Boy, Moyes looks fed up

I just watched Moyes on Sky. Asked about transfers his icy glare said it all. I hope that journo who asked him was paid well!

Moyes looked like he'd lost a tenner and then got home to find his house had burnt down and his wife had run off with the milkman.

I feel genuinely sorry for him; carrying the weight of our expectations whilst being hogtied by Kenwright. The latter should have been answering the journo, not Moyes. Instead, Davie looks across the Park at a bloke who's only been in the job five minutes (and bottled it first time round under much more benign conditions than Moyes has had to contend with) splashing stupid amounts of money on a Geordie piss head.

I think it's a big ask to see Moyes stayiing beyond the Summer. He and we already know, more of the family silver (Rodwell minimum) will have to be sold to allow Bill to stay snug in his seat in the Main Stand.

I used to think Bill was at worst an eccentric, but I have now realised he is cynical beyond belief and has allowed one of the best managers of his generation to become disillusioned with just about everything to do with life at Everton; so long as he can keep popping up every now and then to do his Cheshire cat impressions for the cameras...
Steve Guy, Harrogate     Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:16:47

Comments

1   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:48:15

There is the link. He will be gone at the end of the season and who can blame him. He must be the most bored manager in the league tonight.
John Audsley
2   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:46:35

Its the saddest Transfer Window i can remember and thats saying something

We are the biggest joke in the Prem at the moment

Reckon the summer will be worse at this rate

And the daftest thing is WE ALL keep checkin the news JUST INCASE
3   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:49:06

I also heard today that Rodwell wants out and that if he doesn't start getting picked more regularly, he will be off.
Matty Dawkins
4   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:57:37

Its so sad, so fucking sad.
Mike Prendergast
5   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:58:56

This Transfer window is mad! It must be scrapped, before it kills the league.
John Ford
6   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:54:13

'Deep depression from the man on the window ledge'

There have been transfer windows before, inevitably theres a sense that we're missing something (or someone!), but we've not always needed players and its easy to get carried away with the nonesense and hype, esp on final day. This time its different. Its irritating because we need new players more than the teams actually doing business. This time we really are missing out.

Tom Bowers
7   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:54:44

It's hard to take. Just when I thought we had finally caught up with Liverpool we are left gazing out of the transfer window empty handed and they are swooping for Suarez,Carroll and whoever else in the next couple of hours. Our squad is so strong must be Moyes stance and we don't need anyone except a couple of youngsters for the future who probably won't see the light of day in the first team for a few years knowing Moyes. We are struggling to win games and Cahill is injured again so what can we expect for the rest of the season,more of the same old crap and excuses. Good riddance Moyes and Kenright (in advance)
David Hallwood
8   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:57:28

I think Moyes has been given subtle hints that he's not happy about the lack of money for some time, even the 'incredible draw' comment that winds Michael Kenrick up, is actually a complaint about lack of a decent transfer budget. Watched the interview and he looks seriously pissed off-another £75k saving in the very near future perhaps
Dave Lynch
9   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:50:09

I posted last night that i felt. "Hollow".
Didn't think i could feel any worse to be honest but the longer the day goes on the more gut wrenching it gets.
How on gods green earth has it come to this. Liverpool, bankrupt less than a couple of months ago now spending massive amounts of money. Blackpool for fucks sake spending cash and Sunderland buying quality players.
I feel like jibbing the whole fucking thing in.
Kevin Dillon
10   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:00:36

I agree Mike. We are supposed to be trying to climb out of the worst recession in living memory, and yet +£100m has been "pledged" just today, never mind all the loan salaries. I'm no KB apologist ( far from it) but I wonder how some of his peers at other clubs can sleep at night - they must be sailing close to the wind financially.
Chris Jones
11   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:00:35

Gutted for him. Although Davey gets on my tits at times, I have total sympathy for him. Yes, he earns great money to do a job that we'd all love, but the lad cares passionately and you know he would give just as much of a shit, even if it was a Sunday under 11s team. You can see the pain and stress in his eyes. BK has got a lot to answer for - I can't believe so many of us have been taken for a ride for so long. The end is nigh...
David Hallwood
12   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:01:37

sorry that should read 'giving subtle hints'-the keyboard skill just get better
Robert Daniels
13   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:04:40

Some daft twat will come on in a minute defending Talkshite!
14   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:01:36

To think Tom, we were taking the piss out of the redshite not so long ago.

I mentioned on another thread that obviously they have paid way over the odds for Carroll, I reckon £20m would have been a good investment in a young lad with huge potential to be one of the best, would loved to have seen someone like him at Everton.

John Shaw
15   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:02:21

Steve,

I posted this earlier on a different thread:

"I was watching todays pre match interview with Moyes on Sky earlier and apart from looking completely pissed off, the interviewer asked him, amongst other things "will anybody else be leaving before the deadline?" Moyes gave him the 1000 yard stare and retorted "No, not as far as I am aware!"

"Not as far as I am aware", does this suggest that he didn't want to lose the players he has recently?

I wonder !!"

It has just been on Sky that Awry thinks it is still possible Pip will be a Spurs player by the end of tonight !!

If this is the case and it transpires, it would not surprise me if Moyes throws his hand in, and I can't blame him one bit !!
Sean Keigher
16   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:58:29

This is bad, very bad. I can see Moyes gone by March if results don't improve.

Where is our Chairman now?

We deserve answers.

Step up to the plate and be a man for once in your life, Kenright
Karl Jones
17   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:49:16

Judging by tonight, every club (bar City, United & Chelsea) are prone to sell the family silver if the price is right.All these deals are due to the clubs concerned receiving ridiculous amounts of money for their players.
£35,000,000 for Carroll. what a joke! thet'll be lucky to get 10 million for him in a couple of years. Crouch would have been better. We are seeing everything thats wrong with football tonight.
Hugh Jorgan
18   Posted 31/01/2011 at 20:59:38

3 Anthony Jarras

Anthony; please name your sources and their veracity . Comments like yours without any reference to source or reliability of source are
meaningless drivel at best. Why do you make these things up or did you get it from a man in the pub. FFS
19   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:06:07

The worst part about it all is that we couldn't even put the Pienaar money and the loan fees received for Yakubu and Vaughan towards our own loan signing/s.

WHY?
John Shaw
20   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:07:24

Karl (16) sorry but I disagree, both Torres and Carroll put transfer requests in, what is it we all say about if a player doesn't want to play for you??

