hockenhull, Waterloo     Posted 31/01/2011 at 10:21:42

Comments

Simon Jenkins
1   Posted 31/01/2011 at 14:07:48

Got to the ground early and walked by the Park End Stand at around 11:30am. No sign of any protest at all. The only thing going on there was some promotional thing where two fellas were getting random people to write 'Good luck Everton' messages on bits of FA Cup-branded pieces of paper, which they then stuck on a makeshift notice board.

I don't think any protest will actually happen until Moyes goes, sadly, because by then it will be too late.
Norman Merrill
2   Posted 31/01/2011 at 14:10:18

On Saturday, I arrived at Goodison at 11:35 and made my way to the Park End, just by the car park on the corner, by gate numbers 69/71 onwards, There was a number of response team stewards in yellow jackets, and a small number of police scattered around.

Kenwright arrived about the same time in his car, and before leaving the car park signed autographs for a small number of fans outside the car park, he then made his way into the ground, the only shout in his direction I heard was *What times is Lionel arriving" which did raise a smile from the chairman.

Just then, Gary Neville entered the car park with one of his sons, and he made his way in...

So no sign of any anti-Kenwright activity.

Kevin Gillen
3   Posted 31/01/2011 at 14:19:46

There was a protest by approximately 12,000 Evertonians on Saturday as the gate was only 28,000. This is the most effective form of protest.
Tony Hughes
4   Posted 31/01/2011 at 14:55:34

So Black Bill stopped to sign autographs? Says a lot about the mentality of those `fans` that wanted his autograph, imo!
Tony Doran
5   Posted 31/01/2011 at 15:05:00

Someone should get him to write an autograph on a blank cheque.
Phil Bellis
6   Posted 31/01/2011 at 15:16:31

I got my cushion signed so he'll know where it came from when I lob it at him.
Gavin Ramejkis
7   Posted 31/01/2011 at 15:33:54

Chris BK always leaves early so he can get back to London, the day Shrek scored his goal past David Seaman he had already left the ground and missed it, if you ever hear him come up with some bullshitism about that goal he'd have to admit he saw it second hand on TV.
Eugene Ruane
8   Posted 31/01/2011 at 15:34:28

I'll sign my cushion as well Phil and write 'you fucking bullshitting hopeless, smirking minge-bag' so he'll know why as well as who.
John Roberts
9   Posted 31/01/2011 at 16:02:29

Protest!!? Don't make Billy Liar laugh! Guttless lambs to slaughter are few things that spring to mind about us Evertonians at present! He must of laughed all the way down the M6/M1 to his London hideaway!!

If we want to see how protests are done, look at the shower of gobshites across the park!! SITTING HERE looking to Sky Sports for transfer news!! ...and??? ? yep, you got it ? silence!!

Don't let Moyes kid us because there's lots of loan signing hapening! Yep they might not be of best quality but at this time we need bodies, especially forwards!!!

WE NEED TO LET THE BOARD KNOW OUR FEELING NOW! STARTING AT THE BLACKPOOL GAME!!

KENWRIGHT OUT!!

David S Shaw
10   Posted 31/01/2011 at 16:24:50

The protest involved many people seeing if there was a protest.

Of course if everyone does that then there is no one there to protest.

If there was a small hardcore then more would have joined in.

Everyone just waiting for someone else to be part of the hardcore
Nelaj Behajiha
11   Posted 31/01/2011 at 16:36:16

Lets organise it for the Sunderland game instead as we will be able to get more fans.
Ste Traverse
12   Posted 31/01/2011 at 16:59:01

Fans asking for an autograph off a useless gobshite who is wrecking this club. Words fail me.
Andrew Lawrenson
13   Posted 31/01/2011 at 17:02:28

I have just sent a cheque to Everton for 600 million pounds.....ok it will bounce but at least I am trying
Andy Crooks
14   Posted 31/01/2011 at 18:13:13

I'd love to know who in God's name wants the autograph of Bill Kenwright.
David Thomas
15   Posted 31/01/2011 at 18:32:02

Chris,

There was no protest before, during or after the game. It was just talk on a few websites that spread, but had no substance to it at all.
John Audsley
16   Posted 31/01/2011 at 18:40:19

For a cheap laugh a few years ago i emailed the club and asked for a signed photo of BK for my wife as since that Andrew Lloyd Webber shite on the bbc (when blue bill was a judge!!) she had fallen in love with him