Also, the number of loan deals that have been done is considerable, however we couldn't even compete for any of those, a very sorry state of affairs indeed !!
David Thomas
21   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:08:42

Hugh,

I can guarantee its meaningless drivel
Jamie Tulacz
22   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:04:10

I'd say that interview's a less than subtle hint. That's a man who looks seriously pissed off with his lot. Can't say I blame him, things have gone beyond a joke. We've offloaded at least £100k per week with Yak and Pienaar going, plus around £5m in fees, and yet nothing.

Bad joke..
John Audsley
23   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:10:43

Its a pity we aint got a Live Transfer Forum thingy like the last window

who can forgot Angry Ho!!!
24   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:08:20

Hugh Jorgan FFS state your real name you plumb!

My friend in Uni went to school with him in Birkdale High and no, I won't name her on here, that would be silly now wouldn't it?

What's the problem? It is something he has said and anyway, why would this be so unbelievable? The lad is English and let's face it, if he can't get in our struggling side and has as much faith in the clubs future as we do, why would he stay?

NO, I did not 'make it up' and how would I benefit from such a thing?
Ian Barker
25   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:09:54

We have saved/ made about 6 milion this window- being half fees and half wgaes saved- roughly. Could be more.

The fact that none of this has been released is a real sign of the financial trouble we are in.

It appears this goes deepers than 'dithering Moyes' or Bill being tight. Its a sign of real financial trouble that the club is in- which is not only a scary prospect for this season but for the next one and the one after that.
26   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:12:41

Ps. I said I had 'heard' it and never said 'he said' it.
Dick Fearon
27   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:10:57

Moyes must be in a state of shock, Not long ago he was quoted as saying the January window is usually a quiet period for inter club deals.
Oh' Yeah!
Robert Daniels
28   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:13:28

Just for the record, I know a friend of Rodwell's mother, and she said his mum has gone quiet on talking about Jack and Everton.

As if there is something going on!
Colin Prendergast
29   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:16:57

Anthony #3 re: Rodwell. If that is true, he could do with picking his game up when he does play rather than getting ideas above his station. Yes, he's got promise but he needs to start fulfilling it.
Ian Barker
30   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:14:26

Moyes has always been the main man- involved heavily in the club. Its almost sad to hear when asked is there anyone else going him saying 'not that i know of' its almost a anything is possible at the moment attitude that suggests he is not in total control!
Tim Spring
31   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:15:41

Dan Sturridge has just gone to Bolton on loan until the end of the season. He could have been a good addition to our threadbare squad. I can't see Moyes sticking this out much longer!
Neil Patten
32   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:07:44

I was saying at the Stoke game that I thought this was the end for Moyes. Something has not been right for a while. The whole team looks really stale (Pienaar implied as much in an interview this week).

I honestly cannot see Moyes staying beyond August. BK cannot provide 50m to excite Moyes so the only option is to tread water or leave surely?

The squad has real quality but this season has been an absolute disaster and Moyes must surely be thinking that he has given it his best shot?

If he walked now no one would blame him. We can only hope that they are stocking up on cash with saved wages for a big Summer but judging by Moyes' body language I suspect that the end is nigh.
Tim Kells
33   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:11:12

Just watched the video. Moyes looks well and truly pissed off. I don't understand what's going on. We obviously have no money, but why? We've lowered the wage bill and there's been some good players available on loan which would have given the blues a boost. e.g. santa cruz, ireland etc.

Kenwright Out.
Alex Kociuba
34   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:14:20

Ian Barker, saving 6 million sounds like we're doing well in our efforts to address the financial trouble we're in!

We are skint and have been for decades. Not only that but the clubs around us have got richer and the fans have been getting poorer. Its quite remarkable we even have what we have and we are where we are. Bill Kenwright needs to issue a statement of some kind quite urgently before we spiral into decay.

And the fact we are all taking the piss out the redshite a few months ago is just embarrassing. Fair do's we can take the piss if Carrol ends up being shite, but the bigger picture is that we're actually further away from Liverpool in all respects than we ever have been. Its the depressing truth.

Harry Redknapp was on 5live half an hour or so ago saying there's still an offer for Neville on the table. That will be a good measure of whether we're desperately skint or not if he's gone later on.
35   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:19:51

I agree, Rodwell would be the player I would sell to be honest in the summer, rather him than Fellaini. It is widely specualted/ known that United are keeping serious tabs on him and no doubts Chelsea and City too.

If he was gonna leave, I would rather him leave when we need the money most so that we can 'start again' on rebuilding the squad, starting with our front line hopefully and before Moyes leaves and we end up with Curbishley or somebody of that ilk.
Alex Kociuba
36   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:22:57

P.s. Kenwright & Moyes out.
Ian Barker
37   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:20:33

Anyone else surprised that we have not been targetted today- we are clearly vunerable and Johnny and Jags would surely slot in quicker than Luiz at Chelsea

Felli, Rodwell and Baines must also have their admirers- i guess its a small positive for the rest of the season
Bren Connor
38   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:24:09

Sky just reported that Spurs have put a formal bid in for Neville. Is he going? Would the club lower itself?
39   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:26:13

For some reason, I don't know why Bren, I reckon Moyes would leave the decision down to Neville, whether he wanted to go or not.
40   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:26:40

We are in a lucky position in terms of players already on board and our first team and bench is good enough to push on, however, it seems that confidence is low in our management.

We have a strong defensive unit and are flush in midfield too, albeit weak on the left hand side.

Up front, we really needed to strengthen, however as this as been the case since last summer, there are clearly issues far more serious than we expected.
41   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:24:43

I am totally disgusted in us tonight.

The amount of loans gone through and Moyes states thats what we are after, 3 or 4 was his words even before we let 3 go, Neville will be off too and I dont blame him, Rodwell should run like fuck as well, we are a laughing stock.

I wish I could get a refund on the games remaining on my season ticket but at least the season is finished soon.

Bradley, Ireland, Martins, the latest to move, don't fucking dare tell me they would not improve our 1st 11 never mind squad.

Kenwright is full of shit and so is Moyes. Everton can go Fuck them selves and I refuse to spend another penny on them because it vanishes into thin air like the money generated from the latest departures.

Completely ashamed of Everton this evening.
Alex Kociuba
42   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:30:00

Harry Redknapp was on the radio about 9 o clock said the offer has been there all day and it looks very unlikely as Everton have made it clear they want to keep him.
Alex Kociuba
43   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:31:06

Words to that effect anyway.
Sam Hoare
44   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:19:50

Sturridge to Bolton...another useful player missed out on.
John Audsley
45   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:23:50

On another Thread Richard Dodd said it was A CERTAINTY that we would make a late load signing

Its well known that he is one of BK's closest friends and i for one believe him

Dont let me down Doddy
Colin Prendergast
46   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:30:47

rumour on front page of site via Sky sports site about late Chelsea bid for Heitinga. nothing on SSN. Surely not even for Kenwright?
Ian Barker
47   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:30:25

By the way....i think everyone is forgetting that Tim Cahill reurning will be like 'signing a new player'

haha
Marc Williams
48   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:20:56

Don't moan fellas.... Doddy will be along at 10.59pm to cheer you all up with one of his rousing little ditty's.

Also if Bily doesn't go to Leicester
( one of the BIG 39, we can no longer compete with ) & Capt Pip doesn't go to Spur's then they'll be like two new signings eh !
49   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:32:10

John, don't want to let you down mate, but I'm sure he said the same thing in the summer.
50   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:32:35

The only thing I keep thinking of is when we signed Fellaini, the news didn't come through untill after the window had closed. Fingers crossed!

News on Sky just suggested Everton attempted to sign SWP on loan alongside others, but were turned down.
51   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:36:10

CHELSEA BID FOR JOHN HEITINGA!!!!!!
Ian Barker
52   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:35:16

Can't see Johnney going to Chelsea- Luiz deal will go through. He tweeted about an hour ago that he is in London........got the Arsenal game and looking forward to it! But he will he gone in the summer!
John Audsley
53   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:32:19

loan signing not load

If we do sell Nevile then i think Administration is closer than we think

Moyes went down on record saying that no-one would be leaving "that he was aware of"

That would be the biggest sign ever that we are closer to the dreaded A than we thought
Steve Cotton
54   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:34:29

is it me or does it seem desperate to hope to agree a deal for a player and get him to a medical and thrash out his personal terms with just 90 minutes left to go?

surely if Neville or Heitinger were going to be sold they would need more than an hours notice???

same for players coming in (as if..)
Karl Jones
55   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:37:20

Everton have just turned down a 1.5 million bid for Neville from Bagpuss.
56   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:35:31

I think the worst thing is, normally we have BK coming out with his usual shite, wer'e not even getting that now, shame really, normally good for a laugh.
John Audsley
57   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:37:13

Come on Brian

Im sure he wouldnt spout of endless pro Kenwright garbage more than once.....

A loanee is on his way, before the clock strikes 11!!!!!!!!!!
58   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:39:13

i AM PRETTY SURE THEY CAN LODGE THE PAPERS AND COMPLETE THE DEAL SUBJECT TO MEDICAL AFTER THE DEADLINE CLOSES.
Neil Humphreys
59   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:32:08

And Chelsea in for Jonny? FFS??!!!
Bren Connor
60   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:38:12

according to SSN "Transfer latest - Everton reject bid from Tottenham for Phil Neville" 9.38
Peter Warren
61   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:34:14

i'm gutted about the lack of transfer activity too - but sorry I keep hearing a load of shite from people just moaning. Sturridge - he's never done anything.
John Shaw
62   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:38:11

It is just me, or should that twat Redknapp be charged for tappin up Neville, given that he has openly discussed with the media buying him for about four weeks now ?
Brian Murphy
63   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:28:26

Neville I imagine will go if not another before 11.00 tonight. A stated on another tried we have to raise funds just to the keep the bloody gig ticking over until the summer.
There is so much wrong at the club its not funny. We have no chance of competing with the big boys unless we get massive investment.
For eg: Arsenal make between 900K -1 Mill on Hospitality for each home game. Everton between 60K -70K. How are we supposed to compete with that never mind the fact they are packing it out with 60'000 people each week.
If nothing changes we need to get used to transfer windows like this. There will be no more 11th hour suprises where we all say Maurane Who? at 12.00pm on deadline day & get excited because we actaully had 15 Mill to spend.
I fear developing & signing young talent & then just selling them on to keep us alive. As much as it kills me to say it the chance we had with this set of players is alraedy gone.
James Royston
64   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:30:14

Perhaps "the Board" would be happy to see Moyes go ? More money saved because we are obviously in dire financial trouble. I think Moyes will go if there is aclub with at least some cash that want him. If Neville moves tonight , Moyes could decide to give up and be gone by the week-end... Like him or not , Who could blame him.???
65   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:43:53

What happened with the Eagles bid?
John Audsley
66   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:39:51

Wait for it Brian

Tomorrow morning BK will be saying the usual "incredible night, just incredible" or "Both David and I sat by the fax and it just wouldnt work" or maybe "i was sat with the Wireless on waiting for the news but Marina told me to go to bed"

More chance of one of those statements in the Echo than that of a player coming in
Tony McNulty
67   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:43:23

If we get some quick cash in, maybe we can afford Riquelme - apparently just seen at John Lennon airport
Adam Bennett
68   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:43:35

I'm now waiting for the transfer request and an improved bid.

As for Redknapp, he is a complete and utter disgrace to football. If I was Moyes I'd twat him.

Seriously though, I would think about making a complaint about him to the Premier League. The way he conducts his transfer business through the media should not be allowed.
Peter Warren
69   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:42:36

i can't think of any other loan signings that we'd be interested in - ireland, beattie, keane, bridge etc. The only loan signings I thought may assist would be Santa Cruz - but pretty injury prone and not worth risk and Adebayor - we didn't stand a chance with Real Madrid interested.

If we get our act together for rest of season like we did against chelsea I'll be made up - moaning about our board - they've been crap for over 20 years how come people are suddenly waking up. Let's get behind the team and stop living in cloud cookoo land that there are loads of serious buyers out there interested in everton, there isn't
Guy Hastings
70   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:36:14

Redknapp's 'on the table' offer for PNev is probabably down from last night's £500K to a packet of Sportsmix with just the green ones left. He's a twat. The sooner he fucks off out of football the better.
Jamie Tulacz
71   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:47:39

That's funny Tony (65), my friends gran's dog has seen him along with Manny Fernandes at Finch Farm. Can't be in 2 places at once surely..!
Ryan Holroyd
72   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:39:05

Just do what I'm doing from now on
1) Don't renew season ticket.
2) Cancel Everton TV.
3) Buy nothing from the Everton store.
4) Buy nothing in the ground.

I'm not giving that cunt Kenwright another SINGLE penny of my money.

Words could not express my absolute hatred for that thing.