Liz was royally fucked off about this but suprisingly i got a short reply from our wonderful PR dept that said "Mr Audsley, we do not supply signed photos of Mr William Kenwright"

No sorry or owt

What a chance missed i said

Probably too busy signing bounching cheques
Chris Hockenhull
17   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:56:45

Thank you all for updating me and I guess others. It's getting beyond a joke now on Deadline night. A sI write this at a few minutes to 9pm its just been announced that Redknapp has just been qouted on Sky that there is a chance that Phil Neville wiill be joining them (Spurs) tonight. Forget what you think of the played but that could be 4 out and none in. Moyes earlier tonight was quoted saying neville aint going so WHAT IS GOING ON??? KENWRIGHT HAS TO BE ASKED FOR FAR MORE THAN HIS WORTHLESS AUTOGRAPH. Enough is enough
Mark Wayman
18   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:38:30

Maybe the people asking for Kenwright's autograph were elderly Corrie fans? Just a thought.

I haven't felt so depressed about our club for a long time.
Russell Buckley
19   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:12:38

I live too far away to join in any protests or anti board activity. But I simply can't understand why nothing has happended yet.

Its

There are some song lyrics "sway to the symphony of destruction"

It appears thats exactly what the average Evertonian is doing at the moment. The club is being abused by Kenwright. Our premier league rivals are all moving forward, generating more and more money, developing better squads, signing big commercial deals etc.

Kenwright bought into the club and has invested next to nothing while selling off every asset we have and outsourcing all our services. He has failed to effectively support his manager when you look at how much board money has gone into players.

It scares the shit out of me to think where this club would be without David Moyes. When is enough enough people. Does Moyes need to resign or do we need to move down to the Championship before we take action.

Dick Fearon
20   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:11:13

Russell, #19, Is it possible that you have been swayed by the anti-BK venom spewed day after day ad nauseum all over TW. I sometimes wonder if this is a site is for Everton supporters or a graveyard of hope.
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
21   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:23:21

That's right, Dick. Blame us. Very intelligent.

Or have you possibly considered for just a fleeting moment that it's how a number of concerned Evertonians actually feel ? of their own volition?

In fact, when you stop and think about it, what a fucking condescending, obnoxious piece of supercilious shite to come out with.

Russell Buckley
22   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:43:45

I?m not easily swayed. Fair enough a random toffee has a head start on most strangers but I?m big enough and ugly enough to look figure things out for myself. I?m not some innocent 15-year-old who refuses to see anything wrong with the club. Out of all the random Everton websites, I?d comfortably say that ToffeeWeb members are the most analytical.

I take most comments with a grain of salt so I haven?t developed my frustration from reading other people's views. Time to take the blinkers off and actually look at the track record of how this club has been managed. The facts speak for themselves.

My frustration comes because I want to see this club move forward. I?m not expecting us to win the league but we are sliding backwards at the moment.

If you still think I?ve been swayed have a go at convincing me that everything is ok. I?d like to hear it.

Jim Lloyd
23   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:37:10

Michael, you should not beat around the bush!

I suppose all Evertonians have the right to a point of view but #20 appears to say "If you dare to criticise our beloved chairman (or, even worse, Spew Venom at him) you are no Evertonian."

In fact, according to #20, any blue who dares to worry about the future of our club under the stewardship of the present chairman, is guilty of high treason and of spreading demoralising doom mongering. Probably punishable by the immediate removal of one's season ticket. If this is the case, please, please, please find me guilty and take my season ticket away.

The "graveyard of hope" that #20 so adroitly accuses anyone who criticises Kenwright of, is there almost every fortnight for any fan to see. It's called Goodison Park and it's run by a bunch of Charlatans.

David Cornmell
24   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:55:01

@ Dick Fearon {Post 20}

Oh yes, everyone is incapable of thinking for themselves except you!

"I sometimes wonder if this is a site is for Everton supporters or a graveyard of hope" ? To be honest, it's actually both.

Everything Michael said to you times two.
Liu Weixian
25   Posted 01/02/2011 at 02:43:24

Andy (#14),

You can use the paper with Kenwright's autograph on it as toilet paper. I, for one, would love to wipe my ass with it.
Andy Callan
26   Posted 02/02/2011 at 09:48:12

Let's all stay away from the Blackpool game and show them all that we're fuckin' sick of it.

What's the fucklin' point?