John Audsley
73   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:47:46

If that Dutch newspaper rumour about JH is true i can see that happening

10 - 12 mill, pocket change to Chelsea

Moyes wouldnt get any of it to spend

Maybe a freebie like 1993 when we sold Keown to the Arse and got good olde Kenny Sansom for nowt
Matty Dawkins
74   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:49:37

I fucking hate Redknapp... He wants hosing down with boiled diarrhoea.
75   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:49:57

Seriously, I feel like crying!
Tony McNulty
76   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:50:55

Jamie - they are both acting as pallbearers for the coffin containing this season's prospects.
Martin Handley
77   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:51:40

Can anybody tell me if that Greek kid has signed or not?
He's just been removed from the players in section of our page on Sky Sports.
78   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:44:53

2150: Oh, and as expected (see 2037) Everton have officially rejected Tottenham's late bid for Phil Neville. That's the Londoners' business for this window done and dusted, barring a rabbit in the hat from Harry or Danny.

bbc website
79   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:52:54

Ryan, I already there mate.

In fact, does anyone want to buy a season ticket in the park end for the remaining games?

Its 3 seats in from the wall closest to the away fans, half way up the stand.

If anyone wants a bargain, make me a sensible offer.... i am actually being serious. Fuming does not even come close.
Ian McDowell
80   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:55:53

like the rest of us then!
81   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:55:10

Martin, he has signed, for some reason its been doing that all night on sky, one minute he's on, the next gone.
James McGrady
82   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:44:36

If Neville goes tonight we are going down, its not so much that he is a talented player, hell on paper he shouldn't even make the bench but its what he brings to the side. He can be shite, but the players around him play so much better when he is on the pitch. He's a great guy and a brilliant captain. I can see him going onto be a good coach or manager.
If he goes tonight, I wouldn't hold a grudge if Moyes walked in the morning.
Since the summer we have been lied to about signings, now lied to about LOAN signings ffs! And still not even a club statement.
83   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:56:20

Do what I'm doing lads, it does ease the pain, a glass, a tray of ice, and a bottle of fine Jack Daniels.
Jake Cottrill
84   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:56:46

Just on OS

Everton youngsters Joao Silva and Kieran Agard have gone out on loan on the day the Club can confirm the signing of Greek youngster Apostolos Vellios. Silva, 20, has joined Portuguese first division side Uniao Desportiva de Leiria until the end of the season, whilst 21-year-old Agard has moved north of the border to Kilmarnock for the rest of this campaign after returning from a shortlived loan switch to Peterborough.

Striker Vellios moves in the opposite direction, signing from Greek side Iraklis Thessaloniki for a nominal fee. Vellios is a Greek Under-19 international who has signed a deal until 2014 and will join Alan Stubbs's Reserve squad. Vellios, 19, is a tall, slim frontman who has worked his way through the ranks at Iraklis and who boasts seven goals from 14 appearances for the Greek Under-19s.

85   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:58:26

It would be just like us to let Heitinga go tonight just when he is looking good with Distin, this would leave us with one player at cover at centre half......Tony Hibbert!!!
Marc Williams
86   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:40:53

Kenwright independent trading...open for business.

"Roll up ...roll up...everything must go !"

"No reasonable offer refused !"

"You sir..yes you sir ... the baggy faced fella from London... 2 million & he's yours"

"Russians... any Russians bidding this evening..We've world cup finalists going cheap"

"Speaking of Russians...Any discerning Swedish gentleman desperate to get back to the Premier League about... Well Sir, I've just the deal for you...I said you loan one, you get this little Billy fella free...excluding wages, easy terms & conditions apply."

"Roll up..roll up...don't be shy, our MEGA -DEALZ sales must end soon"

Note to buyers - Don't worry if you miss out tonight our Summertime CLOSING DOWN sale will be spectacular.
Ian McDowell
87   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:01:03

Brian Waring Its stella for me I'm so fed up got a bottle of Jim Beam thats tempting me too.
Peter Dry
88   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:53:37

Can anyone confirm whether Moyes tried to sign the donkey which Charlie Adam used to take him to Melwood but couldn't because Kenwright didn't have a carrot?

I know we're beyond satire right now but you've gotta try something.
89   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:01:17

Nice one Marc.
Ian Edwards
90   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:03:09

Moyes may look fed up but not as much as the supporters who have had to suffer his dreadful tactics and unfathomable team selections and substitutions for the past years.

If he walks and takes his ball home then it should be a national holiday. Sod the Royal wedding.
Graeme Hodgkinson
91   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:01:29

Anthony Jaras (23)

Birkdale High is an all boys school...

I agree, Hugh ought to sort his name out though...
92   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:02:47

Peter (86), he only signed the back half. The front half is being used as a prop in Kenwright's latest stage show!
93   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:04:05

Marc, I actually can't stop laughing at that.
94   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:05:52

Hi Graeme,
Sorry bud, I meant her fella, I was annoyed when I was typing at the accusation that I had made it up ha ha.
I saw the red, erm, blue mist.
Martin Handley
95   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:06:24

Last minute rumour about Rodwell to Utd for£25m cash plus Park and Gibson.
Can't see it being a goer though why would those 2 want to come to us!
Even Chris Eagles would rather stay at Burnley!
96   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:10:23

Can't see that but I would take it.
97   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:09:23

Suarez & Carroll v Vasselinus Popadopolopodus or whatever the feck he is called...

Work's going to be fun tomorrow...
98   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:09:12

Thank goodness, thought we would lose out to all the top sides for this young fella!

2207: DONE DEAL Everton have confirmed the signing of Greek teenager Apostolos Vellios. The 19-year-old striker has joined from Greek side Iraklis Thessaloniki for a nominal fee.

You will see him on loan to another side at the start of next season!
Tom Winek
99   Posted 31/01/2011 at 21:58:46

BBC

Everything is alright lads
John Shaw
100   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:11:11

Martin (93) - like Anthony, I can't see it either, I'd be amazed if that happened !!
101   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:11:35

That's it Apostle Vellios.

Thanks Jimmy Saville.
102   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:11:29

Martin, can't see Ferguson letting Park go.
Andy Codling
103   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:12:27

fucking disgrace Kenwright fuck off you sack of shit,
and it that offends anyone , tough shit
Matt Compton
104   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:08:53

He looks a broken man. I don't blame him.

He's over the course of the last 12 months attempted to secure the whole squad on long term contractors and for a large part has suceeded.

You have to ask yourself - what promises has he made to them? The players although paid ridiculous amounts of money must also be pissed off.

How do you progress as a team knowing there'll be no new additions because we're fucking broke.

We've had Pienaar spouting his gob about moving to a team to win things and even Distin has mucked in stating we need new additions for the squad as much as anything else. This is a man in his 30's who has no real option but to stay... what's our 20's contingent thinking? Let's fuck off quick?
105   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:13:01

Apostle Vellios

Sounds like a cheap vino
106   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:13:19

Park is a quality player, very consistently effective. Not a chance.
Ray Said
107   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:09:28

So many players have gone out that the team bus is now a Ford Focus.
Why bring in Silva so he can get acclimatised to the Uk and then send him back to Portugal?
The Goodison logic train has run off the rails
Ray Said
108   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:14:25

Jimmy Saville (103) we could sign 12 Apostles and still not win a game with this manager
109   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:14:16

im in my 20's and its my last season with these gobshites. Spent enough on them.

I can get a season ticket for warrington wolves for £200 and watch a sport that has not been ruined by greed and money. It shames football it really does.

Good riddance as well. No longer will I line that roy orbison gone wrong's fuckin pockets.
110   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:17:22

Its like the signing of Apostles will be seated at Moyes last supper (Jan transfer market)
Mick MacManus
111   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:08:35

Fustrating as it is for us all, you certainly can't blame Moyes for not getting players in in this transfer window. His hands are clearly tied by the sheer lack of any funds from Bill et al. He hasnt a pot to piss in. Painful to watch today, you could see it written all over his face during that SSN interview.
Ian McDowell
112   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:15:40

Are we all still waiting to see if we bring in a Diego Forlan or an Benzema at the 11th hour.
113   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:17:00

I don't know why I am staying up, glued to the laptop with FIVE windows opens flicking between Toffeeweb, Sky Sports News Live Online, BBC Football News and the Official Site as well as Facebook in case any of the lads hear before me.

All for fuck all :o(
114   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:18:36

On a serious note. Where would Moyes go. Arsenal, Man city, Chelsea, Man United, don't think any of those would give him a chance.

This is Moyes top job! He won't be going anywhere! Roll on next week to take my £65,000
James McGrady
115   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:19:11

At least this new kid is guaranteed a game in about 2 years time when we are in League One struggling to field 11 players each week.
Ian McDowell
116   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:21:59

Whatever happens tonight come Saturday we will all be either there or glued to the TV watching the match, I have tried to forget Everton. (for financial and family reasons) You just cant.
Steve Cotton
117   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:19:56

anthony go to bed lad it aint goin to be a good night
118   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:22:00

He looks really depressed though. I am sure he has enough in the bank to take a pay cut at somewhere like West Ham or Aston Villa, both of whom have more money than us so could probably match his wages.
Martin Handley
119   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:17:42

Well at least we know it's Becks and Apostos we're all going to Wembelee oh yeah!
All's I need now if for BK to parade The Rock and Stone cold Steve Austin as our new midfield anchors and the Undertaker as our new CB and I'll tie me self into the straight jacket dwuble!
Andy Codling
120   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:23:08

shove your renewal forms up your arse Kenwright as they wont be needed
Tony McNulty
121   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:22:29

We aren't going down but we are a slow motion train crash. And watching it year after year whilst no money comes in, and spin abounds is what really pisses me off.
122   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:20:21

On another thread someone described BK smiling when some wag shouted "When's Lionel arriving?"

It was obviously a knowing smile.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Lionel Blair has just arrived at Finch Farm!
123   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:23:25

I know Steve, my pathetic loyalty and misguided hope won't allow me to switch the laptop off though mate.
Tom Winek
124   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:21:15

I think Chelsea might get rid of Ancolotti in the summer. He could go there?!
Peter Dry
125   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:20:47

While we're getting Biblical, C.S Lewis said of Jesus that he must of been either a mad man, a very sick man or genuinely thought that the world was about to come to an end. The same can be said of Moyes and Kenwright.
Steve Cotton
126   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:24:33

me neither mate! i am just as sad as all the rest of us knob heads.. when will we learn
127   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:27:56

When we die Steve ha ha!
John McLoughlin
128   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:25:20

Any player that chooses to leave Everton will go with my blessings, why would any talented player stay with this club. No money, no ambition we are a joke of a selling club. I'm not going to try and defend us when we are accused of being a small club because we are now. How anybody can defend Kenwright is beyond me. Moyes will go in the summer if he has any ambition because he will never achieve anything here as Kenwright will never be able to back him and will never sell up.
129   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:28:19

Fucking hell, even Michael Owen would do me now.
130   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:29:25

Agreed Brian.
131   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:29:02

Bugger, anyone got a spare f5 button. Mines warn out! Bed it is then
132   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:29:48

I'd have even had Eidur Gudjohnson.
Andrew Lawrenson
133   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:13:46

Some classic comments....i was actually thinking of killing myself before but pissed myself laughing at some of the things you boys come out with....i actually am pleased still to be a blue
Stephen Doyle
134   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:30:38

Apostolos Velios - "WOW"
135   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:31:01

Maybe someone should get on the blower to Dean Ashton...bit of bandaging 'round the ankle, jobs a good 'un.
136   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:31:52

Anthony, he's just gone to Fulham on loan
Alex Kociuba
137   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:33:34

Anthony, make it 6..

Pretty all-round decent site
138   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:33:10

I know mate, that's what I mean, any half decent, even quarter decent Prem striker would do, or winger, just to make up the numbers we lost.
John Shaw
139   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:30:37

Brian (127) - ha ha ha, guess the JD is kickin in then !!!
140   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:30:58

i'd have james beattie now!!

I WANT MOYES TO COME OUT AND TELL US, WHY, AFTER PUBLICLY DECLARING AN INTEREST IN HIM, HOW DAVID BENTLEY ENDED UP AT BIRMINGHAM, I KNOW FOR A FACT HE DID NOT CHOOSE THEM OVER US. TELL US THE TRUTH MOYES AND HANG THAT HORRIBLE TWAT KENWRIGHT OUT TO DRY !!
141   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:33:47

Half an hour left!

Dermot Ryan
142   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:30:31

Watch this space!
143   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:34:10

Alex, Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!
I have gone bog eyed now ha ha!
Jon Randles
144   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:34:34

I have but one thing to say

FUCK OFF KENWRIGHT
Dean Adams
145   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:31:24

Being an Everton fan is like being dead and realising that you are in a state of limbo, constantly being tortured, thinking things can get no worse, only to find that they can and have and always will. Its like being in pergatory.
Mick MacManus
146   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:29:43

Evertonians 4 Change. 'Spare some change' more like judging by tonight!
147   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:35:07

Bring back marcus bent!
148   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:34:51

Long time ago John mate, at one point I was thinking along the same lines as Benn when he said Beattie.
149   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:35:40

I am going for a long shit and I am gonna pray on the bog.

When I return, I want to see some positive, Everton breaking news.
Ray Said
150   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:36:27

Dean (143) -have a drink son and put the noose away for fucks sake!
Ste Traverse
151   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:25:24

I too feel for Moyes at the moment. Bullshit Billy has done a disappearing act and left him to face flack and fend off questions.

Kenwright will do or say anything to hang on to his beloved niche. It's going to take years for us to get over the mess he's made over the last 11 years.

KENWRIGHT OUT.
Dermot Ryan
152   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:38:30

Btw. Am I the only one who would take the 1.5 million for Neville?

I'll get my coat..
153   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:39:16

Anthony Jaras - I'd take fucking Mr Hankey at the minute.

Scoop him out, wrap him up and send him to Kenwright in a shoe box, the CUNT!
154   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:41:19

Right, one more go at trying to be optimistic. 11.15 it will come out that we have made a big signing.
155   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:43:01

My money's on Benzema
156   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:43:33

God! If only Mike.
Mark Pierpoint
157   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:42:28

Kenwright will take us down. Not even a David Ginola left in the locker. Moyes looked in the cupboard and it was bare. Fucking insulting to the fans who pay their hard earned money to be run in such a shoddy manner. There is probably better PR and communication in North Korea than at Everton
158   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:44:06

Honestly, Eagles would make me sooooo happy now! That's how sad it is, I would literally jump up and down.

Shit wrapped and ready pal, anyone got Kenwrights address?
159   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:45:20

nil satis nisi optimum

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

Not in this day and age!
160   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:45:32

69 SKINT STREET
CUNTSVILLE
TWATSHIRE
L1 AR
161   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:47:41

Quality Benn. Shame it's all true.
162   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:48:19

Blackpool do MORE business.
Kieran Kinsella
163   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:45:21

The sad thing is that even if we do go down, go into administration etc. some people like Dodd will still defend BK.
Steve Cotton
164   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:47:57

Why don't we petition the club to change the motto? The one we have is embarrassing because we never accept the best ? we have to take the shit.

Any suggestions for what a true motto would say?
Bren Connor
165   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:50:07

Nil Satis nisi Pessimum
166   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:49:47

Dodd?

I would take Ken Dodd all day long just now!
167   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:49:57

Nothing but the best is a dream
168   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:50:58

What's Latin for: Every little helps?
169   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:51:28

Our Motto should be:

NIL

says it all i think.
Dermot Ryan
170   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:49:39

Has any team in the EPL done worse in this transfer window than us?

Look at our outgoing: Peanuts, Yak, Vaughan, Agard, Silva, others?.
Look at incoming: A 19 year old nobody from Greece and a 17 year old on loan.

We are objectively weaker than we were before the window opened.
171   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:52:17

Newcastle just had a bid turned down for N'zogbia, reported £12m
172   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:52:30

"SUCCESSFULLY AIMING FOR MEDIOCRITY!"
Ray Said
173   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:50:44

Steve (162) try
Nil Status, Nil Optimism
Tim Kells
174   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:46:16

It's not going to happen boys. Moyes said as much in that interview. Another transfer window passes as an embarrassment. No wonder my 9 year old asked me tonight, why we don't sign anyone, when he heard about the lady boy going to Chelsea etc.
175   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:53:30

Spurs for Adam??
176   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:52:37

@ mike

cubits adiuvat
177   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:54:17

Or this one when we relegated........................

auxilium nobis faecem
David Cornmell
178   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:52:39

In a world where "Spud" Carroll costs thirty five million quid, and Darren Bent twenty three million, it's quite obvious that a chairman with the net worth of Kenwright could not really hope to compete.

Which makes you wonder why the fuck he doesn't get out of the way and let someone - anyfuckenone!- take us forward. Animal, vegetable, mineral, English, Thai, a speculator, someone for the long haul - who cares. Watching Everton feels like watching someone you love waste away slowly vefore your eyes.

179   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:53:00

Arsenal and Man City haven't signed anyone!

And we think WE'RE fucked!

Glad I don't support them.
Bren Connor
180   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:53:26

Mike Rourke. It's: "Sulum parum succurro"
Steve Cotton
181   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:54:22

times up lads......
182   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:56:05

2 mins 30 secs left
183   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:55:24

@ Jimmy

It has quite a ring to it!
Alex Kociuba
184   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:56:38

Anthony, continue your website cycling through the night.. 'just in case'.
185   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:56:37

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS:

I have just gone from the couch, to my bed!

Quality
186   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:58:33

And with reports flying around that the Fernando Torres and Andy Carroll deals have been completed - I'll bring you the official word when I get it, of course - here is why you should stick with me for the foreseeable future... anyone remember the bonkers days of 1 September 2008? We waited until long into the hours (and after the deadline passed) before finding out Robinho (£32.5m), Berbatov (£30.75m) and, erm, Xisco (undisclosed) signed on a day that also saw Fellaini (£15m), Pavlyuchenko (£14m) and Corluka (£8.5m) moving. Exactly. There's still time for all manner of nonsense people!
Tony Gee
187   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:58:51

Mcstay and Dean Saunders at Finch farm...

GET IN THERE.....!!!!!!

We're gonna win the league..
David Cornmell
188   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:57:25

Didn't Man City sign Edin Dzeko for crazy money?
Kieran Kinsella
189   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:55:41

Unsurprisingly on the OS fans are complaining about their comments being edited whenever they say anything negative about the club owners. BK would be ideal to replace Hosni Mubarak.
Dermot Ryan
190   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:57:50

Look at their squads... now look at ours..now look at their squads.... now look at ours... now look at their squads...
191   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:58:07

Bastard, just went onto the Sky countdown website, and it says 10:58 Everton confirm the deadline signing of........ only for it to be the Greek lad.
192   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:56:56

@ Bren

That flows too!

You'll have to fight it out with Jimmy S though
Tony Gee
193   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:59:57

Big Mick Hartford or Bryan Deane couldn't agree personal terms...
John Shaw
194   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:59:13

Mike (177) ? apart from Edin Dzeko, or whatever it is!!
David Cornmell
195   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:01:28

Fuck, I'd take Mubarak ahead of Kenwright as chairman at the moment.
196   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:00:17

Anthony Jaras- Are you on Glue?
Martin Handley
197   Posted 31/01/2011 at 22:56:42

BREAKING NEWS: Big Bob Latchford pens 5-year deal."Looking forward to seeing out my playing days here till my bus pass comes through!"
198   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:01:21

Fuck it. Let's just sign Mick Quinn off TalkSport and be done with it.
199   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:02:35

I wish I was. I took that from BBC website.
200   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:02:58

The problem is Anthony, there is no one decent left.
201   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:02:21

Sir Terry Leahy

S O FUCKING S !!!!!
David Cornmell
202   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:03:58

Andy Gray was available on a free, but we couldn't afford his wage demands.

Wonder if he'd be interested in the manager's job when Moyes walks?

Oh yeah ? it can always get worse...

Rob Murphy
203   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:01:28

No signings - Has to be Hibbert & Osman's fault!!!
Steve Smith
204   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:03:08

Who gives a fuck about the transfer window anyway? We got what we expected... nothing.

So on to Saturday: Everton 4 Blackpool 2 ? get on it at the bookies and cheer yourselves up a bit.

205   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:03:45

Dzeko doesn't count... because... he's... big... and... Bosnian...

Alright, I'm just glad I'm not a Gooner! Wenger, what a wanker, eh?
Steve Cotton
206   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:00:58

I wonder if Kenwright ever checks these sites to gauge the opinion of the people??? Probably wiped off the short cuts on his desktop months ago. If he read how he was perceived he would stay in London. He has more pressing things to worry about anyway... needs a new key grip on his Dreamboats and petticoats cast...

He is out 24/7 trying to find one.
Dermot Ryan
207   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:04:15

Lads, I think we are all looking at this in the wrong way...

Holding off interest in Neville (even if the bid was fucking derisory) is a real show of ambition on our part! It has send a loud message to the big boys that we are in it!!!...until around May.
David Cornmell
208   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:07:06

Nice one Steve, except I think you got the scores inverted.
Alex Kociuba
209   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:06:28

"Real Madrid have made a dramatically late swoop for Everton duo Anthony Hibbert and Leon Osman in a deal believed to be in excess of 400,000 (euros)."
Thor Sørensen
210   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:00:16

I know a fair few guys who are Tranmere supporters and they keep mentioning their starlet midfielder Dale Jennings might be off to Everton. (or elsewhere)

But According to some sources on the Cowsheds forum, Everton have lodged a £400k bid.
Could be true, I suppose.
Alex Kociuba
211   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:08:49

I bet he thinks the people on this site are dangerous extremists and a potential threat to security, rather than the average fan.
Jon Randles
212   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:12:05

Ale,x after tonight, I am going to become a dangerous extremist. Watch your back, Bill...
David Hallwood
213   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:01:19

I see Hawwyy went for Charlie Adam, FFS ? how many mids does he want/need???
Ste Traverse
214   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:10:32

Kenwright is truely reviled tonight going off this and other blues sites. Surely there's no-one left to defend him now?

He's the cancer that's rotting our club away.
Steve Cotton
215   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:12:22

Adam fucking Hammill (who I know personally) would have been a great signing for us... and he had a point to prove. He can play either wing, beat a man, score... and has great pace and range of passing... but for £500,000 he was too rich for us..

Well, Kenwright can fucking do one... I have had enough.
216   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:15:14

Yes Ste, there is one left who would defend him to the hilt...... Doddy!!!
Colin Gee
217   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:09:37

Just thinking, we know we haven't got a pot to piss in but, what would have happened if Landon Donavon had come on loan again and Steven Pienaar had signed that £60,000 a week contract, who would we have had to sell/loan out to fund that...
218   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:15:59

I think Richard Dodd has been notable by his absence tonight.
219   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:15:15

In the write-ups tomorrow i'm still hoping to see:

"...for a total of £73million, but the big spenders last night were Everton who in a last minute rush secured..."
David Cornmell
220   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:14:33

Kenwright's reviled and rightfully so. We needed someone. Anyone! We brought in no one.

We clearly are broke as a joke. In a league where it takes thirty five million to buy an unproven Geordie lump like Carroll, I'd suggest we're in a little bit of trouble.

Moyes WILL go sooner or later, and I'm not sure a new gaffer could coax the same results out of our squad. We certainly don't have the money to provide a new man with the players he would want. I really feel that Moyes will go in the summer. He really does have the "carried this sack of shite so far" look, as a few others here have also alluded to.

It really could get a lot worse, fast.

Alex Kociuba
221   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:17:17

If if's and but's were candies and nuts every day would be Christmas.

Richard Dodd: Show Yourself.
David Cornmell
222   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:18:56

@ Colin Gee {215}

And if your uncle had fucked your mother he'd be your father.
They didn't sign, we didn't bother asking anyone else. and now we're stuck with what we've got.
John Shaw
223   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:22:44

David (220) - I think we did ask after other players but unfortunately we were priced out of the market by having to pay..............er..................wages !!

WTF, dear oh dear!!!
224   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:21:24

I actually feel hollow and I really don't care what happens to us now. This season, I have totally fell out of love with Everton, to the point where a 4-1 defeat to West Brom no longer actually has any bearing on my mood... It's a weird feeling, sad really after 27 yrs of them being my be-all and end-all to a certain extent.

Never mind... I'll never forgive that rat Kenwright though.

Nite all.
225   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:26:16

Some of the gallows humour on here tonight has been superb and I thank those who have taken part, but sadly when we pick up the pieces tomorrow it ain't going to seem so funny.

For me this whole wretched night for EFC is summed up thus: Liverpool FC have signed 'The New Duncan Ferguson' for £35million.

Sweet dreams...

Jamie Sweet
226   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:22:45

How completely depressing.

I think we all secretly excpected things to be like this... but I didn't expect to be as completely fucked off with this situation as I am right now.

If I was Moyes I'd walk.

If I was me, I'd cry.

If I was Kenwright, I'd go into hiding for a very long time.

At least relegation battles can be quite exciting things!
227   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:37:34

I think while the window was still open Jamie, I think we all still clung to the idea, that just maybe...... Now its over, and its sunk in, I'm fucking gutted.
David Cornmell
228   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:38:55

Aye Jamie Sweet {224}. I think we're about to find out just how exciting they can be!

Some of the comments here have provided a chuckle, but it is really gallows humour. Really, there's nothing funny about how deep in the shit we are.

Thanks Kenwright for yet more disappointment... on that front, he truly nevers let me down.
David Hallwood
229   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:36:51

Even allowing for the fact that I don't believe there's no one out there to buy us, I think the board of directors of any business not only football that fail the business as totally as BK should step down. A total disgace, I'm voting with my wallet and they can fuck right off for next season's ticket. I feel like asking for a refund for the rest of this season.
Roberto Birquet
230   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:40:59

You know what I almost stopped caring when we conceded against Chelsea. This season has been a drag, and if we cannot get any striker on loan I wonder if this has become terminal. A giant club in decline, as it looked we were ten years ago.

We are not the global brand Liverpool are. Is there anyone out there who cares tuppence for a club from a once but no longer wealthy city that has the two biggest brands in English football in our catchment area. I am utterly depressed about it all.

Moyes looked like he could no longer care less in that video, and the journo knew it and wanted to get away. We need to win four games, stay up, and find out what the Hell is going on. For Moyes, I think it could be the end. Back to ten years ago or worse: the new Birmingham.
Garry Corgan
231   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:42:40

Richard Keys on a free anyone? Knows the game inside out. Could be handy on the left wing...?
Andrew Keatley
232   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:48:00

Cannot confirm that this is true but I heard from someone who has links to Adam Hammill that Hamill was keen to come to Everton ? and Everton were keen on completing the signing ? but ultimately balked at the release clause fee.

So ultimately we were unable to find £500k (which was a steal anyway) to sign a player who is considered to be worth considerably more than that ? and that wanted to come here. Considering that we have received money for Yak's loan, the Pienaar transfer fee, and (I think) a loan fee for James Vaughan ? the state of our finances must be inordinately worrying.

The fee we have paid for the Greek lad must be all that was available; I fear it's that simple.

Ste Traverse
233   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:37:03

Anyone seen the sight or sound of suntan Bobby "there's no-one more ambitious for Everton than Bill Kenwright" Elstone?
Garry Corgan
234   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:59:39

@230 - Yeah. And we're paying for the Greek lad on a Vanquis Visa card.
Daniel Cremin
235   Posted 31/01/2011 at 23:43:36

*****BREAKING NEWS********

Everton deadline day signings:

Bill Kenwright has pulled out all the stops by signing a gigantic "WATCH THIS SPACE" sign to play up front.

FURTHER UPDATE:

Turns out its actually his For Sale Sign from the West End which has been spaypainted with EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Anybody else remember the rollercoaster of emotions on Deadline day summer 2008 when we got the Fellaini update 25 mins after deadline shut ? it was euporia mixed with confusion over shelling out an alleged fee of £15 million (now known to be wrong figure) on an unknown - Now look at us, praying like mad we get that 18 year old greek for the youth team.

Nil satis nisi optimum it ain't tonight...
Kieran Kinsella
236   Posted 01/02/2011 at 00:14:53

I hope we lose tomorrow 8 or 10 to nil because I cannot support a team that has anything to do with BK any longer.
Trevor Lynes
237   Posted 01/02/2011 at 00:02:49

Instead of writing vitriolic articles, just stay away for one game!!

Best protest that could be made... DM will not throw away money by resigning and BK cannot afford to sack him!! We are stuck with them both...

I am not going to watch them as the club is being allowed to rundown and it breaks my heart.

Stuart Reid
238   Posted 01/02/2011 at 01:08:46

I wouldn't blame Moyes if he walked away. Whatever some may think of him, while he could do some little things better, on the whole could anyone else have done better than three top-6 finishes and a top 4 finish?

His stock is high in football and he could get a job pretty quickly at a club with some actual prospects.

We're just skint, obviously, when you watch the hundreds of loan deals flying about.
Peter Dry
239   Posted 01/02/2011 at 01:45:22

Richard Keys left wing? Nah, he defo voted Cameron with all that money he's got/had.
Simon Gilmovitch
240   Posted 01/02/2011 at 01:55:48

He should fuck off then! Take his £65k a week and give it to Holloway. I for one can't stand the thought of another season of Moyes and his tactics, style of play and substitutions.
Kevin Batters
241   Posted 01/02/2011 at 02:11:51

AND THAT IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT!
Andrew Cunningham
242   Posted 01/02/2011 at 02:10:50

BREAKING NEWS'''''''''''
Andy van der Meyde is coming back to save us... YESSSSSS.

Sorry.
Craig Taylor
243   Posted 01/02/2011 at 06:44:39

So... no first team signings. Not even a loan. Suggestions, quite rightly, are we couldn't even afford loan signings. This got me wondering about how we would have afforded Donavan? What happened to this money? Did we never intend to sign him?
Jeremy Benson
244   Posted 01/02/2011 at 08:13:57

What I want to know is what happened to the Pienaar money? It's only just come in.

Surely enough to have afforded a loan fee for someone (anyone)???
Neil Vaughan
245   Posted 01/02/2011 at 08:52:03

Simon #238... I'm with you mate...cant get me head around "...one of the best managers of his generation..." nonsense

The dour, negative twat has NEVER won a trophy at anytime during his managerial career... how the fuck he can be considered great by anyone is beyond me.
Steve Sweeney
246   Posted 01/02/2011 at 09:03:11

Breaking News
Billy has just announced that Jean the tea lady at Finch Farm has signed a new 6-year contract and is so committed to the club that she has agreed to the minimum wage.

Bill stated that all we need to do is to tie up the rest of the squad on these terms and the club will be way on the way to getting in that investment that he has been searching for 24/7 for the past decade.

Chris Perry
247   Posted 01/02/2011 at 10:00:45

Lest be honset we are all fucked off, but look, for every Cahill, Arteta etcsigning there has been a shower of shite.

Beattie ? lost £3 million
Krøldrup ? lost £3 million
Davies ? lost £1.5 million
Van der Meyde ? waste of £1.5 million
Idan Tal!! ? £1 million lost

£10 million lost on poor transfers. Moyes is equally to blame with Billy Bullshit

Tony J Williams
248   Posted 01/02/2011 at 13:24:16

Some hilarious comments on here, you have posters foaming at the mouth because we are skint and then suggest we boycott games, some others are not going to renew.......ermmmm, isn't that adding to the problem?
Marc Williams
249   Posted 01/02/2011 at 13:27:08

Steve Sweeney 244#.... Sorry Steve I just can't get excited about this signing but I can see why Moyes would like her. After all... she's not a specialist 'Tea lady' as such but more of a utility type of cha lady, who can fill in as a cleaner. So I can see her being played in this position or even emptying bins.

She is very defensively minded, always 'tracking back' with her trolley to make sure she's not missed anyone. When she does go forward she won't go wide & try to get behind uneven floortiles or carpeting ...and consequently often loses posession of her out-of-date Kwik Save broken biscuits that Bill bought wholesale when they closed down.

You see there is just no craft to her play and rather than show ability & flair with a strainer & leaves, she often just HOOFS the tea bag into the air, hoping it'll land in a mug.

Yes ... all round a typical Moyes January signing really but with her dodgey hip joint & fragile ankle, nobody will see her anyway. I predict we'll send her out on loan to Formby, allowing Elstone to 'Contract out' our tea making services in another ground breaking & lucrative (for them at least) business deal for EFC.

I can hear Ian Ross now.... another historic first for Everton!

Steve Sweeney
250   Posted 01/02/2011 at 14:44:21

Marc #249 ? nice one, if we didn't laugh we would cry.